/fast/ # 141 - "dog eating /fast/ approved food" edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

last

Other urls found in this thread:

leangains.com/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part-one/
youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U
startingstrength.com/get-started
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for time restricted eating

holographic chicken approved

nice

I forgot how normies work.

I casually said, without thinking, I hadn't eaten since two days ago when I was asked about when I had last eaten by my friends. It didn't even cross my mind that two days was "bad", since that's about normie tier in fasting. Everyone now thinks I am an anorexic that is trying to kill himself even though I am considerably overweight. I've lost like 20kg with no real side effects and a lot of other benefits too, but no that doesn't matter to anyone. Why do people care so much?

I said it last thread, I say it again:
Remove Snake Juice from the OP. It's a dumb meme and only causes confusion + makes fasting look like some retarded new-age hippy shit.

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>Get a electrolyte supplement and take it daily

The entire OP template needs to be re-done. I had a bunch of studies in there with the required reading bit and someone cut it out and put back in a bunch of stupid shit.

Yeah, I think the amounts are way too high anyway. They're a total fucking ass blaster, even if you lower the amounts significantly.

Although, that being said, snek juice is a beloved meme.

Do you have a /fast/ friendly suggestion? Or do you just think the phrase "electrolyte supplement" should be used in place of "snake juice"? If there's a good, water soluble supplement out there, it could take a lot of the guess work out of mixing up snake juice, which I think causes a lot of issues with people just starting out. Bonus points if it manages to not taste like shit.

Yeah, people have been saying for several threads now that the OP should be rewritten. Maybe we can do that in this thread. You should post your stuff in a pastebin. One problem is that the OP template is already just about at the character limit, so there's not much that can be added without trimming things out.

>normies upset over fasting
They don't really care, they just use empathy to imagine themselves in that situation and goes bananas over not getting their daily carb fix.

It's odd though that it would be so severe as to make someone actively protest against other people doing it.
It took me 2 hours of educating people to get them to understand the bodily mechanisms and it's history until they dropped the hysteria. Weight loss could be really sensitive with normies since it's such a common goal and rarely attained easily, I don't know, but it sure is fucking odd that it's a thing even worth mentioning that someone fasts.

The problem is finding one that isn't full of either glucose (e.g. packets of UN WHO oral rehydration salts, which are otherwise good) or other artificial sweeteners / flavourings which MAY (or may not) trigger insulin responses.

The fitness and nutrition industry (jews) have totally warped peoples perception of fasting since there is literally 0 money in it. Considering how effective it is you would think it would be more accepted.

It could be simplified with a few brand name products that work for making electrolyte water for fasting (only the salts, no glucose etc.). It's not rocket science and the user experience seems to vary so the numbers are pretty pointless; you shit, it means too much and you get a headache, it means too little. If it said just "enough electrolytes" the thread would be full of people asking how to get electrolytes and how much.

>snake juice is the thing that makes fasting look like some retarded new-age hippy shit

While that is true, it is a bit of a circular argument. The effectiveness of fasting is (to my mind) undermined by the (((pharmaceutical and medical lobby))) explicitly because it would cut into their profits.

This is to say nothing of the (((food industry))) who make billions by selling food which is explicitly designed to make our bodies addicted to it and yet at the same time slowly kills us through obesity related diseases.

I used to think that organic food and other stuff was just hippy faddishness, but the more I read about the body's response (especially hormone / pleasure / craving response to junk food), the more I think that the hippies might have a point about avoiding artificial shit in food.

>people around me protested against my fasting
Well, they copied the feeling for being out of food and got emotionally upset. I'm sure you're aware that many people get really irritated or mad when they're hungry and out of food.
This makes it problematic explaining fasting to them, because a person who is emotionally upset doesn't listen to logic and reasoning.
As long as they're agitated their emotions will wash away any argument you provide. I guess that's why it took 2 hours?

You can repeat the debacle with various people and first spend a couple of minutes listen to their fears and worries, hold their hands,asking how they feel, and sensitivity shit like that. It makes them calm down faster and listen to your explanation.
Then repeat it with a control group, but adamantly right from start just loudly proclaim you have science on your side and start bulldozing them with research.
Compare notes on what works best and make a FAQ entry on how to explain fasting to friends and relatives? :)

I like to consider my friends people I think are worthy of respect and not need their hand held through every new idea, guess I was wrong.

