Question about OHP

Those of you who can OHP 1 plate or above, how much can you dumbell shoulder press?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21127894
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

100lbs each hand

shiiitt, are you hitting that for reps?

bump

When I used to OHP 65kg 3x5 I could Dumbbell Press 3x8 30kg each hand

bullshit

At the time I was overhead pressing 225x3, my seated dumbbell shoulder press was only like 80lbsx10 or some shit. The two are dramatically different movements so idk how much correlation there is between them

I can db shoulder press about 115% of my OHP (combined weight of dumbbells)

You probably did them with proper form that's why.

>dumbbell shoulder press
jej

no clue, i don't do dumbbell presses because The Press™ is serious business and using dumbbells when you could use a bar instead is for literal faggots
t. 2.25pl8 The Press™

there's a theory known as "the bilateral deficit" that says that you can handle more total weight when split between two limbs, but that just doesn't work out in my eyes.

the only thing where it might work is being able to handle more with farmer's bars than with a conventional deadlift, but OHP no way.

so yeah, OP's lying

That doesn't work out for OHP because Dumbbell and Barbell Presses are two completely differet exercises in bar paths.

155 lbs 1rm ohp
~50 lbs for about 5 reps each hand for db

dunno why its so low but thats what it is

I can OHP lmao1pl8 for 1-2 reps usually, but I can dumbbell press 55 in each hand for 3-4 reps

bar path has nothing to do with it you brainlet

that's more for shit like bulgarian split squats where the other limb is still assisting in a weird indirect way i think

in this case (and every case like this) he's making things up, or he's half repping and maybe also turning it into a high incline DB bench

read the literature dumb ass:

>The bilateral limb deficit (BLD) phenomenon is the difference in maximal or near maximal force generating capacity of muscles when they are contracted alone or in combination with the contralateral muscles.

"maximal force generating capacity of muscles"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21127894

>why its so low
50 + 50 = 100 add 20 pounds cus its dumbbell

its really 120 pounds

Yes it does you colossal faggot. Pretty much everyone does dumbbell shoulder press in a completely flared fashion, going only down to 90° while barbell OHP moves the bar from infront of you above your head

lol, dumb cunt. read the literature you fucking mong

lol, dumb cunt. read the literature you fucking mong

Thx bros, im 2 months into my Veeky Forums journey and im hitting 35lbs for db. Trying to get to 60 lbs by the end by the end of the year. So i can OHP 1 plate

97lbs eac hand (44kg uk fag)

just curious since ur db press is so high, how much do you db chest press?

Weights in my gym only go to 50 but can do 17 reps on flat 11 on incline