/fat/ Food can be tasty and healthy for you

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread:

Fat here. I’ve gone from 240 to 210 in high school but now.... I got really depressed in 2017 and now I’m all the way up to 290. How do I stop this? Obviously eating less, I love working out and I’ve done a ton of research so that’s not the issue, I just keep getting that mental hunger, like an addiction, “forcing” me to eat. I’ve recently realized this so I’m trying to wait until I’m only physically hungry but clearly I’ve been fucking up for a long time so I don’t know what to do.

You have to replace bad habits with healthy habits. That's the only way. You have to train yourself to not eat as much. It's a behavioral impulse so you need to use behavioralism to undo it.

Are you using a calorie counter like MFP? It can sometimes be helpful to know mentally you've had enough calories so you can tell your hunger to bugger off.

As for other coping mechanisms I tend to use are drinking water/tea/coffee or just making myself busy until lunch time.

To continue the crockpot/one pot dishes. I recommend prawn gumbo.

-fry some veg till a little soft (I use leek, carrot, okra and a pepper)
-throw in some Cajun garlic and chili and Cajun spice mix
-followed by a mix of stock and a dash of fish sauce
- half a tin of chopped tomatoes
-leave to simmer for 20 mins, then add a little brown rice and leave until rice is tender
-throw in your prawns and turn off the heat.

Barely any prep or work, one pot, takes less than an hour to be ready and easily tinkered with for your specific needs.

I'm skinnyfat , should I cut till skelly or try to build muscle now ?

Spicy foods in general are a good bet to get a ton of flavor and still be low calorie. You replace sugar with peppers and you're already winning the battle.

Not to blogpost, but I've been really stalling lately. In the last year, I went from 250 burgerunits to 170, but since Christmas I've plateaued hard.
I'm 21 years old, in my last semester of college, just at midterms and about to go on spring break... and it's hard to motivate myself to eat less.
All I can think about is that I can eat as clean as I want after graduation but I should live it up while I'm here.
I've been tracking everything in MFP, and eating clean and staying under calorie totals/within macros during the daytime... but before bed, my motivation vanishes and I throw back half a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
It's still around or just barely over my TDEE, but it's so frustrating.
Anyone have any willpower tips? I've been occasionally throwing out the junk food, but my roommates keep buying more, and it's impossible to talk to them about it -- one has a family history of food same/eating disorders and is annoyingly touchy about it, which makes them a gains goblin in every sense of the word.

*food shame

but you know.

How fat are you

I have a small belly and fat thigs , but I'm at goal weight

You're rewarding bad behavior with positive reinforcement. That's why diets are so tricky. Doing the wrong thing gets rewarded by the very thing you're doing wrong. You need to figure out ways to associate doing the right thing with other forms of positive reinforcement. Do something that makes you happy when you conquer that urge. Treat yourself to new clothes, buy a new video game or other piece of entertainment, jerk off. Anything that you can associate positively with eating nothing when you want to eat that terrible ice cream. You have to think "Because I didn't get that terrible ice cream I'm getting this awesome thing or experience instead and I like it better anyways."

This, except replace this consumerism bs:

>Treat yourself to new clothes, buy a new video game or other piece of entertainment, jerk off.

with something halfway productive, like reading, creating art or music or studying.

What's your goal weight? 170 seems pretty low for wanting to lose more weight

>productive meme

Are fat burners ok to use or it's just a meme to trick desperate people into buying them?

He literally has to get a hit of dopamine in order to work. A spike above what normally occurs during the day. You get that when you discover a new song or retread an old beloved song, finishing that art piece and feel satisfied for doing it. or get to a rewarding part in that book. You're not wrong but you have to get a feeling from it.

Keep your muh establishment muh productivity shit to yourself

I'm a 5'9" femanon. My goal for right now is 160, but I may bump that down to 155 or lower depending on how I look when I'm there. I've been lifting for a year, so at least some of that weight is muscle, but I still have a lot of fat on my hips/thighs/upper arms, as well as tons of loose skin on my stomach that I really don't want to get surgery for.

Considering I've never heard anyone talk about them here I'm going to guess they're a shitty daytime talk show tier meme that only stupid middle aged women buy into.

How much muscle are we talking? You might just need a little more
You're tall for a girl but surgery might be your only option for your loose skin but you should absolutely get to your goals and try to gain some muscle before you think about loose skin, in my opinion.
I've heard fasting can take care of some loose skin but I don't trust meme shit like that, best to wait until there are some serious studies done. Ronny B. Always said: "Never take advice from some asshole on the radio"

cut first!!! its better to look like shit a couple months than a whole year bulking when you already have fat to begin with. also the less body fat the more muscle you gain when bulking
i started bulking while skinnyfat and now regret it

In what way is reading more productive than video games

6ft grown ass man at 80kg/176lb here. Also been lifting for nearly a year. Still got quite a bit of fat to cut, might wanna set your sights higher.

