Is it true that when you have lower back pain from deadlifts, squats, military press, bent-over rows...

Is it true that when you have lower back pain from deadlifts, squats, military press, bent-over rows, the actual cure is to do MORE of these things?

Attached: 1520935817998.jpg (3264x2448, 713K)

im going to have to ask for the orginali sauce

Idk if my lower back pain is from training or from sitting all day. It just appeared some day after a (shitty form) squat PR. I stopped doing squats and diddies after that for some time and the pain seemed to go away. But then it came back after I only deadlifted like 225lbs, so I stopped again and now do only bodyweight.
I have no idea what type of injury it is, but it still flares up when I sleep on my side instead of sleeping on my back. (It's not as bad as pain after DLs, but I still acknowledge its existance)

Most of the time it’s just DOMS. Keep doing them even when your back is sore but do some light warmup sets/stretching and you’ll feel fine

It's sharp pangs of pain, so it's not DOMS.

Might be an aggravated nerve then. Do a couple weeks of deloading with light weight and you should be able to go heavy again

Damn pepe looks like THAT?

Can you post the original pic? Asking for a friend

what i remember, the most commonly shared advice is if its stabby kind of pain in the back you need to lay off and/or correct form, if its some non-stabby (i don't know a fitting word other than "consistent over an area") pain then you are probably just sore and it's back DOMS

this mostly applies for deadlifts but other back stuff too

no, it's not true as a blanket statement, that's just some backwards rippetoe logic

herniated a disc? hurr durr squat 315 for reps until it gets better

it depends on the individual case

don't listen to this guy, rippetoe never stated to squat 315 for reps. It's better if u wait a week, then start off suppperr light, like nearly just the bar, for high volume while doing mcgill big 3 like canditos said, and maybe decompression if u think it's a spinal issue. the last thing u want to do is not be active. I'm also recovering, best of luck to the both of us

Pain or soreness?
Soreness yes
Pain no you idiot

slipped/herniated disc. this is why heavy deadlift and squats should be avoided

how does one fix this?

by going to a doctor and being recommended to a physiologist

the amount of people here who equate some lower back tightness to a herniated disc is pretty fucking ridiculous

Yes. Use a foam roller to remove your back spasms and do more back strengthening excercises and focus on posture.

You can live a normal life with herniated disks and extreme black damage, but you have to have a godly back and core to do it.
>t. former paratrooper

lot of controversy surrounding the efficacy of rehab for a bulging/protruding/herniated discs.

you can treat and decrease the signs and symptoms and address any inflammation present but can rehab/PT/exercise truly return the disc to a normal position? research is mixed. i suppose the question is: if i have less pain and can return to normal life after rehab then wasn't it "treated?"

you'll have anecdotal evidence from both sides. "oh, PT/rehab made it so i was finally pain-free after years. blah, blah."

"it did nothing, only surgery helped."

"i got a chiro every month and it's not a problem anymore."

"my chiro gave me a stroke."

etc. surgery is an option in dire situations.

you can herniate a disc by simply bending over improperly. it's unfair to say that heavy lifting is the culprit, even more so to avoid it altogether.

Pls post original i want a test boost for a 2.5pl8 PR I'm going to do after 30 minutes

Discs will herniate regardless of whether you even do exercise. Our spines did not evolve to be upright until fairly recently, they’re not fit for purpose.

The correct reaction to this is NOT to avoid strengthening the bones, tendons and muscles holding it all together.

Ye does anyone have original pic?

the state of this board is not funny anymore

>Pain is DOMS
You will all cripple yourself one day and it's gonna be awesome.

I know reddit is ruining Veeky Forums

Attached: Angry pepe.jpg (414x508, 27K)

Gay soyboy

I had a very sore lower back from doing jumping pistols with poor form. I did regular heavy back squats with good form and the pain immediately went away

Acute is the word you are looking for

Depends

First step is getting rid of movement / stressor that is aggravating that pain (learning proper form in case of pain caused by lifting, bad movement in daily life otherwise) , if you do this next stop is strengthening core muscles (and by that i dont mean only abs, it also means obliques and other

Then lifting with proper form and slow and steady overload helps getting rid of pain.

But its not the case always, sometimes it can be trapped nerve (sciatica) and then you might need to look into things lioe nerve flossing etc

Read Stuart McGill books back mechanic and /or gift of injury

>tfw I recognize the original pic this is from. And I have it on my pc at home. If I remember I'll post it here when I get home

I back this.
Herniated my l4, avoided lifting for years. Couldn’t even reach down and tie my shoes. Started stretching, foam rolling, core strengthing and eventually squatting. Feels better than it ever has

Attached: 28pX68D.jpg (3264x2448, 379K)

mc kill urself xD

It means you should brace properly and do glute activations before you lift