Cardio Thread

What is your preferred way of doing cardio, how often do you do cardio and how long/intense are your cardio routines?

Attached: cardio.gif (500x351, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darebee.com/workouts/top-of-the-world-workout.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MMA/Boxing

recently got a gf thanks to losing a lot of weight and gaining some muscles.

She seems to think I'm attractive, so that's a pretty great way to get the heart pumping.

Attached: Ev3k20b.jpg (610x475, 105K)

I picked up Couch to 5K actually, so that's basically my cardio routine.

Rowing machines at the gym every time I go (I'm in "BURN MORE FAT, YOU FAT MOTHERFUCKER" mode). Plus I walk a lot. Took a 5.5mi walk today.

Elliptical,1 hour, moderate-high

I can do 40 minutes of HIIT occasionally but jesus is it straining

hiking / steep uphill walk. gets ur heart pumping and works your glutes

swimming, 3 times a week, 1 hour long session, still cannot manage to swimm more than 1500m for already month, i dont why. Can some swimmfag veteran can tell how can i get pass that distance? Or should i keep swimming that distance, but increase my intensity?

-15mins of rope jumping.
-5mins rest.
-Kettlebell (16kg) HIIT:
40sec 2 arm swings 20 sec rest
40sec goblet squat 20 sec rest
5 of these.
On weekends.
On rest days during week (2) i just walk in park for 2 hours, or rollerskate depending on season.

How the the fuck do I get better at running 5-10k?

Is there a 5/3/1 equivalent for running?

15 mins of stationary bicycle with resistance or 20 minutes of jogging every day. With cardio, there's a line where too much/long loses any health benefits and even becomes damaging. It's more important to do it regularly or daily and not to a point where you feel like shit after.

There's even some scientific proof to this, basically in a study people who felt good after a soccer game had an anti-cancer molecule raised (IGFBP3) and those that felt fatigued had IGFBP3 decreased.

watching that .gif, Homers lower body rotates 360 degrees.

Also, I do 10km, 5km, 2.4km runs each week

How come such difference distances

Once a week treadmill 30 min 5k. The rest elliptical.

same thing here user, woman are great inspiratationators

Since I'm currently looking to lose weight, I do cardio for 40 mins - 1 hour everyday.

I usually cycle between the treadmill, bycicle and swimming (one each day).

that running form does not look healthy
I even run into difficulty trying to copy it.

do longer distance sets, change it up so some days are less distance more intensity, other days much longer with less speed

Running 5k in 20 min about 5 times a week. Some days I do 10k instead.

running incline massively improves your flatland running game

Probably time restraints but not op

I am fat and do martial arts (kickboxing). Kickboxing alone for some reason doesn't make me lose weight.

How often do I need to run and for what time to get ripped af? pro boxers run 6x/week and then train 6x/week in the afternoon, a bit less would be good.

I live near the beach so I swim for about 30 mins once a week

5 5-minute rounds on the heavy bag with 1 min rest. Quick ab workout then 10/20 minute run

I try to work in ten minutes of cardio every workout (5 before, 5 after). And have one dedicated cardio day a week (out of four gym days, fuck campus gym schedule).
Cardio day:
-15 min run (avg 1.5 mi, 2 if hip cooperates)
-15 min jump rope in 5 min intervals
-15 min stationary bike
Been trying to get all up to 20 minutes, but can only do the full 20 on days I don't work (again, fuck campus gym schedule).

It ain't much, but the gf noticed and complimented my cardiovascular health last time we bonked.

Rowing, 1 hour, maximum setting on the machine.

Attached: 1518814976921.png (598x566, 71K)

I do stuff like this
darebee.com/workouts/top-of-the-world-workout.html
Am i wasting my time?

Normal routine is Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri is:

Cardio - 30 min
Weights - 30 min
Cardio - 30 min
Stretching

Where cardio is either treadmill, rowing or stationary bike

Thursday I cycle approx 1.5 hrs
Saturday I either rest or cycle depending on fatigue
Friday I do a 10km run

Looking to introduce some swimming soon too.

