Has anyone here built tgeir shoulders by doing raises only?

Has anyone here built tgeir shoulders by doing raises only?

From academic research we can see that lateral raises are providing much more side delt activation than any ohp variation. Wont it be smart to completly neglect ohp, since im already benching (which involve a lot of front delts anyway) and concentrate more on lateral raises?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26540024/
flickr.com/photos/photognome/sets/72157627004280830/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i might answer you if i got more pics of that succulent jew

Bumping for interest. OHP is actually pretty risky.

>From academic research we can see that lateral raises are providing much more side delt activation than any ohp variation. Wont it be smart to completly neglect ohp, since im already benching (which involve a lot of front delts anyway) and concentrate more on lateral raises?
plenty of people do this, you won't be missing out on anything not doing OHP from an aesthetics standpoint

Serious question.

Why not both.

She looks like geddy lee wtf

Yeah its probably more optimal. The average bodybuilders front delts are like 5 times larger than the average person while their rear delts will be around 20% larger. Just focus heavily on rear and side delts for your shoulder exercises

On the other hand ohp allows for greater load, whivh in theory should be beneficial for muscle growth

Wdym?

Honestly, if by built you mean broad then no amount of lifting is going to significantly alter that.

Broad shoulders are bone, it's genetics.

There are some people who are born to grow up with broad as fuck shoulders.

I got a 22 inch shoulder width just cause.

My OHP rivals my bench just cause.

I didn't do nothing special, I don't juice, I just got dealt a hand.

22 inch from shoulder to shoulder? are you 3 feet tall my man?

Are there any fitizens who train wheir delts with raises only? Share pics, please

Utterly disgusting

Not sure how you think height has anything to do with shoulder width.

As a comparison, Arnie was like 24 inches wide delt to delt.

Average man is 18 inches wide.

why is she so sweaty

I've got yer great load right here, boy

she just got out of the oven

Oh wey so antisemitic

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
This gave me so much fucking test AHHHHHH

My body is ready

Who is this fucking whore

Bump

I do, OHP always fuck me up.
2.5pl8 bench, 3pl8 squat but could never OHP more than 110lbs, so I dropped them and don't even miss them
(Don't look at the mess, it's not my place)

You must bench with your delts a lot because your chest is ok but your shoulders are fucking god tier. You should add in some more cable flies imo.

Thinking the excercises you pick actually make your physique. lul

I'm stronger than you but I feel like you look bigger wtf.

Lol

This

im not even gay but I'd drill your ass like no tomorrow. I'd fucking cripple you.

ARE YOU TELLING ME TO STOP DOING THE PRESS™?
Wtf dude!

I like that fuckin wallpaper

Yo one question: do you do progressive overload on lateral raises? (Do you go heavy)

I'd do overload on his behind, go very heavy, No lube.

hahahahaha this
>Gary lee Weinrib

So can I really stop doing OHP?

Zero upper lip

Activation =! development

fuuuuck someone gimme the sauce on this thick jewish slut

Yes

No, nigga

It's because he's short.

You could if you want, but then instead of doing OHP you need to do a front and lateral raise just to replace it

Benching will provide plenty front delt activation. No need for front raises

Yeah no it doesnt.

Yes it does. Look up img activation

Yeah no. It doesnt. Your form is absolute shit if your shoulders are giving out in your bench

>fffrrr hrrrr bitch press only builds pecs xd
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26540024/

As opposed to your triceps? It changes every so often and people don’t stall in the same places this is pretty ignorant

>Unstable load was achieved by hanging 16 kg kettlebells by elastic bands from the end of the bar.
Well done you proved you're a moron

You're probably right, I've just incorporated flies on my push day one month ago, before that the bench was my only per exercise of the week (PPLUL, flat bench on Push day and inclined dumbbell on U)

Yeah bodybuilding and genetics probably. I'm 6'0 (5'11'' kek) 178lbs btw
Very slowly, and keeping good form at all costs, currently doing them 15-20 reps, 25-30lbs
I'd only let a trap qt fucc me, not some repressed faggot

I fucking hate seeing these pictures, they're the sole reason I left Veeky Forums. How the fuck doe this fat, bald neckbeard soyboy manage to fuck this hot slut? I have a fucking eight pack and a full head of hair yet captain cankles over here is probably fucking this chick in her ass, probably did it in public at this festival or wherever the fuck they are

It's pisses me off so goddamn much, fuck

I like OHP and it’s one of my best lifts but I dropped it because I wanted to start using dumbells and focusing more on my chest. I do incline dumbell instead of OHP now and this post only reaffirms my belief and research that incline bench is already good enough for shoulders if you’re also benching and doing laterals with rear delt raises. OHPing is an unnatural movement in a lot of people, our shoulder girdle wasn’t designed to lift heavy objects overhead.

