QTDDTOT

be nice to newbies addition

Why can't I go down on parallel bar dips to the point where my elbows are parallel to ground? My shoulders just don't let me

Are there any drawbacks to forearms, calves, and abs everyday?

>doing bodyweight routine
>Absolutely no chest

Everything else is coming along nicely but push ups only take the chest so far, are there any exercises I can do to build it? I have a pull up bar, ab wheel and do dips on my kitchen counters

one armed push ups

>pushups can only take you so far

How far have they taken you already? How many can you do?

>dips on my kitchen counters

Next level fucking lazy jesus christ. If you can't afford a gym membership buy some dumbbells or some shit bro. At least go to a park

My high weight low rep workouts are stalling, should I switch to lower weight and higher reps and focus more on hypertrophy for now?

I have trouble remembering to drink enough water. Is there a decent app out there that will remind me to drink and be able to log how much I drink throughout the day?

BTN pull ups

You got a fuckin' problem with calisthenics guy?

you drink water when you're thirsty. There's no solid evidence to the 8 glasses a day claim. Your body will tell you when you need water. Just make sure to only drink water

>how many can you do
that's an endurance test not a strength test. That guy needs to do weighted pull ups and resistance band push ups

I'm not claiming the 8 glasses a day thing is true. That's momscience. But more often than not, I suddenly realize at 10 pm that I have had literally zero water all day. There's no way that's a good thing

Assit your legs up with a box or something so you push more weight. Eventually you should do them with the feet off the floor.

I saw one on an add the other day called "water alert"

It's actually very easy for people to slightly dehidrate themselves and then get headaches and such.

I make it a point to fill my 32oz quest bottle at least twice a day. Helps me.

If you're still a newbie you can switch an intermediate program.
If you're happy with the weight you already lift sure go for hypertrophy.

Externally rotate shoulders
No
Yes. Eat more and follow an actual program
Water Drink Reminder

Just drink a bottle every hr and a half

fair enough. Would using the reminder app on your phone be enough? That's what I do for my meds

I have some stupid genetic thing with a long name where i don't get the normal eat/drink impulses. It landed me in the hospital a few times. Personally I just use a timer on my phone.

If I have a really underdeveloped muscle group (while all the rest are developed) can I have noob gains in that area once i start training it properly?

At what point should i stop doing PGSLP and move to something more... intermediate, i guess?
I've been doing it for ~6 months and have made a ton of progress but I'm plateauing a lot regardless of deloads and form checks etc.

>Why can't I go down on parallel bar dips to the point where my elbows are parallel to ground? My shoulders just don't let me
Dips is an exercise that is very heavy on the shoulders and you need to have them engaged during the whole thing.
Possibilities are : You're weak at the shoulders, you're not locking shoulders, your grip is too wide, or an odd flexibility issue.

Serious question: will SS give me a big butt? I already have a pretty full but because of genetics and I don't want to make it any bigger.

My upper body is smaller and undeveloped compared to my legs so that worries me too..

you will be A Victim, like me.
don't do it for too long.

I have the same question, though the only leg work in SS are squats which I think are essential to the whole body

I do squats on day A and squats + deadlifts on day B.

I think it's a bit excessive but im not sure..

think i ran GSLP for a fair ammount of time 4 months now ready to move since i dont wanna do 6x a week PPL is 3x a week fine? or should i just do upper/lower and is this acceptabale for aesthetic transition?

>since i dont wanna do 6x a week PPL is 3x a week fine?
hitting each muscle group only once a week is sub-optimal
>upper/lower and is this acceptabale for aesthetic transition?
arguably, a "mere" upper/lower isn't aesthetic. A PPL has a 2:1 upper/lower ratio, if you think about it, and I'd say that, for aesthetics, legs shouldn't occupy 50% of your routine

Does cardio do anything to change the ratio of fat to muscle loss during a cut?

What is the best angle to record yourself for form check?

So I'm a sailor and our gyms ceiling is too low for me to standing ohp and seated ones hurt my back. What is a good substitute? Dumbbell press or perhaps something else?