You become more intelligent

No you don't.
Unless you're reading educational non-fiction in which case it becomes learning and not leisure.

OPEN BOBS

I always see those things in health shops and they almost always contain some variant of concentrated green tea and caffeine. I'd just look into research on the individual components of it to make your mind up.

I also noticed cider vinegar capsules but with no explanation of any purported health benefits on the packaging etc.

I think health shops are happy to sell meme shit without any proven basis but cover their ass by making no claims about the product

Lost 100 pounds, 80 to go, platueing like a mother fucker reeeeEEEEEE

Do a re-feed week, that's when you think of feeding and then reee instead.

>I think health shops are happy to sell meme shit without any proven basis but cover their ass by making no claims about the product
That's because there's a big mark up for selling common items for a specialty. It's more marketing and placebo than effect when you buy it as medicine.

>lost 100 pounds
How long did it take you?

How do I maintain willpower and discipline when anytime a serious setback occurs in my life (which is often) I can't help but want to eat to deal with stress?

Started June 2016, got to 100 lost at the end of this February. Slower than I anticipated t b h f a m

I've heard of a refeed day isn't a week excessive? Also is it a meme?

>I can't have fun unless I'm reading fiction books!

Sad worldview

>cut calories
>hit macros
>still drink the diet carbonated jew

How do I quit.

Please tell us what you read for fun, oh enlightened and sublime individual!

>SW: 301.6
>Today's weight 168.6
We're all gonna make it. It'll be 2 years the 26th.

>novels don't inspire ideas

Some people go cold turkey. I weened for a few days on Gatorade then just stuck to water ever since. Your mileage may vary but you have to try.

scare yourself over the fact that you could die any day now from your arteries getting clogged, it's great motivation desu.

>but videogames do

I didn't even realize that was the argument.
Vidya can inspire ideas or teach, so can books.
a lot don't so you need to pick and choose what you're consuming if you want to better yourself.

It is autistic if i bought a treadmill to make exercise?

I am way to afraid of the people of the gym. I have been using it everyay and i put it next to my bed so i feel guilt if i dont use it.

Damn, if only there was some surface on which you could walk or run for free near your house, you could save so much money. Bummer.

Ay don't shit on the guy for at least trying

Up to you how you spend your money. I might look in to one eventually, I like running outside but it has been fucking cold in the mornings and summer days can get hot as fuck here. Just make sure you use it God damn it.

What's for dinner tonight my big boned famalam?

They're just a marketing scam. Caffeine might make you a little twitchy and therefore burn a few more calories, but not much.

Salmon and cauliflower-cheese.

>tfw big boned and fat
>tfw losing weight makes me look like a chad

I've been having some weird weight loss lately. I eat at 500-700 deficit and it has been consistent weight loss until last few weeks

>192
>no weight loss for a week
>187 randomly
>no weight loss for 8 days
>182 today

and by this i mean i go check that morning and no loss then go to bed and wake up to this 5 pound lighter weight, doesnt fluctuate higher after that

Third day of counting calories! Time for another blogpost! Ahaha~

Breakfast:
>Quark: 44 kcal
>Honey: 64 kcal
>Muesli: 211 kcal
>Glass of milk: 53 kcal
Total: 372 kcal

Workplace snack:
>Protein bar: 178 kcal

Lunch:
>Pulled turkey sandwich: 227 kcal
>Pea soup with sausage: 245 kcal
Total: 472 kcal

Dinner:
>200g of potatoes: 166 kcal
>200g of leak with salt and lemon juice 44 kcal
>Two pieces of chicken thigh: 214 kcal
Total: 414

Fruit:
>500g grapes: 375 kcal

Grand total: 1811 kcal

I did a bit worse than yesterday, but I'm still a solid 400 kcal or so below my TDEE. I'm still losing weight, that's good news.
In regards to my breakfast, my opinion is unchanged: as soon as I finish my muesli, I'm buying a less calorie dense alternative.
The workplace snack helped satiate my hunger until lunch, but it's a bit too calorie dense as well. Maybe I'm better off just having an apple.
Lunch was a fluke. Usually my workplace serves lighter soup, pea soup tends to be pretty calorie dense.
Dinner was fine... I think.
As for fruit, holy shit grapes have a lot of calories! I'm better off sticking with pears or switching to apples.

