Are abs a waste of time?

Are abs a waste of time?
I know you’ll never get a six pack or lose fat just by doing an workouts, but are they necessary to maintain a stable core for bigger lifts or are obliques more important?

Attached: 65397B66-28D0-4F47-966F-91D4B93B711F.jpg (300x273, 19K)

Just do some leg raises as a warmup before every workout session. Even Arnold did this shit except with roman chair.

YES. Training your abs will help you immensely on your big lifts. It'll improve your posture. It'll hypertrophy your abs. Every time we have a "what meme did you fall for" or "what do you wish you knew when you started lifting" thread, people ALWAYS say, "I wish I didn't fall for the "Compounds are enough for your abs meme"". Train your abs with big effective movements like ab wheel, hanging leg raises, and dragon flags

This is what Veeky Forums should be like.

Pretty much this.

things like KB hollow body pullovers are great for you as well. Master the Hollow body. There's a lot of variations to do with a hollow body that are challenging

Thanks bruv

Yes it’s a waste of time

Obliques aren't that important for stabilisation compared to abs and erectors (important caveat here: that's for most big compounds. It's a whole different story when you start talking about unilateral lifts or unstable stuff like a yoke walk).

Work your fucking abs. Doesn't really matter how but it's got to be done. Can't fire a cannon in a canoe.

Yeah, I'm strongfat and don't really have any interest in abs but I still do ab rollouts once a week. Compounds are only enough to make you good at compound movements. I noticed better posture, and more general day to day strength when I started doing ab work. Not doing abs is as much of a meme as not doing curls. You'll never get them good enough even with chins.

>Are abs a waste of time?
is this true? If so should I stop doing planks and sit ups before bed?

If you can squat at least 185 with good form and have good posture plus below 12% you’ll have visible abs. What’s the point

>Can't fire a cannon in a canoe.

That's what fucking your mom last night felt like.

what are obliques even important for?

I mostly ignore them and my abs are starting to look pretty good

This. Leg raises are by far my favorite bodyweight exercise. If you can effectively do dragon flags, even better.

are these a waste of time if they aren't raised leg raises?

Good post.

All about difficulty

leg raises

Resisting rotation/offset force.

Regular DB press? doesn't require a lot of oblique strength. One-arm DB press? You'll find out rather fast what they're good for.

Definitely not a waste of time. Without a good core you are more prone to injuries (especially if not a manlet), improve posture, and helps improve energy transfer throughout the body

Include me, I fell for this meme as well

So how’s high school? Enjoying your sophomore year?

this x 9000

Is doing leg raises on this an acceptable substitute for hanging from a bar? My grip gives out before my abs if I hang and I dont have straps