>move to benchpress because it doesn't have a mirror in front of it
>I can only lift the bar
>get discouraged, move to pull up bar
>do 3 pull ups before nearly falling off the damn thing
>defeat.jpg
>mfw I bike back home
>mfw I change out of my gym clothes
>mfw I make this post

What's the point of lifting if I'm just going to be a low test beta fag anyway? I had just gained confidence in myself this past week and now its all gone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well with that attitude you will always be a low test beta fag. fucking quit then, why do you even lurk here?

What's the point staying home if I'm just going to be a low test beta fag anyway?

You lurked this board for a year before you even started lifting and then once you finally went to the gym you didn't even have a fucking routine planned out. I promise you are even more hopeless than you think.

But seriously I'm actually in awe. You lurked here for a year and you don't know a single routine? What the fuck were you doing this whole time? Just shitting up the board?

youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA

>not doing body weight exercises at home to get a base before going to the gym

Get a brofessor

Well I guess I should have rephrased that, I started lurking this time last year, but stopped at June, took a break, and now ive been back here for a week or two. Also how would I shit up the board if ive just been lurking?

>look in mirror
>slap self in the face
>decide to try properly this time
>read the God damn sticky
>??????
>profit

I started like you. Got motivated by zyzz and started going to the gym as a 175cm 55kg kid and couldnt even do the lowest weights on the bicep machine. Just keep going man i gained 10 kg since then and i got pretty strong. At least i can do 90kg squats and 70kg bp which really isnt Impressive but better than before

>go again in two days
>do 11 minutes of curls
>benchpress the bar + 5lbs
>do 4 pull ups
>hate yourself a little bit less

Getting out of betaness takes time and hard work. Get a decent routine, stick to it and one day you will look in that mirror and realize that somewhere along the way you made it.
Good luck

Watch a youtube vid of someone working the muscles you want to and take 3 exercises and do them.
Going to the gym puts you ahead of 50% of fit, being able to do a pull up is better than 80%.

You lift to kill that man in the mirror. I still see my skeleton self when i was 18, even though im beestung now. Lift to destroy that which you hate.....yourself.

t-thanks anons, i'll keep going and trying my hardest

OK, keep going then
Nothing more to say

>bicep machine

Just go out an beat that beta fag inside of you , you ve got nothing to lose, so stop crying and become the man you always wanted to be
Get some routines on this board or just use Google or YouTube

Of course you're gonna be weak as fuck the first few times working out. Learn the lifts and their correct form first, then you can go do a routine and whatever. If you can muster up the balls to talk to a few other gym goers you'll feel better about yourself. Or they might just come talk to you if they're particularily friendly. Either way, keep going and you'll progress.

>What's the point of lifting if I'm just going to be a low test beta fag anyway? I had just gained confidence in myself this past week and now its all gone.
Not true, I made significant gainz to my confidence after lifting, you just have to stay persistent. And trust me when you start to see your progress in the mirror and realize you've done it through your own grit and determination, you'll start to get a warm feeling inside of "i can do this."

Stop being a sad cunt, we're all gonna make it brah

Everyone has to start someone user, you are only a betafag if you give up.

All right, listen up man. No, not a defeat. you managed to bring yourself to the gym for the first time, that's a step in the right direction. Give yourself some credit for that.

Me and pretty much everyone else here started as a skeleton or fatass and went through several awkward gym sessions having no idea what we were doing before it felt normal.

Let it go and head back again tomorrow or the next day while you have the ball rolling. This time pick a nice, relaxing routine so you know what you're doing and get a feel for the gym. Get yourself familiar with it so it feels more comfortable and natural.

Also, no one cares how much weight you lift. Everyone is concerned about themselves and focused on their workout, own lives, and on their phone.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and hating yourself man. Imagine how good you'll feel in 3 months of going to the gym and accomplishing something.

Everyone starts somewhere. Think about all the progress you'll have made after a few months of following a good program.

I used to be an awkward, insecure skeleton too. Just focus on improving. You can learn not to be awkward and improving your body just takes time.

