/fast/ #152 - Back on Track Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Previous thread

Attached: fasting.jpg (862x3832, 836K)

Other urls found in this thread:

growyouthful.com/remedy/borax.php
draxe.com/top-10-potassium-rich-foods/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fasting is stupid and pointless and only proves that you're incapable of any measure of personal discipline or of making any intelligenct life choices.

Intellgent people with some discipline make permanent lifestyle changes that include making sound dietary choices that are sustainable, they don't resort to extreme nonsense like "fasting". You're deluding yourself if you can't see the logic in what I'm saying.

Post a photo of yourself with timestamp.

>incapable of any measure of personal discipline
Ever try not eating any food for a couple weeks?

>permanent lifestyle changes
Fasting focused lifestyle is a lifestyle change.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2017-10-14-10-40-59.jpg (1290x870, 681K)

you are fucking retarded, fat loss is not sustainable so you are telling people to just eat healthy but stay fat for the rest of their life

fasting is pernament lifestyle tho.

now fuck off crab

Sup /fast/
I've done a 7day fast before but I wasn't prepared, didn't drink salt, didn't break the fast correctly and felt like shit the whole time.
Thinking about trying again now that I've done more research, got the snakejuice, etc.
I going to plan on 7 days maybe continue depending on feel.
I'm pretty goal oriented, so I'm curious what my end wieght should be. I'm currently 5'10 and 225lbs, any thoughts?

Attached: XCamera-20180324_134905.jpg (2036x2036, 1.55M)

First day of my 7 day fast, completely motivated and excited for the end result. We're gonna make it boiz

How's your progress going?

Attached: qt nip.jpg (564x514, 24K)

>fat loss isnt sustainable
What?

You first, fatass

That's not discipline that's stupidity

you cant lose fat forever. at some point you hit 8%

>lose weight fast as fuck boy
>many health benefits
>regulates hormones
>increases metabolism rather than lower it like CICO
>increases hgh and test to preserve lean mass
>based autophagy making your skin look good as fuck

You's just a bitch that's too lazy to do your research

growyouthful.com/remedy/borax.php

ARE YOU TAKING YOUR BORON FATTY?

Boron Concentrate:
> 1 tsp Sodium Borate
> 1 liter / quart of water

Dosage:
> 1 tsp Boron Concentrate = 7mg Boron
> 1 tsp mixed with any drink
> get 4 tsp in throughout the day (28mg)

Add this to your snake juice.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-24-14-11-30.jpg (1191x1487, 668K)

Attached: lift_by_romansiiid5w0yc6.gif (1467x1000, 456K)

>fat loss is not sustainable
FOR YOU.

I used to be >300 pounds. Weighed in at 200 this morning. It's been OVER 15 YEARS since I was that heavy. You just lack discipline and perhaps basic intelligence. GET CORRECT.

Keep believing your own lies if if makes you happy

Hmmm... Really makes you think.

Attached: 1510889196500.png (571x618, 29K)

so you didnt sustain fat loss? you fucking retard
if you sustained fat loss for 15 years you would be dead

that means you didnt keep losing fat for 15 years. at some point you ate at TDEE

>doesn't understand how the word 'sustainable' applies in this context

>fat loss is sustainable
>didnt constantly lose fat
you didnt sustain fat loss.
you lost weight and then sustained at TDEE.

this is why saying fasting is not sustainable is fucking retarded. because no fat loss is sustainable. at some point you die.

Is it hard to maintain an active lifestyle with this? I'm considering doing a 4 day fast during the long weekend next week and I'll either be camping/hiking all weekend or snowboarding all weekend.

I can't really do fasting during a normal workweek because I'm in the army and I do cardio every morning.

Huh, I wonder who would profit from keeping people fat?

Attached: 1521864051940.png (1000x1080, 161K)

>2017
>July to October
>250 -> 190
>still 190
A B S O L U T E L Y S U S T A I N E D
B
S
O
L
U
T
E
L
Y

S
U
S
T
A
I
N
E
D

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-24-14-00-30.jpg (1282x804, 364K)

>still 190
SO YOU DIDNT SUSTAIN FAT LOSS.
YOU SUSTAINED YOUR WEIGHT. YOU DIDNT KEEP LOSING WEIGHT.

Man, you are really dumb. Let me spell it out for you since you're too dumb to figure it out:

>FASTING is not a SUSTAINABLE lifestyle choice
You can't fast forever.
>I adopted SENSIBLE LIFESTYLE AND DIETARY CHOICES, and because of that lost over 100 pounds, and have been able to SUSTAIN a healthy weight for years now
Can your room-temperature IQ understand that?

