Tfw benched 1pl8 for the first time today

>tfw benched 1pl8 for the first time today
I did it lads
I finally fucking did it

Attached: 1521319018307.png (924x720, 1.04M)

nice job, im at 175x3 right now and i did 180x3 last week but now i can barely get that up.

Good on ya, m8. Now get to 2pl8 you fucking faggot.

Do you mean 1rm or for reps

I remember that for me, It felt so glorious.
A few weeks later it was 70 kg, now 78, 60kg/1pl8 doesn't even feel heavy anymore.
There are great times ahead.

Congrats you're still dyel status Ulnes you weigh under 60kg

I did 2 reps, I'm still a tiny boi but a few months ago I couldn't even bench the bar

>a few months ago I couldn't even bench the bar

holy fuck how

Attached: 1500429667749.png (800x600, 608K)

Congrats, keep it up, 2pl8 is next

Those were dark times indeed user

Congrats. You still a skinny bitch though.
Medical? Or just airatarian and short person.

im stuck at 175x3 guys help how do i get to 2plates

That’s nothing faggot I squat 12plates, pic related

Attached: 5A5C75D4-D098-441F-BBDD-9563C9E63BCC.jpg (500x375, 52K)

you bench more

>tfw hit 3pl8 for one sloppy rep and haven't been able to put it up again since

>doing a useless exercise like barbell bench

Probably just couldn't balance it, I bet he hit 30kg within his first 3 weeks

Attached: fresh smug.png (323x335, 183K)

yeah, why bother when you can do weighted dips

Attached: 1401611933692.jpg (640x480, 41K)

I'm at 2 pl8 x 8. My goal this summer is 3 pl8

Yo, OP, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Eric Spoto had one of the best bench presses of all time! One of the best benches of all time!

kek

i did that for 5 reps when i went to the gym for the first time when i was 14. congrats

>tfw stopped progressing at 37.5 kg

Attached: image.jpg (900x973, 222K)

>t. 5'6 manlet

nice job user. you're on your way to making it

Attached: YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT.png (2825x3698, 2.62M)

>did 1 p8 + 5lbs for reps yesterday

Get on my level little boy

Attached: 1510907454753.png (637x588, 18K)

Someone had to say it.

good job user.

Attached: 1519068617042.jpg (272x153, 17K)

Good work you skinny fuck. I feel weak only doing 245 for reps.

You should
T. 3pl8 for reps

>Implying the reduced ROM can make up for the smaller muscle mass

t. Started lifting at 5'6 when I was 14, now 5'10

I got to 1 pl8 a few months ago user. Feels good doesn't it?

See you at 2 pl8s ya fag :^)

Attached: 1520732431107.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

5/3/1

>t. great grandson of a very pricey slave

congrats

whats a pl8 im a newfag someone explain pls

Congrats! Today I finally, FINALLY managed to do 160 for 8 reps! And with 3 sets, too! It feels so fucking good to actually gain muscle and strength after years of just plateauing, feels really good man.

pl8 is just an abbreviation for "plate", and when somebody says that they are referring to the full, 45lbs plate. So when he says that he benched 1pl8, he means that be benched 135lbs in total (one 45 plate on each side plus the 45lbs bar).

grats on the poverty tier bench i hope you are a hungry skeleton

Plate (45lb) on each side of the bar

Eat motherfucker EAT

Is there something wrong with me? I’m happy for people making significant progress like this but I’ve been training for 6 months now and despite reasonable progress, I take no pride in my work.
I’m training for military selection so I suppose that’s what keeps me going, but I’m afraid if I lose that as a target to hit I’m going to lose interest in the gym entirely. I don’t get very excited for the gym, it’s just kinda something to do as I live a pretty insular lifestyle. It’s like a form of entertainment for me. help

1pl8 = 20kg/45lbs.

One 45lb plate either side.

Proud of you user, keep killing it

Pl8 as in plate. 1pl8 is one full dinner plate of raw beef stacked 6 inches high for breakfast lunch and dinner. That with a gallon of milk each day separates the men from the boys

Attached: 1519409242472.webm (320x320, 553K)

Keep going user.
I benched 3.5 plates (160kg/353lb) for the first time this week. Took me 4 years of natty lifting.

Attached: WZBclbR.png (1043x597, 717K)

i'm almost at 3pl8

Wat. I was doing 1pl8 when I first started lifting. Are you 12

Need for testosterone brah

Very cool user
I'm still at 75lb :(
See you soon

Not them but if you keep adding weight and just eat a ton of food and not care what you look like it should be easy

Congrats man! Feels amazing when you finally hit that first plate. I'm having a hard time getting past 155 pounds, so let me know if you ever figure that out.

Good work, user!

Basically. Eventually your body will reward you

I could bench 1pl8 from the start (6x3) which is surprising considering my upper body is absolute shit

And count the bar!

And the weight of your arms from your shoulders to your fingertips!

And the air resistance!

And the dust on the plates!

That fuckin crab lmao

This. 1pl8 is basically the threshold from novice to intermediate, 2pl8 from intermediate to average.