:D I actually did almost literally what you said about "repeating the debacle", with varying results of course since individuals process information differently. My family reacted pretty good since they're well educated and rational in their temperament, they asked the necessary questions and I gave them the answers. But damn it's almost sad how much things have to be sugar coated for actual adult people for them to even be neutral about anything not already within their knowledge structures.
I had a conversation in my peer group at work about fasting and tried a softer approach with it then culminating in my "reveal" of me actually being a faster. I talked about general weight loss for starters and went through the explaining of ketosis until it then logically went to pure water fasting, always throughout the "story" embellishing the conversation with examples they'd have meaningful connections in. This experience really forced me to remember that adults are just children that got old and need as much teaching in new things as kids unless they're really oriented towards open mindedness.

this is a bit of an odd question but would semen break my fast by triggering an insulin response and take me out of ketosis?

No bukkakes during a fast, it should be added to the sticky. A little cum won't do you in though.

Yes. It's a big problem for cock sucking fasters ITT.

what if its just a little though? will i be ok like says? i've never sucked a cock but i do like to masturbate a lot and eat my own semen. i've only been lurking /fast/ for a few threads and 19 hours into my first fast so i havent reached that state some people have gotten to where they no longer feel the need to fap

>Or do you just think the phrase "electrolyte supplement" should be used in place of "snake juice"?
Yeah this. Not everyone is from the US so it's kinda pointless to list brands that are available in one place or another (no endless questions about NoSalt). Telling people that they need a electrolytes should be enough, they can then just buy whatever is locally available and fits their needs/goals.

It's about the same as taking a sip from a protein shake. Doesn't have almost any effect but still breaking the "rules". Could have unforeseen effects. I wouldn't take the chance unless you really like the cum.

Is it normal to bloat? I lost a lot of fat but I still look fat because my lower belly just expands, almost like a two month preggo. I almost have a flat stomach when contracting my abdominals.

For the record, I do intermittent fasting. One big meal every one or two days, with plenty of water and no supplements.

ure eating too fast

I thought that was the point of fasting

xD

Ignore the jokers.

Yes, it is absolutely normal for fat lost to be replaced by water, hence the term "Water Retention" used in that context.

It will clear itself out naturally or you could force it out by taking a break with carbohydrates.

I've found that the natural diuretic properties of Dandelion Root Tea help, but we're all different.

leangains.com/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part-one/

Nice article.

>adults are just children
This is actually very true. Especially when you work a lot with children age 6+ and realize they're not stupid, just extremely inexperienced.

For adults we always have the hard limit of how much info they can process at a time. Although it's possible to explain a 1 year of math in a few hours, moving quickly from basic algebra to integrals, people will get fatigued and stop listening after a while.
It can be similar trying to explain nutrition to someone.

According to my experience with less than 20 g carbs per day for a couple of months, I had np jumping in/out of ketosis as needed.

If social setting made it convenient to eat a cinnamon bun or a slice of cake, I just did it without noticing any repercussions (except possible drowsiness).
This seem to be individual and your mileage may vary, but unless you worry a lot, a few carbs won't kill you.

Should I fast or eat a Sub or two?

How am I supposed to fast when I can get £16 worth of chocolate cake for 80p? I guess I'll start tomorrow.

My inner jew is preventing me from fasting, cause if something dank is reduced that far, I gotta get it.

They should be paying you to eat that shit

what's forcing you to eat it right away? stop making excuses.

eat all you want, fast later.

It's dank

I'm only having some, the family can have the rest. I was gonna be eating today anyway, cause it's both Mothers Day tomorrow, and it was my Mothers birthday a couple days ago, and we're going out for a meal. I'm restarting my fasting period tomorrow, and refeeding on chicken thighs and spinach to stay in Ketosis.

I can't sleep

stop sleeping then, sleeping was invented by the jews so they can poison your water while you are asleep

>5'7 Male
>told on /fast/ about a week ago to switch from CICO to OMAD+keto
>do so on Tuesday, starting at 239.2lb
>as of an hour ago I'm 232.6lb
>keto strip is max dark of course

Is this water weight or what the fuck?

Sounds like my experience. You will drop a fuck ton of weight the first time, due to a combination of water and fat.