Well, I'm 6'4 so at some point you reach your goal weight fucking retard.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-24-14-01-03.jpg (1286x1293, 415K)

Look, fasting doesn't work. You'll go into starvation mode and your metabolism will come to a screeching halt. You won't lose weight. You have to eat to stoke that metabolic furnace. You also need to switch your routine to whatever Men's Health is pushing in the current month and buy the supplements they advertise. Fasting is free and things that are free don't work.

Attached: jew_news_media_twilight_zone.jpg (480x468, 40K)

I weight 297lbs but we look same(excet my moobs) and my weight loss for last 4 days went like this
-2,4lb
-2lb
-2,6lb
-3,3lb

Obviously shitload of that is water weight

>You can't fast forever.
Yes you can. I () still fast a minimum of 48 hours every week, and otherwise eat one meal a day or ADF+IF

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-23-00-13-51.jpg (766x745, 214K)

Fasting is for dumb babbys with room-temperature IQs and a complete lack of personal discipline. The only way they can stop stuffing their faces with food 24 hours a day is to never have a single morsel of food within line of sight, or they'll go gobble it up. I feel bad for any housepets around these idiots, they probably chew on the cat's tail or something, or try to eat the goldfish.

Not even trying.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-24-14-24-58.jpg (1373x1378, 297K)

so again
you ate less. lost weight then started eating normally healthy, but more cals
wow, it as if your diet wasnt sustainable.
just like fasting.

Come back in 5 years and tell us you're still doing that.
>you won't because you'll have quit and got fatter than ever

I'm not fat. You are. GAME OVER.

You're too dumb to have any sort of coherent conversation with, good-bye.

>shitting on fasting
Not cool.

True, It's easy not to eat anything for days on end. The real difficulty is eating every two hours including setting your alarm to wake up at night.

Attached: 1488209675959.jpg (586x768, 79K)

Fasting is really easy tho, and flexible. I've binged before on a weekend... pounded a few large pizzas myself... and just fasted an extra day, worked a little harder in the gym, and it was back to 190 within a week.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-22-09-32-43.jpg (1289x1275, 669K)

but i am not. i am fasting with OMAD and getting to 8% from 18% in less then a month

I do a 48-72 hour fast every week, is that sustainable? Or should I be doing them less frequently?. I went from ~180 lbs at the end of January to 150 a couple of days ago. Was shooting for 140 but am unsure what to do after I reach it.

Is it hard to maintain an active lifestyle with this? I'm considering doing a 4 day fast during the long weekend next week and I'll either be camping/hiking all weekend or snowboarding all weekend.

I can't really do fasting during a normal workweek because I'm in the army and I do cardio every morning.

pic unrelated

Attached: 1506098566898.png (600x800, 591K)

>good-bye.
What kind of queer hyphenates this word honestly? Did you dnap your fingers and crane your neck when you posted that Felicia?

>Is it hard to maintain an active lifestyle with this?
No, snakeman is currently working out full body 7 days a week.

>AUTOPHAGY
Fixing loose skin routine.

>23 hours soft dry fast
- no fluid of any kind
- yes you can wash your hands
>1 hour feeding window, get your fluid in.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-01-19-21-32-30.jpg (1297x1367, 813K)

>drink laundry detergent

Attached: 1521753098178.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Yeah but cardio drains your glycogen much faster...and much harder to maintain without glycogen stores

Obese Redditors do.

Attached: noeating.png (512x512, 340K)

>what is fasted cardio

Is there some reason I can't just take my potassium and sodium all at once and just get it over with?

This brine solution tastes like someone came in lake water.

Did a 92 hour fast couldn't make it to 100 but still proud for it being my first water and salt only fast.
Did I slowdown my metabolism though? Or will it go back up or even higher?

Would Dioralyte be a decent replacement for a proper snake juice mix? I can't fucking find anything like No Salt where I live.

whats PTS?and why is name of sender censored

>Is there some reason I can't just take my potassium and sodium all at once and just get it over with?
It'll cause you to shit your pants, try it and see. Drinking it slower helps you absorbe the salts. Snake Juice is personalized largely, if you don't like it as concentrated then dilute it more. Eventually you'll get used to the taste, or you can add spices like cayenne pepper for flavor (and also thermogenic effects). The important thing you need from it is hydration and electrolytes, if you find yourself getting headaches after 6-7 days you'll know you're not getting enough salt in.

