Meditation Advice

Trying to get into meditation w/ some guided meditation videos but they keep saying retarded shit like "feel the different energies flowing through your vertebrae" (???)
Any veteran meditators willing to give this faggot some advice on meditating?

Attached: 1520324253050.jpg (746x888, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdie98zz0_U
youtu.be/5GSeWdjyr1c
cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=fz57mdSPgMI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't listen to guided meditations they're bullshit. You dont need to hear someone talking to you about meditating simply remain still and be at peace

I dont meditate but I once tried it and I like ASMR much better

pick ASMR with no talking and relax and do your thing

Father Sergiy?
>Чтo вы cдeлaли c pyкoй?

This isn't actually going to help you in any way I'm just posting the book jacket.

Attached: The_Doctrine_of_Awakening_Cover.jpg (210x313, 27K)

Attached: in the buddha's words.jpg (315x475, 31K)

>Milo Manara is making it into Twitter memes
It's all connected, collision imminent, singularity is nigh. I will be you, you will be I, we won't be alone for much longer

Hold light tension in the waist or centre of gravity and relaxation in the head (balancing the body to achieve good posture). Then you want to be seated and allow yourself to breathe, think, move or do whatever happens. Feel free to adjust these, don't force anything but don't allow yourself to become slack and lazy.
If you need a focus point, around the heart/inner nipple line area is good.

Once you've mastered this and can sit comfortably you'll want to start feeling all of the veins in your body through expansion of focus. The objective is to control and balance out circulation.
You may notice pain in areas of the body. While holding good posture and stability, slowly branch out to this area and hold light focus over it.

The main objective is realistically to gain full body control, focus and ability. Slowly we meditate away any problems through achieving perfect form and pressure.
You will notice highly skills qi-gong practitioners have perfect circulation.

Spiritual meditation is a sham. About as good for your mental well being than doing yoga with a half dozen Stacies that couldn't tell eudaimonia and nirvana apart.
If you want to see real progress you're going to have to crack some books. My recommendations, all reasonably easy and common reads from variable sources:
1. Seneca's letters, essays, and dialogues
2. Bible: Proverbs, Psalms, Wisdom of Solomon, Wisdom of Sirach
3. Dhammapada
Stirner, Nietzsche, and Schopenhauer fans will shitpost about this list, but you should never take lessons in happiness from the unhappy.

Just lay in bed or on the floor or something and listen. Find a sound. A lawnmower far away. A fan in another room. Anything faint, constant, and distant. Zero in on it. Focus solely on it. Congrats. You're now meditating like your name is Marcus fucking Aurelius.

Zen meditation is the cleanest. Get comfortable, sit up straight. Put a dot sticker on a wall or some shit. A psychedelic pattern is very fun to look at. Stare at a single spot and refocus on it every time your eyes wander away. You can do this for a fixed time or until you start to "trip" meaning your visions starts doing fucked up things. By then you will typically have reached a peaceful state.

If your brain wanders to something unpleasant like a behavior pattern you don't like see if you can find out what caused the behavior pattern and get over it.

Heavy breathing yoga is also very good and since this is fit, it also helps with recovery.

The kundalini feel the energy stuff is both BS and true. You can form your mind to manifest spontaneous sensations that can be orgasmic in feeling. It's you controlling your brain at a level most people never attempt to reach.

very unusual reference user

Will this book stop me from masturbating 4 times a day?

No.

Here is a relevant excerpt from that Evola book, "the doctrine of awakening":

"First, make oneself master of external objects by substituting a condition of activity for the usual one of passivity. Realize that wherever a desire pushes a man toward a thing, it is not he who has the thing, but the thing that has him. "He who takes a liquor believes that he drinks it; whereas it is the liquor that drinks him." Detach oneself. Discover and love the active principle in oneself.

Second is mastery of the body. Establish one's own authority over the entire organism. "Imagine that your body is separate from you: if it shouts, make it be silent, as a severe father does his child. If it shows temper, hold it in, as one does a curbed horse. If it is ill, administer to it what is necessary, as a doctor to his patient. If it disobeys, chastise it, as the master chastises the turbulent pupil." Temper oneself physically. Establish with oneself a "trial of endurance" by accustoming oneself, for example, to undergoing freezing cold in winter and in summer a torrid heat. And so on.

Third is the control of mental and emotive life in order to promote and consolidate a state of equilibrium. There is the appeal to one's inner nobility: "It is ridiculous” - it is said in Zen - “that a being endowed with the nature of a Buddha, born to be master of every material reality, should be enslaved by little cares or frightened by phantasms that he himself has created, should let his mind he swayed by passions or dissipate his vital energy in irrelevant things.”

Attached: b92bc0e047ee138be241cdfc1f6c2ccb79409d4651ce2a941bef4674933fc771.jpg (514x720, 107K)

>he thinks nihilism and buddhist texts aren't the path to internally driven happiness

the pop-nihilism that has consumed the internet isn't representative of the real stuff imo.

Your recommended readings are bretty gud though. Missing the Gospel of John.