How much did you end up losing?

what do you guys do when you're really hungry and stressed out but don't want to break your fast? tonight has really tested me.

Morbid obese fag sent here by /fat/. I watched the op vids last night and Im amazed this is actually a thing. Im told by /fat/ to fast until July and that sounds so overwhelming.

Any tips or help specifcally for morbid obese fasting?

First fast I went down eight pound s in four daysx second was six pounds four days. Last was 3 pounds in five days but thats because I had too many carbs on my refeed

Drink plenty of water. Sleep it off if possible, and if you still feel like absolute shit in the morning and have to break your fast, do it with Ketogenic foods, or just eat spinach, cause it's incredibly low in calories, and won't break your ketosis.

The fatter you are, the more energy you'll have for longer when you reach ketosis. If you want, you can make the initial process easier by getting into Ketosis first. Consume less than 1g/kg bw protein, less than 20g total carbs, and the rest in fat. Less protein is better still, cause protein can be converted to glucose and keep you from entering ketosis fully.

If you get into ketosis before fasting, the point where most people fail, after 2-3 days would be a lot easier for you, as your body will already be burning your fat reserves for fuel, whereas they'd have to wait to reach ketosis to happen, which is why they have such a low amount of energy then. Just don't forget your snake juice.

Ease your way into it by doing a keto diet firsr and drinking fuck tons of water. Like 1.5 liters minimum per day. When are are used to it, start the fast.

You're talking about OMAD+keto and not water fasting, right?

Everyone is a bit different so you're going to have to figure out exactly how you're gonna lose weight yourself. Some people can just straight up jump into a 30 day+ fast, others like me have to take it a bit more slowly. Firstly, I finished my first 48 hour fast (this is always going to be the hardest period when a food addict starts fasting), now I am about to complete my second fast which is 5 days long.

The only thing that is concrete in this process is that if you're on a long fast, you will need to supplement your electrolytes (sodium and potassium) and also when you re-feed you will want to stay in ketosis and eat as few carbs as possible.

Unless you want to look like this, don't waterfast your entire way to being skinny. Get to a point where you still have a decent sized belly and do a more tame diet like keto. You don't want to become a droopy fuckbag.

If you can't handle waterfasting, try some of the various fast styles with keto. You'll still lose more than 2lb a week.

Thanks for the tips bros. Ive been tracking my stuff in my fitness pal and eating under my tdee but fucking carbs are always the end for me. I have crohns so eating a carby meal has always been a safe food for me to eat. gonna be tough trying to break way of eating, but its worth a try

I am definitely thinking theres a positive mental effect to losing 2 pounds plus a week. Ive been CICO and it gets demoralizing dealing with a slow progress. Ive read this is why fellow fats have jumped to /fast/, because of a morale boost from losing weight quicker, especially at the start.

If you have time check out this video explaining why CICO is totally overrated.

Oops, forgot to add the link. He explains some of science.
youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U

Anyone else having more and more problems with people trying to get them to eat? I do IF, at the very least 16:8 but on most days it is easy for me to do 20:4 and I find myself pretty comfortable with that system.

But I have this friend who I go and visit typically once a week and he ALWAYS insists on cooking shit for people, like it's kind of weird. And despite him being very aware of my weightloss he gets very offended when I turn down his food. I've even explained to him multiple times that I do IF but every time I refuse to eat he just acts amazed that I want to keep losing weight, and then of course I explain that I'm not just doing it to lose weight but for all the other benefits as well.

Anyway, it's fucking annoying as hell and I'm sure I'm not the only one who deals with this shit on a regular basis. What is most fascinating to me is how upset some people will pretend to be when you turn down food. It just feels so phony to me, like I can't imagine anyone being GENUINELY upset over that. Bitch, just put it in the fridge and save it for later. Or ask me ahead of time if you're that hell bent on me eating your dish.

New to Veeky Forums and fasting here? So all i have to do is don't eat and drinks water for 2 days?

Is your friend really fat?

40 days, so you can become jesus christ

But nosalt is cheap and easily obtainable source of potassium, snake juice is actually ok. Just not needed for less than 72 hours fast and after that less is needed imho than people tend to take.

Idk why you lot are so against snake juice, it's saved me from so many headaches in my fasts. Wouldn't have survived 30 days without it, it's fucking great get over yourselves.

