Can keto cause health problems long-term?

Can keto cause health problems long-term?

Insulin resistance for one

It causes gain problems long terms that's for damn sure. Anyone who disagrees probably weights less than 190lbs

>that trip
>not AssEffect

Fag.

>Insulin resistance
What

helo where are profs

Constantly elevated free tryglicerides cause insulin resistance

ahahah please die

The answer is no real long term studies exists to answer this question.

The best long term data is actually from kids suffering from treatment resistant epilepsy or drug free households using Keto as a way to curb seizures which is actually effective.

All that said no one really knows.

Not sure anyone claims it is a good diet for gains seeing as how one of the first things this diet does is use all glycogen from muscles which does not get replaced which unbinds a huge amount of water which makes your muscles look bigger.

fucking celery man

Sorry buddy it's true xc

>eat high protein breakfast
>go lift weights
>nearly pass out
This diet is either a meme or I'm retarded, or both.

Everything causes long term health problems, including breathing.

lad why are you eating raw sausage patties

because i've lost control of my life

you need carbs for energy to lift weights
protein is for repairing muscles afterwards
if you're going to lift on keto it might be easier to eat your 20g of carbs or whatever it is an hour or two before lifting instead of spreading them out over the day

You are retarded. You need to eat high FAT NOT HIGH PROTEIN NIGGER
gl

I'll put it this way. Most foods that are good for long-term health aren't allowed on keto. Many foods that aren't good for long-term health are promoted on keto.

you will know you have lost control if you eat pudding at 3 in the morning

Eat more fats.

I've been on what amounts to what is called "modified Atkins" for the better part of ten years. Repeated blood tests have confirmed I'm in ketosis.

My husbando (boyfriend at the time) had intractable seizures. They were gonna go in and cut his brain in two right down the middle to see if that would do anything. Two weeks on strict 4:1keto and his seizures up and vanished. We lowered it down to 3:1 then atkins, then modified atkins where he's been without any seizures. He did have one aura absence seizure when we were on vacation in italy and he went off the diet. But beyond that nothing.

Personally I've been following along because it's easier to cook one meal than two. And the diet really helped me keep lean af.

go to bed stu
t. tommy pickles

it cures insulin resistance you baboon

not enough salt and fat

The ketogenic diet can improve and reverse type 2 diabetes, that is correct.

However, it does in the short term worsen insulin sensitivity. I've been keto for a long time . And when I go off keto my blood sugar technically falls into the "high" category and blood sugar control remains impaired for about 4-8 days when it recovers to normal ranges.

This is a well-known and established phenomena in the medical literature, and is frequently one of the reasons given against using ketogenic diet in treating diabetes, completely ignoring the fact that resistance is temporary and universally resolves in under two weeks.

Furthering my point: Take for example the Glucose Response Test. The testing protocol indicates that patients on severely carb restricted, high fat diets should either be taken off of the diet 1-2 weeks prior to the GRT or to use another diagnostic test to determine diabetic status.

checked

could probably take 2-4 fish oil caps a day to lower the trigs enough

>Piss test yesterday
>Got them ketons in my pee
>Today got none
What, why?
I've eaten little since then