I know mate.
Had a girl who was big time in to this once.
But I was to autistic at the time to capitalize on it.
So she found a 42yo "Man" who would basically tie her up, stick accupuncture needles in her tits, then obliterate her asshole with a modified dildo while she was suspended and completely at his mercy.
I mean he was rich as fuck though, so that might have had something to do with it.

> hot

m8 she's butt ugly

except its not either provide a study or shut your mouth
standing db ohp provides the most amount of shoulder gains when measured in ekg
s t o p posting and actually lift

Not bad.

B-Boris-kun!?

Some women have peculiar tastes. This girl is into BDSM and that's usually the type of guy you will find in that scene.

THE NOSE ON THIS ONE

>we can see that lateral raises are providing much more side delt activation than any ohp variation
You'll always be able to find an isolation exercise that provides higher specific muscle activation than what is achieved using the big basic exercises. This is true for pretty much any muscle group. And it's is one of the reasons why isolation exercises are added to routines in the first place.

It does NOT however mean that these exercses are better than the compound exercises or that they can replace them, and here's why:

How powerful the training stimulus is when viewed in a vacuum is misleading, because training doesn't happen in a vacuum. Training happens over long periods of time. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if lateral raises are a million times better for a single session than the overhead press, because what matters is PROGRESSION. Improving your performance on the small isolation exercises is a futile process. It's painfully slow and it comes to a halt quickly. Whereas on the big compound exercises you can keep overloading these for literally years.

The overhead press is not the best delt exercise.
The bench press is not the best pec exercise.
The deadlift is not the best hamstring exercise.
But you can use these big exercises to build more and more and more muscle for years and years. If you chose to use isolation exercises exclusively, that is very hard to do.

Note that I'm not saying you shouldn't do isolation exercises! I'm saying you should. But DON'T rely on them at the expense of the big exercises or you'll be setting yourself up for failure.

why do you want to avoid any? do you not like working out?

This desu. Why not do OHP once or twice a week and do 3xf side delts every day, they recover fast as fuck anyway.

you shouldn’t be building your fucking delts on bench press you stupid nigger

If you're still here, do you have any pics of the back of your shoulders? If so, do you do anything for your posterior delts?

You can overload a compound movement for years because you can cheat.
You can do all kinds of tricks and bend your body in ways to get that weight up.
It is not a good way to strengthen certain aspects of your body, nor is it a good idea to sacrifice longterm health and stability so you can PRETEND that you haven't hit the wall when it comes to lifting.
Dumbbells can continuously be overloaded for years, and you will hit a wall and be forced to build mass. Which is what he and most people who work with dumbbells want.
To build mass for that particular session and build stronger stabilization muscles in the process.

A hard heavy dumbbells session will bring a man to his knees. It will show him how much he depended on compensating with this part of their body or that. Will reveal how weak they really are.

That's why single armed lifting was always a measure of and DEMANDED in old time pre gear strength sports.
It was a show of true strength by old time strongmen before drugs were brought in.
They could't dick around in a gym and shoot an assful of gear then continue to do the same shit that didn't work before then throw their hands up and say "IT AM GENETICS".

They busted ass and didn't just do the same shit. They walked the walk, talked the talk, and lived that life. They were about all forms of physical strength. Not just doing a few lifts then calling it a day once their boost from gear wore off.

You realize dumbbell exercises such as the standing one arm press is still a compound exercise right?

And are you saying that you can't get continuously stronger on the deadlift for years without cheating? Because IF that is what you're saying then that's not just wrong. It's so wrong I'm thinking I'm not understanding what you mean.

But OHP is a really good lift. Why don't you want to do it?

