Hey guys, TA fag here with another thread for all your TA questions. Will be charting altcoins, shitcoins...

Hey guys, TA fag here with another thread for all your TA questions. Will be charting altcoins, shitcoins, bitcoins and whatever you want. The coins must be on TradingView.

This previous couple of hours for bitcoin was certainly an interesting one. Luckily I had buy orders set at 7500 due to that being a previous support line and psychologically important number!

t. 4 years trading crypto, 8 years trading forex and 3 years in finance industry

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/app/contract/XBTUSD
tradingview.com/symbols/RLCBTC/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty standard stop hunting run and V recovery we see so often in bitcoin when the market overreacts.

Let me know what you guys want me to chart!

requesting TA for OMG. im doing my own TA and im seeing a falling wedge and the next support would be 85300 if it falls

I'm seeing an intersecting meme line with a 50% chance of a bullish bullshit formation on the fibbonaci retracing da vinci code level 52.

BTC please

I'm not sure if I see the falling wedge that you speak of. Perhaps on a lower timeframe? I'm personally bearish on $OMG, due to the bearish 13EMA and 30MA cross a couple of weeks ago that hasn't reversed at all.

We're below the 200MA, that's a pretty good sign. I would personally be buying from 86k sats to 80k sats. Unfortunately there is a lot of sell pressure, so I doubt we'll see a breakout anytime soon! If you're in already I personally wouldn't advise selling, but don't expect it to go up anytime soon.

Any particular time frame? The OP picture is a of BTC

24 hr forcast

Requesting POWR

Please divine the future

i̤͉ͬͮ̊́͘t̡̛̞͉̘͗ͪ͗ͭ̎̕'̴͔̝̞̻͚̎̒̃̈́̆s̠̰͈͋̄̇ͧ̉̀ ̢̹͚ͫ̃̇͟l̙̘̪͉̖ͭ̃ͣ͌͋ͪ̚͠͡ī̝̞̤̘̙̗͕ͭ́̀́́͘ͅk̸̴̭̹̗͒ͧ͂̍ͨͩͦ̿ẽ̘͕͕͈̪̮̔̂ͣ̿ ̧͙͔͖͇̠̞̣̓̐ͯ̎ͭỹ̴͖̝͇͍͍̗̳̠̠̍ͧ̐̾͟o͇̜̺̼̞̿ͧ̎́ͫ̆̍ư̫̼͖̳̫͖̓ͫ̉̀ ̧̘̝͒̒̽̓̆͡͝t̷̶̴̯̗̘̗͔ͦ̇̒ͬ͂ͅḧ̘̼̤͓̣͊ͨͬͬ͊̆ͤ͒ḯͣ̎ͦ̄̉͢ͅn̟̜͈̹̪͐̋̈̈́͂̔͑͘ķ̼̣̰͇̳̬̈́ͬ͟ ̫̤̖̼̬̾̓͐͡ỵ̡̱̘̫̩̜̞̆͑̋ͮ̓͐͟ȏ̸͈̟͈̝̖̼͈͝ŭ̷͎͚̊ ͓̪̣̯̺̣̱̆́͡c̦̑̒ͯͩa̤̦͋̓̐͋̋̕n̹̣͖̻͎̟̫͋̍̏̇́͡͡ ̷̖̮͔̹ͩͨ̒͠ș̘̬̬̼̘̎ͫ̏̀̑̎e̙̱̳̯̙̓ͬ̏ͯ̈̌e̸̳̬͍̼̙̤͕͗͒ ̡̪͍͙̟͖̘̆ͯt̪̭̱̔ͣ̔́͡ĥ̰͉͙̿e͔̹͖̝̮̾́ͦͫ̄̐̓̏̓͞ͅ ̧̟̓̂̒̑ͨ̎͘̕f̣̗͓̪̞̭͈̐̉͒́̉ͩͨ͞ͅͅǔ̱̣̥͔̝̯̮̮̓ͯͤ̆̒ͣͬ͢ṯ͚̝͔͔̾̉̈́ͣ̈̈́u̶͇͎̮̻̺͚ͩ̕r̖̰̗̠̳̎ͤ̀͌͊̍ͨ̎e̸̻̱̟͉̪͉ͭ̿͑͒̐͡!̵̶̦̱̠̘͍̣ͫ̍̉̿̈ͧ̓ͫͅ ̡̠̥̟͈͉̬̠̘̃͂̀

Where to go to start learning TA if you're a simpleton?

