Operation Dragon Slayer happenings just two days away, but tell me /biz...

Operation Dragon Slayer happenings just two days away, but tell me /biz, couldn't Blockstream just implement a new DAA and save BTC from chaindeath?

Other urls found in this thread:

data.bitcoinity.org/bitcoin/difficulty/5y?t=l
fork.lol/pow/retarget
pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr
bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/diffic
investopedia.com/terms/f/froth.asp
bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin cash/address/19hZx234vNtLazfx5J2bxHsiWEmeYE8a7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mean, is there some technical thingy that prevents such update during chaindeath?

Can someone update me on this dragon Slayer thing I keep hearing?

If bitgoy core adds DAA they admit defeat

im stocked up xD

operation floppening 3.0

Seriously. Core created an enormous shitfest about how they couldn't hard fork a larger blocksize because hardforks are somehow awful unless you have 100% perfect consensus. They then blasted Bitcoin Cash for having a DAA.

They've pissed off so many miners with false promises odds are a DAA hardfork wouldn't have close to universal support and would flounder for months before probably not being implemented.

I honestly would be far less surprised if Core miraculously decides they DO need a 2MB/4MB blocksize increase once Cash starts gaining ground.

Blockstream wants bitcoin to fail.

did bcash admit defeat when they implemented eda? or did they admit defeat when they implemented modified daa?

For the past week it has been more profitable to mine BCH than BTC. Yet, like 90% of miners, many of whom hate Blockstream and want BCH to win, have been mining BTC. IMO they're doing this to make sure that BTC difficulty adjusts upwards. The moment that happens (2 days from now), they will all start mining BCH instead. Then it will take months or years for the few percent of miners that stay with BTC to mine the next 2016 blocks, meaning that Bitcoin basically can't be transfered any longer. People who have their BTC in exchanges will dump it for BCH, meaning that even the few percent of miners that stay with BTC will bleed like hell.. the flippening

Are they going to pump BTG as a "store of value" aswel? Or just bch?

it would require a hardfork which would be guaranteed death

Holy fuck.. are you fucking serious... If this shit is real, this is bringing down the ENTIRE market..

Just BCH. Miners don't give a fuck about BTG.

this is like the 3rd wave of flippening

Yes.

Shady shit. All in eth

Psst...

BitcoinRed

I don't know if it will happen or not, but definitely recommend having more BCH than BTC (quantity) so you don't have to FOMO in if it happens..

And nothing never happens except that one weekend.
Fuck off wit your pajeet erc20 token.

the new bcash daa always aims for profitability parity with btc. if miners switch from btc to bch, bch difficulty shoots up and becomes as profitable or lower to mine, hence theres little point to keep switching every 5 minutes, just like not all miners instantly switched to bch before daa.

this is Veeky Forums, if you're dumb enough to believe everything you read, go KYS.

And btw bch was engineered by a small group of people to pump and dump BCH on a massive scale.

This.

It's already over. BTC hodlers just haven't woken up yet to the hard truth that they are check mated in 3 moves and it's an immutable truth.

Are you a retard?

Yeah, once the flippening occurs you'd expect BCH to take off where Bitcoin left off. If you can do that so you're 2:1 BCH:BTC or 5:1 you're going to do just rad.

>Operation Dragon Slayer

This is the anti-crypto world governments' wet dream.

BCH difficulty would automatically adjust though.

This doesn't make any sense. If BCH difficulty goes way up some miners will go back to BTC.

>it will take months or years for the few percent of miners that stay with BTC to mine the next 2016 blocks
New miners - pools that currently sit on the sidelines because they are uncompetitive - just come in and fill the gap in the market.

There will always be an attraction to mining bitcoin over BCH, because many miners don't want to pay bitmain royalties for running asicboost, and cannot remain profitable in BCH without it.

On the contrary it would prove once and for all there's nothing they can do about cryptocurrencies. Hijack the media channels around them, assume political control of all the channels of power involved with them, censor all dissent and stifle any objections to your agenda, and what happens? The miners follow their rational self interest and fork away all the same.

https:// www.captiongenerator.com/723942/Adam-Back-reacts-to-the-Bitcoin-Cash-flippening#.WgmS_Lqw3yU.facebook

>Fuck off wit your pajeet erc20 token.

Bitcoin Red is positively erect, sir

Nah, BTC will crash. You'll be lucky to sell 1 BTC for 1k sats.

