Low bar vs High bar squat

What is better for leg hypertrophy, whats better for strength? Is there any huge difference between these two or is it just personal preference?

I feel like i'm doing more work when I squat high bar but i'm not sure

Front squats

Why are you overthinking this? High bar - more quads. Low bar - more posterior chain. Use your goals and / or abilities (some people can not low bar) to decide what is best for you.

if i want bigger quads and glutes would low bar be more beneficial then?

bump

nigga just fucking squat with whatever feels the most natural. The difference is negligible unless you are a serious athlete.

I literally can't even squat like the pic on the left. I think it has to do with my femur length. I have only ever squatted like the pic on the right.

If you want to be a powerlifter squat lowbar, if not it dont matter

As a rule of thumb:
If you want to compete in powerlifting, do low bar.
If you want to compete in weightlifting, do high bar.

Otherwise, do whatever you like.

A fact that mostly gets overlooked in this discussion, is that bar position is only one variable that determines how the squat is performed. There are other variables as well, and two high bar squats can look very different for example.

It's your ankle mobility.

>What is better for leg hypertrophy
overall, rep range has more of an effect on hypertrophy
high bar is, as others have said, more quad-dominant, low bar is more back/glutes but you'll still grow both doing either

High bar is better for your back, it’s also better for crossing over to oly lifting

front is superior tho

>If you want to compete in powerlifting, do low bar.
powerlifters train with high bar and move to low bar only one mesocycle before meeting. the only difference between the two is that with low bar you can move your weight (and you can stress the lumbar region more)

I've got great ankle mobility and I can't squat like pic on left either. Sitting back is harder for guys with long femurs.

Had to incorporate front squats to compensate for only doing low bar.

Weightlifting is front squat is it not?

Doesn't matter, no significant difference in muscle activation between any of the traditional rack positions. Do whatever is most comfortable to you.

You're literally 100% wrong. That is an individual choice some choose to do, but most squat lowbar year round.

They squat highbar for a higher load because the uprightedness is most similar to the catch position for cleans and snatch.

>You're literally 100% wrong.
What an idiotic statement to start a post with.
>most squat lowbar year round
Absolutely not, unless they're retards or uninformed gullible idiots.

How do you front squat with a power bar that has a pit bull tier aggressive knurling

Untrue, squats almost entirely entail quad activation no matter bar position

Low bar is better all around, unless you are an Olympic lifter using the higher bar position because of its closer resemblance to your unique primary movements

If you want pure quad hypertrophy in a squat, add front squats to your program.

>I have never actually competed: the post

>posterior chain
This is vital. The low bar puts a larger stress on the posterior chain, while high bar puts a larger stress on the quadriceps.

If you're a cheeky fucker like me, and don't do deadlifts, then you could defend doing, or at least supplementing with, the low bar squat. If you're a proper feller, on the other hand, it makes more sense to go for a high bar squat, as the posterior chain is also heavily stressed during a deadlift, so that way, you've got yourself covered.

Most powerlifters do actually squat lowbar year round, they do high bar and sometimes front squats as an accessory.

I prefer low bar because the bar is more secure.