/fat/ Consistency is key

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope to make it..
Btw, anyone use FatSecret instead of MFP?

Never heard of it. Is it any good?

Yeah fat secret is pretty good

How are the recipes? That seems to be the key advantage over mfp.

my experince with it was that it didn't have as much food data as mfp, it did the job though.

>cute girls are starting to look at me
>my libido has dropped as much as my weight

>qt I sort of work with (same owner, different companies) sees me for the first time in three months
>compliments me on how much weight I lost.

My dick is a happy camper.

What will pushups and planking everyday with cardio do for a fatfuck, realisticly? Im on a diet and im losing weight with great progress. Im not expecting to look like triple h or anything like that, but will it do anything for me?

have a (you) as well, you deserve it.

Out of curiosity, do any of you losing weight and eating at a caloric defecit experience lower libido or premature ejaculation?

The opposite for me, can't help you with that, might even be totally unrelated to your weight loss.

Libido is a bit higher. Stamina is about the same. CICO and IF 16:8 window.

Were you born a fat, slimy, scumbag puke piece of shit, Private Pyle?!? or did you have to work on it?!?

>meet qt3.14 on tinder
>she's fit, not fake instagram thot fit
>i'm still overweight
>really hit it off with her
>talk, meet up, fuck
>her libido is through the roof
>I've lost a lot of weight but still fat
>she says she's proud of my journey and encourages me, says she was a former /fat/

I feel nice, /fat/

They'll help you retain muscle mass and core strength during your cut. Might raise your BMR a bit, too.

Caloric deficits kill my libido pretty good unless I'm getting some cardio in, especially if I'm just eating "less" with little regard to nutrition.

It definitely has less foods, so you have to add more, but I think there are more features involving macros (i think MFP makes these for premium users)

I started going to the gym a month ago,but I need to lose about 5-6kg

You did it user. She's a keeper, My gf doesn't encourage me to lose weight, she met me when i was fat as fuck. She still with me because she cares about my health more than her physical looks preference.

freaking normiesssssssss

Started at 215, lost 5 pounds in 5 days with ~550 daily calories and no real physical activity. No meat, no carbs, no sugar, no dairy.

>no meat
whats the point of losing weight if youre not lifting

Listen up faggot, you do everything in your power to get fit. Don't slow down because you find a partner/potential partner.

If anything, this girl sounds like she's worth getting fit for. Add her to your list of motivations and keep going strong. I believe in you, dude.

Why do we need two threads? We already have /fast/

because fasting is retarded

Dude at that point just /fast/. It'll be much easier than trying to stick to 500 cal a day for any extended period of time.

Plus I hear it gives you superpowers

>5-6kg
Okay, work out for like 2-3 weeks and eat less. Most people that are actually trying to lose weight lose 1-2.5kgs a week.

Fast needs a place to raid and proselytize don't they?

I just wanted to focus on losing weight first. Lifting will come later, I've got weights and a bench and everything.

this is /fat/, not /r9k/. We're on the same team here user. You're actually on the path of getting a gf without even knowing it.

my 25 pounds of weight loss in the last 8 weeks says otherwise

Fasting is gay as fuck, if you can't keep eating and lose weight at the same time you should just end your life cause you don't have the dedication to actually lose weight and will just rebound into a fat fuck again.

Congratulations, I lost 35lbs in 8 weeks while eating 1500ish calories a day. Its called actually going to the gym.

Actually eating is gay. Eating = shitting = reverse gay sex. Sorry man.

I've always thought I might have low T because I had little to no energy but I've also been fat for 2 decades so it's hard to say.
My nutrition is pretty good but I haven't been doing cardio or lifting. I will give it a try.

i lost 121lbs and never fasted in my life
also i have muscle

Congratulations faggots. I never said that you had to fast to lose weight. You can also spend 4 hours a day in the gym if you want.

most likely something to do with being fat for 20 years. It's never too late, to get healthy though.

maybe you should stop tricking anons to look like dyels and actually get them to get some muscle and do some healthy exercises

Awful thread

>4 hours a day in the gym
Try 2ish hours in the gym. Implying I want to lose my fat if I am just going to be a weak no muscle mass bitch.

>get hornier and hornier the more I lose weight
>tfw still no gf

I've had good progress so far and I'm proud of it but it feels really bad to not have any interest in girls. I still want to make it regardless.

Fasting + resistance training promotes muscle preservation

I'm sure it'll come back. You're going through big changes for your whole system, both physically and mentally. I've never ever heard of someone permanently losing libido due to getting healthier.

