Help with routine

Hi Veeky Forums. Can anyone help me picking out a routine for me and my girlfriend? My girlfriend hasn't lifted at all. I've lifted for a year before this on a strength routine and I didn't like it too much after the initial high of making quick strength gains wore off.
Is there a good 3x week full body routine that incorporates some lower reps (4-6) and higher reps (8-15) in the same day?

inb4 sticky.
No thanks to SS/SL and any variation of it.

addendum:
We both need to lose fat, about 25lbs each

addendum 2:
bump

addendum 3:
Bump 2

What compounds of the strength routine did you like doing, first of all? And what are your goals?

Get her into a basic cardio bunny routine.
Some form of cardio,can be riding a bike, stair master, jogging, sprinting, tae bo, ddr, fucking doesn't matter.

Then get her into a lower body and booty focused workout.
Romanian deadlifts
Cable kickbacks
Gobblet squats
Lungees
Then some ab work and then some slight calisthenics to tone her upper body.

You CAN get her into something that will do all three like...stripper pole dancing. But that is fairly advanced.

Woo thanks for the reply. I like heavy OHP the most, i like doing lightweight squats or front squats and lower-rep deads.
My goal mainly is to get leaner and maintain that leanness for the rest of my life, as for muscle-gain, go up to like 90-95kgs(200-210lbs) lean (10-12%bf ) and maintain that for as much of the rest of my life (I'm currently 6'1" and 90kgs at ~20%bf)
Thanks for the reply, my gf says she wants a well-rounded routine, not lower-body only and she also said she's interested in weights, not bodyweight-based routines.
I WAS thinking of putting her on a lower-body focused routine with cardio, but if giving her a good split of upper-body and lower-body will help increasing interest in training, that's what I should do.

PHUL

>my gf says she wants a well-rounded routine, not lower-body only and she also said she's interested in weights, not bodyweight-based routines.
>doesn't want to do SS which is heavily emphasize on lower body due to Mark's Ass Fetishes
Literally kys faggot, people like you are laughable beyond saving, not wanting to do a proven program and ask random strangers is a joke.

>doing SS on a cut
>doing SS when I said too much emphasis on lower body is not desirable
>doing SS at all, ever
Literally kys faggot right back at you

Any PHUL routine in particular? Is it adaptable to 3days/week?

That's good, you can do OHP for a shoulder day, squats on a leg day, deadlifts on a back day, and obviously bench on a chest day. Then add additional lifts that focus on the same body part onto those days. OHP, side + lateral raises, rear delt flies, shoulder press. Go from there.

Same with your gf, look at her goals, find a main compound that works towards it, add accessory lifts around it, repeat for another main bodypart.

Dont listen to obviously.

thanks for the reply. I might just have to be not lazy and make the routine myself. Any suggestions for 3x/week training in this style?

Like Push/rest/Pull/Rest/Push - Pull/rest..etc.. with deadlifts on pull and squats on push?
Or Upper/Lower/Upper?

Push/Pull/Legs is pretty common, and you can run it twice if you're able to go six days a week. Deadlifts on pull, squats on legs, bench on push. I believe the standard routine is to alternate which heavy compound you're doing. 3x5 bench one Push day, next 3x5 OHP, and alternating the additional accessory lifts as well.

So your goal is to lose fat, maintain your fat % after losing it and gaining muscle mass?

Focus on losing the fat first. Cut for 12 weeks on a -300 kcal from maintenance diet while doing cardio and lifting low-medium weights for 8-12 reps.

As for the routine 3x per week I would suggest starting off with cardio 2x per week and doing upper body focused compound movements for 8-12 reps after that.

1x per week you skip the cardio and do both upper and lower compound movements, only that day lower is the focus. Still 8-12 reps with low-medium weight. I'm not going to tell you which exercises because you have to figure them out yourself, but make sure you hit 8 working sets for small muscle groups (calves, biceps, shoulders etc.) and 12-20 working sets for the larger ones (chest, legs, back etc). at least twice per week.

You should not do PHUL with your goal in mind, because PHUL is not going to help you lose your fat at all.

After this 12 week cutting phase you're going to focus on the muscle gain. now COULD be a good time to do PHUL, but I would recommend doing a strength based training program (not SS) of 3-7 reps with high weight to get the muscle growth going. You can continue the cardio if you want, but you are still required to hit 8-12 heavy working sets for small and 12-20 working sets for large muscle groups with high weight. Eat no higher than +300kcal above your new maintenance (your maintenance is now higher because of the 12 week cutting program has improved your glycogen storage) with at least 1,5g protein / kg bodyweight to ensure you gain lean ff muscle mass.

You can also avoid the strength based program and do PHUL instead, but the amount of lean muscle mass gain from a strength program is going to be more efficient. (PHUL hits strength once a week and hits endurance once a week, resulting in half assed gains)

thanks for the in-depth reply,
So you say that alternating strength/hypertrophy or even doing both strength and hypertrophy in the same day is inefficient?

also yes, that is exactly my goal. and I screencapped your advice for building my routine, thank you again

Short answer, yes doing strength and endurance on the same day is inefficient. I would advise rotating between strength and endurance based routines every 6 - 12 weeks if you plan on working out 3x per week for the best results.

Do you mean hypertrophy, not endurance?
Also, in the routine advice you gave above, how much cardio do you recommend? Just enough to get a -300 below maintenance? Any general advice on cardio intensity/duration? I haven't really done dedicated cardio since I was like 15

Muscle hypertrophy has two 'modes'. One is for increasing endurance, one is for increasing lean (fat free) muscle mass.

I would advise to never drop below 2x cardio per week. Calculate your calorie intake by taking cardio into account, instead of doing only enough cardio to get -300 kcal. For instance, if your daily intake is now 2400, with a good hour of cardio it is going to be 3000 (600 burned) That day you eat 2700 because you want to eat -300 kcal below maintenance. On a day where you do not do cardio, you eat 2100. I'm making up numbers here, you must calculate it for your own situation but I believe you get my point.

As for cardio intensity/duration you can do multiple things. If you aim to lift weights after cardio, I would suggest doing about 1hour of low-med intensity cardio. If you do your cardio on another day than your lifting, high intensity cardio (sprints fe or chestcrawl swimming) burns alot more. Your preference really, find a schedule that works for you, that you find fun and stick to it. My go - to cardio is running in the woods for about 1 - 1,5 hours or swimming 30 - 60 minutes.

thanks for all the answers fampai