QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Was doing deadlifts today after a week off. I was keeping my back as straight as possible but was purposefully trying to lift a lot more with my back + the hip movement than by squatting down and assisting with my legs.
My lower back is sore now, but while I was doing it there was no unusual pain or any "tweak", just a strain, which I expected. Is this just DOMS?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=07AXhucRMbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are the key supplements to take? ZMA any good?

Anyone know of a sleep aid like pic related. It was my favorite.

so i've been stalling quite a bit now and had to deload for a bunch of my lifts. should i change to an intermediate program like phul or should i just eat more? i have been eating on a deficit(1500kcal) cause i am a bit overweight 170cm/74kg bf 18% (tape measured). what do? i havent hit 1/2/3/4 if that matters.

135lbs 5'6 skinnyfat DYEL here. Last check-up I was 13.5% body fat yet I have no abs, pecs, nothing (pic related my last workout). I'm too lazy to do body recomposition, so I've been bulking for a week now, eating 2600kcals a day and aiming for around 170g of protein every day (2 scoops plus all the food I eat) while doing SL 5x5.

Am I doing it right?

forgot pic

How does one achieve rounded upper pecs that jut out from right below the neck like pic related? (Using arnie for visual only, im not expecting to out-big him) Im so close to my goal body, the upper pecs seem to be the one thing i can't figure out.

Any routine tips? I've already got a hypertrophy rep and set range figured out. Maybe im doing my incline press wrong? Is there anything else that helps growth in that particular area?

examine.com/ A good site to see what supps are legit

What's a good core routine? Gotta trim belly

Cheers, but you need to pay to learn about what stacks increase test.

Losing weight
If you want to build your abs I'm sure there's plenty of good exercises but most of it is just having a low bf%

PPL vs PHAT vs PHUL vs Lyle McDonald’s GBR?

any good diet guides?

How can I obtain some gains with very low test?

A healthy combination of these, at a caloric deficit, will be good, along with exercise. Cardio is pretty accessible if you just want to lose weight.
General rule is to not eat between meals. High protein meals will quell your appetite

I spoke to my gym crush for the first time. I'm pretty sure I've seen her checking me out before too.

She seemed warm and receptive. Not going to bug her now but not sure where to go from here.

Keep it simple with a friendly wave until we talk more?

Hold out for 1-2 more times you see her then ask her out

Oh sure! Keep it friendly with a friendly wave! And in the meantime, while you keep waving at her every day, Chad will keep her happy with his... friendly cock!

>not stealing chads girl
NGMi

I don't care that much, just someone I find cute. I'd be surprised if she was single t b h
Seems a bit forward but I'll test the waters.

What's the best way to train to maintain lean mass on a cut? Read it's low volume strength training,l at aworkoutroutine, but wanted to hear other opinions.

should i fuck a hooker (it's legal) to gain some confidence and for the test boost?

Sup guys!
Doing GSLP at the moment. Today when squatting 154, I started to feel really light headed during the second set. I still managed to do 7 reps in the last set (GSLP is 2x5 +1xAMRAP) but after 5 minutes of rest. I weight 140. Is that normal? Also, should I microload on squat or can I still add 5lbs per day?
Thanks!

Do you wanna feel like utter shit afterwards because you had to pay for sex?

dunno

I don't think it would help your confidence or boost your test in any way
Are you the same guy who says sup in every thread? If you're getting lightheaded doing what you're doing then deload until you're comfortable at a lower weight

Just turned my chaotic full body program into a more organized brosplit routine. Spent the last two days destroying my upper body (im a grill and had only really been doing lower body with very minimal upper body until this weekend), had DOMS before the night was over and woke up feeling so sore I felt like I had the flu and was going to vomit. I still feel nausea even though im midway through the day. My question is: should I follow through with my plan to work legs today? Or should I give myself a rest day and do legs tomorrow? Will my lower body lifts suffer if my upper body is struggling to recover from the weekends workouts? Thanks for any advice.

How do you stay motivated when losing a lot of progress?

I got really sick and was out of commission for about a month, and all of my lifts have seriously gone backwards. I'm under 200 pounds on squat, less than 225 on deadlift, and I'm getting easily winded on everything. This wasn't an issue before I got sick. I also lost almost 10 lbs due to diarrhea and nausea from my medicine.