3 pulls is pretty good for a 1st time.. I could only do 1 and it felt like my arms were falling off...
keep going it gets better

You can do it mate, like 90% of us started out feeling awkward as shit and realized we were weaker than we thought. You just gotta push through the feeling of being awkward because no one at the gym really gives a shit. If you can push yourself once enough to get yourself there you know you have it in you to do it again

Post in CBT! Keep the pictures to see progress. If no progress, ask for help. Eat right too.

The first step to solving a problem is realizing you have one. You got through the first step keep going

>Can only bench the bar but can do 3 pullups
Whut?
I can bench 60kg, but can't do a single pull up

Found the fatty!

OP is a skeleton. You could do pull-ups to if you weighed 117lbs

we all start somewhere, OP
just gotta keep at it
you'll make it

The secret to getting good at anything user is figuring out how to NOT be bad at it. It takes time and a lot of effort, but know that you've taken a very important first step. Always keep in mind user fitness is a lifestyle change for the rest of your days, not a 6 month ordeal. Slow and steady wins the race and all you have to do is keep trying.
So proud of you for going to the gym user, i promise keep going and in a month it won't be nearly as frustrating for you.
Nothing worth doing will ever be easy

Go in with a plan and execute that plan. Research a routine and stick to that goddamned routine. Don't you dare go to the gym and mope and cry because you feel lost. Find yourself, stop being a faggot, and do it. WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRAH

How do you fall off a pull up bar? Also, being able to do a pullup is good if you're DYEL.
Just keep going instead of drowning yourself in your own self hatred and sorrow.. Jesus. You know the cure is to just keep going right? Eventually you'll get used to it and won't give a shit that you look out of place because buddy, eventually, with a routine, you'll be IN place! WOAH.

It was your first time going.
You have to give yourself more of a chance than just this 1 time. You did the hardest part already, you took that first step and confronted your own weakness. It's good to know that you are weak, it means that you can improve. It's better than being simply delusional about how amazing you are or w/e.
Now it's about developing a routine.
Don't just wander into the gym not knowing what to do. Decide what you want to do before you get there then go do it.
You mentioned that you are a skellington so I'm assuming that you are interested in gaining mass. You should do compounds. Start out with 1 or 2 movements until you are comfortable with them, then expand from there.

You're mindfucking yourself. In a way this is a really stupid kind of narcissism. Your insecurities don't matter. Every other faggot at the gym started at zero. Quit being a pussy and man up.

It makes me sad to see how sad you guys are. I just want you guys to be happy.

Underrated comment

>had to lurk for an entire year before trying exercise

Never gonna make it

Chin up cowboy

Back to r9k faggot

Don't be a sad cunt mate, be a sick cunt.

Nothing worth having requires no work, you'll never improve if you don't work at it.

It's tough love, but realize you're wallowing in your own self pity, and that there are people out there that are horribly disfigured, missing limbs, or don't have a fully functioning brain. You might not have the greatest hand ever dealt, but you also don't have the worst. You also have the ability to work towards having a better hand.

Two weeks ago I had a revelation that in most situations, the only thing that will stop someone from better themselves and their life is excuses.

Don't make excuses. Get your ass in the gym and work towards being the best version of you.

>3 pullups
I cant even do 1

Keep at it you pussy. Do you think Rome was built in a day? Get back in that gym and keep fucking lifting, you're gonna make it.

could hardly lift the bar when i started now im reppin 225, stay consistent reguardless of how bad it may seem. It gets better.

Fucking this man. Everyone has to start somewhere. Keep fucking going.

>if I'm just going to be a low test beta fag anyway?

As you gain weight and muscle your confidence will also go up.

I suggest you make make gaining weight your first priority and getting strong your second

This, no point in starting a routine if you cant lift the barbell and rely on your bones to lift heavy shit.

You dont walk in a gym and become an instant legen. Shit takes time, dont worry about the weight the first month, just get your body used to the exercise. Maybe try getting a gym partner so you dont lose motivation.

>this gave me a laugh, but theyre right. you have to start somewhere, even if its not that much. Your only failure is when you give up.

>What is 'asking the staff for decent recommendations for 500' Alex?