The whole point of fasting is to lose more fat and less muscle, you dumb fucking faggot

no it doesnt, if that were true all the stars would fast to get fit and they dont
you never seen some strong guy saying hes fasting

Confess

yeah bro those muscles look great

Yeah your 8 weeks of "progress" looks great bro. Muscles are the same exact size if not smaller.

but reverse gay sex is hetero sex therefore fasting is gay sex

But Intermittent Fasting is sex with a twink in a dress so at most bisexual.

You should look harder.

I might be dyel but I was always one. Fasting didn't make me this way.

>Muscles are the same exact size
Wow it's almost like that's exactly what the goal was.

im not him, but how are you still missing the point this hard? Fasting is decreasing body fat.

>You should look harder.
no actually you should stop believing some retard on youtube trying to sell you his salt water

Yeah decreasing body fat at probably the same rate as someone who just eats less and goes to the gym a decent amount of time each week.

Also that dude that is going to gym the whole time is going to already look built by the time he looses his fat.

since we all know traps are definitely not gay I guess twinks are okay

>guy doesnt lift
>doesnt eat protein
>doesnt eat his fats
>somehow hell keep his muscles because of magical water

Maybe you should actually try to put on muscle instead of losing fat only to look like a dyel kid.

I agree, which is why I'm fasting so I can start bulking in 2 weeks instead of in 2 months. I guess you like playing life on slow mode.

okay now you're baiting.
why have you imposed that? The body prioritize using the fat deposits before breaking down muscle. That's literally why we store fat.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

When did I say I don't lift?

>okay now you're baiting
How much did your lifts go up while fasting?

>I'm fasting so I can start bulking in 2 weeks instead of in 2 months
Or you could have just ate at a large calorie deficit AND lifted at the same time and have probably lost the same amount of fat and gained muscle in the same amount of time.

>In conclusion, our results suggest that the modified IF employed in this study: TRF with 16 h of fasting and 8 h of feeding
>better not eat anything for a month

>large calorie deficit
>gain muscle

Don't think that's how that works mate. I have been lifting for the record.

Since i know former /fats/ and non fats who need encouragement lurk,
How easy was it to go back to maintenance once you "made it"? Im worried the increase of 500 calories will lead me to eating crap. I already eat a bit of chocolate or junk here and there (usually under 150 calories worth) when i know i have an extra 200-400 in my allowance. Did you just increase a bit more meat? I feel like ill be more prone to having extra cereal or another slice of bread or a portion of pasta with my choice of protein and salad/veggies.

Also why do TDEE calculators say the difference between my goal weight (10lbs from now) and my current weight are only 50 calories apart? Is it really that minimal?

I don't know how much more clear i can make this..

The point of fasting IS NOT to gain muscle mass.

Listen if you're after getting stronger then of fucking course fasting isn't gonna do shit for you. It's for getting rid of fat.

It works if you know how to eat, I have been at my deficit of 1000 if these TDEE calculators mean shit and my lifts have been going up no issue (I agree they would probably be faster if I was eating normal) and I am gaining size while also losing overall weight, indicating to me that I am building muscle.

look dude if you wanna believe the guy and read that study wrong and look like those jews in germany its ok, just dont trick people into it
also please do a blood exam cuz youll probably get anemia if you didnt eat anything for 8 weeks

>/fast/ and /thinspo/ invade another thread
Bans fucking when

And if you burn all your fat away and gain no muscle size to make up for the size change you will probably look like you are melting with lose skin.

I didn't literally fast for the whole 8 weeks. I had lots of cheat weekends where I ate like shit. Actually most of it was 24hour IF, eating roughly ~1200 cals a day.

Give me some advice bros
My TDEE is about 2600 and I'm eating around 1500 a day
I'm also lifting on stronglifts and I'm worried my deficit might be too big to effectively gain muscle and strength.
Would I be better off eating at something like 1800 a day, even though my main goal is fat loss rather than muscle gain.
I've just been cutting for so long and it's making me anxious.

hit your fat and proteingoals then you could try rising the carbs up and see if you still lose weight

>lose 7kg
>stay at that weight for a couple of weeks
>gain 5kg back

No no no why is this happening make it stop please I beg you

Why do I not have enough willpower to fast anymore? I used to do 72 hour fasts and now I can barely do 24.

>i call the time between lunch and dinner fasting
this whole discussion was literally for nothing then, you didnt ''fast''

definatly not! Not tricking anyone i hate when people do that, always look into everything said here, i thought that was a given!

I only really have experience with OMAD and shorter 42 hour fasts every now and then. No loose skin, but yes i concede that im afraid of that happening if i do longer fasts.

Fasting doesn't teach you how to control yourself and eat like a normal human being which is why it's so bad for fatties. The honeymoon phase of fasting has ended for you.

Okay now that the Fasting argument is over and was pretty much useless. Is Symmetric Strength (The website with the color coded muscle groups based on your lifts) a meme?