>if you're dumb enough to believe everything you read
>posts an infinitely more insane proposition

But you could just for BTC under consensus and reduce the difficulty / change the adjustment protocol

That's consistent with these very large transfers being seen from cold storage wallets. Transfers basically need to happen before the mining cut to be able to trade effectively.

There is no rational self interest inpaying a royalty to bitmain or operating at a loss, though.

The main worry I have for BCH is that there appears to be no organic growth with its community. You ONLY hear from / about BCH when its backers are saying bitcoin is about to crash and burn. You don't get that from any other alt to such an extent. The definition of a con is a "confidence trick", and so much of the BCH branding and marketing appears to read like: "We will be what is left once bitcoin dies". Hardly a convincing vector of attack.

If BCH difficulty goes way up some miners will go back to BTC.

Depends on what the price of BTC is. If the price has already collapsed and you have very low hashrate, you could be months to years away from a difficulty increase.

How long will the market really tolerate a nonfunctional market?

*yawn* please tell me when operation dragon slayer actually happened. In the meantime I'm going to hold on to my btc.

> There is no rational self interest inpaying a royalty to bitmain or operating at a loss, though.

I run miners and have never paid, nor asked, nor even been advised it is possible to pay a royalty to bitmain to activate asicboost. It is further not actually proven at all that asicboost has ever been used in production blockchains ever, period.

And operating at a loss is exactly what they don't want to be doing, which is why they're not willing to toe the blockstream core strategy line when it is so clearly against the interests of anyone other than blockstream.

The simple fact is there is massive overwhelming dissent for the blockstream plan amongst anyone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about and doesn't think wearing stupid hats is what operating in the space effectively is all about.

> "We will be what is left once bitcoin dies".

That's just a fact, and anything they can do organically separate from it will necessarily be dwarfed by that fact purely because of the magnitude of everything that it implies.

Beside that enormous centrepiece however, it's simply flatly untrue that there is no organic growth within the community. Bitcoin.com has re-focused all resources away from the legacy chain and onto Bitcoin Cash, radio advertisements have gone out about the situation, Ryan X Charles from yours has moved the platform over to BCH, and plenty of similar projects are also talking about doing the same now that they're no longer hamstrung by Blockstream's idiocy.

It's a bright future. Blockstream just isn't going to be in it.

>You'll be lucky to sell 1 BTC for 1k sats.
Never thought about this lol. How devastating that would be to core guys, selling btc for a price in sats.

This. BTC without miners is FUCKED.

The funniest part is that they can do it over and over and over again

Good luck with that :^)

Fact: if you run asicboost and do not pay a royalty, you have already rested your balls on the chopping block and handed bitmain a meat cleaver. They can take you to court and clean you out of your earnings gained while running asicboost any time it becomes strategically prudent to do so.

>flatly untrue that there is no organic growth within the community.
Organic growth would mean fiat entering BCH. BCHUSD is barely 7% of BCH trades. All fiat trade in BCH is in South Korean Won, "entering" the market via bithumb. Hardly instills confidence in a healthy ecosystem filling up with fresh money,as opposed to the same small pool of cash being endlessly recycled through the same circuits.

you don't need much to put the price up if no one is selling.

also people are transferring other crypto into bch

a btc daa would require a hard fork which would be impossible in a chain death spiral situation

no it doesn't it aims to maintain 10 minute blocks

2 days from now? so thorsday moring US Time?

yes, and barring any cataclysmic event, it the same thing as aiming for profitability parity

Bitcoin in comparison has a more diverse spread of investments - divided more equally across three currencies.

Also note that, while Bitcoin accounts for around about 45% of all BCH trades, BCH accounts for around 4% of Bitcoin trades. It is, in fact, about as dominant as bitcoin gold in that respect.
>people are transferring other crypto into bch
You're right, and that is exactly my point. "Fresh money" = fiat entering the crypto space. Bitcoin attracts fresh money. Other alts attract fresh money to lesser degrees. BCH *may* be attracting fresh money. But, because the only sign we have of it is KRW, entering through a single exchange, we have to be rather sceptical of how virgin this money actually is.

Secondly, don't forget the airdrop. Many (most?) people holding BCH today didn't invest in them - they got them for free. If they are flipping them back and forth in the crypto market, they are not introducing new money to that market. Unless they can convince newcomers to buy those tokens for fiat currency (and let's face it, we mean USD here, not Won), then BCH has no real price discovery other than being a reflection of the value of Bitcoin.