I feel like I'm so far behind now, like I've lost 2 months time. How the hell do you keep your head up in this situation?

You won't get either. It will be awkward, so no real confidence boost. As for test, it won't change anything.

You'll read everything and anything. Bottom line is train heavy rather than high volume (because when cutting you'll have trouble doing 2h long workout) and eat more than enough proteins). As long as you keep your calorie deficit no more than 25% (20 is better) and never under your BMR, it will be ok.

As said, eat at a caloric deficit. Otherwise, for abs, do 3 sets of 2 or 3 exercises 2 to 3 times a week, alternating to work abs and obliques.

Incline is supposed to help. But it's also genetic and has to do with muscle attachment.

Mostly. Though why body recomp would be in the picture, it's not like you're skinny fat, you're just skinny. Yeah granted you're probably 15~18BF but just lift and it will reduce...

Depends on a lot of things. First you might be cutting too hard. In any case it's better to do cardio to increase TDEE than to cut to your BMR level. Then it also depends on your routine. But before switching, if you're following a beginner routine, try using micro plates when increasing your weights. Deloading isn't a problem in itself unless you stall at the same level several times on a same lift.

Probably. Hard to tell really. If you still can move by tomorrow without pain, it's doms. Else try reducing or skipping DL for some time.

What is the essential exercise(s) to give me bigger forearms?

Realize the sickness was beyond your control and that the only thing you have now is how you act in the present. Keep moving forward. Don't concern yourself with what you've lost if it was beyond you.

What cardio is good for cutting?
Is HIIT or LISS better?

Forearm curls over grip and under grip.

My routine right now is something like this:

A pull
-Back exercises
-etc
-also deadlift

B push
-pec exercises etc
-and legs

Should i pass deadlift to b, maybe? Should i do it with back or leg exercises?

Skinny-fat guy here. No, I'm a mix between skinny-fat and built-fat. Like I went from 20% to 13.5% yet I still have the gut and *slight* bitch tits. Making good lift gains tho, so I'll take your advice and bulk for a few weeks or months, whatever gets me stronger and with more muscle mass.

that's a good way to think of it I suppose. Just wish I didn't have to go this far back. Could take me 3 months to make up this progress.

>how do you decide to try really hard when your efforts don’t have short term success with respect to your expectations?
That’s the thing, though, you have expectations with respect to external factors. Focus on things you can control no matter what, such as how hard you try, and how to make your efforts more efficient.

No in every thread but yeah, I kinda always start my post with "Sup guys" or "Sup Veeky Forums'.
It was the first time that happened, but will do if ever it happens again, thanks!

HIIT is extremely systematically stressful and will detract from your regular weightlifting much more significantly, especially when on a cut. Unless you’re a true novice with perfect sleep, diet, and training, keep it simple and just walk it off.

It depends, are you doing ABXABXX, or AXBXAXBXX

Ok thanks, should I keep cardio light when on a cut?

Which side of the mouth should I be chewing gum to be more symmetrical? The slimmer side for gains or the fatter side to tone?

chewing gum will have approximately zero impact on your face

im cutting, doing OMAD, etc.

feel like a fat bloated piece of shit today, but im down 3 lbs? why do i feel like this even though the numbers are good?

right now i have deadlift on pull. also depends on what you're doing for legs. if you're squatting, fuck doing both of them together (unless you SS, which clearly you arent)

Make two large boluses and do the two sides simultaneously

How should I program assistance work on 5/3/1? The routine's main draw for me is the lower volume so I think the triumvirate template sounds good but for the 2 assistance lifts do I pick a set/rep scheme that sounds good and lets me do a decent volume?

Even if it's falim gum?

Whenever I do sit-ups my lower back around the waist hurts. Is this normal or am I doing my sit-ups incorrectly?

I keep getting pain in my rear delt from squatting low bar. I switched to low bar a while ago because I couldn't shake lower back pain squatting high bar, the low bar mechanics agree with me better.

