/fat/ - Top Hat Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

healthyeating.sfgate.com/chicken-lose-protein-boiled-12097.html
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/883
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/884
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Donating one pint of blood to burns 650 calories

Me fat

I love fat chicks.

Should obese people be sistematically executed Veeky Forums ?

What are you guys bulking on today?

>waist is 39' back in nov-dec
>buy a pair of 38' pants knowing i have important things to do around this time of the year
>they already fit loose back then
>buy a pair of 36' pants to get a snuggier fit
>can fit my whole fist between the waist line and then some
HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO MEASURE PANTS REEEEEEE.
my waist is like exactly 37' right now.

Im fat. 6'0, 298lb. Id say over 80% of my fat is just in my belly. My arms and legs resemble the average dude, from then alone youd never guess my obesity.
Anyone else's belly get in their way when lifting? So far it hasnt been a problem except with squats. Being fat and trying to squat is hard enough on the knees but the belly acts like a fucking counterweight wanting to make me fall forward. Id like to put the squats on back burner.

Should I do hip thrusts or bridges

Tomorrow first day going to the gym. 6'1" 200lbs, what would be a good target loss per week if I have a 500-1000kcal deficit?

might want to get your 37ft waist checked out

About 4lbs off being just overweight.

I'm signing up for gym today, senpai. Wish me luck

>sistematically

Try them on in the store, a lot of brands differ in sizes. Also pants shrink a bit in the dryer so maybe do that.

How can we make fat people realize that it's so much easier to lose weight than it is to gain weight?

breaking an addiction is harder than forcing yourself to eat more

I lost 20 pounds in 5 weeks, am I losing weight too fast or am I fine?

If you're not poor Id say its way easier to gain weight for the average person. Getting fat doesnt require any willpower

how fat are u

35 bmi, 210lbs

It's impossible. Growing self discipline isn't easy and that's unfortunately necessary to "easy" weight loss. Excuses for bad habits are easier. Sticking to habits you've already formed is even easier.

Cereal (3 servings) + milk
Subway footlong + raspberry cheesecake cookie
Tiny snickers

It all adds up to about maintenance, but I'm still not pleased. Transitioning from keto back to a more normal diet plus a hangover at the same time wreaks havoc.

>210lbs
>35bmi
How tall are you?

2 pounds deer jerkey and an unmeasured amount of raw cashews.
I'm glad I lost the taste for sweets, but I'm probably back on my way to 400lbs with these foods I discovered through keto. I can't get enough, I need to get back on MFP so I don't fuck all my progress away.

HOW THE FUCK am I supposed to deal with my binge cravings when my fatass fucking piece of shit Italian family keeps making delicious stuff for every single meal?

I resisted it for a month but it's starting to get to me. Today for example, they had fucking lasagna for lunch and fucking pepperoni+chesse burgers for diner with a shitton of ice cream on our freezer. I don't know what to do, I feel like it all might crumble real soon

eat it in super small portions you brainlet. Or if your morbidly obese fast until youve lost 100lb

5'6 manlet

>In 2018, you aren't allowed to tell your height without preemptively admitting that you're a manlet to decrease the chance that others will make fun of you

I've lost 8 lbs in a week. Granted, 5-6 of that was water weight. But still rather pleased.

Hasn't been easy with a gains goblin gf in the house.

Can you loose weight with yoga or is better as a supplement for other excercises?

hey /fat/, how do you determine/calculate ideal macro ratios for fat loss?

Just eat less calories. If you want to help maintain muscle, then try and eat around 1g protein per kg of lean mass in your body. Other than that, as long as you eat at a deficit each day you lose weight. Bigger deficit means faster weight loss.

I do that already, down 30lbs since Jan 1st aww yiss. But I'm wondering about whether or not eating certain macro ratios will speed up/slow down weight loss or aid with keeping muscle mass while losing weight.

