Embarrassingly low starting squat weight

Lurked for awhile and read the sticky. When you first started lifting, what weight did you start out at for compound lifts? I’m a skinny twig that’s stuck in auschwitz mode (5’7 110lbs). Gonna start SS tomorrow and gonna be doing GOMAD with it. A couple years ago, I tried to squat using my mates squat rack and I could just about do that. I don’t think I could add any weight. I even tried the bar alone on the bench press and my hands and arms were shaking after 5 reps. He said my form was good but should I get a second opinion? I’m thinking it would be better for me to just do the bar alone for these two movements in my first week just to get good form. Pic related is pretty much what I look like

I started squatting 40kg and now I squat 90kg after 2 months.

I've got long legs and arms so squats
and bench have been fucking hard but I'm making progress.

What is gomad and SS? Also stuck in auschwitz modus. Also newfag.

Mate you're starting, who cares. The biggest hurdle is getting over the worry and paranoia of being judged.

When I started I couldn't 5x5 just the bar for BP. Now I bench 70kg. I know its not a huge amount but from where I started its amazing.

Everyone starts from somewhere and everyone has different genetics. As long as you keep at it though, you will see improvement.

Start with just the bar. Increase by however much per session for each lift. You will be amazed at how quickly you have more than doubled your starting lifts.

i started squatting 40 kgs, squatting 100kgs x 5 atm, gonna try to squat 150 until november.

Man squatting is hard and it's gonna suck but it's amazing how much your legs will grow. And also because getting the form and mobility righ is so hard the feeling you get when you finaly reach 1pl8 2pl8 etc is amazing.

This is encouraging user. I suppose I can just power through the embarrassment of just doing the bar. Hopefully i won’t have to do just the bar for long.
I’ve always wanted to be taller but then I remember that I’m skinny so I would just end up looking worse than I currently do.

It took me about 9-10 months to be able to do 1 pullup or dip. It was embarrassing since my friends would be able to bust out 10-20 per set from the get go.

But i was able to deadlift 275 pounds on my first day. We all have different starting points, for me years of yard work and assissting dad with construction let me at least deadlift a lot more than an average beginner.

You just gotta take baby steps and find something that you feel is fun and will keep you coming back to the gym.

Bodyweight calisthenics and cardio were never fun for me but lifting weights always felt great and kept me coming back to the gym.

Being consistent for years accumulated me more gains than my friends ever got because they keep getting bored and quitting and coming back after months.

Don't worry mate. A regular will notice the weight going on. Doing just the bar and slowly increasing the weight will net you more respect at the gym than ego lifting 60kg on the bench for 4 poor form reps and then walking around with invisible lats

You won't have good form the first time, it just naturally improves the more you do it and you stop shaking.

I also started with just the bar OP, no one cares, just do your thing. I was 5'9" 133lbs, 157lbs now after a cut but I've been as high as 170lbs when bulking. Consistency is key, trajectory is destiny. Good hunting!

5'7 126lbs, started with just the bar (45lbs) for squat, bench, and deadlift.

1RM @ 164 @ 3.5 years training are 370 squat, 225 bench, 405 deadlift

>Not doing JOPBAD!
Not going to make it!

Started bar+25lbs squat. Currently lmao2pl8 (bar+2 45lb plates since you are new). Bench was bar+15. Currently lmao1pl8. Deadlift started 1pl8, currently 2pl8+35.

It's easy to go to the gym. It's hard to keep going to the gym, but it gets easier every time you do.

Yeah well I was 190Lbs at 5’10. Could barely squat 120lbs. Got laughed at literally. Was trying to decide whether to neck myself or come back stronger and meaner and barbelling that cunt.

GOMAD surely can't do much good, what difference is a glass of milk a day going to make? For healthy teeth and bones sure, but lifting? And SS, should beginners really be doing super sets? Seems a bit advanced, doesn't make sense to be completely desu

only people that will judge a beginner for using low weights are ones that are insecure about themselves

I'm 5'10, 185lb, 36 years old, married, with a pregnant wife.
I feel weak af. Realized she deserves better. And so does my future progeny.
Bought a half rack, bar, and some plates online.
Doing SS. Downloaded the app. It sets up the workouts and schedules the weight progression for me, and keeps track of everything.

Even though I can put up much more weight, I opted to start all the training with just the bar at 45lbs. It gives me time to concentrate on doing the movements with proper form.

My point is that everyone starts somewhere. The important thing is that you started. You WILL get stronger if you keep at it. And in a year you'll look back and laugh at yourself for worrying about it.

You have to start somewhere.

get huge m80

day 1 my lifts were
>20kg squat
>30kg bench
>30kg ohp
>70kg dl

been lifting for 1.5 years now. lifts are
>220kg squat
>120kg bench
>dont ohp
>190kg dl (shit I know)

good luck lad :)

This.

As has been said, the issue is the paranoia. In reality, as long as you're not an asshole, no one will care.

I don't really understand how people can have dl weaker than squat. Is it because of grip and you just don't use straps?

hehe

I can hook grip and use straps for volume so grip is a non-issue. Im just biomechanically build to squat, not so much dl

Im starting now with 40 kilos and can do like 20 squats, 12 with overhead lift.

you can do 40kg for 12 reps on ohp? or am I miss reading?

Also read the fucking sticky

Hey user, how many times per week did you workout?
I started squating with dumbbells 7 kilos each now Im at 15 kilos each after like 3 months.

