Do you use "freestyle" days to mix things up...

Do you use "freestyle" days to mix things up? As in on a particular day maybe every two or three weeks you don't follow your plan but do random exercises to failure.
Is something like this useful?
(Pic unrelated)

Attached: 1495759895906.jpg (713x542, 46K)

If you're following a routine that calls for it then sure otherwise stick to your routine as described

>random exercises
>once a two or three weeks
>failure

pls delet

How do I go Don Frye mode?

I can understand the reasoning for it but I wouldn't let it interfere with your program. It's like doing some sport on the side for fun. Sure, why not go kickboxing or playing tennis every week. Or just try out some different exotic lifting exercises which could be incorporated in your next routine. Just don't let it fuck up your progress by overtraining yourself or hurting yourself by accident.

damn Tom Selleck looked like THAT?

Attached: 1_29.jpg (1525x2000, 584K)

Is that Mike Haggar?

This way it's more difficult for the body to adapt to your routine. Muscle groups that would be sore while doing one exercise might be fit when mixing things up.

Why would it be useful? Anymore useful than a program that is periodized?

I always do random excercises, for specific body type im doing that day

Pretty much anyone thats training 2+ years is doing this

periodization is already a thing in bodybuilding/strength training

That's not exactly what the OP is talking about.
It's more...an organic...follow your feels kind of day.
That's actually needed to help create physical mastery and to progress beyond using the crutch of other peoples programs.
Understanding yourself and how you react to certain training styles and how far you can go is how you attain self mastery.

you're talking nonsense trying to justify a really, really stupid idea

I do it on those days where I just dont feel like going to the gym and would otherwise skip.

Attached: 1519990611746.jpg (716x502, 132K)

I'm doing 5/3/1 but am in the gym every day, cardio when I'm not lifting. On cardio days I'll sometimes hit up a few sets of dips and chins to get a good pump going before I leave, or I'll even throw in a 45 min arm workout. Do what you like doing, bruh.

Don Frye is peak male aesthetics. I love that fight where he busted up Takayama

Attached: Don Frye Advocates Gender Equality.png (1368x585, 1.08M)

Dont you dare calling my boy Don unrelated

I’m bored this morning with too much energy. Normally I drink and stay up late on Friday night but I didn’t. I might go do some random arm and back workouts to kill time this morning ... thx for the idea op

You need to distract the muscle so it doesn’t know you’re coming. As soon as you’ve lost it’s attention that’s when you shock it. If planned properly, the muscle will be in so much disarray it will have no choice but to grow. Freestyle lifts are a guaranteed fast track to quick and massive gains through piercing the muscles concentration

I've heard something similar from Schwarzenegger. But I'm not sure if it's just a myth.

Based Don Frye, a true American hero

This is the idea behind Crossfit. Take that for what it's worth

such a classic beatdown