Complete the following sentence:

Complete the following sentence:
>The Texas Method by Mark Rippetoe is...

a meme

a routine

A meme routine

yet another routine that you shouldn't be doing, unless you modify it so much the point where it's not The Texas Method

Too much for THIS lower back

>...The Texas Method by Mark Rippetoe is...

the routing you should start after you're done with ss

It's a meme, it's a routine.. it's a meme routine

total fucking dogshit that only works for talentchads and people willing to fatfuck themselves

it's also not by Mark Rippetoe, and it's also not endorsed by Mark anymore he thinks it's shit now and directs people to HLM or feigenkike's intermediate program

Judging by the replies so far in this thread I'm beginning to wonder whether anyone in Veeky Forums actually lifts.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ripp but the idea that TM is a meme for strength based progression just shows lack of knowledge of the subject, and those who have no experience with such matters should shut the fuck up.

He's recommending a 4 day split these days. I've run it before, and it works well.

there are so many great intermediate programming options out there now, there is no reason to do some meme routine that has you perpetually trying to peak and hit PRs at the end of the week when all but the most talented intermediates cannot sustain something like this for very long at all

the standard TM template also has pathetically low deadlift volume and pathetically low bench press volume which makes it essentially squats: the program

seriously if Rippetoe himself doesn't recommend the routine anymore why do people still try to defend it? sure it works for some people, anything works for some people, but for the majority of people it's not a good choice

Whats a good choice then?

Nice

Its great for squats but literally nothing else, you need way more volume to get your bench up as an intermediate

What program is good for bench?

I want to know this too. I don't see how push exercises 3x a week isn't enough volume.

>call texas method a shit routine
>doesnt come up with any alternative intermediate routines

>tfw talentchad

>texas method
>doesn't require you to be in texas
for what purpose

>somebody else comes up with alternatives
>calls it shit and tries to convince the rest of the board tm isn't a meme

>conplaining that a program written for WLers has low bench volume and focuses heavily on the squat

Can we just post this whenever we get stuck in these endless SS/TM vs everybody else loops?

Will one of you niggers just say what routine is better for getting your bench up?

Smolov jnr for bench

>a well thought out intermediate program with clear goals and a means to achieve them

This What are those "great intermediate programming options"?

an intermediate strength-oriented "daily undulating periodization"-style weight lifting routine aimed primarily at increasing squat, deadlift, bench press and overhead press of a trainee who finds trouble progressing those lifts on a linear periodization programs

garbage just like all of his other routines.

in the original template you do 5 sets of bench on VD, 3 sets of press on RD, and 1 set of bench on ID, and then you switch focuses in the next week so you only get 3 sets of bench (at a reduced intensity) on RD

that's 5+1+3 = 9 sets of bench in two weeks

that's fucking absymal

to make it suck less shit, do not alternate bench and OHP, just do bench focus every week, and add in back-off sets after your intensity day (do something that addresses your weaknesses), also add direct tricep and chest work on VD or ID if you want

for example

5x5 Bench

3x5 OHP

5x1 Bench (5 singles)
3x8-10 CGB
db flyes
rolling db tricep extensions

Glenn Pendlay wrote it tho

the problem here, brainlet, is the people it's being prescribed to on Veeky Forums are not weightlifters, and presumably have an interest in increasing lifts other than the squat

>reddit-core

A one way ticket to amajpr muscle group tear.

"Blood and guts" routine is still based.

So the program isn’t shit then, it’s just being wrongly prescribed.
Literally every single program ever written is shit if it doesn’t fit your goals.

>The Texas Method by Mark Rippetoe is...

A decent but pretty mediocre program that accidentally introduces people to intensity undulation but confuses them into thinking dynamic effort days are a good implementation for overcoming training-age-related plateaus.

considering that TM has long since stopped being a WLer specific program and most of the people who have done TM and will do TM in the future are not WLers and have an interest in increasing the squat bench and deadlift and not just the squat, it's perfectly fair to judge it by the criteria of how it works for those people

if Mark Rippetoe and co. hadn't marketed it towards intermediates in general (thankfully they don't anymore) as the next logical progression after starting strength, we could judge the program as a squat-specialization program for WLers

forgot the (You)

What do you guys think of this routine?

Great post, will consider your adjustments to the program.
When you say 5 singles, what weight would you suggest?

dogshit

fairly heavy but not maximal, aim to progress them slowly but consistently

for ID instead of just doing 5 singles always i would follow andy baker's recommendation of running out rep ranges, do 1x5 until that stops working, then 2x3, then 3x2, and then 5x1 until that stalls out, then loop back around to 1x5

This kinda

DUP is good but better if you modify the rep ranges

Rn im doing

Volume:

SQ 5x5
BP 6x6
Deads 5x3
Chins 4x10

‘Light’/power day

SQ 5x3
BP 5x3
Db rows 4x10
Reverse hypers 5x5

Intensity day:

SQ 3x3
BP 3x3
Deads 3x2
Chins 4x10

ayy lmao check my TM

Hard. Monday squat sessions 365 5x5 will break you.

How are you deciding what weight to do each day for compounds?

only for genetic freaks who want to powerlift and compete
not for the average joe

I did it and got great progress

but its not really meant for long term progress nor if you want to dedicate to more bodybuilding style training
This is becasue like SS, the progress on the weights is so fast, that adding complementaries sometimes exceeds the volume on recovery and you end up exausted.

I tried the bridge and I can't say I recommend it as an intermediate routine.

I started with a 265/355/455 and ended week 8 on the bridge with a 245/325/425 but with much better working capacity. I used to work out 6x a week Push/Pull maxing out every workout and that worked up until those stats so I switched to the bridge since I was no longer making linear gains.

I was not expecting to actually lose 1rm strength, all I got out of the program was increased working capacity at lower weights. I did get massive though so it now looks like I lift which is probably thanks to all the high rep sets instead of what I was doing before of 1-3 rep max effort every day.

What the fuck is a bridge?

>I used to work out 6x a week Push/Pull maxing out every workout
What was this routine?