Why lift during a cut?

Makes no fucking sense to me. If you're in a caloric deficit your lifts are going to suck shit and your sessions will be pointless.

I get doing cardio and some bodyweight shit just to burn calories but why would anyone want to squat 300+ on a fucking cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

jeb.biologists.org/content/219/2/235
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So your lifts don't go down

To retain muscle mass. Are you retarded?

They're going to go down anyways because you're not preserving 100% of your lean mass when you cut. Why bother?

>hurr durr on a cut and still lifting weight
>lose 0 strength and muscle while magically shredding only fat
>I think the human body works like this

Kek

muscle takes a lot of energy to mantain so you lift so that your body wont be like "i dont need this"

Your body has a system of atrophy that only kicks in if you stop using your muscles, even on a cut you wont lose much if any mass unless you went into a massive deficit.

You lose strength because you literally have less energy (calories) to do your lifts.
The amount of actual muscle lost is minimal.

Aight, you cut and stop lifting, come back in 6 months when you've most of your progress. You can do better than this.

>imagine being this clueless

If you lift and cut you will lose 90-10 ratio of fat to muscle

If you stop lifting and cut you will lose 50-50 ratio of fat to muscle (your ratio of muscle lost will be higher the more you have) so you might even start losing 80% muscle / 20% fat is your holding onto a decent amount of muscle and then stop lifting and start cutting.

Your body will eat muscle before fat on a cut if your body has no reason to maintain the extra muscle. Hence why maintaining performance/strength in the gym is a absolutely required if you want to retain as much muscle as possible on a cut.

If you stop lifting your performance and strength will crash to the ground and your body will let go of that muscle faster than it will let go of any fat.

Because your still gaining muscle mass, even in a caloric deficit. The human body doesn't just stop repairing itself because your in a deficit. Sure, your not going to gain a lot of muscle, BUT you will gain a tiny amount. Especially if you haven't been lifting for a very long time/have good genetics.

>your still gaining muscle mass, even in a caloric deficit.

Sometimes I herp, even in a derp

stfu idiot fag do u even lift....

Wow. You are powerfully stupid. Do you really think that muscle just stays on you when you stop lifting for long periods of time?

You actually think ripped guys just stopped lifting and eating to look like they do?

God dam!!

You don't know how the human body works, do you?

The ones with Chad genetics, yeah

You should lift while cutting to maintain the muscle you have. That being said... when I first started lifting it was after cutting from 230 sedentary fat fuck to 180, then my lifts were 155 for reps on bench, 185 for reps on deads and squat, so I think there is some baseline amount of muscle for each person. When I hear about people who can't even bench 1 plate starting out it puzzles me. Basically, if you're starting lifting and also need to cut first, I don't think it will make a difference. If you're into bulk/cut cycles, then if you don't lift while cutting, then you're an idiot.

How should one lift while cutting? heavy? Light ? How often should you hit each body part ?

They would go down more, I don’t think you’re getting the idea.

Memes aside, if you train for strength while bulking, and then start cutting, would it be optimal to then start training for hypertrophy?

Lol keep doing what you’re doing dyel. No one cares if you lose what little muscles you have.

>My Little user Can't Possibly be this Retarded

This is obviously a troll post but just so impressionable

I wont pretend to know much, but i had intermediate lifts when i switched from bulk to cut. I was running texas method 3 days a week and i could not keep that up on the lower calorie + swimming regiment. The massive amount of compounds per day was too much. I switched to 4day 5/3/1 routine and like it a lot more for a cut.

Muscle atrophy from cutting primarily concerns muscle mass/sarcoplasm size. Hypertrophy training provides the best stimulus for maintaining those.

General strength training / peaking focus a lot of your energy on cell density and CNS development, which arent really under threat of atrophy during a cut.

What are you on? You burn calories by lifting weights, and you won't grow but you're not gonna shrink because you lift.

Just don't forget you can get that muscle back, on the quick. Literal "muscle memory". Once you obtain a certain muscular state, you quickly grow and get back to that state.

>being this retarded

lift if you don’t want to lazy fatty, noone will notice the difference if you lose whatever little muscle mass you have

Kek what, studies?

That's some proper bait, lad. Well done.

you can lift and maintain strength and muscle mass while on a cut, you will absolutely lose size and strength if you stop lifting

Why is he angry, Veeky Forums?

because yoyo diets combined with sedentarism are the #1 cause of being skinnyfat

jeb.biologists.org/content/219/2/235
there's quite a few more but I cbf

adding, muscle regain rate is something like 6x the rate it's gained to begin with
this doesn't mean you should eat a 5000 calories surplus as soon as you're finished cutting, but give it a month and you'll generally be back to the point you were at when you finished bulking (and ideally much leaner)

I don't get it either if you want to cut
cut as aggressively as possible don't fuck with your hormones and recovery time.

So lads, I have a question. I was lifting for a while but bulked too hard and got fat so now I have to cut. Problem is, i spent like 2 months not going to the gym. Can I do a beginner strength program (like 3 days a week squat bench/ohp dead 3x5 workout) and then on the other 4 days of the week do hypertrophy focused workouts? I thought if I do the beginner strength routine I can see where I'm at in terms of strength and then see if i could squeeze out any extra strength on the cut.

>fit gets baited this easily

>lift on a cut with a high protein diet both of which tell your body it needs to keep as much muscle as possible to still be able to lift the required loads put on itregularly
>lose 1% of muscle
>stop lifting and do cardio on a cut and just let your muscles do nothing for weeks on end
>lose 40% of muscle
heh makes you think

This dude actually has a point. When you lift you break down your muscle fibers, and a calorie surplus+adequete protein is needed to rebuild them bigger and stronger. With a calorie deficit, you break down your muscles and you body can only repair them weaker than before.
It makes much more sense to take anabolics that protect your muscles from catabolism and not bother to lift during a cut

If you don't lift, or even if you start cutting yourself too much slack, you can lose massive amounts of muscle.

I literally went from 100kg bench back to 70kg by the time I finished cutting, not to mention I looked absolutely horrible.

You are fucking retarded