Mental Health

I was seriously depressed for most of my teenage years, I’m fairly happy now, but every now and then I feel the depression creeping back into my mind. Is there any way to get over this? Or is this just how everybody is?

Also mental health general

Attached: 22AB8C26-3063-40D4-81A4-D47E0E49F58F.jpg (924x571, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DuvqZPJEaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The same happens to me. As a teen I had major clinical depression but I'm 20 now and every so often I get huge boughts where it feels like I'm 15 again and shut down. It's best to just let it happen and acknowledge its existence but don't act on anything. Eventually your brain will mellow out and you can get back to focusing again. I haven't taken my meds in years so it's just the small price I pay. For me, I had to find a task other than using technology to get me feeling normal again when the depression days come. I just sew something but it could be anything you can mindlessly do alone to just think your thoughts without doing anything devastating. Best of luck

(((Depression))) is the modern day term for being a weak pussy

Every time I feel sorry for myself or feel hopeless and depressed I remind myself it's only weakness and snap out of it.

Spyboy s today are so pathetic they need to go talk to Dr. Goldsteinbergowitz about their problems and then get a brand name prescription to buy happy pills from Drs cousin Weinberg and his big pharma company

You pussies are exactly the reason the West is failing and white people will be extinct. Fucking pathetic

What really helped me was to reframe how I saw my depression. When I stopped "fighting" it and started "working with" I made much better improvements.

I was in therapy and on meds for many years, and figured at some point I could stop putting my life on hold because I would be "better." Now I'm actively engaged in my life because I know it's just part of me, and I've found strategies to keep going when it gets hard.

It's not easy, but life isn't easy for most of us. Don't give up~

+1

Depression is a side effect of a developing body, as your body is transforming through puberty, the stress of all the hormones being pumped into your body gives you nihilistic and depressing thoughts.

Everyone goes through exactly what you went through, teenage angst. People who take anti-depressants and SSRI's during the development stage instead of letting nature take their course already have fucked up, permanently unstable mental issues unfortunately.

Being depressed and sad is perfectly normal in any human society derived from individualistic needs, go see a psychologist, and only a psychiatrist after since all they care about is making money off of you buy selling you their drugs.

Honestly this, I felt sad during highschool and eventually just realized all my problems we're self-contrived and a simple change in mindset helped eliminate nost of them.

Attached: 1509026745788.jpg (480x361, 27K)

you don't have major depression and you never did.

depressed people don't feel sorry for themselves, they feel an unrelenting despair that emanates from nothing in particular.

Despite what you see in movies, everyone gets depressed. Everyone gets sad sometimes.

Just let it happen, the continue with your day

based

sad =/= depressed

>n-no only I have depression. Only I have real problems. I'm the snowflake here
Wanting to kill yourself isn't depression?

Go cope with Dr. Horowitz-steinberg weak faggot

ANYTIME

I'm in the office at work people want attention from me

They use this shit for their own gain, noone of them give two shits about me but they want to talk to me and get attention from me since other people in the whole office will see that I'm talking to them, than what happens follows exactly as you would think

Few people from this team want to talk to me, and "brush" ideas off of me so other people will look at them and see that they get to speak to someone like me

Than a day goes by, another person or group of people want to talk to me etc...

This attention seeking shit in the office world is killing me

depression isn't weakness, you're lying to yourself and you're still sick.

Imagine being so possessed by an ideology that you actually believe this. Just try to imagine that.

Piss off brainlet.

Does anyone else here suffer with anxiety and panic attacks? I often get a panic attach after exercise because of the increased heart rate, shit sucks.

this but unironically
literally just stop being sad

*(there are rare cases of actual neuro-biochemical depression but the majority are not)

try to focus on the positive.
There probably are people that dont do this.
you just get to see most of the people that seek attention because they form your immediate surroundings.

dont forget there are outside options.

mindfulness meditation

not memeing

Attached: (11).png (800x559, 521K)

Try to find the root of whats causing it. Then work from there.

for some it's genetic and unable to be fixed without medication, and even then, medication for depression is a crapshoot. the percentage of people with this kind of depression have an extremely high mortality rate compared to other disorders

Yes. I did. Started Lexapro and a month later it's completely gone.

I used to have to stop my workout midway through because I thought I'd pass out, but now I can stay at the gym for 90 minutes with no dizziness or tunnel vision, etc

That's awesome good for you man. I'm taking beta blockers at the moment but I think my doctor will recommend an SSRI when I go back to see him.

