/fat/ Don't buy chocolate on the day after Valentine's Day

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eREuZEdMAVo
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If I don't go right now and get a fucking pizza I'm going to lose it.
I really want some fast fucking food.

Slow down. Find something healthy out of the food in your fridge you bought yourself to eat. You're stronger than this.

hey fattys
youtube.com/watch?v=eREuZEdMAVo

Nigga, that's an hour and sixteen minutes long.

yeah a lot of things that are worthwhile take longer than 5 minutes.

Like the 48 minutes of lifting I did today. Give me a quick rundown, Boganoff.

DIETING MAKES ME WANT TO DIE. I'LL. NEVER BE HAPPY ANYWAY. LIFE IS MEANINGLESS AND WOMEN WILL NEVER LIKE ME ANYWAY. WHY DO I EVEN TRY.

You find meaning through searching for meaning. The answers are never there so you have to keep asking the right questions. Happiness is fleeting. Contentness is the goal.

unironically start smoking cigarettes.
force yourself to do jumping jacks until you're out of breath and stare at your jiggling fat in the mirror until you hate it

This is a meme for a reason. Don't be that guy.

the best diets are
1. low fat vegan
2.low carb high fat
they both work well but depending on genetics one may work better than the other for you.

Most people here advocate for a low carb high protein diet with lifting and cardio so that backs up what a lot of people are saying.

I don't even eat anymore. Maybe 50 grams of rice, black coffee and a slice of bread just to not pass away during Uni.
Lost any kind libido, start feeling like shit approximately at 9:00 pm but it goes away at 4:50 am when I wake up.
It's probably really unhealthy but not having to worry/waste resources cooking and eating food saves a lot of time.

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

akchually its better to fast than to eat at a huge deficit

I indirectly fast for 3 or 4 straight days, I only eat that to stop my family from worrying.

Ate some sushi for dinner (330 calories) and making some frozen banana ice cream for dinner (200 calories).

I still crave pizza like this but then I remember how much progress I'll lose mentally and physically when I binge

I want to start a fast but I have gout and apparently going in to ketosis can kick that shit in to high gear. I wouldn't wish a gout attack on my worst enemy.

Gout is no joke. I have pseudogout which is just gout that doesn't affect pairs of joints. Feels worse than a broken limb.

yeah i saw you in the fast thread the other night.
i googled gout and was surprised that its like arthritis.
could you do IF ?
perhaps omad with a carb heavy meal ?

Cutting on 1500cal a day right now. I'm 6'2 220lb so fat, but not obese.

I'm considering if refeeding is even worth it. Grabbing a chicken kebab every Sunday on top of my regular meals would net me quite a lot of fats and protein that could settle my muscles. But it would mean a day of no progress.

What sort of things could I eat on a keto diet? I've read that you should be going for 70% fat and besides eating blocks of butter or cheese I can't for the life of me figure out how.

I had one thought of cheesy scrambled eggs, American-style bacon and broccoli sautéed with quite a bit of butter. Would meals like this be sufficient to reach 70%? I really would like to try this but most recipes I find on the net are way too complex for me to have the time to make.

>Trying out Keto since Monday
>Hungry even though I ate 10 oz of salmon and two chicken thighs

I ate 800 calories of chocolate today and went 560 over my limit.

I'm going to do more research this weekend instead of throwing myself in to anything for now. Just sticking to 1500 calories until then.

Keep your carbs below 20 grams which is easy if you eat vegetables like broccoli. Extra virgin olive oil pan fry everything. No carb heavy foods. Eat enough protein in moderation. The trick is to keep the calories in low while feeling full from the macro nutrients.

I ordered a pizza

Had pic related for my OMAD
How bad did I fuck up

I think my cottage cheese tuna patties are actually 550cal and not under 500cal.

>pasta
not going to make it

Natural peanut butter (or dehydrated), cheese, meat, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, nuts, mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, low carb tortillas, cloud bread, salad dressings (e.g caesar, blue cheese), avocados.

Find a good deviled egg recipe hombre. Then sprinkle smoked paprika on top even if it doesn't call for it.

As long as I'm eating way below my TDEE I thought it'd be fine. The serving I had came out to around 700 calories, so I'm still at a 1500 calorie defecit.

High protein with not enough fat will make your body turn the protein into glucose. Ideally you want your body working primarily off dietary fat as it keeps your insulin in check.

I'm way below in calories today but also protein by about 80g. Should I eat more to make up for that protein deficit?

If you have gains you're trying to preserve, then yes. If you're just trying to lose wait, don't bother.

Definitely trying to maintain my strength and muscle. I'm still getting stronger even on a deficit.

i eat huge salads with chicken or whatever meats i have .watch some youtube what i ate today keto vids.

You need to start eating whole grain pasta.

What difference does it really make when I'm having so few calories?

