Why do girls inevitably do weird meme exercises at the gym...

Why do girls inevitably do weird meme exercises at the gym? Yesterday I saw a girl doing a squat with like 5% ROM with a resistance band halfway down her quads. Every day I'll see at least one yoga pant clad slut doing some ass backwards exercise I've never seen before.

Do they learn this shit from listicles?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BYuU_pKFpRi/?taken-by=thearabianprincess
youtube.com/watch?v=K-W7sT6EMUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw I remember seeing 3 wannabe stacies in my unis rec gym doing synchronized air squats

They unironically think there are boy and girl exercises. The amount of times I see some bitch do that stupid band side step exercise is fucking too much

because they want to sculpt their legs not their shoulders or arms like you

Well you see girls are kinda stupid.

The other day I was doing squats and in the mirror behind me this girl had the EZ bar on her back and was doing these weird sideways crabwalks back and forth along the length of the gym. Very distracting.

I see girls taking up squat racks forever doing a billion reps of 65 lb quarter squats. They think it'll make their butt look nice.

girls should never lift weights their muscles wont grow anyways they just dont have the hormones and genetics for it

stick to cardio stacy

being this dumb

They’re not into it to get cut or just get healthier. They do it just to get big asses, in some cases tits, etc

God damn it, user, you forgot your meme arrow.

They don't any more so than guys. You just notice the females because your desperate little penis is thirsty AF, and you're likely bitter at half the world's population because your own shortcomings and looking for someone to blame other than yourself. Now take your off topic male equivalent of a raging Tumblr femnazi ass the fuck off this board
>/r9k/

...but glutes get hit at the bottom of a full squat.

Yeah but the squat thots don't know that. One ATG rep of a real weight is worth more than all those quarter squats with baby weights put together.

So true. Girls are always on stepmil cross trainer squats

...but that's not true

ask me how I know you're female

They aren't wrong for some exercises. I laugh every time I see a guy using this thing.

lmao if a female says the same thing as op she's a catty bitch and by pointing out meme exercises she's bring other females down but if a guy says it on his shitty manlet incel board it's the truth

Keeps the knees from going inwards.

Ahhh the good ol THOT machine

Despite the fact that she's doing it for the attention this could actually work her glutes

My wife and I are going to take a vacation in hawaii soon, so my plan is to get a temp membership at a local gym to keep my momentum going. I've been working out at home for nearly 3 years, so I think my problem will be containing my laughter as I observe all the meme-tier shit like what OP is describing.

He's not completely wrong. Most women just need to have a decent-to-low body fat percentage to look good.

remember ladies, don't forget to straighten your hair, put on earrings and wear your watch while working out to achieve maximum attention whore.

what do you have against watches. granted hers is bling you should clarify before you hate on watches

i use those after i do squats, prevents your knees from buckling when squatting

I saw a chick doing that thing where they take a bar and put it over their hips and thrust with it. I thought that was absolutely a meme here but is that a real fucking thing people do?

instagram.com/p/BYuU_pKFpRi/?taken-by=thearabianprincess
what exercise is this?

Christ. Yes it is

Romanian deadlift I assume

They learn it from Instagram. Go through the comments with a video of a girl doing stupid ass exercises and you’ll see “yaaaas can’t wait to try this!” @dumbslut

Femanon here, ok, so why do guys think it's appropriate to hit on women in the gym all the time? The other day I was doing one legged deadlifts and I heard this guy asking another girl "Hey baby you look good! Wanna go out sometime?" Triggered, I immediately rushed over to the poor woman's defense by pretending to know her and ask if she was ready to leave and get out of this awkward situation. The girl thanked me and assured me the guy was actually her boyfriend. Still I see this shit all the time and it gets really annoying

Girl here. Been going to the gym for one week today.
The gym I go to is a small town gym. Upstairs they have cardio equipment, small dumbbells, resistance bands, and resistance machines (not weighted, I think it's hydraulic or something) that the owner described to me as "the same equipment they use in Curves programs" when he gave me the tour. Downstairs, in the concrete basement, are two weight rooms. One room contains benches/barbels, a squat rack, upper body Hammer brand machines, a pulley set up, larger dumbbells, and in the other room they have 3 styles of leg presses, two more squat racks, a quad ext/flex machine, and a couple others.
Women tend to populate the upstairs, guys are downstairs. I've just started and my goal is building strength and endurance. Today I used the elliptical for 20 minutes, did a round on the Curves machines, and then went downstairs to do a circuit on the upper body Hammer machines.
I'm slightly intimidated by the big dudes lugging 45s around like nothing as I do machine assisted lat pull downs with 25lbs on either side. However, that's on me. But why is this shit normal? Why are women all over the cardio bullshit? Also, I never see men using the machines save for the leg press. Why is that? Are machines strictly for beginners? Is it a macho thing?

kek the other side of the coin.