Get your ass back to /adv/ or r9k you weak faggots. Working out generally helps cure depression. Youre posting on the wrong board

>sunlight on your bare skin
>vitamin d supplements if you have no sun
>walking barefoot in sand/grass
>a balanced diet
>setting somewhat easily attainable goals
>learning to better understand your emotions
>a positive attitude
>surrounding yourself with positive people
>medication prescribed to you by your PCP with whom you've discussed you ultimately incurable chemical imbalance with

Attached: People_are_being_mean_by_making_mashups_of_sad_Ben_Affleck_s_reaction_to_Batman_v_Superman_reviews.j (620x374, 16K)

not trying to be a dick or anything but:

1. tried this, helps temporarily but really didn't seem to make much difference esp. at night
2. see above
3. idk
4. as a former fatty, thought this + exercise would be the solution, but it didn't really do anything besides make me look better
5. i have a fairly successful life, doesn't really help me
6. there is no logical explanation for my depression
7. helps but ultimately runs out of steam
8. helps but ultimately you're going to be alone at some point
9. many issues, insurance, bad drugs, lasting side effects even after cessation, etc. etc. never got a "good" one

i've learned to accept it at this point

I am on a combo of snri (venlaxafine) and klonopin and lamotragine, and I have never felt better in my life. I've been feeling this way for about year and half - i pissed away my 20's and didn't take my mental health seriously.

I just wish I had a couple of friends.

Last year was rough and I lost a lot. These days I'm mostly alone and I sporadically see/speak with old friends. I'm thinking of just hopping off facebook/discord/online games and going cocoon mode. I'll try to frame it as a spiritual quest. Wish me luck.

Keep working on 9. Go to a good psychiatrist. Tell him exactly how you feel and all side effects, keep going to him and find the right meds.

t. poster

Mental health is difficult, see a professional. Even a professional needs to be good and you have to put a lot of effort yourself listening to his advice for it to even do a bit of good.

asking for mental health help online is actually more crazy than asking how to build a moon rocket

Everyone's sad sometimes so don't get too worked up.

Working out releases good brain chemicals and being in shape can help you feel better about yourself but it's only a part of life. Lifting can fill the void for a while but you have to have things to live for outside the gun gym

>Dr. Goldsteinbergowitz
actually most jews are freudian shrinks, which dont prescribe medication...

but of course you have not even a clue how the real world works so i guess its not your fault

Anyone else relieve stress through music? I find learning new songs and instruments really takes the edge off

youtube.com/watch?v=7DuvqZPJEaI

Attached: Gondola Parking Lot.jpg (491x500, 99K)

Please do what it takes to get yourself well and don't let people like this stop you from doing it. If you have to talk to someone it doesn't mean you have a vagina

100% this.
>"hey there, goy, feeling depressed because your life has no meaning? It's something you'll never fix without my mind-altering drugs that will permanently fuck with your brain chemistry"

I didn't take it as you being a dick, no worries. How are the various areas of your life right now? Career, sleep schedule, love life, fitness, etc. And could you describe your depression to me? Are you always tired, do you feel empty but like you've somehow got a gigantic burden on your shoulders? Just looking for some specifics so I can better recommend something for you.

i like joy division (inb4 14 year old girl) and new order. reminds me that no matter how fucked up i may be, this motherfucker was a major depressive and had maybe one of the worst cases of epilepsy ever (while still being able to function) plus shitty doctors giving him terrible meds. my life is nothing compared to that

Attached: Ian_Curtis.jpg (500x615, 82K)

Glad to hear you're feeling better, I'm starting to take my mental health a lot more seriously since it's been going down hill lately no matter what I do. I could do with some close mates too I feel you.

finishing my BS with good marks, sleep is fine, have a fwb, lifts and lbm increasing/bf decreasing.

i've been depressed nonstop since puberty. in fact i'm not sure it wasn't caused by the drugs they gave me as a child, since i was extremely aggressive and disobedient from a young age. they gave me antidepressants as a 8-10 year old.

i don't feel tired, or like i have a weight on me. i just feel a huge void that comes out more at night (but it's often there during the day). i considered jumping a few times but i want my parents to die first. i think about killing myself pretty often. it's a shame too, i have a lot of self confidence and look pretty good.

In my experience, the shrinks that pushed antidepressants on you were not Jewish but Indian and Paki. Then again, I'm in Canada so there are a lot of Indians and Pakis in this shithole.

Probably a stupid question, but is your doctor aware your were medicated like that at such a young age, and have you ever talked to psychiatrist? The huge void you feel is what makes you want to jump? What about it makes you want to jump, though? Like, are you tired of feeling it and would rather die?

He's not wrong. Letting yourself go into dark depression room is more or less a choice.
I've been there, I felt bad and at one point I knew I could go out,talk to friends ,go drunk and I wouldn't be there, but I chose to listen to sad songs sitting alone in my room,letting this oozing feeling go all over me.
Hit the gym, recognize depression as your weakness and your mind will fight it.

>are you tired of feeling it and would rather die?

pretty much. not only that, but i struggle to find any sort of fulfillment without recreational drugs. i guess dying just seems like the ultimate fulfillment

> is your doctor aware your were medicated like that at such a young age, and have you ever talked to psychiatrist?

the psychiatrists are the ones who put me on those meds, i stopped taking them around 14/15. i admittedly have a distrust of antidepressants and antipsychotics. i don't think i've been to a psychiatrist since then, honestly it's hard to remember much of my life beyond 5-8 years ago, it's very blurry. i guess i should go see one, but it's difficult at the moment because of my school situation.

I go to the gym every day. I feel great for the entire time and about 30 minutes after, then it slowly creeps back. Going out and hanging out with my friends is nice, but sometimes it just makes my misanthropy and apathy even worse.

