Top paediatrician demands a 10,000% increase in weight loss surgery for children to avoid 'obesity apocalypse'

Top paediatrician demands a 10,000% increase in weight loss surgery for children to avoid 'obesity apocalypse'.

Is he right, fit?

> Britain's most senior paediatrician has called for a 100-fold increase in weight loss operations on children to ward off an impending 'obesity apocalypse'.

> Professor Russell Viner, president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH), said NHS surgery for overweight teens could be the only way to 'rescue' them from the 'vicious cycle' of a poor diet and bad health.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5516599/Top-child-doctor-calls-100-fold-increase-weight-loss-surgery.html

Attached: 4A54B20000000578-5516599-image-a-1_1521420696786.jpg (634x423, 53K)

>trying to fix mental illness with surgery
Sure turned out well for the trannies, right?

>Weight loss surgery
Completly useless, they'll just gain the weight back in a years time, what they need is a healthy diet and competent parents, all weight loss is going to do is give them temporary skinniness.

Attached: tenor.gif (320x240, 470K)

Useless and very dangerous. Should change their diet, brits eat most fat and dairy heavy diets in europe, they look sick. Much like americans

Trannies life quality improves significantly after hormone therapy and bettered body dismorphia

Attached: 63efa5553db7c51508a1af9d34e1e9de8e5752b6_hq.gif (540x286, 1.4M)

Just wait this guy will be stood down due to bullying or someshit

>Trannies life quality improves significantly after hormone therapy and bettered body dismorphia

Lol no you fucking retard

>life quality improved
If you think an abrupt end is an improvement, sure

Pretty sure they kill themselves..

we're getting side-tracked here lads

There are too many people as it is. Let them die

You think people that spend a decade saving up and convincing people that they need a sex change operation are going to tell people they don't actually feel better once its over?

Their fantasy is destroyed when it meets reality. Having to insert a foreign object in to the open wound between your legs to stop your body from trying to heal it closed it is not an improvement in quality of life. Vaginal dilation is the process in which the post-op patient must insert a phallic object inside their new "vagina" multiple times a day for months to ensure it remains functional after surgery.

How about you cut a dick sized hole in your body and intentionally stop it healing with a dildo and tell me how your quality of life has improved.

If you give kids surgery and you don't teach them to control themselves you're just going to have a bunch of whiney boogies running around and they'll all get fat again because "it's so hard"

Is it possible to get fat again if you have a gastric bypass?

Of course. You can slowly expand the stomach again over time. Plenty of gastric bypass patients regain the weight

Reckon it'd be dangerous in kids because bypass surgeries generally cause malabsoprtion afterwards (and micronutrient deficiency could be an issue), but in adults gastric bypasses have excellent outcomes. One of my professors of endocrinology is trying to push for the threshhold to be lowered because the ~£10,000 cost of surgery saves far more than that down the line from complications of obesity (it's in the UK, so there's the NHS to consider). Dietary and lifestyle advice is all well and good but from a public health perspective it has terrible outcomes for weight loss.
You're thinking of a gastric band, not a gastric bypass. Gastric bypasses are pretty excellent at keeping the weight off.

You are full of shit. Brits eat loads of bread and beer.

Iceland and France have diets full of dairy products and fatty meats and fish and are some of the least prone to heart disease of the whole world. Take your bullshit vegan propaganda elsewhere you fucking faggot.

Attached: lies.jpg (474x554, 60K)

being in shape is going to give Veeky Forums people an enormous advantage in the future.

The obesity epidemic around the world is only going to get worse and worse around the world as governments maintain their stance of looking the other way. I say let it continue. It will give me an enormous advantage 10-15 years from now, both financially, physically, and spiritually

GODDAMMIT WHY CANT WE JUST JAIL FAT FUCKS UNTIL THEY LOSE WEIGHT

>what is imminent socialized medicine

not as long as dems keep fucking up elections

>>trying to fix mental illness with surgery
this is probably boogie trying to justify his fatness, but no childhood obesity has more to do with bad parenting. You don't over feed your children like your pets, they don't get fat, however, if you feed them what you eat and you are fat, or give them sweets and fatty food to make them "happy." they will get fat.

muh human rights, muh habeas corpus

>he thinks the west will survive 15 years from now

After 2024 the US will be permanently blue from the shitskins. Then comes your universal healthcare. I can't wait to pay for Laquieshas obese 7 year olds with my tax dollars

I'm a metabolic researcher at Harvard. The, "Obesity Epidemic", is going to become uncontainable in the proceeding 20 years. I trust you've seen the recent surge in Cancer and Mental Illnesses? These are both caused primarily by excess fat. We project these diseases to triple or quadruple in the next two decades. The health system as it currently stands CAN NOT facilitate this move. It will collapse. We must move to a private healthcare system before it's too late. Mortality will be somewhere in the 50's if we don't get a handle on it.

At least in the great depression 2.0 won't have starvation.