It feels as though I'm pinching the muscle of the rear delt, then afterwards the pain radiates down to my elbows. Anybody ever dealt with this? Shoulder mobility isnt an issue, wrists and elbows look good. Pls help

Im doing axbxaxx right now
Yeah, i squat on leg days
Must be tough doing them the same day, so i deadlift on back days

Should I do ab work before, or after my compound lifts?

after. you use your core (of which your rectus is a part) in your compound movements. doing them before will affect your performance of those lifts.

with whatever energy you have left do ab work after.

I usually do crunches because sit ups tend to hurt my back more. Here’s a vid that really helps me out with that stuff. You’re better running a gauntlet like Jeff does to hit all the ab muscles
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA
He has a ton of vids about them to make sure your lower back is safe, and that you’re getting the max contraction of them. Contracting the abs is key vs. how many reps you’re doing.

i'm this guy so you think i need to add more calories per day? like 1800 and add more cardio? i based 1500 on tdee calculation for sedentary person so maintenance 2000 kcal.

as for routine, i've been doing SL for more or less 4 months. people here have said that you should move on from it after 3 -6 months so thats why i've been considering changing routine. my max lifts are:

SQ: 107.5 kg 5 reps
DL: 112.5 kg 4 reps
Bench: 67.5 kg 5 reps
OHP: 47.5 kg 5 reps

you think thats good enough?

Thank you so much bro. I’ll do just that. Before I was going hard on abs in the morning, then hit the gym before work, but I noticed I was more sluggish doing that since I burned myself out too quick. I’ll do what you said. I appreciate you answering my question.

So lifting days ago my back cracked loudly, no pain at first but some dull pain did start showing up. X Ray shows my spine is fine, but I still hurt when I twist or turn. And the pain is most apparent when I wake up. What am I dealing with here?

Depends. Exercises such as birddogs, deadbugs, side bridges and other similar ab exercises, where the focus is to resist movement rather than create it, can be useful before heavy compound lifts to help you move better.
Dynamic ab exercises such as leg raises, cable crunches etc. are used for hypertrophy work and best reserved for after your heavy lifting.

Retard that started at the beginning of the year. Managed to lose 12 pounds so far.
5’9 187 -> 175.
I’m not trying to get skinny, so is now a good time to increase my calories to 2000 from 1750? Or should I continue until 165 to start getting more muscle?

Ah that makes so much sense. What I usually do is hanging leg raises, and then follow it up with the ab wheel and then a 10 minute gauntlet consisting of v ups, figure 8s, windshield wipers, tuck ins, and finally heels to the heavens. Each one for 2 minutes each. Now I know to do this afterwards, as well as incorporate deadbugs before the work out. I usually hit obliques every day at night with side planks, weighted side bends, and weighted Russian twists.

Yeah but you're not exactly sedentary, you're lifting, so you need kinda more. 1800 and a bit of cardio seems better to me.

I'm not familiar enough with SL to know from first hand experience, but you might want to switch to 3x5 with the same template if you want to keep running SL. Though your DL is lacking.
I'm pretty sure you still can benefit from an LP/beginner routine. If you decide to change, PHUL isn't a bad pick but it might be a bit heavy on a cut!

going bald pretty bad mates at 18, anyone on fit have experience after going shaved head? Is it a big deal with younger women?

Could be a pinched nerve leading to inflammation and pain.

Whenever I get cuts, scrapes, or burns they take forever to heal.

Is there any way to fix this? Adjust my diet maybe?

alright user thank you. i will continue SL for a bit i suppose.

Is there any downsides to making a shake in the morning and consuming it 5 hours later at work? The protons don't just magically disappear right? Or should I just bring some powder and make the shake at work?

With very young girl it is. With 18+, and if you have an appropriate haircut (no comb over, no big "crown" of hair with the top totally bold) it's okay, it kinda gives charisma actually. Though you also have to act confident about it.

What angle is more effective for upper pec development when incline dumbbell pressing? 30 or 45?

Shhhh! Chest shrugs

Overweight guy here,

If I'm trying to lose weight and eventually get muscular, is it better to focus first on cutting calories and losing the weight as fast as possible first, or try to gain as much muscle as possible while not worrying about the weight for now?