If I buy that low, where do I set stops? I'm afraid it will just keep on falling. How much do you bet per trade?

I do TA mostly for fun and for margin trading. No portfolios are invested because of someone's TA. Where I worked PM's invested based on research, using model-based systems, risk assessment.
Some hedge funds have been using HFT, and they certainly don't use TA

This

Murphy's book
Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (New York Institute of Finance)
Is my TA bible.
Chart and Technical Analysis by Fred McAllen is also decent for beginners!
Stops are for personal discression, if it drops below the 80k sats floor i'd personally buy as low as 50k sats. I don't invest much into altcoins, but when I do I fully expect to lose my entire investment so I rarely use stops, helps you not panic!

seconded

Dear Mr. TA senpai,

I'm looking to learn TA myself for daytrading crypto. I would be so glad if you could point me in some direction in terms of material. Any books, websites, youtube channels?

im checking the 4hr time frame and im just pulling lines out of my ass.
but i agree that omg is bearish and the next support i found is 86k

I see you have already answered my query. Much appreciated.

Do the books go from the basics, something like defining what it means to be bearish etc? Are the methods introduced mathematically?

ltc

Could you do one for SLR? :)

you risk 100% of your investment? I thought rule number 1 for trading was conserve your capital.

For btc in the next 24 hours I don't see any reason why it should drop out of the bullish channel. We should see steady price rises with slight retracements to bottoms of the channel until we hit 8500 or so, where we'll see a sharp increase like we saw at the 7500 level. Again, just look at 5500,6500, 7500 and you should get a pretty good idea of what would happen if we break 8500 cleanly.

If not in position, look for longs around support touches, with tight stops. Beware of news, some new tether FUD or bitocin exchange being hacked could send the market into a panic!

The 13EMA and 30MA have been uncrossed for some time now, and are both sloping upwards which is a super bullish indication for me personally.

hi TA Fag, i'm wondering what's the point of TA in crypto, knowing price action is ruled by news and hype? Cheers

How about ETP?

how bout LTC?

How to learn this?

About this XBTUSD contract on Bitmex

So you buy this if you think the price will rise and take profit by selling it and there are rebates on limit orders

If you don't use leverage you can't be liquidated right? You can go down with the ship until your contracts are worth nothing

So what's the catch? We all know BTC will be higher than its current price at some point in the future. Is the only way to fuck up if it drops and never recovers above the current contract price?

And what are funding rates about? Is that only for leveraged positions and it doesn't matter for 1:1 bros?

POWR please

Draw lines and sound smart? Literally say that "Bitcoin will go up, unless bad news" and you've got it

please read my tea leaves with tarot cards next

Bullish on LTC, assuming bitcoin chills out and consolidated for a couple of days (which I anticipate it will after one final gun to 9k)

Potential for bullish cross, higher lows despite increased sell volume, rock bottom prices.
Would buy in blue rectangle

question?
why set the EMA into 200 and 13 also why is there a 30 MA

Sorry forgot picutes

Requesting TA on LINK

What's your net worth OP?

I honestly thought TA is a meme and bullshit but you obviously have mastered it and are making a living from this shit.

PLEASE

thanks

scamcoin, also not on TradingView. Probably will go to zero imo.

Good answer. Thinking it'll go to 0 too.

RCN for the next 24 señor TA Fag

What does the TA look like for ark?

Thoughts on short to mid term?

It's been out for like 3 days. TA would be useless. Sorry!

I want to put about 1k on a low market cap altcoin. What would you suggest to go all in? Was thinking Link but i keep getting discouraged even though i believe in their technology.

