Why do people still believe the myth that eating fat makes you fat?

why do people still believe the myth that eating fat makes you fat?
the us government used to tell people their diet should consist of grains mainly and people became hamplanets.

Other urls found in this thread:

ironguru.com/download-area
healthline.com/nutrition/debunking-the-calorie-myth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that natty? I wish I could get to that level.

Nope

You can be that big (minus the cannonball delts) but you won't be cut or you can be cut but look really small natty

Anyone who's lean and still 3d is not natty

he claimed to be natty, but he was really the first shredded bodybuilder . he realized a high fat diet would make him ripped

Vince has recently become my favorite bodybuilder. Everything he's ever written is available here ironguru.com/download-area but I aint paying for it ($250 for the "bundle"). Any kind Veeky Forums-/g/ hybrid know how to hack the site?

Because fat is the most calorie dense of the macros, so eating a pound of fat is more than twice as fattening (twice as many calories) as eating a pound of carbs. Most people in the U.S. eat too many calories, so telling them to eat low fat is synonymous with telling them to eat fewer calories

>why do people still believe the myth that eating fat makes you fat?

because most people are retarded and totally ignore CICO

>he realized a high fat diet would make him ripped
I read something along the lines of fat being the best fat emulsifier. Eat it and if helps (dissolve?) stored body fat? I'm not a smart man so I have no idea if this makes sense biologically.

healthline.com/nutrition/debunking-the-calorie-myth

Breakfast
>6 Eggs, 1/2 a large avocado, handful of broccoli
Lunch
>5 slices of uncured bacon
Pre Workout
>8 oz coffee with tablespoon of grass fed butter
Dinner
>8oz beef, 1/2 of a large avocado

I have zero health issues and I stay lean and muscular year round and eat all natural foods but a fat ass pre diabetic American doctor will tell me that I need to eat more healthy grains. There is a reason that grain fed cows are twice the size of grass fed cows.

That has no biological basis, so no. The only thing that's going to lower your bodyfat is a caloric deficit

Do you eat this every day? I need an autistic unchanging diet.

Mind posting weight/height? And if you're feeling frisky, a pic?

>grass fed butter
tfw your butter doesn't eat grass

Retard. You think americans just eat rice and got fat, they eat a shitload of fat. Mix the fat with fructose and you get pancreatitis.

>compares protien to a can of soda as if both are "food"
>reddit spacing your article

>pic
I’m already in bed.

I’m a 34 year oldfag, 5’10”, 190 lbs, I used to compete in bodybuilding and used steroids from age 23 to 28. I was 230 lbs at my biggest with sub 8% body fat. Now I focus more on staying lean than gaining size. I’d estimate I’m around 10-12% body fat but I rarely do cardio.

The biggest physical change I’ve noticed since starting this diet 2 years ago is that my 2 herniated discs no longer bother me and my knees no longer hurt when I Squat. And I stay lean without trying. I go off the diet when I travel but I always eat high fat/ low carb and zero wheat. The only supplements I use are vitamins C and D and 600mg of ashwagandha before bed.

Try it out for a month and see if it works.

>but a fat ass pre diabetic American doctor will tell me that I need to eat more healthy grains.

What is with fatasses getting into medical professions and giving health advice?? My sister is roommates with a medical student and the bitch is fat as a god damn whale, and twice as loud and annoying. Last person from whom I'm gonna be taking health advice of any kind.

top kek

fat has more calories per unit of mass than carbs
fat has a lower TEF than carbs
>mfw you think Americans actually eat grains mainly and not just ~3000calories of an unidentified glop everyday

fat is more satiating than sugar though, which is where most obese people get the majority of their calories

wew lad I sounded like a vegan there

I haven't bothered to read the comments in this thread because I know what they're going to be.

I just want to point out that there was an excellent article in Nature recently (the scientific journal) that laid out the case that there never was a "Sugar conspiracy" where Big Sugar tried to convince the american people that fat was the problem. It actually did legitimately just stem from honest research that was unfortunately too unsophisticated at the time to reach the correct conclusions.

So yea. Also we all know how fucking stupid people are, it's the easiest marketing gimmick in the world to put "low fat" on a package and claim that it's good for not putting on fat because of it.

Absolutely delusional. Fast food joints are by far higher in fat than anything else. If you got most of your daily cals from soda, you'd die before getting fat. Every fucking food they eat is fried or has fat added in some form. There is no way that sugar is what obese people get most of their calories from. Fatty, fried food is very high in cals and obviously contributes to weight gain for this reason.

Le ebic me-me

35, 5'9" @ 155
looks like i'd gain weight on that diet even though it seems like less food than i currently eat. Cant imagine myself with 40 more pounds though. Its not like im a stick right now.

I'll give it a try. Cheers

>low fat everything
>they just replace the healthy fats with grody carb filler

Pay an extra X amount for this "healthier" option lmao.

It’s also about your lifting routine. Lifting natural I do (A. Front Squats, Leg Curls, Biceps, Triceps, Calves) and (B. Romanian Deadlifts, Leg Extensions, Chest, Shoulders, Back, Abs) and I alternate workouts on Sunday/ Tuesday/ Thursday. You can do Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday but I liked having my Fridays and Saturdays open for partying when I was in college and it just became a habit. You have to lift less often but hit each body part more often to maximize gains when lifting natural.

Stay on an all natural high fat, moderate protein, and low carb diet while lifting heavy 3 days a week and it will change your body for the better.