No, this is why its called Snake Diet.
>eat BIG
>fast LONG
Just don't lower your calorie intake on the day, and start adding in exercise on your feeding days. This isn't a diet for working around exercise, as you get thinner you'll want to move more... if you fight this and remain sedentary then yes... your metabolism will slow. Get it in your head now that consistent exercise is in your future, in your present. Go hit the pushup thread.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-14-21-25-35.jpg (1172x1298, 602K)

>intentionally obstaining from all food for extended periods through sheer willpower and discipline absent from 99% of the human population
>hurr durr fasting is for people with no discipline lololol
>proven to burn fat, preserve muscle, increase HGH, testosterone, insulin snsitivity and metabolism, heal liver, kidneys, visceral organ fat, GI tract, gut bacteria, acne, psoriasis, eczema, beetus, tumors, just to name a few
>B-but muh starvation mode
>Uh fuck uh... I-it's not sustainable! Yeah, t-that's it! You can't fast forever! Checkmate you.
>Yeah and no one said you could or should, thats why you spread out fasts more the longer they are.
>Don't fast goy! J-just eat 6 high carb anf soy meals a day!
>Goy? W-where are you going goy?
>Oy vey... M-uh 6 gorrilion? G-goyim?
>Please don't stop buying my poisons goyim...
Are you faggots even trying?

Attached: 1385770598633.jpg (297x365, 55K)

idk post the label
>no artificial sweeteners
>sodium chloride
>potassium chloride
If it satisfies these three components then sure, maybe.

The thing that gets me with these trolls is that they don't seem to realize every last one of us used to be on a mainstream diet and would have considered fasting just as insane as they do before doing the research and seeing the results. Nigga, no way would I be doing this shit if the "common sense" approach had the same tangible benefits as fasting.

Discovered snake man's videos by a fluke, but was curious enough about his claims to give it a try. Did a 48 fast followed by a 72. First noticeable thing that happened was brain fog lifting, a persistent but mild skin rash I've had for over a year that didn't respond to steroid cream started shrinking and my chronic shoulder pain started to feel better. At this point I believe his claims that fasting can cure cancer and AIDS.

>If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

So this is really more than a 48 hour fast right? Since it's almost 70 hours between my Friday and Monday meals (if I'm eating at 12 PM ever day and doing the 48 hour fast on weekends). Or am I reading it wrong?

>brain fog lifting
This is a common phenomenon, and its why people who are already fit still maintain a fasting focused lifestyle. Fasting is like a nootropic awareness heightener.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-07-23-34-12.jpg (1299x873, 416K)

I get the feeling that nobody read past the first line of It's pretty clearly sarcastic as fuck.

>It'll cause you to shit your pants, try it and see.
N-no thanks senpai, I'll just sip my supplements..

Attached: 2011-alicia-sacramone.jpg (640x416, 51K)

Suck it up. Too much at once will give you diarrhea, dehydrating you, or possibly even give you an ulcer.

You can dilute it if you want but don't ever take it all at once.

>fasting can cure cancer and AIDS.
It's not the only STD it cures lol, we're in a new age of fearless rawdogging. It's an exciting time.

Attached: dioralyte-sachets-blackcurrant1-hr[1].jpg (1200x1200, 332K)

>glucose 56g
Absolutely not. The way the body achieves a fasted state is glucose depletion. This stuff would instantly kick you out of a fasted state.

Since I started fast earlier this week had an outbreak of cold sores that healed itself in under 24 hours. Convinced my body is destroying this shit once and for all.

I think it's supposed to be 3.56g not 56g, I know the glucose is a problem but is 3.56g really enough to kick me out of keto for a significant amount of time, wouldn't my body use up that glucose and get back into keto fairly quickly? If I don't use this I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to get this electrolyte mix.

Is it absolutely fucking necessary to get this precise mix of electrolytes? Could I just manage with salt-water and forego the potassium? I mean I know I'm not going to die but I don't wanna feel like fucking shit either if I can avoid it.

>for a significant amount of time
not for a significant period of time, if its truly 3.56g (fucking Euros).

>Is it absolutely fucking necessary to get this precise mix of electrolytes? Could I just manage with salt-water and forego the potassium?
Those two are the base essentials unfortunately, you can still fast you just won't be doing 10 days comfortably. You could do 5-6 days without worrying about it though. On your 1-2 feed days a week salt the fuck out of everything, and look up high potassium foods... like oranges for example. Just start fasting, and while you're fasting keep looking for a source for the salts.
>start fasting
>if you feel like death stop and eat
>start fasting again
GO

draxe.com/top-10-potassium-rich-foods/
Your refeed menu, salted avocados are fucking amazing because you'll stay in ketosis.

Thanks a lot man you're a great help

Attached: giphy[1].gif (320x240, 1.08M)

+/- a few hours, eat at 5-7pm 24hrs + 22hrs eat at 5-7 or 7-9

>help me count hours
Really?

