Vegan Protein Powder

...costs almost twice as much as whey protein powder.

Is it worth it? Does it make sense to have plant-based protein in your diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodsafetynews.com/2018/02/heavy-metals-found-in-40-percent-of-protein-powders-tested/#.Wp202OjwZPY
chadhayesmd.com/the-clean-label-project-is-playing-dirty/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unless you're vegan or have problems digesting whey there's no reason to switch

Not OP but I break out using whey

thanks for the clear and concise answer!

are you 100% sure that it is because of whey? I used to think that fatty food would cause me to have acne - today I consume vastly more fats than before (dairy, too), but haven't had a single zit in 4 months.
Turns out washing my face too often and using too much skincare products fucked my skin up. I now only wash my face after sweating, and my skin is clearer than ever before.

cost literally the same actually.
rice protein tastes the best because the flavour is sorta bland so it mixes well with anything.
hemp protein tastes like shit and is more expensive
soy protein I wouldn't recommend since animal studies show that animals fed on soy protein instead of wheat protein gain less mass across the board

Soy protein powder is cheaper than whey

pea protein is cheaper and healthier than whey

>soy

plant-derived proteins have significantly higher concentrations of lead and other toxins. It explains a lot honestly.

>eating plant protein

lmao
foodsafetynews.com/2018/02/heavy-metals-found-in-40-percent-of-protein-powders-tested/#.Wp202OjwZPY

>55 percent of powders tested had measurable levels of BPA. Of the 134 tested powders, 28 contained twice the regulatory limit of 3 micrograms of BPA. One contained more than 25 times the allowed level of BPA in just one serving.

>“Plant-based protein powders have higher levels of heavy metals than non-plant-based protein powders,” said Sean Callan, the Ellipse Analytics scientist.

>Testing further revealed that about 10 percent of whey-based protein powders contained lead levels above health guidelines.

>no egg-based protein powders tested contained lead.

you are poisoning yourself if you use these brands

>Garden of Life Organic Shake & Meal Replacement Chocolate Cacao Raw Organic Meal
Nature’s Best Isopure Creamy Vanilla Zero Carb
Quest Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
360Cut Performance Supplements 360PRO Whey Chocolate Silk Premium Whey Protein
Vega Sport Plant-Based Vanilla Performance Protein

These are okay:
>Pure Protein Vanilla Cream 100% Whey
Performix Pro Whey Sabor Vanilla Protein with Amino Beads
BodyFortress Super Advanced Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
BioChem Vanilla 100% Whey Protein
Puori PW1 Vanilla Pure Whey Protein

arsen in rice is actually something that I feared, thanks for clearing that up!

Provide evidence, concentration of heavy metals and environmental increase as you move up the food chain, that's just a fact of physics according to trophic levels.

Plants are primary consumers, thus have the lowest, herbivores have higher as primary consumers and carnivores have even higher as seconddary consumers.

stop thinking about the money, think about the animals and your health instead goyim.

get chad-mogged:

chadhayesmd.com/the-clean-label-project-is-playing-dirty/

that would only be true if the animals consumed the exact plants that are high in heavy metals, right?

grass and grains and soybeans aren't high in heavy metals, at all.
Farmed salmon has millions of times higher ammounts of heavy metals than the vast majority of commercially available plant foods.

It would be especially high then, but all plants contain trace amounts of heavy metals which accumulates up the food chain. Imagine it like this:

Algea takes up 1g lead from the ocean, small fish eats 100 algea. Small fish contains 100g lead now, 90% of the energy consumed is burned just to maintain it's life. 10% of the orignial energy of algea is now accompanies with 100g lead, bigger fish eats the smaller fish, to get equal amounts of calories just to match the orgiginal algea it now needs to eat 10 small fishes, each containing 100g lead. 90% of energy is again burned, now 1% of the original algea energy is accompanied with 1000g lead. Obviously the amount of lead is made up, but that's the gist of it, that's why salmon and tuna tends to be among the most contaminated, because they eat fish themselves.

>concentration of heavy metals and environmental increase as you move up the food chain
>that's a fact
>environmental contamination is this simple

wow you must actually be retarded if you believe that.

Animals, unlike plants, have processes that remove toxins like digestion as well as specialized organs liver, kidneys, etc that filter out toxins.

hey retard, explain this

read:

it doesn't cost twice as much

No its not, and recent studies have shown that vegan powder contains lead