Bulletproof coffee

So is it just a meme or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/insulin-advantage
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4603544/
healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets#section1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's loaded with saturated fat, for virtually no benefits.

I already cook my eggs in butter; no reason to ruin a good cup of coffee.

Is satiety a meme? No, however drinking coffee with butter is suboptimal.

eating sat fat for breakfast gives you quite a nice buzz of energy until lunch while still being very light on your digestion. Definitely not a meme, give it a try. Personally I just like eating.

Your picture looks disgusting, it's supposed to be emulsified in, not a nasty film at the top. You need to blend it in with a blender or steam it with the milk

Coffee with butter?
Doesn't taste anywhere as near as good as coffee with milk.
I tried it and threw it out rather than waste kcal drinking that disgusting mess

>calories for nothing
>sfa's for nothing

This shit will make you fat and give you diabetes. It's the same reason sugary beverages are bad for you- it's fucking calories for no reason.

Recovering skelly king who needs the calories. I drink a lot of it. Reg black coffee, 1 tbs butter, 1 tbs coconut oil. BLEND IT. Blending it makes the texture light and good. Extra 220 calories to get me closer to 3500 calories.

reaching you protein numbers and enough veggies for fiber will put you way below your daily calories. You'll always need empty calories. Why not consume fat, which is used for other bodily functions and is more satiating and doesn't give you diabeetus and shit teeth, as opposed to carbs?

Fat is more likely to give you diabetes.

no

>being Fat is more likely to give you diabetes.
there we go

>sfa's are bad
>diabetes

burger or did you fail high school nutrition?

Googled it and there's articles about it, but they seem to be super unfounded.

This is more true than people realize.

uber fucking manlet detected.

lol, it all generally scales based on height as taller people need more calories and protein, brainlet.

and thats why I called you a manlet. if you're hitting your macros and still have calories left over, then you're either skinnyfat or a manlet (most likely the latter). clearly you should eat more seeing as how you're pic related.

carbs are essentially empty calories, dipshit. If protein is making up more than 40% of your macros, you're retarded. So you'll always have empty calories required for BMR or cause gains.

SFAs are correlative with testosterone.

"No." Actually, carbs of equal calories are more associated with fat gains because of insulin.

t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/insulin-advantage

>carbs are essentially empty calories

brainlets will brainlet. Post some reasoning with your statements, brainlet.

Satiety doesn't really matter when you only feel satiated after drinking 1000 calories worth of butterfat. Coffee on its own is supposed to be somewhat satiating.

What high school did you go to that taught that saturated fats aren't bad for you?

T-nation isn't a valid source

It is, as the facts are there, ready for arguments.

Attacking the arguer instead of the material is a logical fallacy.

>the facts are there, with no scientific references
It's as credible as any unsourced Veeky Forums post. You've made a claim, you've yet to make an argument.

Saturated fat is its own benefit

How?

They're in bold. Google is obviously of interest for critiquing the values of scientific sensibility.

Common knowledge and references to readily available documentation are acceptable.

>They're in bold
Those are claims, not scientific references. Being typed in bold font doesn't make it any more authoratitive.

>carbs of equal calories are more associated with fat gains because of insulin.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4603544/
>Subjects received both isocaloric diets in random order during each of two inpatient stays. Body fat loss was calculated as the difference between daily fat intake and net fat oxidation measured while residing in a metabolic chamber. Whereas carbohydrate restriction led to sustained increases in fat oxidation and loss of 53±6 g/d of body fat, fat oxidation was unchanged by fat restriction leading to 89±6 g/d of fat loss and was significantly greater than carbohydrate restriction (p=0.002).

>This study demonstrated that, calorie for calorie, restriction of dietary fat led to greater body fat loss than restriction of dietary carbohydrate in adults with obesity. This occurred despite the fact that only the carbohydrate restricted diet led to decreased insulin secretion and a substantial sustained increase in net fat oxidation compared to the baseline energy-balanced diet.

That post's referencing where the specific topics are found, hinted at by following up with where the verifications are.

There are a bunch of studies evidencing both sides, and the controls are often poor (antioxidants, timing, etc.)

There are no references.

>There are a bunch of studies evidencing both sides
You say this when a study refutes what you tried to claim with no evidence. Post your own study looking at isocaloric intake that finds a different conclusion.

healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets#section1

This is another redirection to Google. Some demographics are busy.

>isocaloric
No wonder you won't link to direct research, you don't know what you're talking about

>Take my caffeine rich, no calorie drink and load it up with butter

Nope

Not him but I remember there being 2 isocaloric weight loss studies showing no significant difference between different makro intakes and I think there was 1 that showed a small increase in BMR on a ketogenic diet. Anyway, if you want to lose weight be in a hypocaloric state regardless or carb/fat ratio, this is just splitting hairs here.

So not supporting the claim he made

Bulletproof coffee is basically a fat milkshake. Not bad if you cut enough in other areas but it's not worth it just to get higher fat in unrestricted keto diet. 1 tbs MCT oil (100cal) + 1 tbs butter (100cal) + Heavy Whipping (50cal) just turned coffee into a morning milkshake.

I'd only do it on keto induction. Satiety is a meme for weak willed people who don't know that long intermittent fasts and a big keto OMAD can kick start your diet much faster than waiting to be fat adapted.

That said, sometimes I make my protein shakes bulletproof. HWC and MCT mix well with a powder flavor I made a mistake in buying but don't want to throw out.

>he fell for the saturated fat is bad meme

>mainstream science is a meme

Pretty much. That guy also thinks saturated fat increases his T so he probably shoves bacon, butter and eggs into his mouth. May god have mercy on his LDL.

aren't you suppose to use coconut oil?

>mainstream
>not a meme
choose exactly one, retard

>specifics
As stated, some are doing other things.

That's the specific claim you made, so of course I expect specifics. Otherwise you're claiming "diets that contain more fat but less calories cause more weight loss than diets with more carbs but more calories too"