Swimming is the best all-around exercise

Swimming is the best all-around exercise
prove me wrong

Attached: 01038-how-to-perfect-your-flip-turn-for-faster-swimming-700x394.jpg (700x394, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tPqAQHfYJg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>swimming
>comfy as fuck
>you don't sweat
>better than running

What else?

I got nothing

yeah, your pretty on point.

Sex

Do you know how I know you're a virgin?

Your mom is a stupid cum gagging whore. Prove me wrong

Based swimming poster

Attached: IMG_6830.png (374x484, 197K)

Takes one to know one?

My 50free time has stalled at 29s
How do I increase my time, so I don't feel so fucking slow.

Attached: 1511738000719.jpg (645x773, 87K)

No, no it doesn't.

You sweat when you swim, you've obviously never swam competitively

You’re topless and close to naked and if you’re a fatty trying to lose weight that’s just torture. Not comfy at all.

do DPS, and do more distance inour swimming routine
>collegiate swimmer

Attached: 1516908652134.jpg (1296x864, 711K)

>close to naked

Attached: images (2).jpg (179x282, 6K)

>DPS
what?

Maybe if you're swimming the English Channel

What are the effects of swimming on blood pressure? Wouldn’t freestyle raise blood pressure to dangerous levels. Keep in mind I’m white so I don’t want to overexercise my heart

Lol, you sweat when you swim.

Off the blocks or just overall? I'd do 25 intervals, keep them under 15 (with a flip turn if you have your own lane). Focus less on breathing, kick harder out of your turn.

Also if you’re trans and have titties good luck hiding your cock bulge and not freaking everyone else out and getting arrested

Distance Per Stroke, heres my favorite set for it
>4 25s each stroke IM order, under 7 strokes for Free/Bacl under 4 for Fly/Breast
>2 100 each astroke IM order holding stroke counts
>4 100 sprint choice stroke focusing on keeping stroke count low
should take 20-30 minutes if you rest like 10 seconds in between each thing

>this thread again

You definitely sweat.
In fact, its important to remember to drink lots of water (not the pool water you retard) to make up for the water you dont even realize you're sweating out.

He said all around not lower body.

$15 drag suit helps with practice and hides bulges. Had to do this at my gym pool because dicklets were jealously complaining to management about my outline in square legs.

>Degenerate free environment

Wtf I love swimming now

At my fattest I was still eager as fuck to swim. My sheer enjoyment of it outweighed my concerns to the point I didn't give a damn

off the block, off the wall and I don't even know

Technically speaking, a faster 100 will result in a faster 50 because your first split will always be faster. Keep those under 1:05 and you'll be golden.

This pic is really making me want to go swimming right now

>Keep in mind I’m white so I don’t want to overexercise my heart
In my experience, Whites don't need as much exercise as the other races for the same or better gains.

Example: The hour long kung fu shit routine that Asians do? Forget it. You'll just burn out with the chinks laughing all the way to the bank. Do 25% of what the Asians do, you'll be better than them anyway in the end.

I also read a study and had a doctor tell me whites can handle higher blood pressure better than other races

James Bond is a swimmer

Attached: DSC03840.jpg (1600x853, 193K)

If you're not sweating when you swim, you're not working hard enough.

I got told this in infantry training and thought the DS was full of shit until our swim sessions.

Can't.

Swimming at a nice af free public pool tomorrow before work, fuckin AMPED

>sweating when you swim
The water stops you from sweating. It literally blocks the sweating spores on your skin, same as latex suits.
People drown because of it

Grappling is the best exercise, swimming is second best with far less joint damage though, so I would do that.

Swimming/diving has the hottest guys

Attached: 1518192824616.webm (853x480, 2.29M)

im about to do a 4 day water fast and will probably do swimming as my cardio. would you recommend bros?

