Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would deadlift when you could just squat, clean and press?

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would deadlift when you could just squat, clean and press?

because deads are just half cleans you dummy

>Doing deads
>Ever
Unless you're on gear its a stupid fucking exercise.

I cant believe Veeky Forums shills that shit to fucking newbies. Might as well tell them to jump off a bridge and land on a brick wall to snap their shit up and save them months.

No kidding. Veeky Forums is just pure meme.

They're still fun though even if they're not optimal

You won't snap anything if you have good form. I hate retards like you who even say shit like that. You're basically saying
>"I have shit form and refuse to go lighter weight to work on it, so I'll say it is a shitty exercise."
I'd been deadlifting for my entire life and have never fucked my shit up.

You pretty much have to design your program around deadlifts to get optimal results with it. It produces great power and core fitness to a high degree but there is arguably no exercise more dangerous, especially for beginners. It's honestly a completely unnecessary exercise because of how you can integrate other exercises to compensate for not having it in your program. Truly only necessary for power lifters, power builders and strength athletes and no one else.

I just want to know what exercises I should do for my core and legs that involve free weights (barbell or dumbbells), if I'm not supposed to do squats or deadlifts.

Is the answer Bulgarian split squats and Romanian deadlifts?

My goals:
>non-snappage
>just enough legs (my legs are already quite thicc compared to upper body)
>some core strength would be nice

>because of how you can integrate other exercises to compensate for not having it in your program

Like what? Because I'm a beginner and while currently deadlifting isn't an issue I'd like to find a replacement once I start having to go heavy

Squats are great for legs though. You'll get better at it and more resilient to the effects of soreness over time. Just keep monitoring and improving/perfecting your form every session. My leg development comes solely from squats, lunges, cleans and box jumps/step ups. Everything else is the standard running/swimming, but I don't identify as a bodybuilder but a weightlifter/athlete.

squats are a lot more dangerous, most beginners don't have the flexibility and the movement is more complex.

No thanks. There's nothing good about loading weight on to your spine. At last with lunges I can keep the weights in my hands instead of on my back.

Squats will also majorly develop your core.

Clean and press. The clean simulates the deadlift movement but at a significantly lower weight because you have to be able to press the weight as well. It's a technical exercise that has a lot of room for perfection as you progress and it's a compound movement that is supremely beneficial.

I disagree, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

Because they're good For You.

>No one cared who I was till I put on the mass

Front squats are your friend for core strength and less (but enough) legs. They'll hit your hammies.

>i wont do regular diddly
>ill do rdls instead

Jesus fuck

Lower weight at higher velocity
Almost Equal forces on spine while requiring much higher technical proficiency and potentially more dangerous for shoulders

Great plan

Obviously there would be several other lifts and types of training involved. As a singular exercise combined with a program that suits a completely different goal than DLing, cleans are the obvious, preferable choice.

>the absolute state of Veeky Forums
when did we get inflitrated by faggots and pussies saying deads are bad?

Maybe I am particularly injury-resistant(yes, am a manlet), since I apparently walked around with a partially broken vertebra for over a year and kept lifting as well, but I deadlifted with snap city form and never got injured for a long while. I think squats are much, much more dangerous. When doing deadlifts, the worst thing that can happen to you is a blown out disc. With only a single slip of the feet, a squat can literally shatter your spine and leave you as a turnip for the rest of your life.