Sunday*
Fuck I'm tired today.

I just started running regularly about 4 months ago and I now usually run about 20-25 miles per week. Ive been running in my gym shoes (nike free) and I just discovered that theyre not designed for distance running.

What running shoes do you have and what would you recommend? Budget is 150$.

Asics, Mizuno, Inov8

>lardass
>45 min 5 days/week on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the stair climber, after about an hour on weights
>Attempting to burn ~600-800cal/day for a deficiency of 1000 calories a day
>Still hate myself despite losing 10lb in February and 11 in January
>Still feel like I'm not getting anywhere after 6 months of training

Attached: L5bmDr4.jpg (960x960, 83K)

I've got a 10 mile run scheduled for tonight and I feel absolutely fucked, someone motivate me pls

10 minutes at a moderate pace on a heavy resistance bike followed by 5 intervals of 15 seconds all out, 45 seconds light. Do this fasted every morning when cutting, and 3 times a week when bulking. Burns 160-180 calories depending how I do and only takes 15 minutes.

FYI running is probably one of the single most damaging exercises you can put your body through. I HIGHLY recommend only using it sparingly unless you want wrecked joints in a few years

I need to use the elliptical more. Love that shit

cant outtrain a bad diet. calories in, calories out. if you have problems with your weight, count them. read the sticky.

>>Still hate myself despite losing 10lb in February and 11 in January
great progress!

>Still feel like I'm not getting anywhere after 6 months of training
progressing with weights is hard to impossible on such a hard cut. are you progressing on your cardio? celebrate that or attempt to progress. how much weight do you have to lose?

remember that a 1k calorie cut is probably the hardest thing you will ever do in your fitness journey, you will never cut as hard or as long ever again if you stick with

we are all going to make it brah

It's not the lifts in worried about (1/2/3/3.5pl8 currently, decreasing obviously) but the weight

I currently weigh 290, down from a starting weight of 355, with a goal of 245 by October, and an end goal of 210-220 range. I am 6'1.

Casio progress is going well. When I started this routine I couldn't get more than 20 minutes in, and now I just stop at 45 because of time restraints; my average pulse during the exercise has gone from 158 to 145 in the last ~10 weeks, and my legs have never felt better (seriously). But I just don't feel like I'm making it, man.

that's probably the most retarded things i've read in a while please tell me this is bait

Attached: 1519313608376.png (578x566, 12K)

what a sweet post
i hope you and your gf have a nice time together

Why does it look like his legs are moving around his body in a circle

In the spring I play tennis, other times of the year I do hill sprints and boxing. Sometimes I switch it up with some HIIT stuff and jump roping

Stair climber for 30+ minutes after lifting to watch some TV. I would run but recently recovered from a sprained ankle and Am worried about ducking it up.

I just moved to a gym that has a pool.

Attached: swimming.png (1200x627, 1.25M)

I used to do 15 minutes of intervals at the end of my lifts, now I'm lazy and just do 5 minutes of high resistance cycling before my lifts to get the heart going and my legs warmed up. I can still do a 5k without any problem, I just don't really see much point in doing cardio as someone who isn't doing team sports or an athletic job.

Rowing
Once a week after upper body. Trying to do more.

Attached: 1517828367725.gif (400x228, 1.87M)

Bullshit. Are you a woman?

>now I'm lazy and just do 5 minutes of high resistance cycling before my lifts
So basically a simple warm up. From my experience that is not enough. I've been throwing in dedicated 20 mins of low intensity cardio and I've noticed that I don't get winded as much on my 85% 5x5. A lack od dedicated cardio could be holding you back from doing more with more weight and thus getting more gains

I haven't really ran into any issues with cardio concerning lifts. I'm doing relatively light weight and high reps for a cut and maintaining strength. I also tend to have little rest time between sets and exercises, I keep the pump going the entire time I'm working out. Might bite me in the ass later, we'll see. Either way it's a lot easier to train cardio back up to a decent level than it is for strength.

