QTDDTOT

Once you achieve your goal body and wanna maintain it, can you just stick to the same routine forever to do this?

Maintain or even increase your lifts. Is there a reason, other than boredom, to switch routines when you're now just trying to maintain your current physique?

Attached: Nile Crocodile_1463753970715_38661983_ver1.0_640_480.jpg (640x385, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tgZHsh5-J3A
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God I really want to fuck that gator

I'm a vegan. Are these a good replacement for standard protein bars?

Attached: Image110420153.jpg (768x1024, 98K)

Why

This is my bro science

You want to minimize muscle breakdown while keeping your muscle building signals on. Do this by just doing a 1rm of a compound exercise every day. So like

>Flat or incline bench 1rm
>Weighted pull-up 1rm
>Front or back squat 1rm
>Overhead press 1rm
>Weighted chin-up 1rm
>Deadlift 1rm
>Rest

Exercises to make autism go away?

Attached: D401D082-9186-4559-A59F-68D3209575F0.jpg (768x1024, 134K)

My skins become really bad since I’ve started lifting. I’m Going to switch the milk in my protein shake with water, but does the whey also cause acne (being a milk product)?

Attached: 34279B31-1AD6-4694-8CA8-8CC84FEE4E74.gif (408x303, 708K)

Kill yourself 1x1

No. Look at the name. Literally says SOYjoy. Do i need to say anything else?

"one more for good luck"

Bump for Opie

Stop touching your face. Acne is more often caused by bacteria than diet

Might as well make use of the one positive aspects that vegans share.. unprocessed natural foods
No plastic soy candy bars

I hate vegans but I’ve become a bit convinced by all these meat causes cancer and health problems stuff, so I want to cut down my heavy meat, dairy and eggs intake.
What should I have instead? Just a big bowl of mixed veggies or something

whats a good pull up progression? im currently at 8/8/7/7/6 and i want to eventually do weighted
do i just do until failure until i can do 5x10 and start doing weighted?

I'm doing PPLPPLR currently with 20-45 minutes of cardio after most days. Can I add even more cardio or maybe some martial arts every day or would I just burn myself out? Trying to go from sad cunt to sick cunt ASAP

is this workout telling me to do as many deadlifts as possible? Or just 5?

Attached: OUcEY.png (547x465, 47K)

How many grams are a pinch of salt picked with 2 average fingers and how many pichs can i eat a day ?

1 set of DL's only, but on the last set do as many as possible while maintaining good form, don't go to true failure just leave 1-2 reps short of failure.

Go away Florida Man

It just looks so... seductive

Good fitness related question.
But at the same time
>fpbp

Anyone have any idea please? Because i dont know if i am eating too much salt per day

weigh a pinch

does a strong neck make up for a weak jaw?

If I fail to hit 5 reps on Greyskull's final AMRAP set should I consider it a failure and deload?

this is going to be really difficult to answer m8 we don't know what a pinch is
Do this:
>Get a scale
>Weigh 10 pinches and divide the result by 10 to get the average mass of 1 pinch
>there's 40% sodium in a given mass of salt
>find a source online that discuss safe limits for sodium intake

i'm not doing all that for you

so more than 5 DLs on the one and only set?

Anyone knows of a website where you enter the food you eat and it gives you macro and micro and calories breakdown? It was popular here like 2-3 years ago it was pretty fucking neet but i can't find it anymore.
Thanks

I dropped a lot of weight but now I'm skinny fat specifically in the lower back area. At 6'0 170, could a very small cut along with proper lifting and lots of protein/fat get rid of them? I've only been lifting 2 months so maybe my muscles can still grow on a cut

I just want these love handles to go away

definitely yes
do it

I need some advice, lads. I've been lifting for about 3 months now. I've made steady progress in most areas except for biceps. For the last 5 weeks, I've plateaued with the 20lbs dumb bells. I can do sets of 8, 7, 6 whereas my other lifts I can do 3x10. How can I get my reps up? I'm considering doing grease the groove but as I understand it, that's more for bodyweight exercises. Any other advice?

