What's your opinion on SL 5X5?

What's your opinion on SL 5X5?

Why the fuck does it matter, it's a good beginner program
saged

Because I'm a 5'7 135lbs DYEL manlet who's been doing isolation exercises for the past 4 months since joining the gym and want to start a proper routine.

Its all I do and I like it.

I did it for over a year. Gave me a phenomenal strength base. Just do your aesthetics a favor by adding arm accessories and calves.

Thanks user. What if I add some lat pulldowns and, I suppose, chin ups?

Did it for three months before I got bored.

Severely lacking in bench and deadlift volume.

Tips on increasing bench and diddy volume? What just lower weight, more sets?

Fuck pull downs. Just do chins

take 10% off the top of your 1x5 and do 3x5 with that, or do 3x3 at a similar weight and work up.

did it for a couple of months.
- too many squats
- too little upper body unless you do chins, dips and leg raises
switched to gzclp later

It's a dumb SS ripoff that fucks up the original SS while not addressing the issues Veeky Forums thinks SS has

Do SS as it's written, yes with power cleans, but add isolation shit to it, something like dis

monday
squat 3x5
bench 3x5
deadlift 3x5
dumbbell rows
curls
lateral raises or whatever side delt shit
chest flys and whatever other chest isolation you want

wed
squat
ohp
deadlift
lat pulldowns/chins if deadlifts don't kill your chinup strength
biceps
lat raises

friday
squat
bench
deadlift
dumbbell rows
curls
lateral raises
chest isolation
tricep isolation (something easy, not dips but like tricep pushdowns etc)

When you can't deadlift every workout alternate deads with power cleans

Isolation exercises are easy to recover from but don't think dips or dumbbell bench presses are isolation I'm talking strict bb isolation vain shit
If you stall eat more complex carbs
Don't be a pussy with the complex carbs or you'll stall
Don't add fat because fat makes you fat when bulking, converting excess carbs into fat is not a free process, it has a kcal cost, I don't exactly remember the numbers but they're enough to make a difference

ss is a meme

Do ICF5x5. It's basically SL with some added accesories

Stronglifts is fucking based
got me to 2/3/4/5

>a beginner program got me to 2/3/4/5
What the fuck

So is SL, SL is literally SS with rows in place of PC

He's 275lbs btw

Maybe he's like 6'10 or something

5'10, 211lbs at the time of getting there
now down to 195lbs

and yes, its a beginner program, but there is literally no reason to NOT maintain the program to make progress
5x5 has been around for decades, because it works
also, i was 1/2/3/4 before i started lol

So what, you increase the weight every session? I thought that was only a thing when you're a beginner.

Do you want to know how I know you're lying? And no, its not your stats or weight/height.

Because this is a board where the subject is fitness. Go elsewhere.

Do starting strength instead, on 5x5 you'll stall faster

Fuck power cleans

no, i dont increase every workout, havent for a long time now
basically, when i get to 5x5 on a weight, i increase by 2.5kg, and then do at least 5x3, or how high i can get it, and just build up until 5x5 and repeat

i think i can increase by 2.5kg every couple weeks, to a month or so, depends on how i eat, sleep etc

tell me, internet tough guy

When I started SL 5x5 last summer I was a 5'8 manlet that weighed about 140 lbs. Gained 10 lbs over the summer, and a pretty good amount of muscle. In my experience it's great for beginners, you should try it. And make sure you're eating a lot so you get the full benefits.

>not increasing it linearly
YNTDP

>YNTDP
>you're not the doing program
illiteracy must be hard huh?

also, at 2/3/4/5, do i really need to 100% follow the program, or would i have enough experience to do my own thing? i mean, its clearly working

>illiteracy must be hard huh?
>doesn't comprehend my original statement
You're the one who is illiterate and yes if you're not following the program as how it is written, you are not doing the program but do whatever, you seem butthurt fatty.

>butthurt at 2/3/4/5
yeah, im clearly mad that im not 100% following the program lmao

>he must be mad cuz he cant even 1/2/3/4

it's a meme program that's taylor-made for reddit

Then why do you keep replying to my post? And yes I already hit 1/2/3/4 for reps with a linear progression program and currently on HLM and no I'm not on 2/3/4/5.
You seem to miss the point, you don't say a program took you to a certain numbers when you clearly alter some parts of it to fit you, example you increase weights weekly or even monthly depending on your rate of progression, this has nothing to do with Stronglifts as you stated here
So fuck off, either call it something else and don't misguide people into thinking they can get that far with a cookie-cutter novice program.

>having this much raging autism because someone didn't follow the program as written

>he can't explain himself
>proceed to reply with meme-tier answer
>still proceed to reply to my post

ICF is amazing, much fun and stimulating way to progress from novice to intermediate.