Bro why aren't you explaining bitmex contracts to me

I would not recommend going all on a low cap coin. If I had to suggest anything though, I would look at UBQ.

Yeah youre right lol. Well what do you think?

fuck, i spat coffee all over my screen

Because you can do the fucking research yourself?
Kidding.
Bitmex contracts are like most futures, except that they have fees in order to stay close to index prices. You have .0075% for taker fees and -.0025% for makers fees (they pay you).

You can read up on the funding fees while in position on their website. bitmex.com/app/contract/XBTUSD

If you need a referral link here's mine
bitmex.com/register/ir2Xqa

thanks!! i asked for the IOTA chart yesterday, it managed to dip like you had mentioned so i snagged some coins there.

been waiting for a ltc dip for a while but it seems btc affects ltc/eth so directly. i'm relatively new to crypto, but i feel like they've never been as correlated as they are recently. words of wisdom for the inexperienced yet intrigued?

I will look into it, may i ask what sparked your interest in this one particularly? Furthermore i would like a TA on SALT, which is a coin i am also interested to

Since you're actually giving decent answers:

Why do you use the indicators that you do? OBV, whatever the fuck else you have

invest in.

>LINK
>a scamcoin

Ignore all this guys advice, he's a FUD'ing scammer.

Glad I could help my man
I never ask for donations due to not needing it, but if you want to support me give me a follow on twitter @ThinkingUSD

I did SALT yesterday, let me see if I can find it

Okay so for SALT I would personally stay out, don't really see it going up anytime soon. The only positive I can see is it's below the 200EMA. If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to take a position I would buy on touches of the support line with tight stops.

Probably because they fucking work? If you known how to interpret, obviously.

Neo looks like it hit bedrock at 420k, and has nowhere to go but up. Thoughts?

Hey man, just my opinion. I notice LINK bag holders are usually pretty hostile, which isn't a great sign, indicating a lot of people waiting to dump. We've seen many pump and dumps on Veeky Forums and it smells fairly reminiscent of DGB! SAD!

anything 'works' if you know how to interpret it what a shitty answer

>FUDing this hard so you can acquire more LINK

Sad!

I personally use
13EMA
30MA
200EMA
OBV w/ 13EMA
Willy21MA13 (21,13)
Weis Wave Volume
MACD (12,26, close, 9)
Also Fibonacci retracement levels. I typically use indicators not as predictors of the next move, but more as confirmation for what I believe might happen to the chart.

I personally think the most consistent TA indicators are support and resistance lines along with double bottoms (W) patterns
I own no link and never will own link. I get a lot of requests for TA on it. Is it on coingy?

Think about it guys, why would anyone come and give free, good TA on Veeky Forums? It's literally stupid, unless he's gaining something for himself at the same time.

OP is giving legit TA, while spreading FUD about coins he wants to buy more of. It's obvious.

isn't it forming a double bottom? though it might break the 443 support

Whats the name of the indicator at the bottom?

weis wave bar

Do you ever short with leverage?
Where to learn about entering a trade at the best price?
Any book recommendation? not some pompous shit like the intelligent investor.

RLC is at bottom?

LINK is going to be $1 easily, Q1 2018. Even brainlets realize this.

OF COURSE people are going to come and shit on it to drive the price down.

Bestow thine prophecy upon me, ye faggot

im still curious why is 30MA different while 13 and 200 is using EMA.

13EMA
30MA
200EMA

deluded linktards trying to make every thread about link
lmao

That's not true man, don't dismiss things like that because I saw POWR breakout of an ascending triangle and I saw it go through a textbook inverted Cup and Handle just the past couple days.