I am only 2 months into lifting while at a 1000 calorie deficit but I went from subpar/untrained to novice/intermediate. Is that normal or are my (((genetics))) just good or something?

>Fasting doesn't teach you how to control yourself

this is absolutly true, id say fasting is for people who already have a grasp.

If you don't learn self-control you're never gonna lose weight regardless.

not who you are replying to but you are not gaining muscle your body is just adapting and acclimatizing to you lifting and you will eventually hit a wall with lifts and will see your numbers decrease

you are not gaining size you are losing fat that is making you more toned

Actually, fasting is great against loose skin
Search about autophagy

Im pretty sure you disgusting fat fucks are interested on that

that's his point, learn control first and then use fasting as a tool, fasting as the tool doesn't teach proper eating habits, it's just one that eats at weight

I started OMAD yesterday after years of binge eating on the reg. To day it's very difficult. I just keep thinking about the Ramen, poptarts, eggo waffles, popcorn, angel food cake, ice cream, eggs, ham and cheese sandwiches I could be eating. I would likely eat all those things if I gave in. How do I stay strong?

By not doing meme-diets.

Guys, I have a question. I'm going to the doctor for this, but I wanted to know if anyone's had a similar issue.

When I walk, my calves cramp horribly. To the point where it feels like someone's trying to pull the muscle out of my lower leg. It varies, but it usually kicks in about 5 minutes after I start walking at a normal pace, and I don't know why. I've heard a potassium deficiency will do that to you, so I've been trying to eat more of those foods, but haven't noticed much of a difference honestly.

My feet get red, like RED... And if I'm walking a lot the veins will be prominent. I have hypo, though, and I think that's one of the symptoms of it. I also have a pit. tumor and pcos if that would tell you anything.

I've been doing low impact exercises, elliptical and all that, but in truth my joints are fine. It's the muscle in my calves, and it translates down to my feet. Anyone get this problem?

>mindlessly ate a whole bag of yogurt coated pineapple today
>looked up the calorie content
>500 calories

There’s another food to add to the list of foods I can’t be trusted around and should no longer buy.

You know, user, if you ever do a binge like that with high sugars and protein (from the yogurt), you should try to go exercise afterwards. Don't do it immediately where you'll throw up, but you can turn that into energy pretty easily.

You didn't need to add that last part, user. We're on the same team.

/fast/ is a bunch of skeletons with eating disorders. Pay no heed to them.

First, make sure that's your SEDENTARY TDEE, none of that "active" or "lightly active" bullshit. Regardless, if you're eating 1500 a day then you're doing good, but it's still worth mentioning.

As for "gaining muscle and strength" that's just not gonna happen while you're on a cut. You could potentially get some noob gains I suppose but your main focus now should be losing the fat and doing your best to maintain your current muscle mass. So even just doing basic exercises and workouts like push ups and basic weight lifting will help. Also, it's of course a good idea to get some cardio in most/every day.

Only other thing I would really suggest is trying intermittent fasting. It's worked really well for me and one of the benefits of fasting (of any kind) on a cut is that it helps you maintain muscle strength as well as avoid loose skin. Just start with a typical 16:8 eating window and see how it feels.

what about the people who post pictures of themselves on /fast/ and look good? I think it can be done correctly, but i agree it's a think line between taking a break from food, and anorexia nervosa.

What's wrong with being fat?

fuck off

Begone el goblino

I'm the opposite, my libido has fucking shot up after losing 100+lbs and I'm aware I look pretty decent now - even get compliments and obvious flirts from women at work.

But, here's the thing, under the clothes, arms look great, legs look great, shoulders look fantastic....but I've still got obvious mantits (greatly reduced thankfully) and my stomach and pelvic region just looks fucking shit because the remaining 20lbs of fat or so are all sitting there.

What's worse is, as I'm losing weight (down to size 34 trousers now, not far off 32) it's becoming obvious that I have a loose skin issue and it's going to look shit no matter what I do, short of somehow getting an ungodly sum of money for surgery.

So, tldr version is - libido is skyhigh, getting interest off women, generally confident and sociable enough to even be successful with them....but I'm not bothering because I know the second they see me naked, they'll probably run a fucking mile.

I know I've earned this. I really do, but fucking hell, it's painful. Got to just keep losing and hope it looks at least a bit better in the future. Sorry for blogpost, had to vent.

It's choosing to be unhealthy and eventually passing on unhealthy traits to your children who has no choice in the matter, and by extent, and entire society will turn unhealthy. Being fat is bad, and the fact we have to explain that to you means things really are going downhill in the world.

I ate 500 calories under my TDEE and feel like I ate 1000 calories over it.