Sprained ankle

any tips to rehab a sprained ankle?
tore a few ligaments about a month ago and its still sore

Attached: 28945960_1579642362084024_1870289128_o.jpg (3024x4032, 1001K)

light stretching, don't let it fall into disuse but don't put unnecessary stress on it either
hover if possible

Ankle Brace. And I can't tell if that's the outside of your foot or the inside. If it's the inside, prepare for a couple of months with no squatting.

been just spinning my feet in circles/ writing the alphabet with my big toe but i feel like it isnt helping much

daily 30min light jogs
pref barefoot, shoes just make it worse

Keep doing this for longer periods of time

Also put weight on it start light then full standing on both feet until it feels better then move on to 1 foot

And stretch your legs like you normally do and soak it in hot water

yeah, your ankle is perma fucked

nothin you can really do beside re spraining it, bandaging it up and hope it reattaches and recovers properly next time round

rest, ice, compression, elevation. avoid putting excessive pressure on it. see a doctor or pt if you don't see improvement in 2-5 daya

Lmao u didn't put a cast on it yet? 1 month and still bruising? Kek you whole body is gonna get fucked now and you will never walk normally resulting in hip, back, knee and what ever pain you can really think of, I think your arms should be safe though.

You dun goofed since you didn't go to doctor breh.

Attached: 342§342§13423241§.jpg (300x260, 16K)

its been a few months already, RICE isnt gonna do shit cant you read

You're well past any first aid suggestions like RICE (Rice Ice Compression Elevation).

It's time to slowly work on getting RoM & strength back.

You're on the right track w/ circles/movement.

I'd suggest also trying really light resistance bands and bands and working against them. They're literally intended for rehab & that's where you're at!

Assuming that pic was from a month ago when you sprained it.

If that pic is now... Dr time?

You should have a number of exercises that you ought to be doing after the initial rest period.
The ones I was given were mostly based around balancing on tip toe.
And raising the outside edge of your foot (imagine performing the sprain but in reverse) and using a wobble board.
Depending on how bad it was it could feel weird forever.

be fucking careful, that could quickly turn out worse than it is now

I sprained my ankle about a decade ago. When it happened, the pain was absolutely paralyzing, but after about 5 minutes, it started to numb, so I was stupid enough to jog home.
After that, the pain came back, and I couldn't jog for several month.
Today, I can jog, but the pain still flares up occasionally, particularly if I stay inactive for long periods of time. It's not debilitating, but I can feel that something's not quite right and that it's probably never going to heal properly.

i sprained my ankle last year on a tree root, training on box hill in surrey, visually far more bruising than yours. i only walked for about 2 weeks and then started very light short jogging after and slowly built up again.I noticed a loss in ankle mobility afterwards, however the mobility has returned now without any stretching. just my experience.

you know you should probably go see a doctor

didn't you have a temporary cast?

Doctor here. You need to use it for it to really get better. There will be some pain/discomfort for a while.

Do your research bro. The longer you leave it to heavenly forces, the more irreparable the damage

Did you do the Ottawa ankle rule on it when you sprained it? Your recovery is pretty slow for just a sprain
Meanwhile, buy ankle weights and do leg exercises without involving the foot/ankle. Last thing you want is an imbalance/permanent gait

surgery is a good one