Does using a hexbar count as a legitimate deadlift?

Does using a hexbar count as a legitimate deadlift?

Attached: hexbar.jpg (1000x1000, 523K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AcAGwwyf_xE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not a powerlifting deadlift, but who cares? It works the same muscles and it's an easier and safer motion.

they're not the same exercise so no

It's more like a hack squat than a deadlift.

No it's better

If I had one of these it would be my only lower body movement besides calf raises and maybe lunges or front squats

Yes it is. If you want to do powerlifting, you can still use it but you are going to have to practice the competition lift. If not do it all you want. It's easier on the back and works all the same muscles in a similar way.

Subtract about 150 Lbs from your Number and thats you real Deadlift.

cope

This is true. Everyone I know who does it lifts more than their regular deadlift.

I definitely wouldn't say there's a 150lb Delta though, maybe 50-75 tops

It's the same overall movement but it puts you in a significantly more mechanically advantageous position. A 3pl8 trap bar deadlift =/= a 3pl8 Olympic bar deadlift.

Maybe if your squat is equal to your dead

My squat was only like 335 compared to my 485 deadlift and my trap bar deadlift was equal to my regular dead since my quads were so weak comparatively

ur a fuckn idioit
its a huge fuckn block deadlift

Lol which is what he said. Blocks don’t add 150 lbs to a deadlift. I’ve tried some block heights that are harder than from the floor

been contemplating getting one of these for my home gym since not enough room to deadlift regular style.

What's the difference between this and just leg pressing for quad development ?

ITT trolls
hex bar deadlifted requires super grip strength and is way harder. normal deadlift you can do the reverse grip so grip strength doesnt even matter
ps enjoy tearing your biceps barbell fags
hexbar forever

Yeah this guy nails it, it’s like benching on the smith machine dude, gives you inflated numbers. Great if you just like to ego lift tho.

Attached: 0CF1BF54-4902-4DAF-A969-7DBB1D84C590.png (1280x720, 907K)

Hahahaha are you retarded? It’s waaaaay fucking easier. I CANNOT diddy 505. Plateaued at lmao4pl8 almost five months ago. But I can leg press it and I can hex bar deadlift it. It may not add exactly 150 pounds to your dead but it certainly fucking feels like it.

Attached: 4BEFE622-AF2D-4736-BF03-0087627A781F.jpg (1085x1217, 147K)

Let’s just all attack each other for different views
It’s different for everyone. I’ve found that All of my deadlift variations are within 40-50lbs of each other
I have a 650 haack deadlift
605Jefferson
635 trap bar and
615 sumo and a 605 conventional the only difference is that I have to wear a belt for sumo and conventional because they’re stupid and put unnecessary strain on your lower back with high weight even with perfect form

It does work similar muscles IF you lift the bar slightly in front of you (I.e. the center of mass is in the same place as it would be for a straight bar). If the center of mass stays in line with your own, then it's more akin to a squat (but with some isometric work for your traps/forearms/lats of course).

what is going through the guy in that picture's mind?

Suffering is eternal and gender is a social construct

It's a different exercise. It's not a "safe" version of a conventional deadlift. If anything it seems like a quarter squat to me.

Way harder? No.

Absolutely. I played D1 football for three years and they refused to let us straight bar deadlift due to the high probability of us fucking something up and injuring ourselves. We used hex bars instead. It is literally the same lift with slightly different activation in your forearms and shoulders that can be compensated for with auxiliary lifts.

Our trainer also thought 1RM power clean was a great idea too though so I guess he didn't care too much about injuries.

>615 sumo and a 605 conventional the only difference is that I have to wear a belt for sumo and conventional because they’re stupid and put unnecessary strain on your lower back
What is torque

I'd rather lift 150 more lbs, and get called an "ego lifter" than snap my shit just to say I'm still doing the more popular version of it

Idk lol i don’t know you’re geeky science shit Nor do I care I just pick shit up and put it down

no

This isn’t an all or nothing proposition. You can do both. Both are advantageous. It’s not like you can’t also use other variations of the lifts from time to time. Intermediate strength training almost always does.

At my shitty college gym some fag managed to fuck his back up diddlying 2pl8 so now they lock the he's bar away and only let certain classes use it. Fucking dyels ruin everything

I did 455 with hex bar and 415 with olympic.