What is better for cardio, elliptical, bike or rowing machine? I don't like treadmills.

My left pec is larger than my right pec even though my form is pretty good. should I do slightly more volume on my right pec to even this out or will it even out naturally as I start to plateau

rowing masterace, just look at how many muscle groups its trains aswell during exercise

so in order to be aesthetic i must do PPL 6 days? could i make PPL 4 days? or 5 with some legs included

I've been eyeing up the Concept 2 but it's 1000€. Might take a while to save that up

>dips on kitchen counters
are you me

SS will develop lower body strength, which is quite important for all lifts. I haven't had any glute madness, but I have been doing barbell rows instead of power cleans and only squat on the days when I don't deadlift.

Just pull the good ol' high school jock routine. Bring a gallon of water to work in the morning and sip throughout the day until it's time for the gym. That's what I do and I piss clear all day.

You can never be too excessive on leg day

can i do this routine after running GSLP for 4 months? (of coures remove and add some exercises)

UPPER POWER
Barbell Bench Press 3x5
DB Overhead Press 3x8
DB Incline Bench 3x8
Barbell Row 3x5
Lat pull down 3x8
Barbell Shrug 3x8
EZ Bar Curl 3x8
Skull Crushers 3x8
Side raise delt 3x10

LOWER POWER

Squats 3x5
Stiff Legged Deadlift 3x5
Lunges 3x5 each leg
Hamstring Curl 4x8
Quad Extension 4x8
Calf Raisers 4x8

PUSH
DB Bench Press 4x8
Incline DB Bench Press 4x8
Cable Crossover 3x10
DB Pullover 3x10
Overhead Press 4x8
Upright DB Row 4x8
Front Raise 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x10
Tricep Cable Pushdown 3x10

PULL
Wide Grip Pullups 3xF
T-Bar Row 4x8
Lat Pulldown 4x8
Shrugs 4x8
Face Pull 3x10
Hammer Curl 3x10
Concentration Curl 3x10
Reverse Grip Curls 3x10
Forearm Curls 3x10

LEGS
Squats 4x12
SLDL 4x12
Quad Extension 4x12
Hamstring Curl 4x12
Seated Calf Raise 4x12
Standing Calf Raise 4x12

Which is the most accurate formula to find your BMR and also your calorie intake? Not sure what to aim for in Macros either based on this, the standard 40c/30f/30p?

Not if its sub-10reps

Is it bad to get 60-90 grams of my daily protien from whey powder?

unironically get what op has in picture
dip stand

and belt

will also improve your lats for pullups

good goy

Should I factor in the macros for oil I use when cooking? Say if I use a teaspoon of olive oil to coat a pan to cook chicken should I add it to my macros?

If you like to be anal about it.

PPL 4x a week fine? so it would be PPxPP my legs are already bigegr than my upper so i think it should be ok but i might add in some sprints on my rest days to work them.

"PPL" is just a convenient way to split your workout. You don't have to necessarily split according to "push, pull, and legs". Brian Alsruhe, IIRC, does Barbell Row _and_ Bench Press on the same day, arguing that they're complimentary
Same goes for "face pull" and bench, on the rationale that face pulls if performed with proper external rotation can fix some bench "defects"
I know pretty advanced lifters that bench and squat the same day, on the rationale that they hit completely different muscle groups so they're not fatigued when approaching the squat (imho bench press is still pretty taxing and the idea of performing squats after bench isn't something pleasant to me, but that's me)
You could squat one day a week and deadlift on pull day
You can easily think of a 5-days or 4-days routine without falling in a dumbed-down "upper/lower" dogma, and imho if you're pursuing aesthetics legs shouldn't be neglected, sure, but shouldn't amount to more than 1/3 of your workout
how you spread it across the week is pretty much irrelevant, as long as you keep a decent volume (not too high, not too low) and as long as you don't construe inane, long training session filled with compounds
pick 2 compounds max, 2 isolation exercises , some accessory work and call it a day
you aren't condemned to only pick "push" muscles or "upper body" muscles if e.g. on a certain day you decide to do chest