>pendlay 20kg
>ohp 20kg
>bench 40kg
>squat 40kg
>diddly 80kg

OP, listen to me you son of a bitch. I'm 5'7, 133lbs, builtfat mode. I started StrongLifts around February 16, squatting only the empty bar. Fast forward today, I squatted 37.5kg. That's 17.5-fucking-kilos in just two weeks. I'll be squatting 1pl8 March 28 if my calculations are right. Stop being a pussy and do your workout, eat big, sleep and rest, hit your macros daily.

Pic related is my SS after today's workout. Two weeks ago almost every muscle group was subpar, yet now I'm making gains. Stop being a pussy and do it, I believe in you!

"Embarrassingly low" pfff stop with that shit already no one cares how you start, they'll be mirin' after three months. They won't believe you're the same skelly that could barely hold the bar.

Dumbbells

>133lbs
>built
>fat
lmao wot u twink

You arent stuck at 110. You just dont eat. If you ate 3 normal meals a day youd be atleast 140. Eat dude, fuck clean, eat anything and everything you can stand to eat. Worry about cleaning up when youre 160lbs, till then literally stuff your face from when you wake up till you fall asleep. You have an eating disorder being this small. Yes do the compounds, start with starting strength. The bar is fine to start with, but add weight. Work on form while working with the light weight youll be using for first month. Your lifts will skyrocket now that youre feeding yourself. Seriously dude, just keep the fork going into your mouth. Eat till youre about to puke, then wait an hour and start eating again. You are unhealthy skinny dude.. You can easily gain 40lbs and be a normal weight in 3 months if you fucking eat.

Ss started on dec 4th..

Last ss i took of journal, got to 2 pl8 squat before i took 2 week vacation visiting my dad. Back at 210 squat now...

Eat and do the program.

Me day i started beginning of dec at 140lbs

Me at end of jan at 155

Me last week at 165.. 25 lbs in 3 months and my lifts keep going up. Eat and do the program dude it fucking works.

It's true, I have that mesomorph body form. Thicc legs and core, arms are kinda twigs but getting better. I'm done cutting, gonna bulk back to the original 155 pounds I add, then cut again and then bulk to 160-165

lad youre delusional. post your body right now

OP here. Thanks all. I appreciate everyone’s words of encouragement. Gonna keep a log of pictures and stats. Will post here in 3 months. If my progress.

Fine. Be honest tho, if I am delusional then I'm just going to start eating even more. I converted my height, 171cm, to burgerpoints and it's 5 feet 7 2164 if it makes a difference.

I mean, it's not a body to be proud of yet, only been at it for three weeks, but I lost 9kgs since november and people told me it was enough. I can't see "skinny twink" on it, tho. But maybe I'm delusional, you tell me.

yeah youre skinnyfat

So they say. Gonna bulk and deal with the eventual fat gains, right now I need some muscle on me.

>built fat
>built
Lol. Youre small and pudgy dude get real.

I'm 6'3, with freakish long legs compared to torso, and slightly scoliotic.
Started with 30-40kg, stalled at 70/75 kg for months until my body adapted and found my stance.
Now I'm at 100kg for reps (8x3) after 1.5 yrs lifting and I'm happy with it.

Deadlift is 180kg for 4.

Like I said, only been lifting for three weeks. Hopefully I'll be bigger by this year's end. I was simply trying to cheer up OP.

Take this advice from a tall skelly that pretty much started with nothing
It doesnt matter user within a month it will be a massive difference between npw and a month or two
>first month i could barely do 30 lbs because fucking weak
>2-3 month i was doing about 130lbs
Its still fucking shit but within 4 months i expect 180-200lbs at this rate tbqh

>no legs
>no chest
>noodle arms
>no core definition
>saddest shoulders on planet earth

"""built-fat"""

I'll prove you wrong in a year faggot mark my words

you fucking better, you manlet scum.
you can make it but only if you work your ass off, and stop being so delusional.

Youll definitely get bigger in 9 months dude.

Aye aye sir. Working out 3x a week on progressive overload and eating like a bloat disciple.

>Not doing JOPBAD and GOMAD
Never going to make it!

Your nervous system is not used to these movements, it's like writing with your non dominant hand, you have the strength and capability but not the muscle memory. It'll take a few weeks for the shaking to stop

What kind of assholes were laughing at you?

That doesn't mean you're built fat you dumb fuck

WHAT???? MY BENCH STARTED AT 30, Dl at 50, ohp 15, AND SQUAT AT FUCKING 70???
?????
kg btw

I looked at one of those "mode" pics and built-fat was the closest-looking, chill the fuck out. There's potential at least, I'm lifting weights at least.

Don't ever be embarrassed if you need to lift light, it's more important you nail form before you move up weights, cos you don't want to injure yourself lifting heavy with shit form and having to stop/deload your squats till you recover.
It's an awful feeling
Plus I'd much rather see someone squat low weights well past parallel, than someone lifting "heavy" with 1/8 reps

Tfw bench more than squat

OP I feel you, I think if we train squat more than not at all it will all be ok

Stop half squatting.

>5pl8 squat after 1,5 years
yeah I'm not buying it

The issue is he didn't say what his actual max lifts were. He listed what he was able to lift on his first day before his body knew how to lift weight. For all we know the dude worked on a farm and was already built and just doesn't know how to use it.