The next few days are gonna be challenging. I'm staying with my mom for a bit, so I'll have less control over what I eat.

Any other comments you guys have? I hope I'm not getting annoying, it's just that sharing my progress motivates me a little extra. Especially when it's good news.

It's the best. I'm still a fat fuck who's still like 70 lbs overweight but it's distributed in a way that makes me look jacked when I'm wearing nice clothes. Honestly this is the main reason I want to lose weight and bulk cleanly. I need to turn the lie into reality. I'm not going to waste this skeletal structure.

Already ate. Had a big pre-fast meal which was made up of 2 chicken thighs, 3 hard boiled eggs, a hunk of cheese, some sauteed spinach with red pepper flakes, a mandarin orange, and some green tea.

(You)
Can you help me guest how many fats and proteins have pic related aprox per 100g ? Cant find anything on internet and im afraid of a bad calculation of kcal in my cut, I know the difference can be very little but i want to be the more precise possible, thanks

I can't tell if calculators are fucking with me or not.

I've gotten numbers between 2400 to 2300 for my tdee. Even so I still feel like I can't make any progress if I eat more than 1600 on my cut.

Am I screwing myself? I've been stuck at 178 lbs for like a month now while shooting for 1800 calories per day. I've recently gotten more strict about my intake but am looking for any advice on what I may be doing wrong here.

>honey
>potatoes
>"""protein""" bar (80/20 carb/protein ratio, check label)
>2 chicken thighs being 214 calories, probably ate the skin

not gonna make it til you get that poop food out of here

You're not getting annoying. The dedication to these write ups is a very, very good thing. Personally I'd cut back on the sugars but you're doing fine otherwise. Protein bars in particular are basically candy bars with some protein powder depending on what brand they are.

Of course my opinion might be skewed as a ketofag. Chicken thighs sound perfectly alright to me but they could be shit for you considering the fat/protein ratio. I also really want to tell you to cut the cereals but that's my own personal bias.

Enjoy being a consumerist materialist blue pill.

Video games take skill but unless you are a pro gamer, streamer or game developer they can be a huge timesink. Reading makes you more learned on subjects and stories, and though video games do too, you forget that reading is also a skill and is, for now, until VR really picks up, a more utilitarian skill than playing video games.

I use the honey to make my quark palpable. I keep it under 1 tablespoon so it's not that bad at 64 kcal, right?
What's so bad about potatoes? At 166 kcal for 200g you can clearly do worse as far as carbs go, or am I wrong?
I wholly agree on the protein bar. I'll try something better to fill the gap between breakfast and lunch. I need something low in calories, high in protein and easy to carry around.
As for the chicken thighs, they were skinless. Maybe the calorie checker I use presumes the skin is still on there. Guess that means I'm overestimating the calories, which I don't mind.

What alternatives do you suggest for honey (as a flavorant for my quark) and potatoes? Or do you think I should just cut carbs out of my dinner entirely?

Yeah, I'm not going to repeat the protein bar. As soon as I finish the muesli bag it's also disappearing from my diet. It's 211 kcal I'm adding there for no real reason because I'm going to get hungry before lunch anyway. I guess I'm just too stingy to throw the bag away. I really hate wasting food.

we wuz chads n shit

No I was saying it was low if you ate the skin, still seems kind of low to me. Google says 206 calories per chicken thigh without skin. If you need to use sugar to eat something just replace it with something better. Avoid sugar completely. potatoes are very filling for about an hour then you're looking for something else to eat, better off eating another chikkin thigh

Don't be a fucking idiot. That treadmill will cost you as much as (or more than) a gym membership for just ONE of the hundreds of pieces of equipment a gym has. Man up and sign up. You know it's the better choice.

I'm scared of eating more and I've only eaten 100 calories today.

>lost 50lbs
>starting to get attention from random men
>some middle aged man came up to me in a parking lot the other day, told me I was beautiful and asked for a hug
>I say thanks but no thanks
>he pouts at me
>I beeline for my car just in case

Tips on broadcasting I'm a lesbian now that I'm no longer fat and disgusting?

poast tids

Started at 215, 6'2 in December.

Stepped on a scale to check this morning, 193.8. Feels good man. But I have another 8 pounds to go before I start putting on muscle

If you hate eating just fast instead. Of course if you're actually eating every day only eating 100 calories is not recommended whatsoever.

Do you start building muscle before or after you lose all the extra weight?

>was wearing 2XL
>they're getting so loose theyre starting to fall off me
>measure my waist (really my hips)
>40 inches
>XL will probably be too big in another couple of weeks
>Large is probably too small right now
reeeeeeeeeeee

>is it a meme
Nope. It just doesn't have much to do with *fat* loss.