I just found out that for the last year the bread I've bought contains sugar, I thought that cancerous shit was exclusive for Americans. If I switch to a no sugar bread will I notice any changes?

just drop the bread entirely

do you count the bar?
same goes for diet.
if you eat it, you count it. If you're using a literal teaspoon and you aren't spreading all the oil used to cook on the food, then you can count 1/2 teaspoon in MyFitnessPal I guess.

hey so i decided i might run this program PPxPP since my legs are bigger than upper body thanks to beginning strength training program. So PPxPP with some sprints on off days until my upper is caught up with lower ill start adding in legs with it. So which specific PPL routine would you recommend, obviously i just got off a beginer routine (GSPL) so idk how to design a good routine but is the reddit PPL good?.

how the fuck do i bulk if im lactose and gluten intolerant?

>hey so i decided i might run this program PPxPP since my legs
man. see >legs shouldn't be neglected
I don't even care if you're a T-Rex actually, don't skip legs pls
and after a mere 4 months nothing is "too big" unless you roided hard
I wrote an entire pamphlet about how you're not bound to a strict "Push-Pull-Leg" mentality nor to an "upper/lower" one, but it flew above your head it seems
Revert to reddit and pick any 5 days routine I guess

legumes are both an excellent source of carbs and proteins

all kiiiiiinds o'nutz

How do I get juicy basketball player shoulders?

>legumes are both an excellent source of carbs and proteins
*legumes are an excellent source of both carbs and proteins
and also olive oil

thanks anons, guess ill just eat nuts

Is it normal to feel straight leg dead lifts stretch in the back of my knees when starting out? I want to make sure I'm doing them right.

Just had dinner and want to work out.
How long after eating should I wait to work out?

that nigga has awful insertions
anyway, dumbbell front raises (athlean-x has a nice variant, and imho seated+inclined db front raises is better for beginners, I see too many clueless DYEL swinging dumbbells too heavy for them) with a last set to failure
OHP
incline bench press
face pulls
low row
db lateral raises
if everything else fails, roids

there's a debate on straight leg deadlifts. some say they're safe (exrx), some say they're dangerous (mcgill, also referenced on exrx). Anyway, since you're asking about the "back of the knees" and not the "back", yes, you're supposed to stretch muscles in that area in the starting position

ideally it's best to work out on a empty stomach or when you've completed your digestion, so one or two hours (depending on what you ate)

I need some other non sugar bread to eat for lunch at work. They don't have microwaves or fridges and I don't get long enough breaks to eat out so sandwiches are my only option.

So I read the sticky and I've got a couple of questions remaining. First, if I'm understanding correctly size doesn't contribute to strength and is just for looks. I'm a fat dude, started the year at 320 pounds, currently 295. If I continue to lift while eating less calories than I use obviously I'll continue to lose weight but will that affect the amount of weight I'm able to lift? I'm assuming it won't be an issue for a long time as I have a long way to go but I was just interested to know if there was any correlation between being able to lift a lot and the size of the muscle.

Second question is the for beginners how important is it to lift on non-consecutive days? I want to start working out with someone else so that we both stay motivated but our schedules mean we would have to lift on two consecutive days. Also, should I be able to do bodyweight exercises daily without issues?

Is it a bad idea to do low rep strength training for one muscle and high rep endurance training for another in the same session? I'm pretty convinced it doesn't matter, but I saw the thread so I might as well ask.

I'm 5'8 leaving for basic training on March 27th

I weigh 180 and my recruiter wants me to be at 175

How do i lose 2 lbs/week for the next 3 weeks?

I do ab work every day, but I want to know if I should do said ab work in the morning, or at night as I’m about to sleep?

Do this instead, fellas.

Ive tried several programs be it fullbody, push pull, upper lower format. id like to try some generic "bro" split keeping the compounds heavy maybe some dropset and accessories and isos. what about 4 day chest, back, rest, legs, shoulders+arms?