Attached: syrianthiccness.jpg (600x750, 86K)

>soyjoy
LMAO is it a suppository?

also kill yourself vegan fag

Higher reps, frequency and volume. You can probably train arms every day as a novice.

How do I improve my deadlifts, at the moment I hate doing them because I'm really weak and they tire me really quickly. I've only gone up 10 kg in the past few months but all the rest of my lifts have gone up a lot more. I want to do them twice a week but I just hate them atm

Vary the lift with different heights, bars and resistance. Once you plateau you have to change shit up.

Doing the same thing over and over again and getting poor results? Try something new.

-Do your regular sets. Then, when you're done, pick up the 5lbs dumbbells and just keep repping until you hit 100 reps. Don't put them down. Once you can do 100 reps in a single go, take the weight up.
-Do heavy barbell curls (in the squat rack) for sets of 3 reps with cheaty form. Increase the weight every week for 4 weeks then take a deload. Treat it like a compound lift.
-Lie face down on an incline bench and do max reps with 10lbs then rest only 30 seconds. Go again. Rest 30 seconds. Go again. Record the number of reps. Beat that next week.
-Do as many sets of chin-ups as you can in 20 minutes. Record the total reps.

Its a crocodile m8

Is it true that you can train neck three times a week without risk of stagnation?

Shotgun pump

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tgZHsh5-J3A

Gigantic bump. C'mon, anyone?

kale shake via joe rogan on youtube

>alligators and crocodiles are a different species because of some tiny bullshit
>niggers and asians/whites are the same species tho
Every time
Anyway my shoulder hurts when I lift my arm above my head how do I fix this shit?

wtf, I think literally one person answered OP. Okay, so OP. Just stay active, throw some weights around, do some calisthenics, play some sports, run. and eat like a normal person and I think you should retain your gains.

fat bitch

i have some acne on my back, i shower twice daily (morning and after lifting) and change bed sheets/comforter/pillow cases once a week, is there anything else I can do to fix this?

also I want to test my 1rm for dl this saturday, never have tried before is there anything I should be aware of or do, such as a structured warmup? on tuesday I deadlifted and i did 1x5 135, 1x5 225, 1x5 245, 1x5 265, 3x5 275 to give you a sense of where I'm at

>been to the gym for the third time ever
>feels incredibly good
>now I can eat like a fucking animal and feel good after
I'm gonna make it lads. I don't even have a question right now, just wanted to blog this.

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.png (660x574, 97K)

Get a shower brush and Panoxyl, which is a benzol peroxide 10% cream wash, and scrub your back. Before you rinse it off, take a clean razor like you would use on your face, and use the razor to shave the foam off. Throw away old t-shirts and only work out in a clean one, and then take it off and shower once you're done.

liked commented and subscribed

Posted in the last thread but whatever

I'm doing SS at the moment and I can't do any squats right now because my right thigh is fucked, (I get a really tight sharp pain around my right upper thigh that prevents me from being able to squat or if I move it a certain way) what should I do about this? Should I do a different routine until it gets better? And if so what's a good little replacement routine until then? (I haven't figured out what the problem was with my thigh yet)

Attached: 1521721989122.png (451x549, 84K)

Thanks m8 don't forget to turn on the notifications

Where can I find Tongkat Ali (Longjack) from either Thailand or India, online?

Which is better, parallel or bench dips?

meat = eat whole foods
fish = eat whole foods
dairy = keep it minimal
eggs = stop it

you will be fine

What is this physique you want to maintain? I assume you don't look so great if you need to ask this question.

The fuck is wrong with my leg?

The bump only shows up when I'm lifting sorta heavy. Pushing it it feels soft, not hard. No pain, but it looks fucking nasty.

Should I be concerned?

