Question about water

so about 2 months ago I switched from soda to only water. I have also lost about 7 pounds in the same time while not working out more (maybe walking around my house a little more but that's about it) does water actually work that well for losing weight?

Yes dummy, were you drinking soda exclusively before?

Water has no discernable effect on weight loss, besides the fact it's a drink that has actually zero calories in, so if you were drinking a couple cans of soda a day, just by switching to water, you're consuming 2100 calories less every week.

yeah I pretty much just eat like trash and drank soda and my weight hasn't changed in like 6 years. this is the most its changed since I started high school

is that good dog?
I haven't any knowledge on that I just know I could drink what I want and eat what I want and my weight never changed

If you want to lose more weight, drink a gallon of water a day if you can, it'll help keep you fuller throughout the day. I only manage a little over half a gallon, and fill up on low calorie vegetables as much as possible in meals. Spinach is best.

well I'm only like 6 pounds outside of what the doc tells me would be perfect health. but I want to get fit and I'm going to be running everyday.

does that amount of water and types of food still work with that?

again sorry I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff

Find your TDEE, and learn to count calories and protein intake. Read the sidebar on /r/fitness on reddit, cause it'll have basically all the info you need.

No. The soda was just making you fat.

r e a d t h e s t i c k y

This. I recently stopped drinking alcohol during weekdays and I dropped a decent amount of fat in only two weeks. Never drink your calories.

Water is extremely good for weight loss for 3 reasons:
>No calories
>Fills you up
>Promotes stomach mechanical digestion to burn calories (i.e. boosts metabolism)

question what if I already had a good metabolism before I stopped? like I said my weight hasn't changed no matter what or how much I eat and drink (minus after I switched to water)

so will it in a sense super charge my metabolism or will it be about the same

also if I am misinformed as to how metabolism works please let me know so I can look into it

what a faggot

start eating proper and working out instead of feasting like an amerifat and drinking gallons of soda a week, fuck's sake man.

READ THE STICKY YOU FAT FUCKING BRAINLET

well its never done me wrong I always have only been about 15 pounds outside of good health and my weight hasn't changed and getting fit never seemed appealing until I got this factory job. hence why I started drinking better

please calm down I made a thread for additional questions or would you rather I make a new thread for each question? thank you for understanding kill yourself

>still haven't read the sticky
it's for your own good, it's obvious you have zero understanding of how diet relates to body composition. Stop polluting the board with short-bus tier questions and read the sticky already

not the point man, you can do so much better with your body than you are doing right now.

again I apologize

I know lately been getting into ancient Rome. another reason why I want to get fit but I only really have running and at-home workouts (like push ups and shit) since the nearest "gym" is about 30 miles away and its a yoga place mainly. any ideas on what I can do

I should specify specify the roman legion has inspired me to get fit

>telling someone to go to reddit instead of reading the sticky

It’s there for a reason numbnuts.

>specify specify
absolutely retarded phone

You mean the sticky that hasn't been updated in a deacade?

based trips

you're gonna make it

>Americans actually don't drink water