How does one blow their nose?

I'm 36 and I'm embarrassed to say I cannot blow my nose. I literally don't know the mechanics behind it. It's terrible and I can barely breath through my nose the majority of the time. I've literally never blown my nose. I've tried, oh boy have I tried. It's getting to the point where it's negatively impacting my life. Picking my nose isn't a very good substitute.

How do people can such a good noise out of it?

What is it you cannot do? Just breathe out through your nose but harder. Like you'd do with your mouth if you were blowing up a balloon.

>noise
wat

It's funny you use the balloon example as I can't blow balloons up either

My facial hair growth is weak as fuck and I’m turning 21 soon, will roiding fix this? I don’t think it’s low T as I have wide shoulders, narrow hips, gain muscle easily, hairy asf legs, good jaw and chin, prominent eyebrow bones and chad eyes

My preferred cardio is hitting the heavy bag. Plus, it doubles as therapy

Dude I'm 23 and only get a patchy moustache and a tiny bit on my chin. You're white right?

Sounds like you have very weak lungs if that's the case.

1. Size and strength are tightly linked. How man this big guys do you see that are unable to go heavy? And how’d many small guys can? (Of course there’s exceptions to the rule but as long as you’re not entitle the doing strength training you can go up in size and strength simultaneously)
2. You can train on consecutive days, just do different workouts like push on Monday, pull on Tuesday

Are you me?
It’s just genetics bro, not a whole lot we can do that will change it
Doesn’t even Wally’s matter if you have the typical high t jaw/cheekbones

Yeah I’m white, I grow a shitty thin mixture of vellus and black hairs on my lip, goatee and under chin and cheeks

really*****

You would think that but I was a very good long distance runner for most of my life with a long list of race wins in the military. I remember one fitness test in the army where I had to blow into a tube and some magic happened and it told them some shit about my lungs. I was fucking woeful at it but then I'd go out and smash a 10k race the next day.

My dad has full dark stubble though

HOW DO I STOP GETTING FFUCKING WATER UP MY NOSE WHEN DOING FRONT CRAWL?!

Breath in through your mouth and out through your nose when swimming

I have a few questions:

DOES taking a hot shower ruin progress? If so why is that?

What are some lesser known exercises for getting rid of stomach fat and love handles? I do crunches and side bends with dumbells

Is pain supposed to gradually wane over time? Or am I not pushing myself like I thought I am?

how the FUCK do you people get enough protein and calories? After a year of working out I finally sat down and had a look at what I need to eat. Despite eating meals that fill me up at least three times a day plus smaller meals I still fall way short of what I need. I cannot see myself eating anything else without feeling bloated all the time.

Right... thanks user

Ask him what age he got it at
My dad didn’t shave daily til he was 25
I’m the same even though I’m covered in hair everywhere else

Two scoops of protein with 400ml milk is like >50g protein
Add 80g chicken to all your sandwhiches
Eat 4 eggs (scrambled eggs can be forced down easiest) per day

He said he had full stubble at 21 but he could be e-statting, but then again I’m only just turning 21 so it could just fly on my face all of a sudden I dunno, I have a slight varicocele on my left testicle that comes up from time to time, but mostly it’s not there, maybe that’s the cause

>So Skelly you do passive unholy damage when touched
Peanut butter
Whole milk

When I run a trimmer over it it looks a little stubble but when I let it grow out it’s iust fucking awful

>3x6
>dedicated calf exercise
>no dedidcated delt exercises
>"weighted crunches"
The fact that some retardo made a png doesn't make it a reputable infographic.

Can I do chin-ups on my rest days if I’m not feeling sore or fatigued?

Is this enough volume? I feel like I should be doing more. It's only been 3 or 4 weeks though.

iv ran gslp for 4 months and i think i understand all compound lifts and my strengh is ok but not great i want to do a PPL routine really badly but is it to mcuh volume? what if i make it a 4-5 day routine