Just reminder that you dont have to sip on snake juice all day to get your electrolytes. Even Snake Man just adds salts to his glass of water twice a day. You just have to get right ammount or you will shit yourself

>nb4 people fall for this and shit their pants.
If you try this, you'll never trust another fart again.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-18-21-30-08.jpg (1172x1170, 528K)

not baiting.
justl like do half teaspoon twice a day and you should be ok

>BF% drops below 15% @ 178 pounds
>notice girls touching me more, commenting on my appearance more

IT'S HAPPENING
My plan now is to shave off another 1% per week until I'm below 10. This last week I was dropping ~0.2 pounds per day, lifting every day (also did yoga & hit the sauna a few days & lost more), eating OMAD

500g of organic meat
shitload of fruit
100g dark chocolate
6 eggs
various other foods that would add up to maybe 500 calories (cream mixed with my eggs, greek yogurt, couple of nuts etc)
coffee

Lots of energy throughout the day & making good progress at the gym, honestly I could just cut the chocolate & reign in the fruit intake for a few weeks (or slip in a weekly 48h) & hit my goal for a joke

Thank you Snakeman for yelling at me so that I can finally come out of a winter looking aesthetic

>Thank you Snakeman for yelling at me
tough love best love

>eating OMAD
why not just fast?

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2017-12-26-11-47-48.jpg (1439x970, 596K)

I was doing 36s or 48s between every meal for a while with great results, but I figured now that I'm pretty close to GW & still have at least a month of cutting season left, I could start focusing on gains a bit more again. If OMAD is moving too slow after I make the food adjustments I mentioned previously, I'll switch back to longer fasts for a week.

does eca get you into keto faster?

Probably, since its a stimulant stack that cranks up your energy expenditure. Your epinephrine and HGH are going to be cranked up after day 3, I'd say its risky doing this once you're in a deep fast (3+ days)

Is this your brain on CICO?

So far so good.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-24-16-41-40.jpg (1393x991, 119K)

grinding my teeth while fasting

anyone else have this issue?

Anyone else think autophagy is a meme in terms of acne? I think acne is just reduced because you stopped consuming fatty foods and are losing weight.
Nope
Drugs and supplements are a crutch

>Anyone else think autophagy is a meme in terms of acne? I think acne is just reduced because you stopped consuming fatty foods and are losing weight.
Autophagy isn't what helps acne, it's dry fasting to intentionally stop your pores from building up excess moisture and allowing your skin to heal instead. If I had acne I'd be doing the same dry fasting routine people use for loose skin.

>not doing EZ mode fasting with copious amounts of black coffee and snus

why torture yourselves?

Self development.

Willpower works in weird ways, it can get exhausted but gets trained like a muscle over time.

Fair enough in the case of someone who's already Veeky Forums and used to a reasonably ascetic lifestyle, but the /fat/ guys using this to lose weight have a reasonably high chance of burning out if they're trying to fast for 7 days without some form of vice or crutch.

Personally I think I've discovered that my food addiction's actually an oral fixation. I've always had litres of water everyday, chew tonnes of gum, used to chainsmoke and snack constantly.

I know I can do it, but my performance will suffer...and I care about performance

whats a snu?

Chewing tobacco

snus is a powdered tobacco product, people use it like dip sometimes... sometimes they inhale it.

Anyone ever been successful convincing a normie that fasting is healthy?

>results talk, bullshit walks
Yes, convinced a WWII vet and several people in their 30s and 40s. Losing a lot of weight helps with credibility.

nvm was thinking of snuff, don't inhale snus.

Perhaps skin improves on account of drastically increased growth hormone.

Snus is a Swedish tobacco product, similar to dip but pasteurised instead of fermented or fire-cured. The end result is that it's by far the safest tobacco product by any metric (there's not really any conclusive study to show that it has any negative health effects, and the Swedes have been studying the shit out of it for 60 years).

I find it helps a lot in a fast 'cause it gives me something to do with my mouth and nicotine's a fairly potent anorectant.

N.B American tobacco companies now market stuff as "snus" that's not real snus - it's just dip with added sugar

yea i get that, i lost 45 lbs very quick but people just keep telling me it was not healthy, i risked my kidneys and some mumbo jumbo nonsense. Some even thought i was having eating disorders. It's like everyone else is under a spell, weird stuff.

It's like anything else. When the listener has the options of a) I'm wrong; or b) the speaker is wrong... well, you know. People tend to reject that which counters their understanding.

I already regularly dip copenhagen original - that won't break my fast, will it? Shouldn't be any sugar in it