>be me, horrible huge fatass
>it's all about appetite with me, did keto, ate too much, went vegan, ate too much
>decide drastic measures must be taken and restrict myself to only one food item, nothing else allowed except salt, pepper, and water
>that chosen food item is brussel sprouts, my favorite vegetable despite being a fatass
>i tell myself there's no way i could eat enough brussel sprouts to not lose weight
>eat six pounds of em the first day
>second day eat nine pounds
>hunger grows
>eating 12 pounds of brussel sprouts a day near the end of my 10 day experiment
>gain two pounds

there is no hope for those such as me

Great digits though.

How in the everliving fuck did you manage that?

Also, how massive were your farts after eating 12 pounds of brussel sprouts?

Don't buy too much shit, plan your meals and stick to the plan.

I was similar and was just portioning way too large to compensate for hunger. Now I do meal prep twice a week and plan my meals, gone from 115kg to 93 in 4 months.

Don't buy anything you can snack on, your stomach will get used to only eating the shit that you prep.

Also, stop with the meme diets, calculate what calories you need, fix the diet and meal prep.

Nice digits you sad bastard

oh it was bad, i live alone but even i was repulsed, not just at the smell but the frequency too, it was CONSTANT

my ass was like a faucet as well, not diarrhea but a very fine, light brown stream with a consistency akin to a room-temperature milkshake. all day it was going, i could just sit on the bowl for three hours straight and every 30 seconds squirt out a whole load. smelled like death too

i think im just gonna hop on amphetamines at this point honestly, my hunger is too voracious

And what after that? You're just going to get fat again after using medicine as a crutch.

Develop some willpower, your life will be better for it.

>wake up in the middle of the night, thirsty as hell
>drink two glasses of water before going back to bed
>feel bloated in the morning
>tfw robbed of a weigh-in

>see dad's workmates when I go in to help him out
>they say "holy shit your wasting away"
>dad says "yep, he's a champ. really dedicated when he decides to do shit like this
>mfw just under half way to goal weight

Gotta try and keep humble, but it's nice to see people notice the difference. Getting those notices from old acquaintances feels good, but also makes me sad that I was such a fat cunt.

If you guys can you should get on the /fast/ train, shit works incredibly well

>old grandma that cooks at my local thai restaurant said I lost weight
Is there anything better?

Yeah I know, every time that someone complements my weight loss I have to beat back that fucking voice in my head says "hey, you don't have to diet any more".

dont you need to diet so you dont gain your weight back?
i fear that the most with myself

W-why does this post make me want to eat 12lbs of brussle sprouts?

>couldn't sleep yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that due to hunger and DOMS
>wake up today feeling like shit
>yoghurt and oats for brekky, tuna egg cottage cheese thing for lunch
>been chugging a ton of caffeine
>feeling slightly better

I need to be ready for a workout later.

Because someone's stand up comedy routine was too convincing. You'd fuck a beehive if you thought the dick stings would make you lose weight.

>be good the entire day
>eat 500 under tdee
>go to gym
>come home
>roommate has her fat bf over
>there's half a dominoes pizza in the fridge, a takeaway box of sonic burger/french fries and a shake in the freezer
>tfw have to see this shit every time I get food
>tfw have to lose 30 more pounds

everyday is a struggle

holy fuck /fat/. running is so much easier when you're not a fat piece of shit.

I tried doing C25K when I was like 235lb (5'11 btw) and made it through the first four weeks but had to stop due to leg pain and started doing long walks for cardio instead. Fast forward a couple months and I'm almost 205lb now. I decided to try week 5 day 1 for the hell of it (5 min run, 3 min walk, x3) and honestly felt like I was flying. It was so much easier than when I left off and this was my first time running in months.

I used to hate running with a passion, but honestly I feel so good right now. Don't give up hope /fat/.

no thanks im good

>start cutting and working out
>zits and acne flares up
>fw

How many calories are there in a capsule of fish oil? The bottle doesn't list it.

True builtfat mode right there.

no shit that's what i want to look like

230ish

Fuck you, I looked it up in the meantime. It's like 9 calories.

Only thing you'll be losing is that gut, fatso.

Stay away from the pizza, you've had enough.

>my mother is asking for take out pizza, treat us both to one to share since all I'd had was a tiny breakfast
>not had this take out in a few months
>it's nice but it's take out so it's a bit much, but nothing I couldn't handle before
>go to bed
>barely sleep for some reason
>finally get to sleep
>wake up to my alarm
>down a liter of water immediately because I'm so thirsty
Is this normal?

You've been getting your body used to eating healthy through a diet change, and decided to bombard it with a fuckton of fats, proteins, and carbs in one go? Yeah.

Don't do that again.

This

Compute.

I've been using WolframAlpha and a kitchen scale to calculate my calories to the single digits.

>have a moment of weakness
>try to buy a packet of trail mix with debit card
>try 3 more times
>give up
Based debit card keeping me on keto.

Why do bulkies get to eat tasty food?

:(

Us cutties have to eat shit.