No fresh money went into the current pricing of BCH. Never forget that, it is crucial. Always remember that BCH went up to $2000 with very little in the way of USD actually ever entering the marketplace. That cannot be said of bitcoin- it grew organically, and new money backed it. Without fresh money, BCH is like a parasite coin, feeding off the gains of the other currencies.

Ok you faggots I've read the whole thread with all the conspiracy theories and then I went to look up when the difficulty adjustment happens.

data.bitcoinity.org/bitcoin/difficulty/5y?t=l

On this page it says the estimated adjustment will be -1%, shouldn't that be like +10% or more for that operation to happen?

Ok, but there's no way blockstream is just gonna sit there and let BCH ruin the markets

fork.lol/pow/retarget

Bitpay is going to accept BCH very soon. That will change things dramatically.

Dragon slayer is knighthoods true calling.

there's literally nothing they can do and they deserve this for trying to turn bitcoin into a settlement layer for their off chain technology

Calm de fuck down everyone, japan is coming to save the day, bybye chinks monopole, have fun mining your counterfeit shitcoin Satoshi's VisionĀ©

price is dependent on scarcity. if no one is selling bch it does not take much money to make the price skyrocket.

The lack of fiat on ramps into bch does not provide evidence that the price is pumped

Japanese mining farm comes online soon, this is just the death throes of the chinks.

pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr

this was predicted, and so far is checking every fact on this document.

this will be the so crypto bubble pop
no matter if you are btc or bch, coke or pepsi, apple or android. we are here to make money.

Scarcity is one attribute of value. It boosts values when there is demand, but scarcity by itself means nothing. There are fewer than 1 bags of my farts for every millionaire on planet earth. Doesn't mean they are worth $1mn though.

The absense of fiat is a concrete sign there is little appeal or interest in the market, beyond the speculative trades of airdrop recipients.

is BCH gonna pump again this coming weekend? When is the ideal time to buy in during the week?

yeah but you were trying to say you couldn't explain the price increase without fiat which isn't true.

additionally i think btc is speculative as it can never reach adoption with a 1mb block. It's only selling point now is digital gold which is stupid because store of value is not helped by high fees and slow confirmations. BCH does everything btc does and does it better all the while being able to scale into real world adoption

why would they mine btc at a loss though?

bch may become 10x more profitable next week

Holy fuck bcash bagholders are in full damage control today ,just face it you backed the wrong horse btc will hit 10k soon

or it may be fucking nothing just like the bch fork.

evidence says otherwise man

likely scenario: bch pumps to around 2.5 to 3k, btc drops by similar amount, when the bch pump stops or even stalls for a bit, everyone panics and just dumps it for btc dip.

If it starts, it's 48h from now. I don't think BCH is going to dip before that but who knows..

It may or may not dip before then (I doubt it would change much), but if no pump happens on the weekend I would expect the price to dump pretty hard.

I have 2.5 BTC and 5.7 BCH. I'm not shilling. I'm just letting /biz know what might happen and how some facts support it. At least I don't have to FOMO into BCH if it happens. Meanwhile, I doubt very much that BCH will lose significantly against BTC at least in short term. Better safe than sorry..

Why would the price dump hard? I don't think most people have a clue of the happenings..

i say pumps to 8k then back to 3k on the condition btc survives.
if btc dies then I have no idea what would happen it's unprecedented

If they actually succeed in causing a flippening from BTC to BCH, then the entire crypto market is fucked into another years long bear winter anyways, and everybody on all sides loses everything (in terms of USD value) so don't worry about it.

>yeah but you were trying to say you couldn't explain the price increase without fiat which isn't true.

No, I was saying that the current valuation cannot demonstrate that it is not frothy, because trading activity is based mainly on free gift coins being traded for other free gift coins. With little fiat entering the marketplace, the fiat valuations of the token are rather fictional.

The second point - that bitcoin cannot reach adoption - seems odd, when referring to the coin with the single widest user base and rate of adoption. If you can say it about bitcoin, then what of any other alt? It's a nonsense point.

Being "digital gold" is not a selling point? Strange opinion.

"Digital gold is not helped by high fees and slow confirms"? I would say if you were creating a coin to be an inert store of value, those things would be only a minor concern. However, your assumption that bitcoin is a frozen-in-time technology that never evolves is not based on reality - even if you are very new to the cryptospace you will have seen changes in the last 3 months.