See, you're plateauing for one of two reasons: either your intake currently matches your maintenance, or your fat loss is matched by a gain... elsewhere.

If you cut calories aggressively, that elsewhere is water (mostly). That's because of a quirk of the body's hormonal responses to a caloric deficit. Another component of this is thyroid hormones dropping, which would reduce your BMR, but that's a bit more contentious.

Point is, you refeed at maintenance so that your body gets off the crazy hormonal train that builds up over the deficit, you start shedding retained water -> pounds drop off the scale until you go down to normal hydration levels and see the normal body composition weight after fat loss.

Same thing actually happens when you restrict carbs heavily, since storing carbs takes up water - that's why people starting keto or starvation diets have such crazy huge weight loss in the first few weeks which tends to yo-yo back on just as fast.

Looks good, friend.
Yes, staying with parents can be a real challenge. I’ll be spending this upcoming weekend with mine, but luckily my mom usually lets me cook or at least have a say on what she cooks when I visit.

During. Can't let this energy reserve and big frame go to a complete waste.

probably after, but dont quote me on that
my goal is to get my bmi down to a respectable level and then shift gears to maintain it while gaining muscle

I feel you so hard I've lost enough weight that underwear starts to fall off from walking but I'm right at the cusp of another size change....

hope you unironically fail all goals you set for yourself

It always goes like that for me. It’s nice seeing a big drop, but would really prefer if it was more steady. When you’ve gone seven or eight days without any change on the scale, your motivation can falter a bit.

I was wearing size 38 jeans and they were falling off me so I switched to 36 and same thing month later, 34 now 32 and I can pull 2-3 inches of the waistline from my gut. I don't know what's going on my upper body is still obese

Shouldve bought an elliptical

Being too small for XL but too big for L was the most simultaneously discouraging and encouraging part of my weight loss. Being able to fit into a L at all felt great, but I didn't look particularly good in it. It's been a few weeks and my new shirts fit just fine. The coat I bought even hangs a bit now. The XL coat I bought for the winter last year is a fucking parachute on me now when it fit perfectly before I started losing weight.

Just power through man.

this. after wearing XL for 10 years I was finally able to fit into a Large last month, never going back bros. Air dry your shirts though because if that shit shrinks you're ded

Many people will have many different opinions about stuff like potatoes. I’ve been losing a lot of weight while eating loads of pasta and risotto. I eat it because I love it and because I can easily fit it within my caloric limit.
Stuff like broccoli, kale, cabbage etc. are obviously better alternatives to your starches generally, so for many meals I’ll have that as my side instead of potatoes or pasta, but I’ll never give up meals where pasta is the main ingredient, just cut back on them a bit.

I’m there right now. XL shirts and sweaters are a bit too big, but L is still just a bit too tight.
Same issue with trousers. I have wide hips and a fat ass still, but my thighs and calves are pretty slim, so nothing really looks good on me right now.

publish biddies

Pink short hair works like a charm

>got some shirts as a present from my grandmother 3 years ago
>they didn't fit
>still kept them thinking 'maybe someday...'
>try out those shirts again after working out for 3 months
>i can finally wear them
brvhs...

>need a snack, low in calories high in protein and easy to carry.

Beef jerky or biltong

You fucking made it bro
Congrats senpai
Now don't rest on your laurels or go fuck it all up

>broadcast I'm a lesbian

Shave the side of your head and get a septum piercing. And now every time a man speaks look at him with a mixture of contempt and deep seated fear.

Cada 100gr máximo 150 calorías. Lo que más importa es cómo lo cocines. Acordate que cada gramo de grasa son 10 calorías. Si lo hacés asado, chorrea grasa y no la consumís. Si lo hacés tipo guiso, queda toda adentro.

Creo que el corte con menos grasa de los que dice en tu pic es babilla pero si no los sabés reconocer vas a estar medio a ciegas igual. Redondeá calorías para arriba para asegurarte de no pasarte, va a ser medio imposible calcular perfectamente.

>american accents

>day one
>eat 750 calories
>day two
>weight 6 lbs less

hory shit

Are beachbody's programs decent? Was thinking of doing body beast because it has a heavier lifting focus than their other routines. Would that work for fat loss pretty well? With a calorie deficit of course

I lost 80lbs a while back then gained 20 by falling back into my fatty ways. I've lost 6 of those recently and it feels great to be back on track.

>eat 750 calories
What did you eat, just a salad and nothing else all day?

Look, guys, a landwhale!

Let's point and laugh at it.

>I'm a lesbian

No such thing, you just need a good dicking.