The crypto market would be a lot better and behave a lot more rationally if people understood basic TA. I help people because I want to give back to the community that got me into bitcoin in late 2013. Full disclosure of my portfolio is all bitcoin right now. I haven't touched alts since NEO was ANS. I literally have nothing to gain other than shill my twitter occasionally. If you don't enjoy my TA you can just not participate in the thread :^)

Speaking of NEO

NEO chart coming right up, i'm going to get lunch so check back in about 20 minutes.
I kind of see the C&H, but that would just be confirmation bias since it's a small time frame. I chart longer time frames as crypto is prone to violent volatility.
Never, EVER short with leverage. Bitcoin is far too bullish to ever justify shorting with leverage. My biggest realized loss of 16k USD was because of an overleveraged short that I ended up bagholding for far too long on the run to 5k from 4300 a couple of weeks ago.

Best times to enter trades are on support line, fibonacci retracement levels, and key psychological support ex. 5000, 7500, 8000 ect.

As for books see this post

Nice dub dubs, if I make about $200 surplus each month how much should my starting investment in crypto be. After all the research and learning

Do you have any trading experience? If not I would build up savings and wait for a nice red dildo on bitcoin. Anytime bitcoin is down 5% or more should be a good entry.

NEO chart coming right up after I get lunch

It's on coinigy. And you can't judge a coin based on it's bagholders, everything is pointing to it being a legit project.

got anything on XLM?
i've been tracking and trading it for a couple weeks but recently we've been going completely sideways relative to btc. I see a big bull flag on the usd price and especially on the marketcap, but btc price is just to noisy and scattered for me to make much of it. I see the higher lows, and a general triangle pattern, but we're just hanging out in the middle without touching any highs or lows,
and yes, i know my charts are messy

So what's your analysis on tradingview.com/symbols/RLCBTC/ ?
Is it at the bottom?

Do you often get fucked by crypto not giving a fuck about TA? Or is TA solid for trading it?

Could you do btc/eth?

Okay back from lunch, sorry about that had a few errands to run.
Will do this after NEO graph
Will do this after XLM
Will do this after RLC

I generally don't get fucked by crypto not caring about TA, generally it conformers pretty well to TA. Unfortunately, the news seems to be the driving factor in 2017, which parallels most stocks. However, the volatility is unmatched in any other market due to low market caps.

The absolute bottom for altcoins is always zero. See BTS or Posw ect.

I would say a better phrase to use would be has hit found support yet

Pls chart POWR based OP

I'm interested in TA but I don't really believe in it. Do you only use charting or also models/algos to back that up? Do you really only use meme lines, volume indicators and lagging indicators like MAs? No volatility indicators or other price indicators? Do you use different timeframes to back your calls? Also, what's your ratio of profitable trades in volume and in value? Thanks TA fag

This TA is mostly on the fly for shorter-term moves. When I worked at [redacted] we used model based trading, not TA.

I do use pivot points and TD9 occasionally, but I find that it's more relevant for bitcoin rather than altcoins.

My ROE on bitmex is above 300% of initial investment.

NEO chart, analysis on chart, short-term to mid-term bearish.

Op you already got 3 requests for powr, are you charting it?

Also, whats ur twitter?

yeah i'll chart Powr next
my twitter is @ThinkingUSD

thoughts on REQ and can you do a TA chart for REQ as well?

Thanks, just added you, looking forward to powr and your charts, i try to follow guys that i seen to predict well on tradingview and based on 3-4 diff charts i try to average to try and predict what will happen

What is your thought particularly on the indicator Tone Vays uses?

Alright thanks for the answer TA fag will check out the indicators mentioned. Attached is my "buy the dips and long with no proper backtesting" strategy for 1 day btc only (ayy lmao). Maybe someday I'll learn how to code and actually git gud for algos and models.

POWR chart

EZ MOON RIDE

pls do one on the new coin
HST

Last thing, do you check different timeframes (like the 4h and 15min) to corroborate a move you're considering (on the 1h in this exemple)?

absolute! Good to check for similar trend indication on 15m, 1h,4h and daily for all trades. Sometimes you'll get mixed answers, which should tell you to maybe decrease your exposure to the trade, and sometimes they all scream "DOOM" or "MOON" and you should double your position.

Could you point out some resources (books are fine) that elaborate on model-based decisions and risk management?

I have a math degree, so stats etc. are not a problem. Thanks!