Some people subscribe to the keto diet, which is keeping your carbs under 30g

you lose weight by eating less

Time and time again when I start eating carbs my weight loss slows down, avoid it

hey, new to Veeky Forums and I have some questions.

I'm a 19 year old guy, 351 pounds currently (was 400 over a year ago, but didnt really start cracking down on weight loss until the past 2 months) and I was wondering if my diet plan is safe
For the past few days I've just been eating 1 or 2 grilled chicken salads a day (no dressing or anything else, just lettuce and grilled chicken). I've heard so many people saying that eating only a few hundred calories a day is actually counter productive, but my results show otherwise.
I also realize that I'm probably not getting all of my vitamins from that, so other than B12 which I already take, should I be taking any vitamins?
As for exercise, I'm pretty sedentary other than walking a lot on my college campus, but I'm thinking about starting to get on my elliptical

tl;dr 351lbs and eating like 300 calories a day. harmful or no? what should I do instead if it is harmful?

How deep can you guys go on squats? I can't seem to get as deep as I'm supposed to.

You're doing a crash diet eating chicken salads only. You can eat whatever you want as long as it fits your caloric goal and macros. Change buns to lettuce and you can eat burgers for every meal and be under 1,200 calories

Do the frog squat stretch, really helps get your hips flexible

Donating tomorrow bb. O+ masterrace

Take a multivitamin with magnesium every day and you'll be fine. Also make sure your 300 calories is high in protein. Mix some protein powder with water drink it like a man. You have enough disgusting blubber to keep you alive on that calorie deficit for a long time.

1 pound a fat = 3,500 calories

I thought O- was the master race

>O+
>masterrace

O- universal donor master race reporting. Red cross begs me to donate my blood.

Untermensch

Tried it with bodyweight and it worked but I feel like a retard doing it. Should I do something similar when squatting with weights?

I've been stalled on 72kg for a week, I started a keto diet a week ago as well as swimming for 20 minutes Mon-Fri + light weight training for 30 minutes at home each day. I have eaten well under my calorie limit as well (Have been extra careful this week) and I've not passed 1k cals.

Is it possible this is muscle weight? Does muscle grow that fast? Is there any other explanation?

I've not been sure about this keto diet and so I just want to know if the lack of progress is a result of eating high protein and fatty stuff in line with keto.

>"starvation mode meme"

Yeah, do you really think if you're carrying over 200 pounds of excess adipose fat your body will really turn those 500 calories a day into fat as well?

There's literally no small amount you could eat that you wont continue to lose weight until you hit a healthy bmi. gl.

Have fun dying when you're bleeding out and can only receive other O- blood.

fuaaark
who else /hemorrhoids/

whats a low-fat alternative to peanut butter? im not attached to peanut butter because of the taste, but because its easy to make a sandwich and lasts for a long time, unlike deli meat
i guess it doesnt even have to be similar to butter, just something thats easy to throw together for lunch and wont go bad in a day

Amateur boxer here. Just wanted to say don't give up guys one day you will make it. You will one day be more athletic than 90% of the world and be the hottest member of your family. Have a qt Korean girl.

I've lost over 50kg on keto on the multiple times i've done it. It works best like this.

First 3 days: Lower carbs, don't go from a 800 carb a day diet to 10 overnight, you will get sick. Just half and half until you can slide into your below 50g safetey net zone, by the end of the first week you should be aiming for below 20.

Week 2 is when your body will be in ketosis if you're doing it properly. You need to be eating 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. Use Myfitnesspal to calculate your individual macros or TDEE needs. In the first week it seems like such a godsend diet because your body will immediately release 2-4kg of stored waterweight, and the incredibly oveeweight here will shame you with their 5kg weight loss a week progress because it's 500% easier for someone 200 pounds overweight to drop that fat more quickly.

Daily weighins: such a meme, completely depends on your previous day, if you're inbetween bowel movements, if you overconsumed. There are days where it will even go up, just weigh yourself every 2-3 days if you are that obsessed with it, and as long as the general trend is downwards, your G.

