/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Discipline > Motivation

Traps are gay.

Drug free fanboys are naive pussies.

Quit powerlifting.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bf8z7uvFaF1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for OP is a faggot as usual. Where the fuck is the doggo I requested?

>powerlifting.
you have made it in power lifting when you quit like a normal person instead of spending decades driving your body into the ground and shooting hormones into your butthole.

thanks jim

I appreciate it. good form, pupper.

I was going to post a thread with this until I saw this one had just been posted.

i got flaat feet i think my ankles collapse inwards on squats

what do

reminder that if you're pulling sumo then you should substract 25% from your total

Quit powerlifting, start wide stance box squatting with vertical shins for explosive hip power.
Don't hate the player hate the game. I think the only federation that doesn't allow sumo is the SS one, where you do the retarded arch press instead of the bench.

good form, pupper

I'm wondrering if this is my problem. I've been getting foot pain on deadlifts recently. Thinking maybe I need a different shoe than Chucks.

i just project opinion of most dyels and gdes

did rip say this

instagram.com/p/Bf8z7uvFaF1/

Im p confident I could double that

Yeah definitely

25% from zero doesn't make a difference when you don't even compete.

What does PLG think about 5/3/1? Is this a good routine for getting strong?
A:
Bench 5/3/1
Weighed pullups 3×5
back/arm work
B:
Squats 5/3/1
Ab work
C:
Press 5/3/1
Power cleans 5×3
Weighted pullups 3×5
D:
Deadlift 5/3/1
Squats 3x5 (75%)

+450 wilks in 6 months

just remember to buy the book, live the life, have sex, pay me, fuck you and raise your expectations

see a podiatrist for an insert or buy one on amazon. and find a flat soled shoe to put it in?

>that routine

>im 03/05/18(Mon)11:59:49 No.45025174
>just remember to buy the book, live the life, have sex, pay me, fuck you and raise your expectations
>fuck me

o-oh J-jim. I-i'm n-not that kind o-of boy

5/3/1 is not a powerlifting routine. It is greath for being strong, just not in ways which are hseful to the sport. I used to think so, especially since the gains were impressive, and I put pounds on the bar much faster than some other programs. However, if I was a powerlifter, and I did that program, it would be sub-optimal in conparison to a powerlifting program. No exceptions.

>What does PLG think about 5/3/1?
Can be a great sustainable off-season program.

>Is this a good routine for getting strong?
Not the way you have it laid out. Read the book, retard.

why dont you post bench yakob? it cant be more embarrassing than your deadlift :^)

it is

How wide should I hold on deadlift?

how much does he bench

Ideal width should be on the end of the barbell itself, any closer and you’re a cheating faggot

As his friend I'm not gonna say.

Grab the plates faggot.

higher or lower than 120?

Literally couldn’t lift 70% of close grip deadlift

You should try a slightly wider stance on deadlifts, it might help you use your legs more.

i remember him saying 120 but that was like 6months ago

My quads is lagging despite squatting 3pl8, and front squatting above 2pl8, and deadlifting 4pl8. How do I force them to grow? Hamstring is huge tho.

Wrong pic

Ohh you gonna be suprised what I will dl in few days

split squats/leg press/hack squats/jefferson deadlifts/more front squats

Doesn’t work well, I’m a non responder

Are your quads actually lagging in strength (you squat morning and your deadlifts look like an SLDL) or are they just smaller than you would like?

The strength is there, but my quads doesn’t look like I’ve done a squat in my life.

thats because you squat 3pl8... get stronger

I need bigger legs to get stronger, not the other way around.

your whole body is lagging

you won't get bigger legs squatting 3 pl8

you need to get stronger to get bigger legs

fucking hernia hurting when I lay on my side and surgery so far away

are you the femoral hernia guy

You're fine then, keep doing what you're doing. Squat more, eat more.

Then you haven't seen my dick

my hernia has been since 4 days ago always above my navel / in my upper abs.

Wouldn't I need bigger quads to get a bigger squat?

hey can u tell me ur symptoms, hurt lower back, just wondering what is the difference

If your squat looks fine you'll get bigger quads squatting more. There will be a point when you will need to add in some kind of quad dominant accessory, but not at ~140kg squat.

