Squats vs leg press debate rages on

>be me
>at chiropractor treating low back injury
>autisically spill spill spaghetti and inform him today is legs day
>"great, user, you're feeling good, go hard Just DONT DO LEG PRESS"
>proceeds to tell me the weight load on my lower back is much greater during leg press and to stick with squats.

Well /fit it seems that our leg press fan boys have been eternally BTFO, can never recover and should JUST themselves.

Just don't let your lower back round? Leg press is deceptive in that it looks like it would require little mobility, and it lets people get to over zealous with the weight they can move. In other words, like all lifts, don't be a tard my guy

who cares about legs anyway

Wat? There is no load on the lower back?
You got trolled by a medical professional.

Still deep in that denial there huh?

I won't believe it until I see it come from rippletits mouth

so your chiro is a retard?

You’re weak and you literally admitted you feel weak

t. weak faggot with shit lifts

>495 pounds on bar
>somehow that means 495 lbs on upper back + 495 lbs on lower back + 247.5 for each leg = 1485 lbs total resistance

now THAT'S some serious mental retardation.

5'9
14%
B:285
D:455
S:395
P:205

Pretty weak, but i'm okay with it

>5'9
Another ones escaped

Spot the homeschooler that never took a physics class

Now do it with leg press at 45 degree angle.

>Forgets to write sum of moments equation on the first free-body diagram
It's like you never even passed statics class

Spotted the fedora wearing virgin who got good grades

diagram is shit
t. 5 years aero eng

stopped reading at chiropractor

you can do it vertically, the weight is still being loaded perpendicular to the spine.

is this true? I fucked up my lower back recently so have been doing leg presses instead of squats. my back hasn't got any better

okay, than do it upside mr genius man

OP here, I was doing the same thing and my chiro told me to do squats instead. I was just doing leg press in lieu of squats due to injury too! So a sports medicine Dr who works with college athletes and special forces units said squats put less of a load on low back (erector muscles specifically for me), but there are also people on fit with accses to MS paint who say otherwise. so you decide.

it's the same compression on your spine the only difference is how heavy the weight feels. vertical leg press are much more challenging with less weight.

draw the picture fgt

>not multiplying the weight of the barbell times the weight of gravity
never gonna make it

thanks man, from what I've experienced I think your chiro is right

Leg press is a nonsense exercise and is used exclusively by poser faggots who steal every plate in the fucking gym and then go
>OURUGHGHRHHGHGH!!!
Each time they bend and then straighten their knees ever so slightly, whilst their faggot friend “spots” them like
>YEAH CMON PUSH YEAH ONE MORE
But can’t even squat 3 plates to depth.
Embarrassing, shit exercise.

he has a leg press at his gym tho..

Truth

>Great for beginners with no mobility (=Old people)

what if i do leg press after my deadlifts?

by acknowledging that it can be used to build up to squatting he's also acknowledging it can linearly progressed just like squats whether he admits it or not it doesn't stop working unless you stop adding weight to it. it's also much easier to do single leg variations with.

Go for it things don’t matter that much

ofcouse it is good but it’s just that there are a lot of other benefits from squatting if you can for the same amount of time

>don't leg press
>squat over 5pl8

Feels good man

I only do leg press when the squat rack is used by a couple of nigger faggots.

subtracting the 495 from the 495 in x direction makes no sense

>don't squat
>have better legs than everybody

Feels good man

Leg press is fine for blasting the quads for added volume after squatting, if you need it. It shouldn't be the basis of your leg development, isn't a substitute for squat (an overall superior mass builder), and isn't necessary to build big legs. You can get massive legs from squat and deadlift alone.

Leg press can easily be the basis of your leg development. You can change foot position to make it a hamstrings and glutes workout if you want too. All that matters is how good you train. Genetics and diet too, of course.

It always kills me when people stack every 45 they can find and only do 3 reps

sweet lord I hope this is b8

>chiropractor treating low back injury
stopped reading there