Yes, because the machine does most, if not all the work for you and makes you feel like you're getting a work out but in reality, it's just burning carbs to make you looks better. More reps=more energy used. Guys are supposed to put that energy into strength because only faggots need to worry about "endurance" when they're on their knees

it trains your hip flexor and is really helpful if you have hyperlordosis

In that case, is there any value to using machines if strength is a goal? I'm not concerned about hypertrophy and I do not need to lose weight but I require increased physical strength as well as endurance. Should I avoid the machines or use them to work up to free weights?

Yes, just set them at higher weights so you can only maybe 5 to 10 reps each and every time you see yourself able to do 15 to 20, step it up
Also, like everyone says, E.A.T.

What is Google?

What is the point of Veeky Forums?

God i wish that chair was me

my gym has a girl who comes in with a chad dyel, clings on to his bicep until he reaches the weight racks. Her hair is curled and shes is wearing false lashes everytime. I imagine she only squats and comes at 2 am to run without him

You trust strangers on an Indonesian basket weaving site with your health and fitness.. You do you!

my gym as 5 of every machine out there except for the calf machine. Its majorily guys who use them, but theres also a small ladies section so they might have them in there.

not really, maybe like 20% of guys in my gym do weird or retarded ROM when they exericise, while 80% of women in the gym just do retarded exercises with shit ROM.

This.

I remember busting frequent nuts to this game as a young lad god damn

>mfw classic nut busting nostalgia

fucking kek

why do they do this? there are some pretty Veeky Forums girls at my gym and they all do this

Read the sticky retard

>youtube.com/watch?v=K-W7sT6EMUE

I have hip flexor/groin pain and it's fucking with my squat, will using the thot machine help to fix it?

Machines are for absolute beginners who are too weak for an empty barbell. But they are safe, so it's what the regular customer gets told to use without supervision

Nyt takaisin sinne saliin, neiti.

Yea ofc it’ll reduce your chance of injury in case you’ve damaged anything

im that guy who does girly meme lifts

>This entire thread
One of the MANY reasons I detest women. They should be fucking banned from gyms. Women have their women only gyms so men don't "stare" at them while they're dressed like whores. Why can't we have male only gyms devoid of thots? Oh, because that would be "sexist".

Another reason why I exercise at home.

To crush dicks

Normally I'm not a misogynist but holy fuck are women at the gym annoying.

> does stupid meme exercises with equipment you need
> takes forever between sets, browsing thotstagram so they can find more meme exercises or just chats endlessly with their friend
>entire workout is butt exercises

Seeing girls doing real exercises like bench press or preacher curls or hell even squats done right is rare but wonderful to see.

No. This is wrong. Go watch Jeff Nip's video on butts he has the list of studies disproving it.

Clearly you have never been in a Veeky Forums below angle ass picture thread

Who the fuck cares. Lift weights for once you fucking twinks

>listening to a manlet
lol
just lol

You read too much buzzfeed bro

Kek
I remember that one

>Been going to gym for 2 years now
>Doing my 3 plate squats
>See girl looking, she starts flailing her legs while gripping dip machine to loosen her hip flexors or something
>I finish and leave to do my lat pulldowns
>See the same girl now doing single leg kickbacks
>wtf wasn't she just at the squat rack waiting for a rack?
>See same girl doing different exercises me for the rest of my workout.
>be me, "wtf..?"

If you look closely, the girls doing meme workouts are always near a Chad in the gym constantly trying to get his attention. They'll find any excuse to workout directly in front of Chad and try to catch if he looks or not.

t. Chad

Jesus christ read the fucking sticky dude? Machines are fucking garbage. If you want to get stronger pick a beginner routine from the sticky and stick to it

machines dont train stabilizers which are incredibly important. also just all around worse for muscle development, and make injuries happen because your musculature around your joints will be imbalanced as fuck

To their credit the amount of misinformation regarding health and fitness directed at women is absolutely incredible, you wouldn't believe not only the type of shit everyone says but just the sheer amount of it

For men it's pretty simple, we want to put on as much size/strength/speed as possible so we optimize the most effective workouts. For women it's usually just to improve the shape, lose fat, increase "volume" or whatever. What no one tells them is that it's the exact same process as for men, so instead they avoid doing what they should actually be doing and try to find "girl-friendly" aka dumb meme shit that their -in-slightly-better-shape- friends recommend to them

Marie Rose best girl.