Weird, fat, ginger guy in a kilt. Into bondage. How am I not surprised

>that's usually the type of guy you will find in that scene.
But... He's just so blech to look at... Who could find that attractive?

nobody, that's why he's got to tie them up

He is probably just the rope tech guy for the photo shoot. Also she is a 5 at best. For progress with ohp is volume better or heavy triples?

You're not bitching about dumbbell exercises such as the standing one arm press.
Your'e bitching doing unilateral movements with dumbbells over barbells.

That's what you're bitching about.
And yes, you will hit the fucking wall.
The only people who will not are teenagers who have access to the best drugs the world has to offer and live a life devoted completely to that.

If that isn't you, then unless you're a genetic abnormality and have no plans of living till you're 50, you know because of the drugs you'll have to take, then you're not going to gain any appreciable amount of "strength" from deadlifts after the first 2-5 years of lifting.

Period.

>He is probably just the rope tech guy for the photo shoot
What?

>nobody, that's why he's got to tie them up
kek'd

yesssss

Invincable!

fucking kek

i knew she reminded me of someone

How's about you try it for 12 weeks, see what happens and stop relying on the height fetish section of a Vietnamese fly fishing board to make your decisions for you?

KHAZAR BRAPPERS

Bump

I know which site you got that from, that t-nation article, right? The one that claims, WITHOUT A SOURCE the average man in the US is 5'10 with 18 inch shoulders?
no way is the average man 18 inches wide, thats closer to the average width of a small girl.
Average man is more like 20"-21". Especially for people who lift 22" is nothing remarkable at all.
My bideltoid is nearly 24" myself, 23.7" at 6 foot 1 but even i don't look significantly broader than most dudes in everyday life at first glance. You have to have us stand side by side in a mirror to really see the difference, even at that it doesn't look like a huge difference. I've seen plenty of dudes wider than me in daily life.
Now this isn't to say that bodybuilders and other people who lift aren't wide, its just that the average man is nowhere near as narrow as you think

grab your left shoulder with your opposite hand and mimic the movement of a lateral raise. feel the side delt working
now keep holding it, and mimic the movement of a shoulder press. you'll steel feel the side delt working
the ohp will let you overload this with heavier weight than any side raise will. not to say that side raises are not needed, but ohp should always be a priority
if anything, i'd put the focus from side to rear delts. rear delt is the most important part of the shoulder, it improves your posture, and it makes you look wider than if you just trained the side delt. anyone whos trained their rear delts well enough can attest to this, but the rear delt seems to push the side delt out more.

22" is nothing remarkable at all for someone who lifts. Especially if you're tall that's borderline average.
The average male is 20-21".
23-24"+ is when you can be considered wide

How so?

There are some gems in there besides her

flickr.com/photos/photognome/sets/72157627004280830/

OYY VEY INTENSIFIES

Work your traps more.

lol

>OHP is actually pretty risky.

christ, this whole photoset.

you could go to this "festival" as after lifting for 6 months and have your pick of any of the women here.
You would be the king of a shitty kingdom that no one else wants to rule.
>but you would still be king

jesus the fucking photoshop here is gaudy

No you shouldn't do fucking front raises instead you god damn retard would you listen to how fucking insane you sound, let me break this down for you, fuckface

>do OHP
>probably pressing 100 - 200
>increasing by 5 lbs is a 5 - 2.5% gain
>it's STILL hard as fuck to add those 5 lbs

Now let's take a look at your knuckledragging brainlet head-thought

>do front raises
>probably doing 20 - 40lbs
>increasing 5lbs
>increased effort each session is now 25 - 12.5%
>oh shit nigga what are you doing
>literally never progress

This is WHY PEOPLE DO COMPOUNDS, it's applicable to every isolation exercise, why bench when you can do pec flys? cunt

Shoulder impingement because OHP isnt exactly a natural movement our shoulders were designed to do regularly. Of course shrugging at the top solves most of this but its still >scurry to some.

jesus christ mirin calves

how tf is this fatass slaying so much?

Supreme gentleman pls go

I don't have an infograph or immediate access to my anatomy notes but the ball and socket joint for the shoulder is extremely weak to have so much mobility. With how the scapula is positioned to do an OHP movement in a way naturally considering with the joint your elbows should really be a good bit farther in front of you than most people do. I believe Jeff cavalier has a video on it also. They're not inherently bad for you, just riskier and more prone to causing undue wear.

holy fuck, THIS