>pop-nihilism is bad
>actual nihilism is good
no. nihilism is an attitude towards the entire reality and human condition, it allows no room for meaning, truth, or any transcendent religious principles. Not just in this dimension, but all dimensions.
Nihilism can't be a path to actual happiness or deep satisfication, it can only be a path to transient hedonism and frustration.

>meaning, truth, or any transcendent religious principles

One of these is not like the other. I don't need god and I have long felt I'm stronger for it. Embrace the nothing daddy. You seem like not the worst kind of god-fag, but why do you need externally imposed objectivity? Do you think without god you wouldn't be able to arrive at goodness? Srs questions

Take paodi to learn how to meditate,
help answer

Zazen

there's different strategies. two of the most popular are vipassana and the samatha.
vipassana is where you just scan your body and notice all the different sensations with a non-judging mindset.
samatha is one-pointedness meditation where you cast your awareness on a single point and maintain your concentration on that. the most common object is the breath because it's always there and it's a good anchor to keep you in the present moment. if i were to recommend any type of meditation to a new person i would say to just focus on the breath. this is pretty much all you need to do. the goal is to just maintain focus on the breath in the present moment with unbroken concentration. just pay attention to your breathing and nothing else.
once you achieve that level of focus where your mind is clear and you're in the zone (doing nothing but focusing on your breath) you may have the urge to put your focus on something else, like thoughts or contemplation - dont do this. trust that you'll be alright keeping your focus on your breath. your thoughts and reflections or whatever can wait and/or are not important. maintain a deliberate intent to have consistent focus only on your breath.
while it can be very relaxing and even psychedelic and whatnot once you git gud, you do still have to exert some will power to maintain the proper unwavering concentration. try for thirty minutes a day to start

Attached: iron pill starter pack.png (2068x1996, 3.68M)

>I don't need god and I have long felt I'm stronger for it. Embrace the nothing daddy. You seem like not the worst kind of god-fag, but why do you need externally imposed objectivity?
people don't like to be deceived, if they search for truth they want something authentic and enduring, not simply self-created or relative or subject to change. Also people realize they are prone to self-delusions, truth is something we discover, objectivity is a pre-req and has to be external to our egos and whims.

>Do you think without god you wouldn't be able to arrive at goodness?
Without God there would simply be nothing and no one. If you mean can we reach goodness without God's revelation/religion then yes, but only because God has written a law into our conscience and hearts. Paul wrote about this in his letter to the Romans. The greeks didn't have any prophets but were still able to understand the "good" via reason and intuition quite well and act virtuously too.
You don't ''need'' a revelation but once you receive it and it becomes known we are obliged to analyze it and consider it carefully.

bump ^

i do sound current meditation. very easy method with noticeable benefits: improved sleep, stress regulation and mood

1) sit comfortably and focus your attention up the body and towards the pineal gland behind the eyes in the middle of the head. Imagine you are behind a desk, or sitting in a control room of your mind. Furnish that room.

2) find a meaningless phrase to repeat (a mantra) can be in another language

3) repeat this phrase, focus on an image of someone you love, feel this love while holding attention behind the eyes

Do this for as long as possible, start small. Try 5 minutes and if you cannot do that, try 4 minutes next time, if it was doable, try 6 minutes next time.

The pineal meditation draws you into the same state of consciousness you have prior to sleeping and you begin to lose sensation in your extremities and body as you continue to place your focus behind the eyes.

our pineal gland is responsible for melatonin and serotonin regulation so take time to pay active attention to it

As always, you have to experience things to believe them so try it for five minutes, you have nothing to lose

>The pineal meditation draws you into the same state of consciousness you have prior to sleeping and you begin to lose sensation in your extremities and body as you continue to place your focus behind the eyes.

how do i work on the pineal gland? breathing exercises and cold showers?

Meditation is nothing but letting go of control. Anyone else who says otherwise is a lying meme. Let go of control in your mind and body. Surrender to the universe and it’s will. To truly let go requires courage and will transform you if you are living an inauthentic life.

Trust me, once I understood this i had a spiritual awakening within two weeks. Better than any drug I’ve ever done because bliss I felt was pure and sober

How do I know if I'm really focusing if I can't stop and think about what I'm focusing on?

Just check out the Biblical proverbs, I recommend the Darby translation because it sounds better.

Hast thou seen a man diligent in his work? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before the mean.

Proverbs 22:29

If ypu dont fucc with all them new age energies I can highly recommend Sam Harris guided meditation on Soundcloud. Theres a nice one thats 9 min long

You pretty much just focus inside the head above your eyes around brow-forehead level. Then you look through it like an eye and it opens up your imagination which you'll want to work with.

you dont

About the mastery of body part, when it says to make yourself endure freezing weather and endure it, how exactly does this work? Will you over time get used to being in freezing weather and the cold won't bother you as much because you force yourself to endure? Or is it saying you can make yourself feel physically warmer by willing it to be so?

