Are above the knee rack pulls a meme?

are above the knee rack pulls a meme?

>3 inch rom
>get red as a tomato doing them
>wrists feel like theyre about to fall off
>feel like im about to burst a blood vessel

what advantage is there to doing them so high

Attached: 1478094572403.gif (500x500, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dz8TADiNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you can move very heavy weights which is good for the egolifting crowd

Attached: 1517681333953.jpg (640x360, 29K)

i want to drum that ass like a bongo

Train your cns for deadlifts later on

Whore can’t dance, can only jiggle her holes.

grip work

impossible

no way im going to be able to hold on to 5 plates

she doesnt really have to do anything else

sounds like a personal problem

im fine with that
life is about enjoying the simple things
like benis in vergina

I mean its just counter productive. If you're doing a lift to make your back stronger, why would you want to be limited by your grip strength? I use straps, but if you're implying I shouldn't then it just seems pointless to do this exercise. Like I used to do rows without straps and was limited to 1 set of 225. Now that I use them I can do 3x7, if your post meant use straps then disregard this. But I aint pulling 500 lb double overhand strapless lmao

Like he already posted
>sounds like a personal problem

Train grip you faggot. The record raw deadlift is 1015lbs. No excuses to not get half of that.

>having this weak of a grip

Attached: laughingsaladwoman.jpg (267x400, 11K)

>sounds like a personal problem

and i'll say again, its counter productive and nobody is going to deny it. If you do a lift to train your back and are limited by your grip strength you're not training your back as effectively as you could be. End of discussion, post your stats because for all I know I could be talking to dudes who row 135 lb and pull 3 plate berating me about "grip strength"

youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dz8TADiNM

straps

there's nothing counter productive about picking up a really heavy barbell

meme lift ego bullshit

>dat gif
she's nowhere near as fine as she thinks she is
but that's true of pretty much all women today

trips wasted on not-based /r9k/ poster

Great for the traps nothing helped mine grow as well as rack pulls. My gyms dumbbells max out at 120 and barbell shrugs grind on my junk.

>doing 1/2 rom anything
No.

Above the knee is good if you're trying to move as much weight as possible. I do mine from the knee as I can't deadlift

i love all you kids giving him a hard time about MUH GRIP STRENGTH when none of you even climb. its like the ultimate irony to me.

Maybe you just need stronger grip instead of complaining about how your bitch mittens can't hold a barbell. I've never used straps, and won't use them for a while. Anyway, in powerlifting comps, straps aren't allowed. They're ok for strongman, but not all events allow them so relying on straps too much will limit overall training value.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>grip is only used for climbing
????????????????????

Sounds like a personal problem

>Bro do you even climb

>mfw i watched my friend deadlift 445 double overhand strapless

Attached: 1507248746369.jpg (470x470, 31K)

Since I’m the only one who knows what they are talking about here. Above the knew rack pulls are for strengthening your lock out. That is if your lock out is your weak point then they will be beneficial. Also you eventually get to the point where you can’t squat heavy and deadlift heavy in the same week. Rack pulls are not as hard on your cns as pulling from the floor. So you can either do rack pulls after deadlifting heavy or as an alternative to pulling from the floor especially if lockout is your weak point. Concerning grip. I always use straps for block pulls and rack pulls. I usually don’t for deadlifts. My grip strength has not been an issue until recently. If your grip is limiting your deadlift either train your grip strength or do more rep work on when deadlifting at a lower weight. I don’t feel like this should need to be addressed but someone made a comment about pulling double overhand vs using straps so I will. Use double overhand while warming up and until it gives out on your working sets then switch to reverse. If that gives out use straps. It’s not unreasonable for your grip to be a weak point as your forearm muscles are small in comparison to the rest used in a deadlift.

my friend climbs v8+ and cant even double overhand 315lbs. there are different kinds of grip strength you pretentious faggot

>my friend climbs v8+
maybe on slab. im not pretentious, im just better than you all

unironically i think rack pulls are useless for the average person trying to get their deadlift up. the majority of people have the most trouble breaking the weight off the floor or getting it past mid-shin. so what is the purpose of training the top part of the movement above the knee where you have zero problems. as in, if you get it past your knee you will make the lift every time? much better to spend more time doing deficit deadlifts or pause deadlifts at mid-shin or knee height.