Motivation

What motivates you to workout, Veeky Forums?

I used to be a huge cross-fit guy (minus the douchey bragging) and worked out at least 4 times a week.

Now I'm 21, haven't been to a gym in a year and I'm growing an african belly (Skinny body, big ol' gut).

I'm in university and there's a gym there, but I never feel like doing it. I know I want to get fit and start working out again. But then I tell myself "I have to condition myself before hitting the gym again" But I never feel on the mood to go running and I never do it.

Nowadays I eat boneless wings, pizza, and doughnuts and drink and smoke cigarettes like there's no tomorrow.

How do I motivate myself to get working out again? What pushes you?

Attached: 21430183_2003847779852645_5904228744361512688_n.png (499x374, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wa4VfAtnv1g
youtube.com/watch?v=eFah8TCWOro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I lift so that the voice in the back of my head telling me to commit suicide will one day disappear. I also have a deep interest in fashion so I have an exact body type I want to mimic

I see the occasional photo of myself and fill with such self-loathing at my 3/10 face (for real) that despite knowing I'll be alone forever rage still fuels me to try to improve my body

I always hear that rage is an option, but the truth is that I'm not an angry person. I'm pretty mellow. But everytime I sit down and feel my gut flow over my legs I genuinely cringe. I sometimes grab it and tug at it hoping I could just tear it off like a velcro strip.

It never truely leaves user

I was a really fat kid and it affects long term shit. I have to work out or else i will get even more obese and eventually have life cut short....not to mention I enjoy going on runs. Helps clear the mind at times...sometimes.

Fuck motivation. Discipline.

Feels good, man

The post-workout pumps usually motivate me or the thought of hitting a PR

>I want a superhero bod
>I want a bod that girls find desirable
> I want to be strong/big enough to be legitimately able to defend myself if I ever get in a fight
>joining marines and feel like no one will take me seriously if I'm not big
>I want to look in the mirror and not hate what I see (probably have some degree of body dysmorphia)

I recently broke up with my girlfriend. I set a hefty goal i wanted to reach and it helps me to think of something else and keep me out of a long depression i just had.

I keep looking forward and cant wait till i hit my bodyfat goal.

>What motivates you to workout, Veeky Forums?
I was a fat fuck. This year I am graduating from college and i'm going to be in a wedding a couple months later. Saw it as the ideal time to finally get my shit together. Still have a ways to go but heres my progress

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 10.38.37 PM.png (412x548, 370K)

The fact I'll be able to eat more than a tiny recommended portion of food afterwards.

I know,a small piece of meat on a plate looks sad,so I usually eat way more than the dumb recommendations.I exersize,and I'm not fat,so I can.Instead of eating one sad slice of pizza,I usually eat 2-4 normal ones.Sometimes portion size pisses me off.I eat more than 1½ a cup of pasta because honest to god I am a hungry person.

With things like pizza,I only eat one slice.That is a satisfying,Sensible portion.I usually cut the single slice in half too to cut down my calorie count more.I hate seeing people eat a whole hamburger,that's unhealthy.You only need 1½ a regular burger,a child's handful of fries,and water.People eat too much.People should eat tiny,sensible,satisfying portions.

Are you a fucking midget?

You're crazy

I spent 4.5k hours on dota and I'm only 4k. I realized i needed to get a new hobby fucking pronto.
Been lifting five days a week for two months now

One small slice is more then enough food for adult.Are you the fat ass fuck that eats a giant ¼ pound cheeseburger with a giant bucket of fries and a calorie loaded shake?Take the milkshake away and you have enough food for two adults.

So I can perform exceptionally when I get this job

Attached: Firefighter.jpg (1600x702, 226K)

I lift so that one day I can hold Elon Musk like a baby

I wouldn't even give a small slice of pizza to a toddler.I usually eat 3-4 regular slices,and a salad.If I had a toddler,i'd give him one large slice of pizza,a nice plate of salad,and some water.