Atm stalling at my lifts. I'm eating a 500-kcal deficit in order to lose weight and in a gym session I burn around another 800-900 kcal (pulse meter says so). Do push-pull with legs for hypertrophy. Where to start in order to see progress? Deload? Eat more on lifting days or the day after? More proteins?

Btw: 181 cm, 103 kg - cut first and then more muscles or build muscles and then cut?

your question is unclear; its pretty clear what 45 is, but when you say 30 do you mean 30 from horizontal or 30 from vertical?

that being said, just consider that OHP is very little pecs aside from stability, and flat bench is considered "general chest development" and find what angle suits your desires the most. there's no straightfoward answer, just because this will depend a lot on form and the back angle/curve that you take even after you set the incline.

Unless you're a beginner/fat/on gear/freak, of course you're going to stall at a deficit.

Trying to get a grip on my addiction to sugar. What's the most effective nutrition bar or similar that I can get at Walmart or places similar? Thinking about trying some of those Cliff bars or whatever they're called. Are they a waste of money?

Looking to make diced bacon, do I dice it before I cook it or after?

What are the best accessories for SS/3 day strength program?

Umm,okay. So i should just keep these lifts and do it for the sake of burning calories until I reach my goal weight, right? After that I can go for progress.

Did you even look at the nutrition label?

How do I get a shredded chest like pic related? And how do I even train my chest?
I imagine getting shredded like that would something similar to getting abs that is hitting them in as many different variations of crunches, situps, leg raises as possible
But I only know like 2 chest exercises and even then it feels like its my shoulders and and arms that are doing most of the work. Surely given that pic related is gymnast (and disregarding the fact that he is manlet and like cocaine) it cant be all due to ring work (as I understand they dont spend long time on actual rings themselves because its hard af and will tire you out fast) but and same or similar results can be achieved in non gymnastic gym.

weighted Dips and weighted pullups

are you eating the diced bacon as is, or using it as a garnish?

if its a garnish/seasoning do it after; the bacon wont stick together and will be more like flakes

if its not, do what you want.

haven't been to the store yet, just takign the short way to see if they're bullshit or not before I waste my time even looking in person.

Ring pushups will do that. Dumbbell bench presses and make sure your form is proper

m.youtube.com/watch?v=07AXhucRMbE

If you'd like, sure - there's no 'one way' to go about it.
Not knowing anything about you besides height/weight complicates things, but you could go down to 15% BF and go for lean gains from there.
I personally like going for strength then cutting down but that's just me.

>I personally like going for strength then cutting down but that's just me.
Being a fatty I want to lose bodyfat first. So this indeed helped. Thank you!

not sure if you can provide input, but slightly related question:

whats the difference between RTO push ups and doing the same on pic related?

Any advice for decent power rack in the uk? Looking at this, can spend around 500

Chiropractor it is then

not from the UK, but before going out and buying new, check out your craigslist equivalent (local classifieds); theres usually plenty of workout equipment looking for new homes. and you can save a pretty penny getting it second hand too.

Meant 30 from horizontal. I've never gotten a straight answer about which is better. I've seen people make cases for both 30 and 45, but i'm looking to really blast the upper pecs since they are lagging, figured i'd ask if one was more suitable than the other.

Would it make any sense to suddenly shift to hypertrophy workouts for a month or so and then switch back?

sets?
also do u recommend a vest for this or a chain

Cardio should be moderate in most cases, unless you’re extremely fatigued, then it should be light.

Just assume an optimal pace exists, and you should increase the duration instead of intensity as your diet progresses.

what are your goals?

if its to gain any time of noticeable hypertrophy, it makes little to no sense. at least 3 months.

In that case I would put deadlift on back day

Are venison grillsteaks and whole-wheat fusilli Veeky Forums approved?

Venison is amazing, fuck yeah.

Horizontal movement as well as rotational. Just do dumbbel bench presses, mate. You can complicate it later when you are more advanced

I don't normally have pain when I squat. I'm pretty noob to lifting, doing 5x5. The other day squatted, first time the weight kinda felt heavy at 195lb. The next day, sore lower back. The day after, all soreness is gone.

Is the lower back soreness for one day normal or do I need to check my form? I don't want to fuck my shit up.