It's about not falling back upon reaching barriers, you can overcome them with enough will and think little of them

take a shower, clean yourself.
go sit in a quiet and calm room, wear loose clothing.
turn the lights low, light a candle.
put this video on youtube.com/watch?v=Mdie98zz0_U

sit in a comfortable posture and listen to it, ponder it, forget about meditation, instead contemplate the meaning of the dialogue.

you can meditate later once you have some understanding

Attached: heaven is here.jpg (320x320, 29K)

I focus on breathing and trying to make the sensation of breathing as "light" and "clear" as possible. Try to breathe into your lower abdomen, like a cup filling with water from the bottom up.

youtu.be/5GSeWdjyr1c

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

I didn’t like all the hippy dippy bullshit so read something a bit more befitting to my calculated nature.

Fucking nazis hijacking another thread with potential.

I did two big vipassana retreats for 10 days each and finally managed to incoroporate daily meditation into my schedule.

If you're really want to get into it just start with a retreat that has a guided teacher, the rest will come by itself, but it's hard to learn the proper basics just at home since you can't spot what you're missing.

Attached: doorToDoorExistentialism2.png (1000x1500, 629K)

hey mate I had the same problem, my fav speakers are

ajahn brahm and joseph goldstein

Usual meditation thread with the usual esoteric bullshit

“I practice spastic constipatory meditation, don’t shit for a week and light some incense while smothered in algae to achieve transcendence.”

Google vipassana and learn basic breath based meditation and do it every day forever - it is simple but difficult and worth it. Dont let others muddy the waters.

Lol why the fuck would you do that you virgin, just install tinder and get your dick wet.

without the right framework and philosophy all you're gonna do is strengthen your sitting posture and lower your blood-pressure, but no actual spiritual progress will be made so you'll just be staring at your navel forever

spoken like a 13 year old whose never been drunk
>wow alcohol must be so cool, I wish I could drink it one day and get drunk like my uncle does!!! it'll fix all my problems hyuk hyuk

This, look at a book called "Mindfulness in Plain English". I thought it was a really helpful read, got it on recommendation on a different meditation thread.

Attached: 24380850.jpg (308x475, 27K)

Spiritual meditation is bullshit. What you are looking for is mindfulness. You're basically sitting still for 10 minutes, focusing on your breath and the way your body feels while laying down (the clothes brushing against your skin etc).

You would't happen to be able to recommend some qi-gong books for a beginner, would you? All I can find are western exercise qi-gong books.

Qi-gong find a teacher cause your playing with fire

The type of meditation that you seem to be seeking is mindfulness meditation. Headspace is a really good app to get into the habit of meditating.

Essentially, meditation in general is the ability to control your awareness. We, as humans, tend to always have something on our mind, whether it's good or bad.

Meditation is pretty much having a birds-eye-view of what is going on; the thoughts you have; how they make you feel, etc.
By training your awareness, you can become conscious of what's going on in your mind. This means that rather than being the victim to your thought processes, you can choose to redirect your awareness elsewhere.

That's pretty much what 'Alchemy' is. Forget all of that story-tale bullshit about changing metals into gold. Alchemy originated as the ability to transmute your thoughts into whatever you want.

The ancient Greeks and Egyptians believed that our mind is like a pendulum that swings back and fore, representing our emotional well-being. In Buddhism, meditation practise aims to halt that pendulum from swinging by as much as possible. As cool as that sounds, it also reduces the swing towards happiness.

Alchemy, however, is the ability to be able to keep the pendulum swinging in the right way, while minimising the swing in the opposite direction - essentially meaning that unhappiness becomes something you can almost cut out entirely.
As you become better at meditating (you can maintain focusing on nothing - or whatever you want to specifically focus on), you will become much more proficient at tasks that require attention.
Meditation is literally training your brain to be able to think what you want, when you want.

youtube.com/watch?v=fz57mdSPgMI this guy does a pretty edgy video and explains it pretty well.

If you want a clear explanation, check out my blog-description of awareness in pic-related.

Good luck OP!

Attached: 203b5605ab[1].png (486x856, 64K)

Damn, I'll never learn then, I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and don't have the resources to pay a dude, but I'll take your word for it. Anything tangentially related like meditation or martial art books? I ain't looking to become the next Buddha or nothing, would just like to get a better grasp of chakras, chi and and all that stuff, and if it helps keep me fit, than its a win-win.

>the internet exists

Nihilism, as intended, is the path to create meaning for yourself trough your own will for a inherently meaningless existence, that at any moment could end trough things that are completly out of your control.
Once you have accepted that the world is out of your control you can move on to true happiness, which can only be found by inner virtue. Everything else boils down to simple fortune and misfortune, and thus should be disregarded.

Not sure if I understand you'r question, but one reason you have to focus on something and not try to blank your mind is because the mind is intentional. Which means your mind is always busy and always finding something new to focus on. It needs a focus.

So you do not get rid of focus/intentionality but you hone this element of your mind (reduce the unintentionality/randomness of your intentionality). Use that focus to create tranquility through delibarate focus and concentration.
One of the easiest way to start with this focus is to use something as relatively non complex and steady as your own breath.

>someone you love
PLS DELET

Damn..