I lack purpose

My life has been messy for a while now. I'm a senior and my hobbies and interests bore me tremendously now. The only thing I want to do nowadays is hang out with this girl I've been talking to. How can I become interested in other things in life again?

Attached: fendi.jpg (960x936, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos/playlists
youtube.com/watch?v=QRI_Ci3JKvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You need to figure what makes you unhappy, what annoys you in life. Then work towards removing those things.

I don't really get annoyed too often, I usually feel more apathetic and bored than anything else.

What fuck are you, are a man or some spineless earth worm. Stop being apatethetic and start being annoyed at things.

I get annoyed at things obviously but it's not to the point where it bothers me for a significant amount of time

Follow instructions or fuck off.

I'd genuinely recommend reading some philosophy, or Jung.

first decent piece of advice thanks. I've been trying to get into philosophy but I don't really know where to start

>all I want to do is hang out with this girl I’ve been talking to
So do that, retard

You're discovering your identity like all young people do. Go try out some different hobbies and see if you enjoy them more

>my interests bore me
that's not how it works

My assumptions are:
>you're not religious
>you feel empty and lack transcendental meaning in life
>you feel like you have potential but they lack manifestation mostly due to lack of motivation

If I'm not too far from the mark, I'd recommend JBP. He's getting some shit on the chins, but don't brush it off as memes: Jordan B Peterson is a pretty good place for starters. Start with his Maps of Meaning, or Personality and its Transformations lectures. (Check these playlists: youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos/playlists ) He mostly covers the same thing in different years, but not quite.

If you're interested in "deeper" phychological stuff, Jung's pretty great. They have audiobooks on youtube as well. You can start with either "Modern Man in search for a soul", and/or volume 9 of the collected works of c.g.jung. The latter is only partially on youtube, but those parts are pretty good. Deals mostly with the self and the unconscious. Good stuff.

You're right. I meant to say that the thing that used to interest me no longer do.

I do, but you can only hang out with her for so long, she has a life outside of me

I'd sort of reccomend JBP too. I've heard his prose is very rambly and reads like word soup. Look up clips and interviews of him first to get a feel.

As for other philosophy, look up phosophy on the school of life on YouTube. They give (VERY) brief rundown on famous philosophers and you can decide which sounds most fitting to you from there.

Warning though: school of life is not the least bit subtle about their left wing bias. Like, they are very blatant about it. I personally ignored it as it was a quick way to find if I liked a certain philosophers points.

I like certain aspects of School of Life, not to mention Alain's voice. Anyhow, I cherrypicked some great ideas from there, and it's a pretty chill channel.

I think they crossed the line when they were defending polyamory, making a video about how "sadly, it's not for everyone".

Grow the hell up

Attached: 1521489980243.jpg (1024x683, 128K)

grow up, grow, be a man, strive for something greater than yourself, and go after that while protecting your lover, you can do this, the gods need you to grow, for you and this damn world.

Attached: 1521611565401.jpg (584x573, 82K)

ITT: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, but when I became a man, I put away such childish things, and started lifting heavyass weights

I already lift

What exactly am I doing that I’m not supposed to?

I strive for things higher than myself, I read, I lift, I go to Sunday Mass, I socialize, I study, but I just can’t get myself to give a shit anymore.

You sound like a faggot

End it

Back to r9k ya robot faggot

protip: everyone feels like you. Even a healthy guy in a relationship with lots of money feels like you, at some point or another.

Its only really possible to escape this boredom thru short exciting acitivties, which never last long. May it be lifting, having sex, going to a party, doing drugs, being out in the open or in public etc.

>calls me a faggot
>uses reddit spacing
Choose one my German brother

Nigga I’m not about that life

Get thee hence, Satan. Look not for lasting contentment in temporal goods, and escape from your hell you might find

Routine? Stats?

Practice the philosophy of stoicism, its practical.
Start by reading meditation by marcus aurelius. Either that or stay a faggot for life complaining like a bitch.

Keep in my mind I’m in my first year of lifting
OHP: 160lbs
Bench 220
Squat 290
Deadlift 365
I know I know I suck we get it

Do you not see the irony in calling me a faggot for not feeling emotions as intensely as I used to and recommending me read the stoics in the same sentence?

Nothing to do with emotions, stop complaining, you're acting like a woman. Stop thinking so much, the world ain't that complicated.

Is not finding things interesting like they used to be an inherently feminine trait ?

