Brainstorming a perfect portfolio

Can we create a objectively profitable long-term portfolio? This is, one with the best ratio of risk/reward for hodling an entire year. It probably won't moon, it probably won't even increase tenfold, but not it won't get JOOSTed either. As long as the crypto market exists (it could be dead in a year's time, who knows), this portfolio must thrive.

It is meant to be divided into each corresponding coin wallet. Hardware wallets, paper wallets, whatever they are, but having full control over it. Not in an exchange, since we're not going to trade. If it was in an exchange, it would at the very least be in a reputable, liquid one (Kraken perhaps?) that you can cash out from when the time comes.

I'll start:

>40% BTC
>20% BTH
>20% ETH
>10% XMR
>10% Any alt that's at least in the top 100 of market cap, having done proper research - preferably if it has at least one year of life

Rules:
1. The portfolio with the most (You) wins.
2. Any coin that's not Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Dash, Litecoin or Monero must be referred to as "alt". So we don't engage in with linkies.
3. Do not explain your rationale behind it. If the portfolio is good, it won't need your explanation.

Other urls found in this thread:

litecoin.com/services#merchants
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no Ark

> not gonna make it

1 BTC
1 BCH (to pass the shitstorm)
10 LTC
10 XMR
1 DASH
And then a bit of funds for pnd shitcoins

This is my goal tbqh family

---- This comment violates rule number 2 - Please disregard ----

Please, use percentages as this portfolio must be designed regardless of the capital available to invest.

>10% BTC
>30% BTC
>15% BTC
>40% BTC
>5% BTC

Approved. Try grouping all percentages of the same coin into one next time. In this case:

>100% BTC

Low risk
100% BTC

High risk
50% LINK
50% XVG

40% BTC

20% ETH

10% XMR

10% NEO

10% OMG

5% ARK

5% ETP

Euhm

1 BTC = 8200$
1 BCH = 1300$
10 LTC= 700$
10 XMR = 1500$
1 DASH = 500$

sum: 12200$

BTC = 67%
BCH = 10%
LTC = 5.7%
XMR = 10%
DASH = 4%

give or take a bit

40% BTC
30%ETH
20% XMR
10% LTC

60% ETH
25% BTC
15% NEO

I don't even own any of these right now. But I do know what's safe.

50% BTC (the BTC that will win the war, can be BTC BTH LTC etc.)

20% ETH

30% POWR

Anything else at this point is shitcoins or scams.The coins above can only go up.

wow you're autistic

This is more or less my portfolio aside from alts.

>long term
>an entire year!
C'mon op, get your head out of your ass. 9/10 we go into a bearish market for the majority of the year. Picks should be coins that should be traded / evaluated against / with fiat.

Well, Iconomi's BLX is a portfolio which is on %50 gains this month, outperforming bitcoin (for now).
Bitcoin 15.00 %
Ethereum 14.15 %
Dash 12.60 %
Monero 12.34 %
Lisk 10.22 %
Waves 5.73 %
Steem 4.42 %
Augur 3.65 %
Golem 3.34 %
MaidSafeCoin 2.83 %
Basic Attention Token 2.78 %
DigixDAO 2.71 %
Factom 2.18 %
GameCredits 2.08 %
Siacoin 2.05 %
SingularDTV 1.49 %
iExec 0.90 %
Aragon 0.70 %
WeTrust 0.41 %
Synereo 0.21 %
Matchpool 0.21 %
I have 50% BLX, 25% ETH and 25% BTC

Bitcoin 50%
Bitcoin Cash 30%
Dash 10%
Monero 10%

I call this the "digital cash" strategy.
It's weighted more towards alts since there is a risk of Bitcoin failing at that. BTC is still the most significant holding though.
If lightning network is proven on the live network and seems to be getting adoption I'll move more into Bitcoin.

>Do not explain your rationale behind it. If the portfolio is good, it won't need your explanation.
no u

50% ETH
50% XMR

>100% LTC

ETH 20%
ARK 20%
XMR 20%
NEO 20%
REQ 20%

I like this idea and it's similar to my portfolio except I have a larger stake in Dash.

Sell me on LTC.

Objectively:
>Lowest fees
>Quickest transactions (out of decentralized coins)
>Gets onboard with the latest upgrades before anyone else (SegWit/Lightning)>
>Tried and tested (old coin)
>Historically stable, very little volatility (only spiked when it got added to Coinbase and only dipped during the btc forks, like every other coin)

Personally though, I really like:
>The community around it, as they aren't cancer tribalists who attack people for using/supporting other coins.
>They collaborate with other coins and systems instead of seeking to damage the crypto ecosystem, as BCH does.

70% ETH
10% btc
5% zcash
5% qtum
10% link, sia, stratis

..also LTC is on most exchanges, so easily accessible.

What's it's use?

Nah I just like larping as an autist.

In crypto an entire year is an eternity to be honest. I meant it in the sense of just "leaving it there" without having to be constantly up to date with the last developments.

Small-scale transactions.

you are going to make it user

What businesses accept it as payment?

Not enough currently, I wish BitPay would pick up Litecoin as it's far better for transactions.

There's a list here:

litecoin.com/services#merchants

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

>I meant it in the sense of just "leaving it there" without having to be constantly up to date with the last developments.
100% on ETH then, when even the news of Vitalik being a pedo didn't keep it from rising, you know it's the safest, most idiot-proof to get rich.

Yup, ETH will definitely be in my portfolio. But so far I've made most of my gains thanks to Bitcoin Cash.
So perhaps 20% ETH.

75% BTG
25% ETC