Is dynamic effort box squat based on competition low bar squat? Or do I have to test box squat on maximal effort?

i didn't have any symptom signaling that I would get hernia, good squats and then out of nowhere it brrrrrrrrrrrrrrt thru my abs

Squats went to shit today, felt like absolute cancer. Did a little extra for my diddlydoodle and went home. I think it is time to lay off the caffeine, I just felt empty and zombie-like today.

uhh, what do u mean through ur abs , that's concerning me. I have some right lower back pain and around my hips and lower right abs. Hurts when standing up after sitting or bending over. Some pain has also came to my left side. Like if I lay down on my side and twist my left leg over to crack my back, I feel some sharp pain on my left butt cheek. Have u gone through this

Is wide stance squat as really superior as Louie Simmons say?

nigger i literally have a fucking mountain through my abs, you would know if you had hernia ffs.

Looks like much harder position to generate power.

That's almost parallell, quite impressive

He claims that a wide stance squat will increase quad activation and build a close stance squat.

in eq you dont generate power silly. your suit does

fuck I always forget equipped exists.

Yes, she is.

For multiply it's fine and probably superior.

It's not conducive to raw squatting at all though and you should squat with whatever stance width/foot position is most comfortable for your individual hip morphology.

God I've been shitting out hot burning shit for hours because I ate porridge for the first time in years.

Dear lord the smell is seriously awfl

Is dynamic effort box squat based on competition (none box) squat?

I tried semi sumo today after conv and it felt rpe 6 while conv was 8. Also guy that I trained with today who dls 300 told me my his were opened and I cant do that with conv beacuse my short arms get in way. Any wider grip and I would crushed ny balls

oh holy shit, damn, I'm sorry about that, hope u get well soon so u can get back to working out

I want to die

So for bodybuilding purposes, can the wide stance box squat become the main leg movement without need for supplementary work (at least to a certain point), and I mean also replacing deadlifts with it since there's much more hip involved than a regular squat? Basically, if you only squat wide on a box, will there be imbalances?

>at as really superior as Louie Simmons say?
only if multiply.

What does that mean?

What are some essential programming patterns in powerlifting?

Like steadily increasing volume in block, adding intense 90%+ duples etc

>I want to die

Stance width doesn't really change muscle involvement with your squat, it just puts into either a stronger or weaker position. I would still supplement it with some sort of hip hinge like SLDLs GHRs or something similar. I don't know enough to say definitively if there would be imbalances if you only squatted to a box and did nothing else for the rest of your lower body training, but I think there probably would be.

How edgy

You lack of volume for the main lifts boy, do some backoff or something

The only problem that comes to mind is the VMO quad muscle that activates on below parallel squats, isn't that right?
Guess I'll do some homework and search the studies Louie talked about.

Man I would suck your dick in a heartbeat

Man I would suck your dick in a heartbeat

Are you me?

>OwO

I did some comparisons myself with my deadlifts, weight same on all variations:

>Wide stance conventional like Thor & Shaw = RPE7
>Shoulder width = RPE 8.5
>Narrower than shoulder width = 7.5 RPE
>Sumo = RPE 9

funny

Are you me?

WHO HERE LIFT IN (an unspecifiable gym in) SEATTLE
i hear you memeing
stop it
we're in public

I would do wide if I would grip wider

just grip wider??

Snach my balls t-rex here

good form, pupper

I could only imagine someone like pic related who wrote that shitty quote

>What does PLG think about 5/3/1? Is this a good routine for getting strong?

Here is my 531. It's 10 weeks. 2x3 week cycles, a deload week, then a strength realization cycle of 3 weeks.

Lower lifts increase 30 lbs total, upper lifts go up 15.

Training max is 90% of current one rep max.

OHP can be replaced by a bench variant like close grip, sling shot, pin press, spoto press, if you want more frequency. I like ohp, and I dont have a meet near, so I keep it.

>t-rex here
then why is your bench shit

>start to bench with noname barbell
>hmm feels heavy
>barely do 110kg for 5
>autism episode starts
>switch to Texas Powerbar
>do 4x6@110kg easy
Well, that was strange

lmao