To add on to what everyone else is saying I will use machines if I'm working off an injury (rugby player)

The key thing about them is that they restrict the range of motion into an unnatural movement; when you squat for example you use many more muscles than just your legs. Machines remove that, and are usually just there for commercial reasons so that beginners can easily jump in and feel value from their subscription.

Also don't be intimidated by "big dudes", chances are they're mostly concerned with their workout and will only bug you if you're doing something unsafe. Most guys in the gym LOVE when someone asks for their help or advice with a lift, especially a girl.

>not using the birthing machine while grunting and staring at people in the gym

Lmao... This is actually good tho? Donkey kicks nibba

That's because it's a matter of safety, retard.

A woman creeping on men is harmless. You can just ignore them or push them off if they get handsy. You literally only need a few months at the gym to be stronger than 99% of women who have been lifting for 10+ years.

Meanwhile a man creeping is dangerous because women have no way of defending themselves unless they have years of self-defense training or concealed carry. If they don't, the most they can hope for is that there is another man there willing to defend them should the creeper get handsy. If there isn't, they're helpless and any psycho can do whatever they please because they're that much stronger.

Any woman going to a co-ed gym alone is putting herself in danger. Women only gyms prevent that danger because there aren't any men there to attack them. Male only gyms are pointless because there's no way any reasonably fit man would be weaker than any of the women in there with him.

I wonder if I could say I identify as a woman and go join curves or some women's gym.
if they denied me I'd sue and be rich.
that's how the world works these days I think

best girl

wrong

this actually is a legit exercise in that it targets the glutes very well. i'd rather just do single leg bridges though and not look like a stripper. or have the bar slip off my shoe and fucking smash my foot off at the ankle

>Also don't be intimidated by "big dudes", chances are they're mostly concerned with their workout and will only bug you if you're doing something unsafe. Most guys in the gym LOVE when someone asks for their help or advice with a lift, especially a girl.
This. I think most people on here (those that actually lift) love to talk about working out and would be glad to help you with anything that you needed. Only thing that is a requirement is that you act serious about the workout, so they feel that you're on the same level. Plus a chad would probably love to teach you to squat then feed you his protein

Same reason you retards eat raw onions

whom

>thearabianprincess
More like thearabiantoilet

little lupe

...They want to increase their test?

she forgot to put a dildo on that seat.

YES! The beach volleyball games. I beat my dick raw to these when I was younger. good times....good times.

while there are much more effective exercises, the hips hold the power to just about anything related to a ground fight (or just general ones). Not something you want to neglect should you ever find yourself in one.

Messenger plays a big role. They look at things like SS, SL and PPL and see the guy talking about it is some huge dude or it is being sold by something like "testerone monsters .com" and think "oh this must not be for me".

They are therefore pretty skepetical of anything that looks like it is based around heavy weights and big lifts.

Since those are the science based approaches the only alternative are stupid meme exercises that don't work nearly as well, so they gravitate to those.

Guys in the gym are also way more likely to approach and help other dudes. I know a lot of the dumb shit I was doing got corrected by other guys. I almost never see guys doing that for girls, there is just a barrier for communication between anonymous males and females that don't really exist for males and other males in the gym.

It is a pretty effective machine that isolates important muscles. You're committing the same mental error thots makes. Conflating who does an exercise with who it is for.

user what kind of insecure faggot are you?

>Why do girls inevitably do weird meme exercises at the gym?
>ctrl + f
>"free test boost" not found
ITT: (no homo)

presenting

>#exotic #sexy #follow #followme

I bet if you asked her, she would still say she's not doing it for attention.

I spend way too much time on this fucking board.

holy shit, T R I G G E R E D.

OK, you've given me an appreciation for the difference between machine dependence and free weights. I like the idea of doing bench presses, but I have no one to gym with me and therefore no spotter. Does the average person have a spotter? I'm pretty fuckin weak right now so I'd be afraid to do it alone. I honestly haven't seen anyone but a couple huge guys bench since I joined, and they did it alone, but had buddies in the room that would be able to run over and help them if they fucked up.
Does Veeky Forums have a spotter? If not, how did you work up to being confident to bench without one?

>mfw the thought of dying under the bar never crossed my mind when i started lifting