>my hobbies and interests bore me
what are you ? a fucking retard ?
if youre bored do something else

Attached: what do.jpg (1080x899, 192K)

I’m bored by pretty much everything user

welp i guess yer fucked mate , kys

Attached: 1520487414776.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

>those hands
jesus

Yeah, just do whatever drives you. If you want something then take it. Do not wish, do.

fookin junkie tracks !!

Attached: 1518242347505.jpg (540x960, 109K)

you haven't even reached your natty limit. maybe you never will

Attached: 1521013467799.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

The army usually sorts that shit out

>sorts that shit out
>sort that shit out
>sort that self out
>sort your self out
>sort yourself out
the army confirmed for being Jordan Peterson

That’s good news I’m in the process of becoming a National Guardsman

NO DON'T THAT MAN IS AN ACTUAL PSEUDOINTELLECTUAL CULT LEADER

START WITH THE GREEKS

sounds like some very very very normal anhedonia that people experience all the time - don't feel bad user, just be open to finding something that excites you and makes you want to improve yourself

>tfw I live in a country that has no standing army of any kind

Attached: 1517624973015.jpg (482x427, 40K)

>Linking to Veeky Forums

Attached: 1403777929842.jpg (380x250, 28K)

Nice try, Satan.

>attending Sunday Mass to get dat Sunday Ass

Attached: 1472050254910.png (480x342, 226K)

Attached: download.png (181x279, 5K)

Jbp is a cookiecutter, a motivational speaker popularized by yt. He's the newest meme online. "People with no purpose in life" take his word for ghospel. I wouldn't discard most things he says but he's a trap for young impressionable people to join his cult.

>someone inspires people to better themselves
>doesn't even ask for anything in return
>"HURR HE'S A CULT LEADER!!!"

Attached: leave_the_internet.jpg (400x276, 24K)

> Millions of young men develop an interest for self improvement

> hurr durr trapping ppl into a cult

Most men know already in some way or another what JBP is saying, that's why he appears to be a cultist of some sort, but his audience is young men who have no idea what to do with their lives. That's it. Men in their 20s with no responsibility whatsoever are bound to feel unmotivated and apathetic. That's why the easiest thing to do is take up some responsibility that you feel you could manage. You'd be surprised how much that actually is. Of course, that means you have to do stuff, so find stuff in your area of interest and slowly move out of it once you know how to deal with it. That's where the "clean your room, bucko" meme comes in, it's the first thing you should do in terms of solving your shit out.

Bottom line is that life with no responsibility leads to nihilism, which makes people apathetic because why even bother? The nihilist, by definition, has no responsibility, which could feel nice at the moment, but you'll forever be unmotivated and you'll never achieve your potential. Your choice. Be a man and take up some responsibility or be a degenerate, edgy, life-is-meaningless teen-minded, pampered all your life, low energy, shit personality, no social gains boy all your devoid of meaning life

t. former degenerate, edgy, life-is-meaningless teen-minded, pampered all my life, low energy, shit personality, no social gains boy

>22
>Graduated high school when I was 17
>Only worked 8 months between that time and now
>Been a NEET most of that time
>JUST got a job by complete luck (shitty job market where I live)
>Once I know my job is secure, I'm joining the gym to get ripped
>Going to enter my state's marathon as well
>Going to uni in the next two years after I get good enough at math to do STEM
>Getting my license now

Never give up. Now I just need a waifu like pic related in real life.

Attached: historia.jpg (1920x1090, 369K)

But after you get out it comes back with a vengeance.
t. Have an easy enjoyable life as a college student but unironically miss being at war

Pretty sure that you could sign up as private militia/police for the upcoming civil war in south africa. You could be killing niggers for a living! Just think of the possibilities!

Not OP, but just bought off barnes and noble for $12. Plan on reading during this month when my schoolwork starts to die down. Has this book helped you out in any way?

going to uni in july at age 23 after 5 years of making no progress in life, just working a shitty dead end job and going out like once or twice a month. hopefully i can still make it even though im like 4-5 years behind where i could have been.

i'm with there with you OP. take some multivitamins, make some friends and just start trying new things all the time and never forget life isn't permanent so no reason to speed it up with suicide cuz it will be over soon anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=QRI_Ci3JKvs

Hmm I can relate a little. Went through that kind of phase too. What really drives me is the fear of being mediocre. My parents are dirt rich so I don’t wanna grow up to be a disappointment. It’s not that hard to live a well-balanced life BUT you really need a goal or a motivation to keep you driving