Attached: 5608a0ef16013ccfe32e987e3f00934a--guardians-of-the-galaxy-artwork-star-lord-guardians-of-the-galaxy- (736x957, 69K)

How do I find a swimming routine ?
I know how to do everything ok-ish except butterfly should I take a few courses before starting ?

t. never went swimming on my own before

no... the sweat is removed instantly from the water you brainlet

>outweighed

Attached: 1519351742241.jpg (800x430, 73K)

Nordic skiing is leagues ahead of swimming you faggot

>cold
>invented by vikings
>utilizes whole body
>ability to fall and die
>dominated by the greatest white athletes of all time

Attached: 5289B63A-F739-48D1-8958-F1C88FB9EAC2.jpg (620x393, 144K)

I want to swim but I'm too embarassed to since I've never learned how. I mean I can swim, as in I can stay afloat and move around, but I probably look retarded when I do and I don't know proper form and I'm too scared to go learn.
It's not like I have a bad body, I've been lifting for over 2 years and have 12% BF. What do

Attached: a4f7e5ae928e58aa66d8984f9c989c641e091f91_00.jpg (362x275, 21K)

There is certainly some video tutorial on form.
I learned very young, and i think its a important thing to teach your kids.
Im not sure if my form is still good, tho.

rowing is where its at.

Swimming puts too much stress on your shoulders, it's better to use only your legs for cardio as they can take much more of a beating

If you're afraid to do because of how you'll look, then you'll never do it. Look up videos and go out there and swim. Doesn't matter how you look, the form will come over time from seeing other swimmers and trying to improve yourself.

my mate just got his swimming certificate, he didn't learn until 22. Look for adult classes.

Swimming is literally better in ever way you mentioned

>Freezing cold water and no fancy coat to keep you warm
>invented by our ancestors to aid them in survival
>Utilizes the whole body
>ability to drown or be torn apart by wild animals
>Dominated by the greatest athletes across all the races and times

Can't swim alone in a lake or a pool because I see this everytime I close my eyes or can't touch the bottom with my feet.

Attached: 32434123213434.jpg (480x360, 13K)

jesus christ i thought Veeky Forums was smart

Who sub 20-second 50yd free here?

someone posting a real time and actually starts a serious conversation (on Veeky Forums!!!)

>butthurt shitlord comesup

I improved my shorter distances by going lifting.

obvious exercises are Latpull and Shoulderpress.

Still im at 29s, but it was during training

literally impossible for any non-professional athlete

stopped after high school but got down to 21 low and that got me to A-final of all-state meet. Below 20 is natty/oly-trials level stuff yo

the french 4x50m relay team manged to swim 1:20:77, which is roughly 20s per person. Two people had a time of below 20s, which is faster than world record pace.

This time was archived under the follwing conditions:

>25m pool
>swimsuits which are now banned
>flying starts

I've never particularly enjoyed swimming. Pools suck too

wow great comment friend, you've changed my mind and contributed to a great conversation.

If you're a fatty, noone will pay any attention to you. People don't really care about you and won't come to your face to call you a fat piece of shit. The pool is not the internet.
But if you go regularly enought to make a change, the regulars might notice your progress and come to you to compliment you, give you advices, and maybe even get to know you enough to invite you for a drink.

>reminding me of this
Nope; 21.89 at States in medley relay in 2009. Still hurts, breathed when I shouldn't have and my turn was weak af.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tPqAQHfYJg

the LZR was such a juicy suit. Fastskins were probably the stupidest thing I ever splurged on in my life.

If you're trans, please don't go to the pool. Just go to the lake and drow yourself like you should have before your operation.

just swam a comfy 2000 free today, only 50 free @ 1 min continuously except the last 500, which i broke up into 2 sets of 50 free followed by 20 pushups
shit was cash

Attached: 1424831186774.jpg (236x365, 11K)

They aren't swimmers, they're divers... But they are hot indeed (no homo)

Attached: Swim.png (3744x2304, 499K)

I think I was a mid 23 in high school. Wasn't primarily a sprinter though

Kek I wish I knew how to do the Butterfly stroke. Every time I’ve tried I just look like a retard flailing in the water.

