What visible results can i expect from calisthenics? As in pushup variations, pullups, plank variations...

What visible results can i expect from calisthenics? As in pushup variations, pullups, plank variations, squats and shit. Natty btw.

Attached: automatation baibete.jpg (933x960, 195K)

You won't build a lot of strength or mass. You'll mostly just define whatever muscles you already have and increase the amount of punishment your body can take.

so that is why they do it in military service...

anime logic

retard

Fuck you

Not true at all.

Most people here would be better off doing calisthenics for a year or two before getting into heavy lifting.

Attached: Natty as fuck.jpg (1024x689, 249K)

delete this

this

Delete this

I can't afford a gym right now so I've been using a shit home gym machine plus body workouts and though I've lost mass (cause I'm on a deficit and doing cardio) , I still look fit enough and I've gained strength. I'm almost always sore after trainning, it's better than nothing, you can look pretty good from it

Attached: 1519794555185.png (817x443, 34K)

Do a proper routine with proper form like the leddit calisthenics one and you'll see progress just like on weights. It's just harder and slower.

Source: my chink friends 19 year old lil bro who only does calisthenics and is a pretty decent ottermode at 6'2 180ish lbs, dyel by fit standards tho. Also bear in mind hes a former highschool athlete and a chink so his starting fitness and work ethic is better than like half the people here

THIS
I started out with weights and had riducilous muscle imbalances. If youre a skinny faggot without muscle you need to build up youre core first....

depends on how much volume and intensity you apply to your workouts, and on your diet. You still need to implement progressive overload same as you would with a barbell, but it's not as straightforward as having your only 2 variables be weight and reps. you need to keep pushing yourself to progress onto the more difficult variations of each body weight exercise. Also, after you've started to adjust to the routine you'll be able to do much higher volume than you would with a heavy compound lift, and your body won't need as much time for recovery from calisthenics as it would from heavy deadlifts.

Most importantly just start, don't worry about getting all the details worked out before starting. Once you've established a regular routine that you're sticking to, you can more effectively apply the principles behind things like periodization after you're got some practical experience to relate the theory to.

I do calisthenics when i'm on vacation and too busy to find a proper gym, but you really shouldn't bother with it as a primary routine. It's usually lazy/autistic people asking about it on this board because they are too retarded to just go to a gym and lift weights.

It depends on your goals really.
It's probably not the best way if you want a bodybuilder physique, but a well rounded calisthenics workout can do just fine for functional strength and muscular endurance.
I do weighted calisthenics in addition to martial arts and I gain muscle, albeit slow.
Gained about 15lbs in the last 8 months after I got my eating in order and aim for 10 more.

umm sweetie, let me help you. DON'T. DO. CALISTHENICS. IF. YOUR. MAIN. GOALS. INVLOVE. YOUR. PHYSIQUE.

You won't become Arnie through calisthenics, but you'll get into pretty great shape, and you'll build mass, albeit slowly.

huge lats with weighted chinups, but not much else really... I know that's a hard pill to shallow but calisthenics wont build anything other than a pretty back from all the pull ups brah