Was I in the wrong here, Veeky Forums?

I have a question, but first, a bit of story time:

>Wake up. Drink coffee and ritual pre-workout /sip/
>Head to gym. Leg day. Pumped for squats
>Get there. Gym has two squat racks, both taken.
>One guy is using the rack for deadlifts
>Other is sitting on a bench next to the rack, not in it
>No weight on the bar, towel on it
>No problem, he's probably just getting ready
>Do hamstring curls in the mean time
>Guy never puts weight on the bar, doesn't even touch it
>Do some calf raises
>Guy still hasn't touched the bar. 10 minutes have passed
>Getting pissed because neither rack has opened
>Do some walking lunges
>Guy still hasn't touched his bar or put up weight, leaves weight room for 5 minutes
>20 minutes into work out and this dude still hasn't touched the bar and is now absent
>Pissed as fuck, go move this dude's shit after he's been gone
>Start busting out squats, 4 sets in by the time he gets back
>He's pissed, doesn't say anything, grabs his shit and moves.
>Two minutes later other rack opens up
>He goes to that rack and proceeds to sit on it, again not doing a damn thing
>Gives me the stink eye until some chick comes that I guess he's training
>At this point 35+ minutes have passed since I arrived and this guy has been posted up doing nothing one of two racks the entire time
>The person he's training starts doing fucking jumping jacks and other warm up sit while he continues to sit on bar
>I move on to other shit, catch this dude mugging me a few times
>Girl eventually does squats herself (the ass was fat). He NEVER uses the bar himself

Blog post over. My question is: was I in the wrong for moving this dude's shit so I could actually use the equipment that he never even touched? Is saving limited equipment like that acceptable? Was this dude being a fuck? He never said anything to me but I could tell he was booty blasted by the way he was acting.

Attached: gymetiquitte.jpg (480x330, 35K)

No you were entirely in the right and you should have asked him what his fucking problem was when you x caught him looking at you

Nah, you’re cool OP
When the chick arrived he was probably like
>just resting babe, done so many squats already just waiting for you, go ahead and use the machine I don’t think anyone else wants it huuuuuurrrrrrrp derp

No he's fucking retarded you were 600% right

>hurr durr let's just sit in this squat rack for 45min and do nothing then get angry when other people want to use it

Good job for moving his shit

You're not in the wrong, id go as far as to say you can report him.

>how many sets you got left bro, is it cool if i work in?
thats all you had to say, no one ever says no to that unless theres a legitimate reason

Cool. I didn't think I was in the wrong but I'm new to the gym (only been in this one for a few weeks) and I'm new to working out/lifting in general. So I wanted to make certain. This shit had me mad like: bro, are you fucking serious? You can't fucking "save a seat" for some one else when there's only two god damn racks in the gym. The dude continuing to fucking stink eye me the rest of my work out had me raging on the inside. Helped me have a good workout though desu. Maybe I should be thanking him lol.

You see, I would have asked him that, but he had been absent from the weight room for over 5 minutes by the time I touched his shit. I couldn't ask him. Like, dude, I gotta bust these sets out and gtfo of here I got shit to do. Like shitpost on the internet.

Nah, it's cool though if I were you I would have asked the guy instead of touching his stuff. That's kind of beta.

>Be at gym
>Have finished up everything else and it's time to do bench
>Only two benches at gym.
>Johnny Bravo mode chink on one bench doing literally everything but bench press on it ( the gym has rackless benches all over the place ).
>JUST a moment before me a strong-fat dude looking like a tatted up toad goes to drop his stuff at the other bench but instead fucks off to do other shit around the gym.
>5 minutes pass, he's still not going to the bench.
>Fucking around with dumbbells just to pass the time but getting annoyed now.
>Do I go ask the chink if I could use the bench or the toad
>Obviously toady is going to do bench at some point but how long that is going to be.
>Technically the chink is using the bench.
>Go ask the toad because in my head I decided that he is one of those guys who think they are super badass and nobody would ever dare to question them or even talk to them.
>"Hey man, are you going to be doing the bench soon?"
>He seems irritated but says "yeah yeah, soon" and actually seems to rush to get to the bench now.
>Go do some Elliptical while waiting
>Toady finishes his 3x3 with 1/5th of a ROM and starts leaving.
>Walk past him to the bench and give him a nice warm smile.
>I'm a pasty useless fatass who is afraid of humans.