I saw a swimmers post and I just had to boast about my accomplishments

>I just got 3rd at states, rebeating the high school record by over 3 seconds from the beginning of the season
>breaststroke is a phenomenal 58.71, IM at a 2:03.91
>medley relay is nationals bound
>100 free is a solid 50 flat
>I’m pretty shit at the rest of the strokes, but I’m pretty well fit all around
>right now I’m off season so I’m just lifting weights to stay in shape
>tfw I’m going to a DIII school

Attached: BDD89012-5B14-422D-8012-4272C76FB9AB.jpg (1200x630, 130K)

>in a pool
Nigga, practice closing your eyes in the bathtub, then graduate to the pool, or get therapy.
The lake fear is totally valid though. Real deadly (nonshark) shit lives in or near natural bodies of water.

god damn

lel

What gym do you go to where you can get repremanded by management for having a big dick?

The most uncomfortable moments of my military enlistment took place in training pools. Combat Diver Qualification Course was a bitch.

this, swimming fucks up your shoulders if you do it too much

if it's true congrats

I don't know about you guys but I love the cool chlorine still water of a deep pool where I will relax my body and sink and slowly surface my head to take a deep breath and repeat the cycle. It makes me feel so floaty like I'm in space, I legitimately can do that for hours, its my form of meditation.

3rd for what?

Shitty boutique ones. In management's defense, my square legs are tight and lewd.

Not to mention that chlorine dries your skin out and acne is virtually gone after a month of consistent swimming

I'm calling LARP because no way you're doing a sub-1:00 100br and going to a D3. I barely walked on a D2 with a sub-min 100ba.

i have my bronze cross (lifeguard level) and i still dont get butterfly

i had to do 200 m of it to pass my test and my teacher just gave it to me, becuz i was not getting it

My dad was a competitive swimmer when he was young and whenever I go swimming with him he completely MOGS me by doing a badass butterfly. Despite being almost 60 he is still a chad in the water and I’m just a freestyle virgin.

google couch to mile swim-no strokes involved in that I think.

I would swim at the YMCA (really the only pool available to the public) but the management there ignored the small problems with the pool until they became big problems then proceeded to ignore the big problems and put a big ol 'Out Of Order sign on the pool. Fuck the YMCA management.

meters to yards is a big difference there

Running and or mountain climbing

i dont get the body movement and how they can clear the water when they pop.

whenever i try only my head comes up my body convulsing like a seizure and lots of splashes

yeah i stopped practicing in public pools

oh are you doing the shoulder stroke? yeah that ones no good

Those are state records?
You have good times, better than mine ever were, but you have to drop a ton of time to go D1

your undulation timing is off

My 100 breast was a 1:01 and my fly was 56 and I didn't make states. What shitty flyover do you live in?

What is the equivalent of SS for swimming? I'm looking for solid no-nonsense, no pussy-foot swimming routines. Also, any recommended swim caps for men with medium-length hair? Tips for asthmatics?

Any assistance with any of these matters would be appreciated. I want to do all of this the right way, but I've been unsure of what to get into. There isn't a persistent /swim/ general or sticky.

Attached: 1482544530463.jpg (2048x1152, 1.61M)

You amerifags should clearify if you talking yards or meters

Were always talking yards unless otherwise stated

Swimming is literally all technique. A small guy with great technique moves far more efficiently through the water and will always beat a big guy with crap technique.

Basic stuff to improve/think about when you're training.

1. single arm drills
2. Arm drag drills - run tips of your fingers over the water during recovery phase of the stroke - this helps facilitate a high elbow angle while the arms out water which helps arm placement and stroke initiation.
3. Focus on your follow through of your stroke - far too many people cut their stroke short, extra pulling underwater means extra meters.
4.Keep your head up and looking ahead and keep it still - if your heads wiggling throughout the stroke your body's moving as well increasing drag.
5. shoulders and body should rotate around your head - this increases your reach for each stroke.

Honestly hard to give specific advice without seeing your stroke but those are pretty general tips.

t. was top 3 in country

Attached: 1445464234919.jpg (490x490, 48K)

You forgot that 95% of people do tumble turns and are slow as shit at them even though that leads into the fastest portion of any swim so people should probably focus on getting good at them. Oh, and on fly/front/back they breathe too much and end their stroke way too early.

rowing is fucking torture.

N-no homo?

Gotcha bitch

my technique is on point. Been swimming a long time. it might just be because I'm DYEL