Getting into HIIT and I like it but it takes so much out of me that it's affecting my strength workouts. Worth it though.

kettlebell complexes

>. But I just don't feel like I'm making it, man.
Dude. You lost 65 pounds, and that pretty quickly. That is a massive achievement already. You are definetly on the way to making it.

What helps me with motivation is to autistically log all progress permanently. That way, I can look back to the time where I could not do a pushup and cringe. Does a lot for me.

Also, ask yourself what the alternative is when you doubt yourself. At your starting weight, at your (presumably somewhat young) age, you are going to die because of fat, Especially since you will continue to get fatter over the years. You really have no choice but to either stick with it and to become normal or to appear on "my 600 lbs life" in a decade.

Also, your long term goal is insufficient. Not because the weight is off or anything, but it is an incomplete longterm goal. Weight loss will dramatically alter your health, appearance, energy levels and life expectancy, but being normal weight does not necessarily make you happy.

Your long term goal should be a life that you enjoy, and anything else is just a stop along the way.

What do you mean "bullshit"? do you not believe in calories? And no, I am not a woman.

Theoretically it is possible to outtrain a bad diet, but most normal people simply dont have the time to do that. It takes excessive amounts of exercise (unhealthy amounts of it, which ruins the point of it), and most people are simply better off eating less/healthier.

I'm thinking of starting Rowing, but I'm a weak 18yo, at what age you started at and what difficulties did you have in the beginning?

I've always found it interesting that people say they do boxing/mma for cardio, when fighters themselves mainly do roadwork for their cardio

3-4 mile run before work about 3 days a week. I live in a hilly area so that helps too.

you're going to make it, don't feel so bad about your self

Takes time to build swimming endurance. I was around 1500 to 1800 for like 2 months then got 2000 in another month then 2500 for a month after. Just hit 3000 last week. Keep at it!

Treadmill and heavybag

Walk to the gym 10-15 minutes every day I lift.

Hiit circuit training on cardio days.

For additional cardio sessions, sprints or swimming.

5 mi LISS every other day, 2.5 km swim Saturdays. I'm slow as fuck though on both since I'm still overweight. aiming for 9 min/mile on 5 miles. Can barely do 25 min 5k without feeling like im dying

human beings have literally been long distance running since we walked upright
interstingly, here's some things we haven't been doing until only recently: squatting up and down repeatedly with extremely heavy load, laying down and pushing things off of our chest repeatedly with extremely heavy load, etc

Attached: 69-Action_Barefoot-Ted.png (500x500, 120K)

also use the internet and have indoor plumbing

Attached: 1518936374658.png (211x239, 12K)

i dont have a specific cardio routine, but i dont drive a car, so i ride my bike everywhere.
i also ride a bike every chance i get outside of work and on weekends.
mostly trails and hopping around shit.

good cardio

30 mins of stairs.

I also do dancing and MMA but they're not comparable to stairs.

I've recently been forbidden from running stairs in my office though. Gonna try jump rope until I find another set of stairs.

No one else does conditioning in the form of pushing a prowler or farmer's carries?

I prefer farmer's carries but they are So damn draining. Prowler isn't as bad.

learn how to run, heartlet.

running outside with shirt off is the most efficient way to do cardio + find gf. . . I don't do that but just saying

indoor plumbing has been around since Roman times, so not exactly recent.

Sometimes I think people on Veeky Forums give bad advice on purpose just to fuck with others and lessen the "competition." This is one of those times.

You are never gonna make it with that attitude user. Read the sticky.

OP here, where lads, thank you all for the feedback.
I am a lardass and I have just started going to the gym recently (a month).
I have been hitting up the treadmill at 6-8kmh everyday for about 60 mins-80 mins and I was wondering if maybe I am going too ham on cardio. The sticky isn't very specific on how much cardio is harmful and when I look for info online most of it seems like bs.
Also I know that speed is kind of slow but I am improving slowly towards actual jogging.

I'm cutting with cardio and calisthenics

What's a good run distance for 2300cals / workout 3-4x a week?

Should it be HIIT? Or distance/endurance?

Attached: calisthenics_human_flag_beach.jpg (1000x560, 455K)