>does muscle grow that fast?
If your goal is to lose 1kg a week of mass and you're only doing 30 minutes of 'light weight' training, do you honestly think you've gained 1kg of muscle mass in a week? It takes more like 6-8 weeks especially at your pace.

Here are some quick tips: Increase water, decrease sodium, check literally everything, its possible youre eating some sauce or vinegrette or some vegetable that is too high in carbs.

get some fucking metamucil asap my dude

Went from 245lbs in November to 215 as of yesterday. Can finally walk around my house without a shirt and not feel self conscious. Wife has been out of town the past month, and I know she’s going to love the changes I’ve made when she gets back.
I’ve been doing a 6 day ppl, but I’m looking to find something more strenuous.

Good job, brah. I find the financial incentive makes me go more. Like, if I'm paying for it I'm gonna use the shit out of it. Same reason I don't go to buffetts anymore.

I’d say about 3 lbs a week on average.

Interesting. Might try to change it up a bit then
Will do, thanks for the advice
Yeah that was pretty much my thought process, but I've heard the starvation mode meme so much that I just wanted to make sure.

Mob shaming. We need to be as vocal as the leftist feminists are when it comes to being fat. Gather any reliable source you can on the benefits of diet and exercise, and any source you can find to refute the claims they’ll try to make. Plan in advance. Shove that shit down their throat. You need to fight fire with fire.

Just eat a bit at a time. Get involved and make salads and veg. Say you're "helping out". Then stuff yourself with those, minus the butter and dressing you fat cow.

Give me your kale chip recipes Veeky Forums, any tips or suggestions?

That just stretching and wont burn any significant cals. Calculate tdee and do some active work. There's no easy way out of this.

On the other hand, I'm an ugly uber-manlet. So the more fat pieces of shit around, the better I look by comparison. Let them eat cake... and everything else too.

sriracha kale chips are aite. you can google recipes.

I am a fat fuck 350lbs looking to do cardio

I enjoy the elliptical & treadmill, but the bike fucks my shit up

I tweek something in my right leg, like im hyperextending or something, until it gets really bad and i gotta stop

This happens no matter how close or far i adjust chair

How fix?

most brands use vanity sizing, try on different pairs and styles at a department store. I think levi 511s fit chunky guys pretty well.

I'm a big boi working on getting fit too. Be very careful that you don't fuck up your joints. Stick to low-impact cardio until you're closer to a healthy bmi.

I'd say stick to your elliptical for now. Unless you have access to a swimming pool. Swimming is super good exercise for fatties too.

I can't stress taking care of your joints enough. Seriously. It's stupid easy to fuck up your joints as a fatty.

Godspeed user.

boiling chicken and especially veggies makes it lose a lot of the nutrients. better to roast it

How would boiling chicken make it lose nutrients?

healthyeating.sfgate.com/chicken-lose-protein-boiled-12097.html

tldr many nutrients and vitamins are water soluble, so boiling leeches them out into the water. it's not a big deal if you drink the broth, but most people don't drink a gallon of chicken broth with their chicken dinner

>what is homeostasis

change in any direction is hard

>tfw I make chicken and veggie soup every day and weightloss is going great

love slurping down all that soup too, very filling

Did you read the article you linked?
>the uncooked meat from a 1-pound chicken contains 51.3 grams of protein. That same chicken, after being stewed or simmered, contains 49.4 grams of protein for a net loss of 1.9 grams.
>That same 1-pound chicken, when roasted, nets out at 48.6 grams of protein for a loss of 2.7 grams.
It makes it clear that there's some nutrient loss during any form of cooking:
> A boiled or stewed chicken does indeed lose more of its B vitamins than a roasted bird, and the same holds true for minerals such as selenium, phosphorus and potassium. Boiled birds retain more of their iron, folate and vitamin E than roasted chickens.
It even says specifically
>The amount involved is minimal, so this shouldn't be a deterrent.

that weight loss is okay for now as it will naturally taper off

How are you supposed to increase your lifts while still cutting? I'm 21% body fat and my lifts have stalled. I don't wanna eat more cause I'm already fat but I don't want to waste time or lose what muscle I have

You dont, once your noob gains run out you just try to keep the muscle mass on as you cut. Then you bulk

114kg
178cm
fatfuck here, can i just water fast for a week or two? or is it just a meme?