I deserve that shit after ten years of dirty bulk.

Try eating slower, your body needs like 20 minutes to realize is feeling full

Better than waking up dehydrated with a puffy face desu

Get your pizza, but just scrape the cheese, sauce and toppings off and eat that.
The crust is the only thing that can really hurt you unless it's a fast-food pizza place with a fuckload of sugar in their sauce.

>tfw turning depression into a desire not to eat

Feels good in a bad way. 116kg goal 90kg.

I've gotta.do this more. When I have wraps I have trouble slowing down, and then I feel super full afterwards.

Stay on it. You can make it bro. I started at 120kg, goal weight of 95kg. I'm now at 88kg as of today.

im 110+- going for 70
ill probably slow down after being 90 but thats my endgoal

I went through a really rough patch with some family issues and went from like 120 kg to 90 kg (my goal weight), felt pretty good after it was all over.

very nice dude. hows your life changed? general well being and relationships and career and how people treat you etc?

make it brother

howd you go with strength and lbm? i know its a bitch trying to lift when depression.

>Life Changed
Get with way more girls, have so much more confidence. I honestly have the confidence of a chad. People are always complimenting me on my physique now. I've been asked by Girls at my Uni to help personal train them cause they want to 'tone' up lol.
>Relationships
I had a relationship through a bit of the cut so it's not like I was some perma virgin neckbeard or whatever. But I'm Single now, get regularly shitfaced with my College mates and pull girls frequently.
>Career
Still in Uni, but work part time as a Barista. So much more energy and productivity to do shit.
>People treat me
Get approached by people way more and it's nice no longer being "the fat guy" in the group.

It's worth it bro! Stay on it.

That's what I did when my ex left me brah. Turned not wanting to eat for 5 days into a long lasting change. I have fucking bi polar and all, gotta go hard.

Was 145kg, now 127.5. Getting close to my half way point to 100kg. You'll fucking make it mate. It's only been 3.5 months for me.

I found my salvation.

Gained 20 lbs due to an injury
>was 190 lbs already
>now back to 200 lbs
Been on a calorie deficit since 3 weeks and lost 10 lbs but i‘m not sure if it’s fat since there‘s no difference i noticed since i started.
Goal is 170 lbs

>told myself I wouldn't do it
>did it anyway

Under 20 carbs? Go fuck yourself.

Does anyone else here have double chin anxiety? Like are you still afraid that even after you get down to your goal weight that you'll still have this unsightly amount of fat or loose skin just hanging their ruining all of your work?

>free Krispy Kreme donuts in the dorm common room for Valentine's day
>went in and talked with friends for half an hour
>didn't eat a single donut

is this what making it feels like lads

yes

ces la vie

>told myself I wouldn't go for a run because I needed an extra rest day
>did it anyway

bamboozled

Joinin /fat/ today. Weighing in 260lbs today, 6'1, age 18, worst I'll let myself get
Went on my first run in almost a year (1 mile run, .5 walk/cool off)
Leaned myself off coffee/milk with a fuckton of sugar today (2 ounces of sugar per cup of coffee and a cup of milk, usually 2-3 cups a day. It's gotten bad lately with college kicking my ass.)

Excited for the future, anons. Can't wait to see many-- if not everyone-- excel in the months and years to come

whoa, eerily similar to my stats when i started last year.
just stick to eating at deficit and the pounds will fall right off, also i suggest doing one meal a day/intermediate fasting. ive dropped about 20 pounds in the past four months soley on diet.
>TFW we are gunna make it

How big of a deficit did you have, user?
Since we're so close in terms of starting stats, it'd be gud to compare notes some

6'1 220lb here.

In the same day, I went from a diet of sugary ice milk coffee, ham and cheese toast, heavy mince meat and egg dinners, 20 cigarettes a day, and chronic masturbation to nofap, no smoking, no sugar (or carbs in general), 1500cal cut, and couch to 5k.

Pic is my starting body.

Bro I know that feeling
I was 265 at 5”9 in 10th grade
Feel like hell all the time but I kept eating because of boredom and no friends.
Decided I was gonna go military and lost 50lbs in 2 years to make it in;also grew to 6foot finally.
Now I’m down to 178 and still cutting to get to 165 so I can bulk up right.
It’s all about realizing that you’ll look back on your past self with pride or contempt for what you could have been.
We’re all gonna make it brah

103lbs down now. Still got mantits, nasty fupa and belly (loose skin is gonna be an issue) but looking a million times better with a shirt on. Feels good. Also, people in work are now starting to tell me I'm losing too much.

So that means I'm going in the right direction.

5.10 and 187lbs. Thinking I need to keep going to about 160 if I want to completely remove most of the fat and then hopefully a bit of fasting will reduce the loose skin issue with autophagy. If not then oh well.

To anyone else with a lot of weight to lose. Keep going, it's fucking worth it x1000.

you're gonna make it brah