Benching 3pl8 natty though...You're a mutant

great i've been stuck on 1.5pl8 for years

i actually think this is my natty limit lmao

You are now a true entry level Veeky Forumsizen
Good job OP, you're gonna make it

Bet you got real strong trying to push your dad off of you every night huh faggot

It took me a damn long time to get to 1 plate bench. I genuinely thought I was a broken human being. But I kept at it.

Now I OHP 1 plate for 4 sets of 5 and bench 2 plate for the same.

1pl8 is 45 pounds added to the bar. So 1pl8 is the bar (45 lbs.) Plus 45 lbs. So 1pl8 would be 90 pounds total. That is to say 22.5 pounds added to each side of the bar. If someone says they bench 1pl8, it means they have two ten lb. Pl8s and one 2.5 lb. Plate om each side

Are there people that can't do that right off the bat? Most people can bench 135 and Deadlift 225 right from the get go

Happens. Try adjusting diet or sleep if either one has been lacking in this last week and if that doesn't help try a deload week.

I don't think most people can.

I couldn't deadlift 1pl8 when I first started. I don't know what my max bench was when I started but it sure wasn't 1pl8.

Now at 345 deadlift and 225 bench.

I've been lifting again after almost a decade of sitting on my ass for about a month now. I started off benching 135 for sets. I don't do 2pl8 for sets but truthfully I probably could and I know I could do at least a rep with it when I started. When I lifted in high school at about 15 years old I could bench 1pl8 right off the bat. When people tell me they couldnt do 1pl8 I find it hard to believe because I could as a teenager

>Was able to bench 2.5 plate in high school
>Have to take a break do to college and work
>6 months back into it and I am stalling at only 1.25 plate
Fucking kill me

Attached: 1393056518851.jpg (640x480, 99K)

*Had
And if anyone is wondering it was a 3 year break. All of my gains were fucking gone.

you didn't have to take a break dummy

Good work man. I can't wait to hit 1pl8 so I can make this exact fucking thread

good job man :) your gonna make it. You never forget your first plates.

>Didn't own a car, no gym for miles, poorfag so couldn't make in home gym or pay the $30 a month for the gyms around
I really could have if I pushed myself hard enough and made the extra bucks but as an 18 year old kid I didn't push myself enough to do it. I really do regret it.

>intermediate to average.

I don't think you know what those words mean.

>can barely bench 40kg
>see this
Being weakfat is a curse. At least i'm progressing.

Proud of you fampai.

I remember struggling on 50lbs on a fucking smith machine and now I can easily bust out 8 of 135.

We'll all make it.

Body weight exercises are free. So are isometrics. Even the poorest of poor fags can fill a used milk jug up with sand/gravel for basic ass weights. Is it ideal? No, but it is far better than nothing.

It's okay user. As you said, at least you're progressing. We are all gonna make it.

>use regular bar
>weigh arms and bring custom plates of equivalent weight
>wipe everything clean
>evacuate atmosphere via gym airlock

ready for sick precision gains

Attached: lGbYCRK.png (640x457, 485K)

>2pl8
>average
The average man can barely bench .5 plate

>tfw fucked up back and shoulders from scoliosis
>tfw barely did 3 reps of squat with belt at 2pl8
>tfw bench forever stuck at 105 for 3x5

Anons, how do I get better at bench? Should I do more push ups for mass? Should I do floor bench to get out of the hole? Should I just try as many reps as possible at a 5x5 and put bench in every sesh? Should I eat more and get fat again just to bench?

>bench 65kg 1rm today
>realize i just benched 7kg over my bodyweight
end me lads

Attached: ribbit.jpg (416x366, 62K)

This I am also finding hard to believe.

This thread makes me feel a lot better about my 40kg for 3x12. Haven't tried my 1rm yet but could probably do 1pl8, possibly for 5x5.

>weigh 58kg
Jesus christ man i hope you're

>talking down to people while having a 3pl8 bench for reps (probably not even in the hundreds)

>counting the bar

Attached: 1520894528530.png (1255x899, 1.24M)

>Haven't tried my 1rm yet but could probably do 1pl8, possibly for 5x5.
don't get your hopes up.
>M1rm = Mxr*(xr/30+1)
Your 1RM = 40*(12/30+1) = 40*1.4 = 56kg. Add 5%(2.3kg) for the fact that you can do 3 sets - so barely 58.3kg. Also doing 1RM is very different than doing 12 rep sets. You probably can barely lift 55kg for one rep.
>possibly for 5x5
Your 1RM needs to be around 75 for that.

>So weak you need other soyboys to open a bottle for you
Where is this world going?

>lifting for 2 months and can barely bench 5x 45kg
should I kms?

it all started with faggots who started counting the weight of the bar, that was the moment humanity was irrevocably doomed. all benevolent forces in their universe turned their backs on us in disgust.

Attached: ZWteVn2.png (808x755, 497K)

No, just eat more and be persistent.
Everyone starts somewhere. Don't listen to these memerd that started lifting 3pl8s when they were 8 years old.

>people have different starting points
Who would have thought

I'm 169cm on a good day so between 5'6" and 5'7"

>smaller than my 14yo cousin, who is a girl
don't get too buff, you'll look like an angry goblin.