Attached: IMAG1159 (1).png (1400x1050, 2.19M)

If all you want to do is maintain, you can keep your intensity but drop your volume by 1/2 to 2/3. Either cut frequency or go down to basic compounds or a combination of both, and then make sure to have a dropdown set of higher reps to preserve size.
Example, if program "X" got you big enough and strong enough on 3x/week full-body, then cut down to 3 workouts every TWO weeks and keep the same program. Or if 4x/ U/L split got you there, then cut down to 2x/week workouts.

KYS.
Oh wait, you're a vegan, so you're already doing that, just slowly.

Actually USE your autism to study how people interact, and then fake it 'til you make it.

When you can do 10+ reps fresh, add weight to all sets, and add enough that you can only do 6-9 reps on the first fresh set. When you can do 10+ with that weight, add more weight.

You should be doing SS instead of "legend of he-man named after a castle in a kid's cartoon invented by johnny pain the strength villain who just ripped off SS and who himself started his lifting career using SS."
That said, his bullshit program would have you deload and work up again.
That said, lots of different ways of handling this in your own programming. You could just stay at that weight if you were close to the rep total, you could make up the reps by adding another set, either at that weight or by adding a dropdown set, etc.

Loufa. Salicylic acid astringent. Benzoil Peroxide cream. Getting older.
Warmup like you normally do for your 3x5 working sets and then do a single at that weight, then add 3-6% to it and do another single, then add 3-6% again and another single, with 2-3' rests between singles, the last single you do you can call your 1RM.
Once you have a 1RM and want to break it, warmup as if you were gonna work at 85% of it, then do singles at 85%, 90%, 95%, and 100% either do an AMRAP set or do 100%+ 5-10lbs.

Chronometer

You can do the parts of your routine that don't aggravate the injury, and then do stuff to work around the injury. Step ups and weighted lunges on the good leg; machine exercises; etc.

Parallel.

you could actually lower your volume and still maintain your current size and strength

I've just seen a guy using straps to do a farmers walk. Am I missing something here?

If it grows, be concerned. If it does not grow... not worth the trouble getting it looked at.

I have a smaller version if that on my forearm

Spidereggs you should pop it

It's been there for years as far as I can remember, it's only now that I'm getting a little concerned. To my knowledge it hasn't grown, it just looks nasty.

Thats where you're wrong, kiddo

this A spider crawled inside of you and is laying eggs inside of your skin

You shouldn't let your grip limit how much work you can do on the rest of your body. If grip stops your deadlift or farmer's walk etc., then straps are great, work your grip as much as you can before using them and maybe do grip isolation afterwards.

Well yeah but I thought farmers walks were designed to increase grip strength. Using a grip aid makes the whole thing seem redundant.

FW, like DL, are full-body exercises. Yes, they'll work the grip and increase grip strength, but they also work the entire body. There's a lot of stress putting 300+lbs on a hex bar and holding it up for 30 seconds, on your arms, traps, lats, core, legs. Plus the stress of walking with it on your legs and core and cardio conditioning.

Why would you want to shortchange your whole body just because you couldn't hold the weight up long enough?????????

Do what you can with the grip then switch to straps and if you need to then work the grip with isolation at the end of the workout.

Is $120 a good price for 360lbs of used olympic pl8s?

Alright Veeky Forums, let's settle this once and for all: how the actual FUCK do you work hypertrophy in your tricep's long head to the point where it stops being flabby? Is it even possible natty?

It's usually about £1 per kg in the UK so that seems expensive to me.

>Lift at random hours of the night like a degen
>Commit to a solid sleep schedule and lifting in the morning.
>Consistently weak and feel like shit. Lifts down 10-15%

Why is this Veeky Forums? Do I just need to chug some water when I wake up? Don't really like the bloated feeling it gives me when I lift.

holy shit, yeah. buy it before someone else does.

>muh triceps long head
Get help for your body dysmorphia.
>muh bingo wings
Lose some fucking fat, retard.

