I lift and learn at uni. I have close family and even closer friends. I stay up feeling alone...

I lift and learn at uni. I have close family and even closer friends. I stay up feeling alone, as if a girl would fill the void when I know she wouldn't be able to. I have nothing to give my life meaning, nothing to live for. I'm not talking suicide, I'm just empty. I'm not religious, it doesn't work for me, but I'm envious of those who can find motivation through it. I can't find a job better than a shitty minimum wage one since those are the only ones that don't require previous experience. I don't know where to go. I've considered military, just to see if I can find some form of place for myself in the world. I need help guys. Lifting has helped me find something I love, but it's not something I find myself doing forever. It's not who I am. I love to do it to improve my body, but my body doesn't define my identity and I'm having trouble to find that one thing that I want to strive to be the best I can be at. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O89o7Q2w_zk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=O89o7Q2w_zk
You just described my life down to a T.
I don't even know what to major in, I have no genuine interest in anything.

you are destined for

Have you tried joining a sports team? I'm in the same place as you except i'm in the rugby team and its basically the only thing that I like doing. Lonely,classes are gay as fuck,no gf but I have something to look forward to 3 times a week

A relationship with Jesus Christ would help you.

I'm in the marching band here, but have nothing outside of the season. I'm trash or am just uninterested at a lot of sports that are in the spring. I used to fight, BJJ and some kickboxing ever now and then, and that was fucking great but there's no place on campus that facilitates it

>"Just bee urself dude"

Maybe you should check out the local mosque

Look for somewhere off-campus
I'm a unifag too and I go to a great Muay Thai gym downtown

There are two options. One is you try to live the narrative that's been fed your whole life: you are special and there exists (or should exist) one particular job that you are a perfect fit for.

The other is to realize that Industrial Society and its Future (aka the Unabomber manifesto) is mostly correct about the feeling of directionless in our heavily tech-based society -- the manifesto is wrong/off about some other things, particularly its conclusions, but it was right in its observations and most of its predictions. You might ask why I'm bringing this up: that sense of a loss of direction/meaning is the core of the manifesto's subject matter.

Find something else that you can work through a learning curve. Any hobbies that you've thought about trying?

He tried to warn us

Are there seriously no sports teams at your uni? Don't have to join a sport you've played before, could be any sport that looks fun. If there is literally nothing at your school than join a BJJ/MMA/boxing gym nearby

How would you show me the way? I used to go to a Presbyterian Church but I never truly believed.
No. I'm definitely prejudiced towards Islam, however you may feel about that, but that isn't changing anytime soon.

I've always liked Magic: The Gathering, but I can't stand 90% of the people that play it. I've only found like two people I can go against and not want to hang myself talking to. They judge me because I lift, so a lot think I must be dumb.

What are you studying in uni? Do you like it?

Alright, you want some help? Open your favorite text or spreadsheet software.

Make a table. As the rows, write down any activities, hobbies, projects or areas of knowledge that you'd like to do, or improve yourself on, that you can think of. I mean everything. From joining the military to gardening.

As the columns, you list the spheres of your life you want to see improvement on. You want off minimum wage? Make that column and select the activities that will improve your CV, further your training, or that will indirectly help in the job market (like something that helps with social skills, for example). Include things like self-realization, romance, social life, culture, you fucking goddamn stress, anything you want to see improvement on, and start adding marks to each activity. The ones with the most points go on the top of a list. You can allocate different points to different columns if you want to have priorities.

Now comes time. Create or get a daily schedule covering every hour of the day. Include all the things you have to do throughout it. Look at your list with the most "potentially beneficial" activities, and start filling the gaps. Eventually it will be full enough, and there will only be small blanks here and there. Keep going down the list until you find an activity can fit into them. You don't want the idle blanks, even the small ones, because that's when the "what's the point?"s get you.

Eventually, you'll see tangible, material improvement in your life. You've worked enough on yourself to find a better job, a girlfriend, hobbies that make you feel live, things like philosophy and woodworking that you like to learn about. You may not find meaning, but you don't have the time left to ponder about it anyway. Repeat for 70 years. Good luck.

Criminal Justice, I've always wanted to be in law enforcement at a higher level, eventually getting into counter-terrorism. I'm studying for my bachelor's with a concentration in homeland security and after saving enough cash eventually come back for a graduate degree to get higher up. I'm good at it, but it's really slow work and really need some motivation to push me through it, hence the whole empty feeling

This is...actually great although it's just basic schedule building. I'm gonna start doing this, I really do appreciate it user.

Solid advice here

You gotta pick a goal and figure out how to achieve it.

Also listen to jordan peterson if you don't already

Aside from traditional education, start doing things to further your career. Get experience. Volunteer if you have to. Talk to people in the field and ask them what things they would recommend you do. Strive to gain wisdom to be the best you can be at your job

Dr. Peterson is great, I really do enjoy his stuff, which is really got me thinking about this whole thing and starting the thread.

C L E A N

I will. The other user's advice with the schedule will help this immensly.

Guys I love this board. Y'all and people like y'all have been really helpful to me for a very long time now. I wish I could return the favor.

Focus on your career. Read books by great men, they are your brothers who faced the same questions and feelings, even if they don't have the right answers reading the truth and things you connect with will make you see how you're not alone, you're actually sharing existence with great souls and minds stretching beyond space and time. Start looking into death and the afterlife and things beyond the mundane

I want to smash some gym thots tho

>tfw just creampied a gym thot