Cant find nosalt in australia, theres this half anf half alternative called lite salt. Not sure how much to use in snake juice

i was told lite salt is the same thing in the last thread

pepper, zucchini and tomato are all fruits

I've been stuck at around 181lbs for the past month and my goal weight is 165, should I just fast until I reach my goal weight?

wouldn't dry fasting take care of that?

Nosalt is pure potassium, maybe ill just deal with extra sodium and use only tsp of this and on tsp of pink salt

No one is against snake juice, it just shouldn't be listed in the OP as if it were an integral part of fasting. The point of snake juice is to replenish lost electrolytes, not to drink fucking snake juice.

Can I safely work out if I do a week of water fasting? In the middle of C25K right now, and been doing CICO up until now.

If this is your first week long fast you probably should only do low-intensity stuff, especially after day 3.

He's not a hamplanet or anything but he's probably on the border of overweight/obese BMI.

Which routine should I be on while cutting and doing IF?

Tired of SS desu

Yes

>drink water
read the OP

everyone needs snake juice on >48 hour fasts. before I discovered Cole I always had a SHIT time fasting. No other site or forum told me to drink potassium and sodium daily, not one. It was madness

just lol, if I knew about snake juice earlier I wouldn't have wasted 3 years trying to long fast without feeling like absolute shit.

Is fasting every other day pointless if you break your fast with a meal filled with carbs? Also, will fasting get rid of face fat?

Yes take salt and K

Depends on how much carbs. It will just make it harder/take longer to get back into ketosis if you break the fast with lots of carbs. Yes, it will make you lose face fat, neck fat, arm fat, belly fat, groin fat, thigh fat.

pls help

Do i need Himalayan pink salt or can i just use table salt?

pink salt is less "salty" so it's easier to drink down.

not /fast/ related but you know your dieting

how high % of carbs in shit you eat is fine for a keto diet? is 2g per 100g too much?

I've heard

zzz I don't like counting my food but I guess I can do way better than 50g even without counting.

JUST FINISHED 2 DAYS DRY 3 DAYS SNAKE JUICE

163.1 to 150.4

how do you feel? do you feel like shit?

Hi cant get on a snake diet at the moment, can i do omad 4 days and 3 day fast instead? Will i get benefits of fasting and significant fat loss on this protocol?

omad should be keto meals, so you can keep burning fat

>tfw found a zero calorie elderflower juice with great satiety

What if i eat a little bit of buckwheat or oats with this meal, is it absolutely critical to cut carbs out completely? Or can i compensate it via working out and burning glicogen? Im kinda limited in what i can eat atm.

Anyone with some decent muscle have a nice pic of how much theyve cut?

I really like the idea but so far it seems like its only done by skinnyfats and obese people

B
U
M
P

>Sauces
>3 kinds of mayonnaise

>tired of SS

Probably because YNDTP

Dont do IF you tool.

If youre overweight, just maintain/-20% deficit, lift heavy and add cardio.

If you just want more ab definition, try sucking less cock and getting stronger pussy. You can cut when you can deadlift 400lbs for 5.

>be IFing
>also be on medication that zaps your appetite
wew laddy

read/watch everything in the op
>go on a low/no carb diet for a few days before fasting to make the transition as painless as possible
>drink plenty of water
>get snake juice (water+salts) and multivitamins/multiminerals if you plan to fast for more than 15 hours
>lick salt whenever youre feeling woozy/a headache

I'm new to this fitness shit, what is "SS"?

I feel miserable and weak, but it's not SO miserable that I wanted to stop. My pride and the thought of being shredded was enough motivation. Very mild nausea on and off. Sleep progressively less each night.

Im on a cut right now and i've been thinking about intermittent fasting but im not sure if it's a good idea not to eat after gym session. Im working out first thing in the morning.

Starting strength

startingstrength.com/get-started

You could eat your one meal right after gym so you're working out on an empty stomach. You'd be weaker, but cutting more weight.

Well boys, broke my first fast ever. Total of 64 hours. Woke up today and just couldn't take it anymore.

Feels bad I couldn't make it to 70~ but I gotta say to those of you doing this shit all the time you got some major balls on you. I might be a giant pussy and just do a 24 every Friday but man, I've never felt so fucking weak in my life.