I am just wondering about what type of split to choose for size, not necessarily strength. Is it better as someone new to training to work with high intensity but low volume like SS, or is it better to go for a PPL where intensity might not be as high but you have more volume?

Basically what balance between intensity and volume is best for size gains as a newbie?

Attached: 1515401311915.jpg (1040x1300, 326K)

it's a fatty tumor probably, I have one in the same spot. Look up "lipoma"

So boar’s head hard salami 1oz, or 5 sleeves, equals 110 calories, 9g of fat, 6g of protein. Is there a catch to this? Never really got into deli meats personally, but I hear they are easy to maintain for on the go sandwiches. I don’t eat bread, so I was thinking of mixing a 2-3 slices into my eggs in the morning. Any advice would be most appreciated on this.

Any reason I shouldn't do a protein shake fast while keeping it under 500cal on my one rest day (sat)? Seems like the best of both worlds, muscle recovery and weight loss but I'm new to this shit so would appreciate the advice

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 10K)

If you're sleeping enough (8+ hours) it may just take a while for your body to adapt to you new sleeping times.

Salami is generally high in saturated fats and sodium, so it's overall bad for long term cardiovascular health if over eaten

is it a bad idea to put 5lb plates under my heels when I squat so I can go lower?

Starting Strength has a bit about weightlifting shoes that adressed this, I don't remember the exact amount of heel that helps before it becomes counterproductive.

Ah that makes sense. Skipping out of that then. Thank you user. And is there a difference in Chunk Lite Tuna and Solid White Tuna other than calorie differences? I've been told solid white is better, but I only eat chunk lite in water.

>moving to new apartment
>apartment has gym
>only dumbbells and machines

Should I just fuck it stick to the apartment gym? My goals are only to look good anyway.

>all pinches are equal

a pinch is like a foot, you take an average man's (6"1') foot size and use it as a measurement, likewise you take the average man's (6"1') pinch size

Should have mentioned I've doing a ppl the past few months and Greyskull before that.
So I'm not new to barbell training or anything

is focusing on types of proteins and absorption rates even worth the time? That shit's all confusing, I don't want to think about when or how I get my protein as long as I get enough within 24 hr period

Is it bad of me to neglect squats? I fucking hate the exercise but I love diddy and OHP
I bench as well, but I use dumbbells for that

For running is it better to go for distance or speed?

Whichever is more applicable in real life. Do you think your 40m, 400m, 1k, or 10k time will be of the most use in a real life scenario or in your sport?

Yes. Deads may be the king but squats are the queen. I fucking HATED them then started to work on form and now they are my favorite.

Don't overthink it. Whey has the fastest digestions by far. When do you need it the most and when do studies show benefit when supplemented with resistance training? After waking up (7+ hour fast) and right after training.

The rest doesn't have to be perfect, getting your 1g/lb bw daily is more important. Just make sure your postwork meal is your largest.

Growth hormone due to resistance training which causes acne. It means you are getting bigger.

Going on my first cut, what kind of lifting routine should I do? I'm already plateauing as is.

What is your current routine and what are your lift levels in reference to your bw?
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards

bamp, if anyone can help I'll reward with pictures of gun, you can choose between Beretta 92S, 92FS, VP9, or PPS

Instead of being impatient and falling for the /fast/ meme that will drag you into atrophy purgatory maybe you should do a 500-1000 kcal cut like someone who isn't retarded and cares about their well-being.

You fuckers are worse than the onion bros.

nigger that's exactly what I'm talking about, doing a 500cal max protein shake only day

What's a good form of cardio to run parallel to a strength program?

Using a TM template and am realizing that my cardiovascular health has gone to shit.

Stats: 21 y/o, 92kg

1RM:
SQ: 180kg
BP: 120kg
DL: 190kg

Pls help me anons

Your reading comprehension is fucking negative. I'm talking about a 500-1000 calorie deficit from TDEE what the fuck am I doing still trying to talk to this goddamn fucktard i give up