is my aceleration okay ? i want to improve it and dont know how

webmshare.com/jqeGL

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7wVZj4exnM
trackandfieldnews.com/technique/109-Frank_Dick.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=NFS9oc-vLQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know shit about increasing acceleration. But if I had to guess practice with weights.

Resistance training. Tie a bungee to a pole and move to a position where you've taken in most the slack, then power out of the blocks.

did you see the webm ? thats me practicing to see where im lacking at

atm i have no track or whatever close, how do i make the bungee pole thingy ? any example

i read that weights are bad but pylometrics are good, but pylometrics are bored as fuck lol, dont know what to do

training for...? Acceleration in the 100m is longer than that, so you need to stay lower longer, keep your head low. Also you start with your dominant foot in the back because you use it to make your first step and it has the power to propel you further. For whatever reason you're using your front foot off the blocks first. Your arms are fucked, dont know what they're doing. Are you actively engaging your core? You need to stay lower and focus on accelerating, not sprinting, make each step count and hit the ground as hard as you can, you need to bring your knees higher too, your strides suck

weights won't really do shit once you hit about 225. If you can squat 225 easily then there is no purpose for lifting if sprinting is your primary concern, that's enough of a strength base to effectively do plyometrics. Don't listen to people saying squat more, the fastest kids in my school were dyels, its genetic + practice

Do front squats because it looks like you have a problem with thoracic extension and your core isn't strong enough to maintain good sprinting form

i didnt know that, thanks i will start working on my posture and strides, i measured the distance i covered within 5 steps and it was around 7 meters

should my starting strides be longer or shorter ?

yeah i have poor thoracic flexibility and strenght, i will start working on it, i didnt know core was that important on sprinting

Practice, practice, and practice. Keep hitting the gym, assuming your a sprinter track athlete you don't want to be doing more than 5 reps during competition season. Move weights fast. In addition to starts you can try falling starts, push up starts, "med ball chest pass with full extension into a start" all kinds of work you can do.

>weights are bad
dynamic lifts are great look into oly lifting

Flexibility never hurt but keep squating. The more force you can exert on the ground the faster you'll be. Squating above 225 will only help as long as you go full depth and as long as you keep the bar moving.

Yo don't go A2G, it's actually terrible.
Half and quarter squats are the name of the game.

im not a sprinter let alone track athlete, just fooling around and wanted to improve give it a try

well thanks all, now i know what i need to fix on, focus on weights, pylometrics, low reps and working on my start, stride and technique, i had no clue of these things , where i live i can practice only a very little margin of the start but i think thats enough

if you're serious about improving you need to find a track and get a pair of spikes. Check your local high school. Maybe a coach can give you a pointer or two if you show up towards the end of the high school kids' practice

im 24 i dont think anyone will give a fuck about me, but still, i have a soccer field close, think i will practice there

youtube.com/watch?v=u7wVZj4exnM

honestly no better feeling than having the summer wind blow on your bare chest with the sun about to go down after finishing a 200m and seeing the beauty of an empty track before you

but that's just me

looks nice, whats your 200m time ?

desu he shouldn't go into real oly lifting, too much technique
the power variations should be enough
ATG is great if you know what and why you're doing, you ned more flexibility and technique than a parallel sqaut

Would rope jump help ?

Also im lacking more flexibility/technique than speed/power or both ?

>Would rope jump help ?
not much but it's always good to do

dafuq, lean forward, the whole point of the starting position is to fall forward. Just watch a nfl video, also you're in a small area, go somewhere else for better practice

You run like a retard

If i ran well i wouldnt be asking on this blueboard forum for advices

this is the single most autistic thing i have seen today

>24
>running on your house parents patio

What the fuck is wrong with people over 23 on here ?

Attached: 1508182195238.png (645x729, 145K)

drink negro semen1

I do not think its humanly possible to get any faster op, ur start was so fast you moved ur moms towel on the line.

A few tips because your start is complete garbage
>lean down and forward in your stance
>keep your head down until you're breaking into your full stride (trust me, it works)
>drive your arms like a motherfucker

Use resistance bands to increase speed. Just look at any video of a sports training facility on instagram for that

wtf you may run like a retard but you have insane start, what are your lifts

also focus on your top end speed lmao, thats the principal, start can be improved as mentioned above by correcting your technique and practicing with starting blocks and on TRACK not on your patio fucking brainlet

OP may run like a faggot but how do i get a start like that ?

stride length is entirely based on force application. If you are throwing your legs out to obtain a longer stride, you will not have "longer strides" but you will create a breaking.

Speed comes is >Stride Frequency+Stride Length

Stride Length is determined by Absolute strength and its transfer into plyometric (explosive) strength. If you are seriously trying to get faster, you need to be squatting at least 2.5x your bodyweight. You must be able to do hurdle hops, standing triple jumps, standing long jumps etc.

trackandfieldnews.com/technique/109-Frank_Dick.pdf

Here are jump distances and their relative transfer into speed.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFS9oc-vLQ0

Michael Yessis is the man responsible for most of the Plyometric understanding and the entirety of the Old soviet Shock training systems. You must understand these concepts if you want to be fast and strong.

also your heel recovery is extremely high. You need low heel recovery in the drive phase.

interesting the stride thing, also by judging on my start what do you expect to be my 100 m time and 40 dash time?

squating 2.5 my bodyweight seems nuts, i think i could squat my BW max lol

whats heel recovery ? you mean i took too much steps ?