Yeah. I guess I should have talked to him, but he wasn't in the room by the time I got pissed enough to just say fuck it and move his shit. Like I was amped up on caffeine and having finished a good bit of my workout so I just got a bit into my head and decided I wasn't gonna wait on him any longer. Next time it happens I'll wait until whoever it is to get back and talk to them. I still maintain he was being a douche though.

Oh yeah he absolutely was. I fucking hate it when people occupy the equipment without actually using them. Or even hover near them.

I don't want to have to talk to people at the gym god damn it.

Kek. Shoulda thrown his shit in the trash.
I had someone trying to super set on incline/decline press and had a curl bar between them at the busiest time in the gym yesterday. I just fucking took his weights off the bench he wasn't using that second. He didn't say anything but gave me the stank eye, too.

>my gym has two benches opposite eachother
>me on one and a dude on the other
>dude doing supersets with dips
>autistic skinny & angry looking guy who can't make eye contact walks in
>goes to a rack to see there is no bar
>doesn't get a bar from the bar store in the corner
>instead unloads the weights from the dude's bench as he's away doing dips
>literally been gone for 20 seconds
>steals bar
>takes it over to the rack
>guy who was doing bench/dips watched from afar the whole time
>had a chuckle about it with the bench dude after

>Shoulda thrown his shit in the trash
Fucking kek. I'm imaging dude coming back in and asking "Yo, where's my stuff dude?" And then I just point to the trash can
"Over there, bro"

Attached: 1512304499202.jpg (181x176, 22K)

The key is to be confident and approach people when you're supposed to. Instead of angrily moving his shit when he's gone you should've asked him before. Getting yourself so mad over something you could've fixed by just asking him after 10 minutes is typical behaviour of an unconfident, beta person. work on it.

No, fuck that faggot. General rule of thumb is you get 5 minutes away from the rack and 10 minutes doing nothing at the rack before it's okay to either politely kick you off or just take it. In the rare instance I get an emergency 10 minute dump halfway through my sets, I'd understand if someone took over my rack, and I'd talk to anyone calling "next" on it if I want to continue, but that leads to a grey area on right of way.

>yet another monster shill
Stopped reading right there.

You're right. I know I should have done that but I just wasn't in that frame of mind at the time. He had been gone a while and I was just fed up and said "fuck it" and wanted to continue my workout. I totally should have waited and spoken to him. I still think he was being a shithead, but I still should have approached him.
I just wanted to get on with my workout and finish for the day and after he had been gone for a while after I had already been waiting on a rack to clear up I was just over it.

desu I drink Red Bull bro. I know /sip/ is a Monster meme but idgaf
Red Bull sugar free is what I drink and I only drink it before a work out.

My man.

/sip/ is any god damn carbonated "energy drink" and Monster shills can fuck right off.

Wtf is wrong with Americanos? In my country the dyels and the chads are happy to share equipment with anyone, is just a matter of asking.

there's a cultrue at every gym. I've been to some where everybody is just an absolute sweetheart, and others where everyone is a faggot. Also the time of day seems to make a difference to. At my current gym, the people are awesome when I usually lift at 0700, but if I wind up going at prime time ~1800, everyone is a giagantic faggot, because it's all the wageslave office workers doing their curlbro routines.

You could have just went and asked "hey are you using this?"
If no you're free to go, if yes it pressures him into using it

OP, you're a fucking autist

>walk up to the guy
>hey man, you using this?

The guy was wrong but you approached this like a little beta bitch

Attached: 245.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

This. If you think someone isn't using something but aren't sure, just ask them if you can work in.

>Getting pissed because neither rack has opened
No, you were getting pissed because you couldn't overcome your betaness and just ask the fucking guy if you could use the rack while he diddlied behind you.

Attached: grug.png (485x443, 24K)

lol OP, you are fine bro

you wenr above and beyond what would have been the appropriate gym etiquette thing to do...honestly

Yeah, you should have asked him right when you got there. But since he was still there 30 minutes later you should have fucking moved his shit clear across the gym. Then when he looks at you all pissy you shoulda said “oh I’m sorry were you using this rack?”

i literally always go to the people and ask them whether I can work in. don't even wait because you never know how long they want to keep at it. plus, people usually don't bother getting into conversations

you should have definitely asked him way before but you didn't to anything wrong considering he never used the machine. that's also why he never said anything to begin with. he knew he was in the wrong but you getting rid of his shit probably made him angry to some extent

So he was hugging the equipment and doing nothing on it? I'm sure you can tell the staff or front desk, in my gym you could get kicked out or have your membership revoked for that