Barbell Row

How do you do them Veeky Forums?
>Strictly horizontal or more upright back? >Pulling to the chest or to the abdomen?
>Narrow or wide grip?
What difference do these make in your back development?

Attached: bent-over-rows-illustration.jpg (736x804, 93K)

I lay flat on a bench with barbell on the floor, pull shoulders back, grip shoulder width apart with overhand grip, pull towards chest

the only way

Isn´t that like half ROM?

No, because you do a mini hyperextension and pull the shoulders back so you blades touch

I don't really think so, it's all about that tight concentric contraction in your upper back muscles

I use the ez bar and alternate my grips and position.

I end up doing like 8x8 on three different grip variations to try and activate different muscles.

I just do them standing and bent over. Just above horizontal cause I've got long fucking arms

Barbell Rows caused me to have tendinitis in my elbow for 6 months.

Luckily it’s completely healed now, that was the first time I had experienced a nagging I injury, it started when I introduced barbell Rows.

Pendlay.

Anything else is beta tier.

Seal rows are based

the same thing execpt lazier

smith machine. one arm. lol. most alpha.

When doing them i noticed my torso was slanted towards the right instead of being perfectly aligned with my hips, is that something I should worry about?

yes, nip assemetries in the bud, if you body anthrometry is weird and you are getting an even symmetrical contraction, you may be alright, but do a form video or better yet get a coach to check.

pendlay rows are awesome

Pendlays
Anyone know whether the bar is meant to be lined up with your toes or mid foot? I feel I got memed by Thrall cause his video suggests toes, but was thinking of there's another reason for it.
Pretty much all other videos shows mid foot but they're just rows not pendlays. Lift easier and more on mid though

I dunno, I do Thrall's at the toes way, if I were doing midfoot like a DL, my knees would be in the way since I'm not reducing the angle of my hips as I lift, unlike a DL.

I believe it's time to start barbell rows. Dumbells at my gym only get to 25 kg max.
Shit man.

My rows were absolute shit until I started doing mid foot. They're still shit but... not as bad I guess

As long as your arms are 90 degrees to the floor when they're on the bar you're good.

it depends on your torso length desu

This but with dumbells for better ROM

I love these with dumbbells

>Thrall
>SS Coach
>Rows
>ever
Stop larping nigger

it's been ages since I saw this, I got the book in my library it's that one by the Frenchfag right?