BCH does not do "everything better". It has already failed once at defending itself from a 51% attack, and it does not promote a trustless market as well as bitcoin does. These were fundamental ethical arguments in the early years of bitcoin, which many newcomers are no longer aware of. 51% attacks and trustlessness are far far greater dangers to crypto credibility than even hash power and difficulty adjustments.

/thread
bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/diffic

Well not dump hard, but I would think there would be plenty of people holding it with the expectation of being able to flip it back into more BTC during the weekend.

nothing will happen because everyone expecting it

Consider this:

It is already priced in. After the failed flippening BTC will not go to the moon but engage warp drive.

Why won't anyone respond to the fact that the difficulty is expected to drop 25%, and the last 3-400 blocks won't make a difference???

yeah but imagine how low it would've been if they hadn't been mining at a loss. The goal was to maximise btcs difficulty not ensure a positive change

>frothy
don't know what you mean by that

>cannot reach adoption
bitcoin adoption in business and economic activity has dropped since last year. its 1mb constriction created the alt market. Vitalik wanted to build ethereum on top of btc.

>Being "digital gold" is not a selling point? Strange opinion.
I'm saying being digital gold depends on btc being a good store of value. Store of value for bitcoin depends on people being confident they can transact btc for other things in the future. BTCs store of value properties are less than bch. Imagine when entire counries are transacting in bch the price won't be tied to speculation on exponential growth trends as btc is now
In any case crypto currency will be an inferior store off value compared to physical gold until the internet is indestructable, decentralised and ubiquitous.

>51% attack
there's no evidence of bitmain actually doing anything and what would their motivation be?

What does this mean? Lower difficulty = people switch back to mining BTC = ?

>don't know what you mean by that
investopedia.com/terms/f/froth.asp

>bitcoin adoption in business and economic activity has dropped
Factually untrue. Every conference centre this year has been rabid with professionals trying to find an 'in' into blockchain and crypto. The only token they talk about is bitcoin. No other brand has any sort of penetration here. 2018 is likely to be big.
>I'm saying
You're not sure what you are saying. It is valuable to have a value store separate from transactional currency in many respects. You claim BCH is a better store of value than BTC but have nothing to support that claim. Anything you did have would be far too speculative considering the short lifespan of BCH at present.
>there's no evidence
You miss the underlying ethical concern of the 51% risk. Crypto has a USP of trustlessness. Without that, it can be gamed as well as fiat. And if you don't understand how a double-spend can advantage a powerful market player, then you don't truly understand crypto.

Your link has false data and anyway the main point is not difficulty adjusting up or down a little, but here being 2016 blocks to mine before the next adjustment..

They're not mining at loss. They're just not mining at maximum profit..

false data? What false data?

so what? won't change the fact that bch will be eternally btfo and btc will continue it's moon mission. normies don't even know about this shit bro.

That's just an estimate.

Different sites are estimating different difficulty adjustments. fork.lol is estimating basically no change in difficulty.

I will stress one more time that I'm not telling anyone to go all in BCH. I'm just recommending that you have enough BCH just in case so that you don't need to FOMO in later. I don't see big downsides to this approach, it's not like BCH will crash even if nothing happens.

They can print more Tethers and pump BTC (this happened last time), but it would make things even worse for them. What a smart move it was to alienate the miners..

Honestly if Bitfinex continues minting USDT, after all this controversy, still without an audit...
People will eventually turn on them.

walls.png

which exchanges stay 100% functional during so called "BCH flippenings"?

Binance. You can also ETH/BCC profits so no need for BTC/BCC & BTC/Something

Just note, at binance the ticker is BCC instead of BCH

Bitcoin cash is 1k.
Bitcoin is 8k.
The flippening can happen. There's only a 7k difference.

if you think bcash gaining 700% is likely (while simultaneously taking down a giant), 56k bitcoin is a lot more likely.

Trump was likely.

Imagine how much money this guy stands to make

bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin cash/address/19hZx234vNtLazfx5J2bxHsiWEmeYE8a7k

Ahhh already nice gains for whoever got the message

>It's flippening

I was just about to get into crypto (waiting for ID confirmation on QuadrigaCx atm).
Where should I invest to be sure to not get affected by this ?
I was planning to buy BTC and ETH and use BTC to buy altcoins. Should I just go full ETH and buy my altcoins with this, and wait for the storm to be over before going into BTC ?

>people will fall for this chink PnD again