Attached: The Cat in the Hat.mp4_snapshot_00.41.29_[2017.11.18_19.16.04].jpg (1920x1080, 986K)

Only if you don't use the bitch handles.

Attached: do you like m-.png (355x366, 222K)

trap bar deadlifts are actually more dangerous than deadlifts. in the normal deadlift with proper form the bar should be locked against your legs with your lats preventing lateral (forward and back) movement of the bar. in the hex bar the bar is free to swing forward and back and this can obviously put different pressures on your vertebrae very quickly. couple this with the fact that most peoples deadlift form is atrocious and it becomes even more dangerous

I didn't know your lats disappeared when you use a hex bar.

It’s a common misconception I’m not surprised you overlooked it

do you have any evidence of this? I've literally never heard anything except it being much safer

>that forward knee travel

I have never been able to find a position on this thing that isn't really awkward feeling, the fact that it allows more weight than deadlift is crazy

If you're not deadlifting conventional, you're not deadlifting.

It counts as a legitimate hex dead lift. It's legit, just don't say your hex numbers are conventional or sumo numbers.

The difference is the hex is specifically for working just your legs. The bar will work both your lower back and legs more. You just have more room for error with a bar. But you can safely build up your squat numbers with a hex. It depends in your situation. Both are good if they are available.

OMFG LOL

hits hammies and lower back slightly less than a regular DL, hits quads more.

>brainlet doesn't understand what happens at max pull
Please don't post ever again

/Ourguy/ Alphadestiny said they're great so I do them

And how do you control lock out position?

>hex bar
>clearly 8 sided
It's a bar of lies and it will lie to you about your gains.

As Veeky Forums has taught me, you don't count the bar, so it's actually only two-sided.

How are power cleans in any shape or form dangerous?

This just popped in my mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=AcAGwwyf_xE

>Snapped my leg on the pitch 11 months ago.
>Found one of these at the local gym and looked at a couple BB.com and their "trainers" YouTube pages.
It doesn't cause my ankle to swell as much and allows me to focus on evening out my legs, gluteus, and lower back. Grip gains are nice, legs are coming back slowly, and I think I'm the only one to use it in the last couple years. I prefer it for working sets but if I'm trying to go for numbers, I go for diddy. I flip tires after every workout to as well which helps.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x1448, 194K)

>tfw my gym doesnt have a hexbar

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

Cope harder pls

No. I hit 405 in a hex bar like 3 months beforw i could dl 405 with a oly bar.

i wish i could try one of those bars, looks way more natural. seems like it would help tall people, though manlets might not feel that much difference. never liked having to worry about the bar hitting/scraping my legs.

Doing a hex bar deadlift is just doing a half squat. Not impressive in any way other than potentially grip strength

it's safer and better for people who aren't planning on powerlifting.

even greg nuckols admits it's the best default pulling style. not everyone can do the conventional deadlift, some people just aren't built for it. and it's not a question of mobility, it's a question of ROM ability.

The reason why it's safer is because it uses different muscles. Its not a deadlift, its just a half squat with the bar in a difference postition

>benching on a smith machine
seems fucking dangerous senpai

Do you lift in a breadbox...?

Attached: 14C77173-8897-4785-85E5-E5F9083C0E59.jpg (750x450, 158K)

Nice projection coping faggot

>super grip strength
Hahahaha what
Mixed grip is advantageous because it prevents the bar from trying to "roll" your fingers open. Hex bar also has an opposing grip and can't roll, so it's just as easy.

>ITT: weak backed idiots who don't know how to do a proper diddly

No, its a quarter squat with the bar in the hands.

NO a basement.. already full of benches and racks and stuff. Old house so not big space and this would fit my needs perfectly.

hex bar uses a lot more quads in the motion than DL

DL you are relying more on your hams

>Iconic movie scene

left/right balance, and trap bar lift has much more hip hinging than leg press does. Bonus points for grip training even with straps.

Literally nothing wrong with that

no, not for the purpose of comparing numbers on the internet with people who are lying anyway

it's closer to a conventional deadlift (and further from a squat) than sumo deadlift is t. nuckols

haven't tried it myself but it looks like a fun meme

This, the hexbar is safer and allows for greater loads. Requires less technique too

no. consider suicide if you think yes.

guy in OPs pic should flip the bar over for more range of motion

It is if you don't use raised handles.