You were not fat as fuck, but congratulations your progress is amazing!

How much do you need to eat?One slice with a dressing-free salad is a sensible portion for adults.

We need a new thread to talk about portion sizes.Also,
That's way too much food.I would take that and split it between 3 meals.

That's a good sized portion.That's want I eat on average.Ignore the fags that are starving themselves with one slice of pizza instead of three or four.

I won't be lifting for girls because I'm over that now, but I'm genuinely curious, how did women react to you guys becoming Veeky Forums? How different was it from when you were skinny/skinnyfat/fat?

I lift to try and be the man I wish I had in my life when I was younger, and to be the brother my siblings could look up to

I eat pretty clean so rarely have pizza or burgers and never milkshakes but have giant fucking plates of bean/rice/pasta/roasted veggies whatever else. A lot of us are trying to gain muscle here. What is the point of your notion of a sensible portion?

Shut the fuck up wings

Lots of reasons. At this point its mostly simple discipline and is self rewarding. I go because I have too, and its kind of fun.

I want to be hot. Also want to be impressively strong. Both related to how women and men respectively percieve me. Underlying confidence issues and avoidant personality disorder are at work. Im assuming people like me or judge me mostly based on my looks, but that's false.

Also want to feel better/stronger than everyone. Kind of narcissistic.

Want to be healthy. I'm a nurse and I see what being a fat fuck does to you.

Plus dad's fit and wanna make him proud.

Plus army requires fitness. All my coworkers arr fit too.

Nothing motivates me I just do it because I want to be big and fit.
Why do you need motivation to do such a thing

it feels good to be strong and people treat you better, plus you're healthier and operate like a real human being instead of a humpbacked desk-jockey lardass that most of humanity has become

>Wanted to lift out of revenge and to get girls
>Moved on
>Now lift so that I can make myself and my family proud

I wonder where I'll be with this more healthy mindset? Also, post motivational music:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wa4VfAtnv1g
youtube.com/watch?v=eFah8TCWOro

Attached: tifa.jpg (660x1020, 408K)

Thanks bro. Feels good!

>Friend I want to date moved to the same place as I did for uni
>Her bf lives in a town about 3 hours away
>We both start going to the gym
>Hopefully I can cuck that guy out of his gf

Starting watching what I eat and working out for my wife and kids.

Number one man killer is fat heart. Didn't want to have a dad bod.

Going from being class clown tier fat kid in HS to genuinely getting looks from women was pretty jarring. Still a virgin tho.

Was living life very poorly for a couple years. I have an addictive personality and I started drinking, going out all the time, and got on coke. Stopped pursuing soccer and guitar as well. I ended up dropping out of college.

Now Im turning things around. The gym serves as my base. It keeps me grounded and helps me stay happy. I’ve gotten to the point we’re I need to go to the gym each day.

a girl in one of my classes is the sole reason I am now working out, in the vague hope I can get something to happen. class will eventually end and I will never speak to her again, but at least I'll have a tite bod till the sadness returns.

You have depression, user. Please get medical help for it. If you go on an SSRI, suggest Escitalopram as it's one of the few antidepressants that cause a bit of weightloss, rather than weight gain.

I do it for her

I keep pictures of myself from when I was morbidly obese and look at them whenever I need to remind myself why I should bother eating clean or lifting.

>didn't know Escitalopram is an antidepressant
>my mom is on it

Oh my

Attached: 8fb.jpg (1060x404, 157K)

I remember when I had enough Chinese to lay 300 acres of railroad a day but now I can only lay 25 and that motivates me to be the best I can be

This. If you're doing anything, you're already motivated. If you KEEP doing the thing, that's discipline.

People fail because they lack discipline.

I don't know why I lift, I'm depressed as fuck. I just figure when I stop being depressed and want to experience the world again it will be beneficial being big and strong. Also schizophrenic and paranoid of strangers so knowing I can beat up any group of them has made me much more comfortable in public