What sort of drugs do you do? Ever taken DMT or mushrooms?

I’m too depressed to give a shit about the “west“

never done either. weed and alcohol. they are the only two things that make me feel 'good'.

i would like to try some more esoteric stuff but i'm not connected...

Trust me dude. Trust me. If you can start running every day without getting injured, literally everything will get better. You have to try this though

It's not just a day retard

i recently started doing cardio again for my cut, so we'll see i guess. i usually walk about 3 miles a day outside of the gym

I get it ,especially when I'm on party and everybody can see how fucking autistic I am.
But it gets better each day you fight. It's slow but it works if you don't let it in

soon to be clinical psych here

just wanted to butt in and say that you're an idiot and that's my professional opinion

Try running intensely for 2-3 miles at least regularly. If you run a hard 5+ miles the high is unbelievable, and you get this light inexplicably happy feeling that lingers for days. It’s in your biology. It will work

do you run outside or on a treadmill? or both?

the 3 miles walking is just to and from school, i also do HIIT when i'm at the gym, but it's difficult for me to run for more than a few minutes at most. I don't run out of breath, my calves just get tired.

You should ask around, which I know is easier said than done, but ask around and get some shrooms. I've had friends who have had depression that they as described similar to what you're saying, and they said psilocybin was a game changer. They didn't come out of their trips feeling completely fulfilled, but they came out with renewed purpose and an appreciation for the inherent beauty in life. I'd also recommend you stop drinking, even if it's one of the two things that actually makes you feel "good". Alcohol and depression just isn't a good mix. Replacing one vice with another still doesn't get rid of the vice, but running like said is at least a healthier alternative.

I hope you get better bro, no one should have to accept depression as their normal state. You're already adding value to the world by having that BS and not being a fattie.

You got it the wrong way around, depression is the neuro-biochemical. And as such is not black and white. It's from mild to severe. Just like with testosterone, it's not have it or don't have it.

Wow thanks, I'm cured and so is the west.

>its the 16 year old highschooler who figured life out from a basement and now cant stop dropping his redpills on a chinese cartoon imageboard
user, i understand that in your head, that post sounded really smart. i really do understand that. because i was a teenager once too. everyone was a teenager once. everyone thought he is pretty fucking smart. but eventually, you gonna realize that youre just a dipshit teenager that should learn more and talk less.

He's right tho. You didn't even try to fight his claims you just went on >lul you 17 path which is pretty pathetic from such a grownup

i hate people like you. you're the reason people like us kill themselves

Vitamin D
More protein for more neurotransmitters
Lift
30 min exercise a day for u opioid gains
Fix your circadian rhythm aka light/dark cycle
Make goals and achieve them

Do all that itll stop the depression jew dead in its tracks

People who want logic instead of insult ? Damn we're terrible.
Also
>It's your fault we kill ourselves
No you faggot it's your own fault only. It is your life,your decision and your suicide.
Sure you could've had life problems but in the end of the day you chose to be weak or try to be strong.

Its the uopioids user, i find it kicks in after 20 mins of cardio... its a good feel.

i haven't done it yet fuckface. my point was there's no reason to make the world a shittier place like you're doing and hence make us want to get the fuck out faster.

i have no doubt that you think you're helping with your tough love or whatever it is, but it's not helping. not everyone is just 'depressed' from being down on themselves.

It's cool that you cured you depression from that one time no one reblogged your cuntstagram post.

I run on trails in natural parks normally. It’s my favorite thing in the world to do, but I’ve had injuries constantly from muscles atrophying from playing computer games through the entirety of my youth

There always are excuses, you're just another one who can't get over himself. If you tried to be stronger you could actually make it.

I don't give a shit about your life, but good news is you don't give a shit about your own life either. Sort yourself out degenerate.

lol. i've already made it. i probably look better than you. you come off as one of those sorry /pol/ posters calling people degenerates, so i'm gonna assume you're a 140 lb high school kid and stop giving you any more satisfaction.

Even if you made it, which I highly doubt, you're still depressed cunt so no matter how I look, I'm still ahead of you.
Stop being weak.

I don't...

I don't know why but I'm always happy, even when some deepshit happen.

Attached: 1517536180512.gif (250x216, 559K)

enjoy it.

Depressed people arent sad, they live apathy.

I used to get bad depression in high school but now I don’t even know what depression is. What does it feel like physically and emotionally?

For me depression was hating myself for feeling weak and afraid. Hating myself for my shortcomings in life.

Nowadays I recognize that weakness and my flaws. I accept it whole heartedly, I am imperfect as a human being and there is nothing wrong with any of it. It’s okay to be afraid, it’s okay to be sad. It’s human and everyone feels that way sometimes. Always strive to improve your life and take risks when you feel confident.

Emotional and physical resistance is depression.

I do and I know the luck I've.

Depression is a real problem, maybe I'll encounter it later .

Attached: 1520688624108m.jpg (1024x671, 105K)

this

>make myself take the sad thoughts out of my head
>try to trick myself into thinking I'm alright
>actually works

fucking magic, but fuck that doctor that prescribed benzos to treat panic attacks
working out, eating healthy and going outside fixed it