Someone in a QTDDTOT told me to eat at maintenance and add cardio to do body recomp. Do you think that's the best way to go about this?

Brehs... help me

It's bright red so I wouldn't worry too much. If you start seeing dark red blood then its time to panic and go straight to the ER. I'd still go to the doctor and get checked out though.

>cheat once a month
>want to die the next day every time
Why do I continue to do it?

I don't know how to stop the bleeding sorry, what I did was put some toilet paper and wait for it to stop. Don't eat any spicy food for a while and get yourself some hydrocortisone cream user

m8 do you eat any fiber at all? This is what happens when you go protein heavy without any vegetables/grains/fiber supplements.

You are mixing and matching. They said macros are about the same but boiling makes it lose more of certain micronutrients.

I'm not sure which foods they were looking at, since USDA doesn't have boiled, just stewed. But since most people will stew chicken rather than destroying it by boiling:
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/883
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/884

Roasted chicken actually has either more or an equal amount of every significant micro nutrient, including the ones the listed.

So it's even worse than I thought.

>75lbs lost in 11 months
>need to lose another 30lbs to get to normal bmi
>at this rate, will hit that by summer
Planning to lean out more before I do a small clean bulk, but feels good man

I've lost 10kg (around 22 lbs) in 2 months by cutting and going to the gym 5 days a week. Am I losing weight at a normal rate?

If you just started that is about normal. It will level off as you continue to lose water weight (esp if you are cutting down on sodium/carbs).

Make sure your calories are in line and you'll be good

Under the assumption that you've just started cutting, that's relatively normal. If you're still dropping 5kg/month then I'd look at slowing down and increasing your calorie intake.

i liek losing weight

me too

my mom says im getting too skinny but im still 45lbs from where I want to be. i told her she's never seen me at a healthy weight and she cried a little

Do we call them "gains goblins" in /fat/ or are they "loss goblins"?

Either way my mum tried to discourage my weight loss today and it upset me greatly. She goes to the gym regularly but refuses to change her eating habits. Yes I tried to tell her she needs to count calories but she claims her gym time isn't to lose weight but to "get healthy."

I guess I'm just upset that everyone else, family, friends, neighbours are all complimenting me and saying I look so much better and then my mum says stuff like "you should stop now, you'll get too skinny."

I live at home and she continues to buy junk food she knows I have a weakness to (potato chips especially). I tell her not to buy them (only I eat them) and she tells me they're for guests, I would believe her except they're not the sort of chips we've ever served to visitors.

I think she did similar shit to dad as he used to be Veeky Forums as fuck in his youth but is now fat. I know she did the same to my little brother who was obese for his entire childhood but made it, moved out and inspired me to lose weight as well.

Why would she do this? I have started to hate her, any Anons with advice to stop her and help her lose weight too?

>it's so much easier to lose weight than it is to gain weight?
you can't
gaining weight is "fun" while losing it isn't
i guess that it's related to growing up and doing shit that you don't like but must be done anyway
T.fatass on recovery

shut the fuck up Little Thumb

25, 6'0", 276lbs.

I started on January 1st at 304lbs. Lost 28lbs so far. I've been trying my best to eat a strict 1200 calories each day. Some times I hit 1000 and some days I hit 1400, but I try to even it out.

So far so good my dudes. We're gonna make it!

Am I fridge mode?

After we implement the final solution to the blood type problem the world will be only populated with pure O- blood.

Forgot pic

you look like a trap in the making

Wrong qtddtot sorry