STATIONARY CYCLES

So what's the meme on these bad boys?

Can I actually get decent cardio out of this and train all of my leg muscles?

Can I set it up in my room and hit it casual and watch anime?

Pls fit show me the light

Attached: Fitleader-FS1-Stationary-Exercise-Bike-300x300.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=abHnNGLt-AU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i do 40 mins of the bike err day, can burn about 350 cals in that time. is 350 in 40 mins good anons?

I use them in the winter when I can't use my bike for transportation (Montana) to keep my cardio up to snuff. They are decent,but other forms of cardio like the stairmaster or walking on the treadmill at full incline at a fast pace are probably more intensive.

Hell yeah. Subtract the anime though you fucking wet wipe

best cardio as they are not so taxing on your legs and therefore better for development

How come i always have to shit when i use them, but it's ok on normal bikes

I walk a lot for my job and use them instead of running. But even at my hardest running feels like it's better cardio

>get decent cardio
Depending on how hard you push yourself, yes. But you’ll need to make it a decent resistance level and go at a decent pace at least.
>hit it casual
Sure, but you won’t burn much
>good
Sounds about right, 10 or 11 calories a minute is what I typically burn. Don’t trust the calories burned displayed on the bike though, it’s a lie

I feel like I can't get my heart rate up to a good level with these so I prefer running or elliptical more.

Yeah, I always wonder why (at least on electroresistive based cardio machines) you don't have an option to see the 'raw calories burned: i.e. the actual amount of energy that was measured without any estimations based on assumptions about your bodyweight and intensity.

Get a spin bike with no computer bullshit. Look up some into HIIT routine and you're good to go.

do HIIT on them with the high intensity reps being like 15-18 level, I almost had a fucking heart attack first time I tried it

Are bikes with kw meters accurate? I always thought they were accurate since its measuring the energy that you are outputting.

I don't actually know, presumably you'd have the check the manufacturer information for that.

>Can I set it up in my room and hit it casual and watch anime?
Ideally, no. If you want it to be effective you have to follow some sort of plan or class just like everything else. Go to a spin class and see if you actually enjoy it or not.

Why would you buy a stationary bike and not get a roller instead? Costs about 1/3 of the price, you get a better workout and you get to improve your bike handling/ability to cycle in a straight line/etc

Attached: RollersTwo640.jpg (640x355, 112K)

Can confirm HIIT can be deadly on a bike. Definitely dropped weight quick doing this

I heard cycling can cause erectile dysfunction.

Probably doesn't have a bike to begin with.

Maybe if you fold your dick backwards and sit on it. But even if there's any truth in cycling and erectile dysfunction it will be offset by having better circulation due to cardio gains which will reduce erectile dysfunction

Most stationary bikes can't provide the level of resistance needed if you have any sort of cardio fitness

Its hard to get above a true 150w out of them at max resistance, 150w is like the pace you ride at for 4 hours on a real bike if you have any sort of cardio development. Getting up into power for interval territory for stuff like FTP and Vo2max is impossible on the bikes they have in gyms unless you spin at like 260rpm.

youtube.com/watch?v=abHnNGLt-AU

>I heard cycling can cause erectile dysfunction.

Yeah, no worries, you gotta spend a lot of hour on a bike seat for that to be a problem

>Its hard to get above a true 150w out of them at max resistance
Haha, what? Mine goes up to 500 W or something, and that is MUCH harder than riding a real bike,

>500w
>harder than riding a real bike

any fag that weighs above 150 lbs can hit 1500w on a real bike in a sprint

Attached: 2288974ba1dd090e9638d7fc6af83982.png (375x360, 144K)

wait what.....i bike 35 minutes at 50 rpm and get to exactly 1000 calories every time, i thought i was doing good........youre telling me the numbers are fake? That im not burning that much? Im sweating like a pig and get a heart rate of 170

i thought i was doing good.....i thought burning 1000calories in 35 minutes was real. It must be overestimating how much im burning....i didnt know

Attached: btccrash.jpg (480x480, 46K)

I have one. I use it 4 times a week. The other 3 days a week I skip rope.

2 days a week I do a LISS session for about 40 minutes, keep the hr around 120. The other 2 days I do a MISS session for 20 minutes at a much higher intensity, keep the HR at around 160.

I bought my bike for $50 on Craig's List.

Sounds bullshit to me.

Kinda like when I had to break it to my fatty brother-in-law that he wasn't actually running 10 miles on his wii fit by stamping his feet up and down like a toddler having a tantrum.